Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib

MMF Freeway posted:

Do you have a lot of +flat phys damage on gear? Abyssus, steel rings, etc.

I haven't statted it out with a lot of gear -- the original impulse was to use a Dervish I scored off a divination card turn-in, so the tree is aggressively built towards physical damage to begin with, using Facebreakers once the Dervish effect manifests. According to the wiki, Ice Crash can be used unarmed, but it's still something like a 92% damage drop (15K->1.1K), which made me wonder how Facebreakers-only builds manage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

palecur posted:

I haven't statted it out with a lot of gear -- the original impulse was to use a Dervish I scored off a divination card turn-in, so the tree is aggressively built towards physical damage to begin with, using Facebreakers once the Dervish effect manifests. According to the wiki, Ice Crash can be used unarmed, but it's still something like a 92% damage drop (15K->1.1K), which made me wonder how Facebreakers-only builds manage.

Usually your damage comes from the flat damage of your weapon scaled with the % modifiers of your passives/gems. Facebreaker's gimmick is it gives you a shitload of % increased damage, but very little base damage to be scaled (since no weapon). You have to compensate for this with flat damage on other pieces of gear to make the deeps.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Normal builds have like 400 base damage boosted by like 500% increased damage and 3x in more multipliers.

Facebreakers themselves have like 2 base damage boosted by 500% increased damage and 30x in more multipliers.

If you ignore all your other gear that gives flat base damage, then it's obvious why Facebreakers don't do any damage.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

queeb posted:

flame blast crit prolif has been really good so far as well. Cheap too. just need a hysteria essence and a 6s staff, doesnt need to be linked.

there's a build on the witch forums.

Can confirm, prolif flame blast elementalist is fun as hell. I went with a Doryani's as opposed to the staff setup. Currently facerolling T10-11 maps.

At this point, I am considering either buying Astramentis and respeccing into CwC Whispering Ice or buying a pair of HoWA's and starting a spectral throw character.

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

Fallen Rib
Thanks! That's helping me understand what's going on.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

palecur posted:

I'm no kind of expert, but most folks recommend against building 123-point trees, because you aren't likely to get there. I tend to stick to around 91-95. The main thing I noticed on quick glance was no jewel sockets, which seems like an oversight. Even rando jewels can get pretty tasty, never mind specific uniques like Overwhelming Odds (Cleave grants Fortify on hit and 3% increased AoE per nearby enemy) or Might & Influence (off-hand deals splash damage, chance of main-hand dealing 2x damage). 115% to max life seems lowish -- I like 150, and most folks here strenuously advocate for 200, which I don't really see but like I said I'm no kind of expert, so I'd defer to that consensus.

You've got 4 points off Art of the Gladiator for a total of 14% to attack speed -- I think those 4 points could be better allocated a lot of other places, like getting to a single jewel socket that could give you that much. You're 1 point away from Path of the Warrior off the Constitution wheel, for instance, which is a way, way better use of a point than the last 3% attack speed node off Art of the Gladiator.

TLDR: Lose at least 23, preferably 30, points, and reconsider whether or not pathing that deep into Duelist is really worth it for you. I know, Hatchet master is tasty, but Evasion isn't really something you minor in -- go whole hog (duelist) or just skip it.

edit: Here's a 93-point tree I threw together with 198% to max life with 2 jewel sockets within 1 and 2 points, but still has a lot of axe facemulching goodness: https://www.poeurl.com/894

Thanks! I shortened my poo poo to 90 points and took into account what I've already built-up at level 47, and I need a few more orbs of regret :ohdear: That POEURL link is timing out on me, but here's what I come up with. I suppose 3 extra points somewhere would help; I was planning on taking the extra passive point for each of the bandits. edit: nevermind, I got the POEURL to work by taking off the https

scuz fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Mar 8, 2017

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Zerker BV fits nicely imo

Went BV last league, so I wanted to try something new.

queeb posted:

flame blast crit prolif has been really good so far as well. Cheap too. just need a hysteria essence and a 6s staff, doesnt need to be linked.

there's a build on the witch forums.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1744618 this the build your talking about? Looks like it's what I'm looking for, but one question. Why does everyone refer to this as "pizza"? Is it just because you're forming a big red circle on the ground?

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

Fallen Rib

scuz posted:

I was planning on taking the extra passive point for each of the bandits.

I used to do that too, but for some builds the alternative rewards are better than what you could spend the point on. I almost always go for the flat +10% to all resists, so I don't have to fret as much about gear resists, but that's just me being lazy; look around the tree for nodes that are "10% to all elemental resists" and notice how not-common they are. For an axeperson, either 16% increased physical damage or 8% increased attack speed are good, and again not super common or available as nodes on the tree.

I straight-up don't understand charges; charges and flasks are PoE's Deep Mojo in that theoretically you can go all-out on their mechanics and unlock Real Ultimate Power (lots of folks swear blind by Pathfinder's flask enablement, which I find the least exciting Ascension class ever) but it is more work than I care to put in. Charges, in particular, seem cool but their ephemerality and trickiness of generation means you kind of have to structure obsessively around them from the start if you're going to bother, so for Merciless bandits I just go for the extra skill point.

edit: here's the longform link since poeurl seems to be down/dead.

palecur fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Mar 8, 2017

Osci
Oct 11, 2016
So I didn't get to play HoWA during breach but got one rolling now. It's pretty much as stupid as I've heard.
The only thing that's really difficult is getting enough ES to feel safe. When I played WI last league I started late enough that high ES chests were pretty cheap. Not needing to link and colour was of course a plus.

Also, the combination of the new WED nodes and unique flask is...interesting...

Osci fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Mar 8, 2017

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011

interrodactyl posted:

reposting since it gost lost in the noise of the last page:

I want to try my hand at an uber lab farmer - what's a good way to do it? EQ/Warchief Jugg & Berserker seem like popular options but I don't know what's budget viable with the 40c or so I have to rub together.

From last page, but last league I ran a warchief chieftain and imo it completely trivializes uber lab (and also most guardians). Tukohama + Hinekora means that Izaro will spend a lot of time trying to kill your tanky totems, so you just sit back and wait for those keys to drop.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

palecur posted:

I'm no kind of expert, but most folks recommend against building 123-point trees, because you aren't likely to get there.

not with that attitude

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Esoteric Scientist posted:

From last page, but last league I ran a warchief chieftain and imo it completely trivializes uber lab (and also most guardians). Tukohama + Hinekora means that Izaro will spend a lot of time trying to kill your tanky totems, so you just sit back and wait for those keys to drop.

how were the chieftain nerfs? do they matter at all for uber lab farming?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Duct Tape posted:

Went BV last league, so I wanted to try something new.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1744618 this the build your talking about? Looks like it's what I'm looking for, but one question. Why does everyone refer to this as "pizza"? Is it just because you're forming a big red circle on the ground?

i believe hes talking about https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1783448/page/1

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

Ahh, I thought he was also referring to the pizza build, not a different one. These both look good.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

palecur posted:

So what's the deal with Facebreaker builds? I threw together a physical damage focused tree with 'breakers in Path of Building and the Ice Crash damage numbers are really, really sad. Is there a gimmick to it I'm missing?

This (charname PunchingDrunkard) is my Facebreaker character from last season, was great fun:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/xiani/characters

I used shield charge for the main damage skill, 'cause it's fast & crazy...until you face your nemesis, the small rock!

As someone else pointed out, flat phys damage is what you need. And the steel rings for that are what'll cost you - ideally you want 'em crafted with a deafening essence of contempt as well, which ain't cheap when you keep rolling crap for the other stats.

stanislaus
Aug 5, 2008
Are there still guild slots open? Could use an invite as dockam.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

scuz posted:

Hi thread, long-time-ago player, first-time poster. Looking for some feedback on my berserker build idea, trying for dual-wield axes using dual-strike/cleave/frenzy/life-gain-on-hit. I have no idea what I'm doing, clearly. I just wanna chop heads and bathe in blood IS THAT SO HARD?!

As others said, not enough life, here's a tree I made that gets 187% life, 3 jewel slots and still a bunch of damage/attack speed (which seemed to be your goal) mostly by rerouting and getting rid of some useless nodes. Also got Resolute Technique because you aren't going for crit and you won't have to worry about accuracy and also picks up the good life leech nodes.

http://poeplanner.com/AAYAAPchAAB5A...OoQ-F8AAAAAAA==

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

stanislaus posted:

Are there still guild slots open? Could use an invite as dockam.

its full.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
Anyone know why PoE Planner would list my required level as 63 when my current level is 66, but it matches my total passive points spent? Links for reference

http://poeplanner.com/AAYAALUVFABY-...JJuvFYAAAAAAA==

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...4jwH_Fs-Tf53frS

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

BitterAvatar posted:

Anyone know why PoE Planner would list my required level as 63 when my current level is 66, but it matches my total passive points spent? Links for reference

http://poeplanner.com/AAYAALUVFABY-...JJuvFYAAAAAAA==

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...4jwH_Fs-Tf53frS
Without clicking links, check your bandit rewards on the planner.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Has 2.6.0d hit yet or not?

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Trying Blade Vortex for the first time, can you really not move while it's charging up? It seems so annoying and unintuitive. I guess I'm just too used to Cyclone.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I'm using it for the first time too. Mooched a Zana daily yesterday (and then finding her 5 times in a row in my own maps after not seeing her once, natch) and I was embarrassed by how much slower I was going than the goons I partied with.

I think I'm not using my movement skill right. It's flame dash. Should I be shift clicking it or something? It never seems to fire, I think because the range is short so my witch walks to within range but I have clicked something else by then.

Anyways my mo is to kill a pack, flesh offering, zip to the next one, and build up 5 charges or so, popping my witchbrew and atziri's and mowing things down, rinse and repeat. I really need to stop picking things up as that is more inefficient than usual when you need to wind yourself back up.

I think next league I will make a vaal spark character cuz he just flew around.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Can anyone help me price this thing on SC Legacy?

Rarity: Rare
Vengeance Whorl
Ruby Ring
--------
Requirements:
Level: 48
--------
Item Level: 73
--------
+27% to Fire Resistance
--------
35% increased Elemental Damage with Weapons
34% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
+37% to Fire Resistance
+41% to Cold Resistance

High T2 WED and 2 T3 resists on an implicit resist ring has gotta be worth something, I don't have my masters high enough to craft mana on it, exalt, then craft the mana into something else and I don't know what it's worth without doing that, but it can get both flat damage and either life or ES.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

What's the advantage of running CwC Firestorm on SR as opposed to just running SR? Seems like you'd get more damage out of just SR with those gem slots (and the burning damage nodes out by Avatar of Fire)

So far my SR MoM inquisitor guy is doing well but he's only 41ish, no idea yet if it's gonna hold up

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Guys whats a goon approved tutorial on how to sell things on poe.trade? I got a 35% Rigwald's Curse and those sell for 18c :) Finally making some moneyyyyyy.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Without clicking links, check your bandit rewards on the planner.

Bandit rewards are accurate, and if changed would only make the difference in levels greater.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Ultima66 posted:

Normal builds have like 400 base damage boosted by like 500% increased damage and 3x in more multipliers.

Facebreakers themselves have like 2 base damage boosted by 500% increased damage and 30x in more multipliers.

If you ignore all your other gear that gives flat base damage, then it's obvious why Facebreakers don't do any damage.

Yeah. Let's calculate all the options of flat damage

Helmet slot:
Deidbellow: 15p
Bringer of Rain: 25p
Abyssus: 50p

Amulet slot:
Flaring prefix: 20.5p max

2x Ring:
Annealed prefix steel rings: 19.5p max

Shield:
Great Old One's Ward: 16p
Haku craft: 5.5p

Belt:
Meginord's Girdle: 10p

So you can theoretically get a maximum of 135.5 flat physical damage with max rolls on every slot (though that's not really realistic, you usually need to sacrifice some uniques/flat prefix in order to relieve suffix pressure for resists). Multiply that by 9 for a max roll non-legacy facebreakers, and you realize: you effectively have a weapon that deals 1219.5 physical damage.

This is the appeal of facebreakers.

And if you're insane, you can go crit with facebreakers. I put one together a few leagues ago, had to also sacrifice for suffixes with accuracy, and I calculate that I still had a 855 physical damage weapon.

Phobophilia fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Mar 9, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

BitterAvatar posted:

Bandit rewards are accurate, and if changed would only make the difference in levels greater.
I did not exclude you taking 3 non-passive rewards, which would have then explained getting there 3 levels later than on the planner, presuming that defaults to "kill all". As I said before, though, I didn't open the trees, since I'm off my desktop for time being.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Now I wanna abandon my character, get a cheap Facebreakers and punch faces again. :(

What's the favorite facebreaking skill anyway? Besides warchief totems, that is.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

Now I wanna abandon my character, get a cheap Facebreakers and punch faces again. :(

What's the favorite facebreaking skill anyway? Besides warchief totems, that is.

Shield Charge is probably the least terrible to actually use.

Be aware that Ice Crash is kind of ruined by the fact that Weapon Ele Damage doesn't scale Facebreaker damage at all because you don't have a weapon. This includes sources from gear, tree, and the gem itself. No idea why it's like that.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
If they allowed EQ for facebreakers, it would be nigh perfect due to the slow attack speed.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

turboraton posted:

Guys whats a goon approved tutorial on how to sell things on poe.trade? I got a 35% Rigwald's Curse and those sell for 18c :) Finally making some moneyyyyyy.

i dont understand the question. if you know what its worth you put it up for sale at that price and wait for a whisper

do you mean like actually how to sell something on poe.trade? you either need a premium stash tab that is set to public or the program people used to use....acquisition?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Acquisition or Procurement will do it, but really the public premium tab is the easiest.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Ultima66 posted:

Shield Charge is probably the least terrible to actually use.

Be aware that Ice Crash is kind of ruined by the fact that Weapon Ele Damage doesn't scale Facebreaker damage at all because you don't have a weapon. This includes sources from gear, tree, and the gem itself. No idea why it's like that.

Yeah I was looking at the list of skills that work and none of them except Cyclone and Warchief are all that appealing. Except Ice Crash but now that's ruined too :v:

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

whypick1 posted:

Acquisition or Procurement will do it, but really the public premium tab is the easiest.

Are those making forum posts linking the items like all stores used to be? Or is there some slicker non-public-tab option for listing things it's using?

J
Jun 10, 2001

Bugsy posted:

Has 2.6.0d hit yet or not?

Server going down in like 5 minutes from now to apply it, downtime ETA 10 minutes.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

JawnV6 posted:

Are those making forum posts linking the items like all stores used to be? Or is there some slicker non-public-tab option for listing things it's using?

No one cares or uses forum posts per se. It's just that for non-public-tab sales, those generated forum posts are scraped by the site that people do actually use, poe.trade

So yes, it makes forum posts but that's just a means to an end, which is to get your items visible on that site.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Ciaphas posted:

Yeah I was looking at the list of skills that work and none of them except Cyclone and Warchief are all that appealing. Except Ice Crash but now that's ruined too :v:
Ice Crash works just fine, you just don't get any benefit from WED. Frees up the gem/passive points for other things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Should be allowed to Blade Flurry provided you have no weapon nor shield and it should loudly play ATATATATATATATATATATATATA

• Locked thread