Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
The Jets should skip the Hoyer and Cutler ideas and just call up Kyle Orton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

A dramatic 8 minute rollercoaster ride for fsif there. Good job Bills.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

With Tyrod off the market I'm back to the Watson or tanking with Hack options.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/839549138152931328

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

With Tyrod off the market I'm back to the Watson or tanking with Hack options.

Watson would be a complete and utter disaster. They should be in full tank mode now.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Preparing myself for the inevitable disappointment

Optimistic Intruder was finally put in his grave by the Brockening

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Official:

https://twitter.com/buffalobills/status/839549461110095872

:mrapig:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

:pray: Romo to Houston and a fantastic Super Bowl Run. I want to see Brady's farewell season end with a blowout loss to Romo.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Holy poo poo, and I thought they were going to be idiots for sure. A pleasant surprise.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Prediction: Romo signs a shockingly team friendly deal with Denver and it later comes out that the Texans were never in on him at all because they have faith in Brock

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Whoever signs romo I will support as my #2 team

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Tyrod is going to feel really dumb accepting a contract renegotiation when Mike Glennon signs his deal, though.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Brady retirees out of nowhere right after Jimmy G is treaded, the Patriots sign Romo

Although ehud would probably be thrilled enough at no more Brady to be cool with that

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Intruder posted:

Brady retirees out of nowhere right after Jimmy G is treaded, the Patriots sign Romo

Although ehud would probably be thrilled enough at no more Brady to be cool with that

print the shirts

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

Sixteen million dollars for a receiver who can barely scrape together a 1000 yard season?

Like put the cap hit (which is significantly lower) aside for a minute and look at the above sentence.

He doesn't miss games, he's got reliable hands (not Marvin Harrison catch every pass hands but good enough that he caught like 110 passes one year), always fights for extra yardage and is one of the toughest run blocking WRs in the league. As a Redskins fan I'm gonna miss Garcon more than Jackson, as fun as it is to watch that guy catch 60 yard bombs and troll the DBs.

I'm also gonna miss Cousins too :( Been my guy since I was drunk in a bar and watched him beat Wisconsin on a Hail Mary.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

fsif posted:

Tyrod is going to feel really dumb accepting a contract renegotiation when Mike Glennon signs his deal, though.

That's my thought as well. We'll see the details but I don't see why anyone would leave money on the table to stay with the Bills as they are right now.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

wandler20 posted:

#itsabucslife

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/839509096772616192

Ian Rapaport suggests Glennon to the Bears is a done deal. Why other teams have moved on from him.

its cutler all over AGAIN GOD loving DAMNIT

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Tyrod no, you were supposed to save us from taking Trubisky. :smith:

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

mastershakeman posted:

Cutler actually played well sometimes, though.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Santheb posted:

I'm also gonna miss Cousins too :( Been my guy since I was drunk in a bar and watched him beat Wisconsin on a Hail Mary.

I was sold on Cousins since that game too! :hfive: I think I even wanted him to Seattle.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

mastershakeman posted:

They are even starting from the beginning of the Cutler era by having Glennon's best weapons be Cameron Meredith and Zach Miller.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Remember when the Bills fired Rex Ryan because he wouldn't bench Tyrod Taylor?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/albertbreer/status/839553462023176193

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Tavarin posted:

They are even starting from the beginning of the Cutler era by having Glennon's best weapons be Cameron Meredith and Zach Miller.

and soon to be drafted (and perpetually injured) mike williams this IS poo poo ITS ALL poo poo

seriously cutler is a case study in 'what could have been' if he hadnt had a billion coaches and now you're intentionally taking a guy who's already played in five systems gently caress gently caress gently caress

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Important QB news

https://twitter.com/garylawless/status/839549611094208512

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

mastershakeman posted:

and soon to be drafted (and perpetually injured) mike williams this IS poo poo ITS ALL poo poo

seriously cutler is a case study in 'what could have been' if he hadnt had a billion coaches and now you're intentionally taking a guy who's already played in five systems gently caress gently caress gently caress

Its gonna be fun when Fox and Loggains are shown the door after the season and he gets to learn another system.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

fishing with the fam posted:

Its gonna be fun when Fox and Loggains are shown the door after the season and he gets to learn another system.

Let's just hope there isn't any guaranteed money on Glennon's deal after this year.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

fishing with the fam posted:

At least he's got experience doing it. Hell it may even be a system he's previously learned!

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Santheb posted:

At least he's got experience doing it. Hell it may even be a system he's previously learned!

Greg Schiano deserves a second chance.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

thank god for the afc east

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Can't wait to watch the bears and their toys r us mascot quarterback

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So Romo is getting cut tomorrow? Is there a reputable source to confirm the sketchy sources that sent me here to speculate how long until he is a Jet?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Part of me wants Romo to end up on the Skins and immediately win a Super Bowl just so I could end an old argument with a friend. (That Romo is good, of course.)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Elephanthead posted:

So Romo is getting cut tomorrow? Is there a reputable source to confirm the sketchy sources that sent me here to speculate how long until he is a Jet?

The Jets are all in on the Hoyer wagon

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

What the hell am I missing. Why can't the Redskins and Cousins agree on a long term deal?

Kirk isn't that great and the Redskins don't want to pay him $25M/year. This way they can use draft picks to either pick up a QB or have everything around a QB they pick in 2018.

Kirk probably won't look Brock bad for the Niners, but unless they somehow manage to put together three oline and two WRs in the next two years, he probably won't make it past the guaranteed part of his contract, imo.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Intruder posted:

The Jets are all in on the Hoyer wagon

A wise choice.

Edit: Also how many more dumb deals do the 9ers need to hit the salary floor?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kirk cousins is probably going to get the biggest contract in NFL history

Kirk

Cousins

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MrLogan posted:

Kirk probably won't look Brock bad

This is true of literally every QB who will throw a pass in the NFL in 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

FizFashizzle posted:

Kirk cousins is probably going to get the biggest contract in NFL history

Kirk

Cousins

49ers about to get Ryan Fitzpatrick'd hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Intruder posted:

This is true of literally every QB who will throw a pass in the NFL in 2017

We don't know if Hackenburg will play yet!

• Locked thread