Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Julius Randle always has a good game when I watch the Lakers. It's weird. (And I'm not only catching Mavs Lakers, I'll watch random nationally televised Laker games.)

If the Mavs end up with the 10th to 12th pick and are offered to trade that pick + Curry for a top 3 pick, would you pull the trigger?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Paul George got hurt in a non-NBA game, let's only send scrubs to the Olympics from now on.

Bogut broke his leg in a meaningless regular season game. Let's hold out our signings until the playoffs.

Kevin Ware shattered his leg in a meaningless, unpaid college basketball game. Probably shouldn't start prospects until they're at least on a euro team somewhere.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Spacebump posted:

(And I'm not only catching Mavs Lakers, I'll watch random nationally televised Laker games.)

Doctors! This man needs help stat!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Doltos posted:

Paul George got hurt in a non-NBA game, let's only send scrubs to the Olympics from now on.

Bogut broke his leg in a meaningless regular season game. Let's hold out our signings until the playoffs.

Kevin Ware shattered his leg in a meaningless, unpaid college basketball game. Probably shouldn't start prospects until they're at least on a euro team somewhere.

You realize how stupid you sound, right?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

WhyteRyce posted:

Like, I don't understand that defense of him. Vlade said he had a better deal on the table two days ago and a bunch of people laughed at him and then the Sacramento media immediately jumps to his defense saying "ENGLISH ISN'T HIS FIRST LANGUAGE HE MEANT TO SAY OFFER NOT DEAL" as if that should completely change how we view the trade. Like, no one thought that Vlade agreed to the better deal and he got bamboozled by a dirty last minute swap, or that he had two competing offers on the table and willingly went with the worst one. Now anything he says that makes him sound dumb or hypocritical is just confusion on our part because we don't understand English isn't his first language. It's the weirdest strawman that people put up to defend him.

The "English isn't his first language" defense is also terrible pandering considering he has been in America and speaking English since 1989, which is longer than most players on the team have been alive. It's not like he's fresh off the boat or anything. He's just a dumb, bad GM who was told to trade Cousins, made a dumb, bad deal, and said dumb, bad things to defend himself. That's it.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Doltos posted:

Boy are you retarded

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Paul Zuvella posted:

I think it's hilarious that people in this thread act like NBA players are made of glass and if they try hard at all in the all-star game they're going to get career ending injuries.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Paul Zuvella posted:

It should be noted at times players have skipped those things for basically those reasons.

So it doesn't even work as intended,

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Everyone stop ruining the best thread on the forums!!!!!!

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Please, please

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Time posted:

Everyone stop ruining the best thread on the forums!!!!!!

Once Charles "I'm The Most Miserable Poster on this Forum, hit the question mark by my name and look at the majority of my posts in this thread criticizing other posters and participating in dogpiles" theHammer gets involved the threads already gone.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Portland is flirting with the 8 seed again on the back of Big Nurk and it's kinda hilarious

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Doltos posted:

Once Charles "I'm The Most Miserable Poster on this Forum, hit the question mark by my name and look at the majority of my posts in this thread criticizing other posters and participating in dogpiles" theHammer gets involved the threads already gone.

I wasn't even being mean get over yourself.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Spoeank posted:

The "English isn't his first language" defense is also terrible pandering considering he has been in America and speaking English since 1989, which is longer than most players on the team have been alive. It's not like he's fresh off the boat or anything. He's just a dumb, bad GM who was told to trade Cousins, made a dumb, bad deal, and said dumb, bad things to defend himself. That's it.

haha reddit posters can be butthurt sometimes.

Yesterday:
"TMZ with the clickbait garbage they really are trash"
*gets upvoted*

Today:
Me: "haha some people here owe an apology to TMZ"
*gets downvoted*

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Hang in there little buddy

Doltos posted:

I think it's hilarious that people in this thread act like NBA players are made of glass and if they try hard at all in the all-star game they're going to get career ending injuries.

This isn't really the argument people are making. They are saying that there is no incentive at all to play seriously, but there are incentives not too. Being injured is one of the incentives not too, and its a pretty big one when you consider a lot of these guys are trying to make the playoffs or secure a top seed.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Also ESPN had this nugget that i thought was funny

quote:

Russell Westbrook's 145 points in his last three games against Portland (42, 45 and 58, respecitvely) is the highest by any NBA player over a three-game span vs. a particular opponent since 1990, when Michael Jordan scored 148 points over three games against the Cavaliers. (Elias Sports Bureau)

OKC just lost a bunch of games they should have won

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

leftist heap posted:

Portland is flirting with the 8 seed again on the back of Big Nurk and it's kinda hilarious

Yeah I'm quietly laughing at the standings. I wanted Portland to just tank out the rest of the season, but if they made the playoffs by beating out the team they just made their seemingly tanking trade with, that would be funny enough to be worth the first round sweep. Especially since it's the trade itself that would have turned their fortunes, not any other random thing like a player returning from injury.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Dokmo, do you have thoughts on the rockets lineup decisions re: defense?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Spacebump posted:

Julius Randle always has a good game when I watch the Lakers. It's weird. (And I'm not only catching Mavs Lakers, I'll watch random nationally televised Laker games.)

If the Mavs end up with the 10th to 12th pick and are offered to trade that pick + Curry for a top 3 pick, would you pull the trigger?

Seth Curry has been kind of awesome. I think you do it for the #1 or #2 pick for sure, but I don't see why Philly would do that. Boston might, I guess, but I doubt it. I just don't see the deal being offered.

If you can move up to 3-5, I could see that being offered. I'm not sure I'd take that, but Curry is also only on a 2 year deal so I think it mostly depends on who they like in that group.

So basically, I don't see a deal like that getting offered, but if it does it will depend on how much they like the prospects vs thoughts on resigning Curry.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Can we talk about Lonzo Ball's dad?
https://twitter.com/TheHerd/status/839183862756339712?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

10 plus curry isn't getting you top 3.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

WhyteRyce posted:

Like, I don't understand that defense of him. Vlade said he had a better deal on the table two days ago and a bunch of people laughed at him and then the Sacramento media immediately jumps to his defense saying "ENGLISH ISN'T HIS FIRST LANGUAGE HE MEANT TO SAY OFFER NOT DEAL" as if that should completely change how we view the trade. Like, no one thought that Vlade agreed to the better deal and he got bamboozled by a dirty last minute swap, or that he had two competing offers on the table and willingly went with the worst one. Now anything he says that makes him sound dumb or hypocritical is just confusion on our part because we don't understand English isn't his first language. It's the weirdest strawman that people put up to defend him.

I thought the funniest tidbit was that the better offer from two days before was also from the Pelicans, or was that not true?

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy

Lockback posted:

Seth Curry has been kind of awesome. I think you do it for the #1 or #2 pick for sure, but I don't see why Philly would do that. Boston might, I guess, but I doubt it. I just don't see the deal being offered.

If you can move up to 3-5, I could see that being offered. I'm not sure I'd take that, but Curry is also only on a 2 year deal so I think it mostly depends on who they like in that group.

So basically, I don't see a deal like that getting offered, but if it does it will depend on how much they like the prospects vs thoughts on resigning Curry.

I wouldn't personally (as you say, if it's for 1 or 2, I think about it), but I'm not a professional and so I don't know if that'd match general consensus. Of course, I also have almost as big of a man-crush on Carlisle as I do Dirk, and so I'm fairly excited what Curry can do over the next several years.

And Cuban's on record saying he wants him here "forever"; though he's provided a similar sentiment on Matthews, and given the nature of salaries and whatnot, that's probably not necessarily reasonable.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Shear Modulus posted:

I thought the funniest tidbit was that the better offer from two days before was also from the Pelicans, or was that not true?

Yeah it was and even his staunch defender at the Bee confirmed it. Pretty much everything he said in the press conference made the whole thing sound worse and worse but people latched onto the one thing that people could slightly interpret differently (but didn't) and then act like everyone had this great misinterpretation of the whole thing.

This is the guy that Cousins froze out from media sessions for being a hack
https://twitter.com/beasleo/status/833823543624245248
https://twitter.com/beasleo/status/833823374652559360
https://twitter.com/beasleo/status/833919849394950144

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Leo Beas is such trash

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
SUPER UNCOOL BEAS

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The biggest problem with Seth Curry is that he doesn't have full bird rights, so you don't really have that big of an advantage if you're trading for him.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Does Seth Curry get the max? If Cuban wants to keep him that badly is there a bidding war?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Seth Curry is good... FOR ME TO POOP ON

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
No matter how many times I see him make good plays, or how many stats you show me, I will never believe Seth curry is good. It doesn't fit my head canon

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Shear Modulus posted:

Does Seth Curry get the max? If Cuban wants to keep him that badly is there a bidding war?

I mean, let's let him finish out this contract. He's playing really well, but lots of guys have looked good the last 30 games of a season. It's exciting if you are Dallas though.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Is Dirk expected to pick up his option?

If so it looks like Dallas is going to be capped out if they re-sign Noel.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Is Dirk expected to pick up his option?

If so it looks like Dallas is going to be capped out if they re-sign Noel.

I think he said this is it for him? So I don't believe so.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I think he said this is it for him? So I don't believe so.

A recent podcast said he still wants to play another year. Also iirc his option is a team option?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Curry looked good last year too when Karl could be bothered to play him. I'm glad Vlade decided to let him walk so we could attempt to salvage Lawson's career

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Noctone posted:

Daltos's dedication to pretty much always being wrong is really kind of impressive, in a way.
He's the Jim Rome of the forums

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy

Tae posted:

A recent podcast said he still wants to play another year. Also iirc his option is a team option?

Literally just said on the radio that he's keeping his mind open to the idea beyond that. I think if he ends next season healthy, and the team looks like it's on a definite upward trajectory, you could see him back beyond next year.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Time posted:

No matter how many times I see him make good plays, or how many stats you show me, I will never believe Seth curry is good. It doesn't fit my head canon

Seth takes good shots and plays good defense. He's a NBA quality starter.

Yogi Ferrell on the other hand, I refuse to believe he's anything more than Carlisle taking a 40 overall player and trying to ball out with him online

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
of course you give Swaggy Swag a max

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Also Seth Curry is under contract next year so I don't know why this came up

• Locked thread