Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll: Who Should Be Leader of HM Most Loyal Opposition?
This poll is closed.
Jeremy Corbyn 95 18.63%
Dennis Skinner 53 10.39%
Angus Robertson 20 3.92%
Tim Farron 9 1.76%
Paul Ukips 7 1.37%
Robot Lenin 105 20.59%
Tony Blair 28 5.49%
Pissflaps 193 37.84%
Total: 510 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

jBrereton posted:

You can always do better than "it's unfair".
I call a spade a spade

E: episode 41 of bleach is almost certainly part of a rescue arc. That's all that show really was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

jBrereton posted:

Has the 3 line whip already faded into memory for you lol

Labour lords did not vote to block the bill, they voted for amendments.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Kokoro Wish posted:

He did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tvPjLizS-E

How very odd that the papers aren't running with it.

It's not odd. It's waffly, unfocused bullshit that ignores the single newsworthy point that the Tories broke a manifesto pledge. Corbyn is poo poo.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

This is nuts. Labour ran a three line whip on the unamended bill.

The Lords voted not to block the bill by 340 to 95, and yet you said they were the opposition.

Pissflaps posted:

The media won't do Corbyn's job for him.

This is nuts. They are clearly doing it right now.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

Kokoro Wish posted:

He did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tvPjLizS-E

How very odd that the papers aren't running with it.
Thats the good one.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Pissflaps posted:

It's not odd. It's waffly, unfocused bullshit that ignores the single newsworthy point that the Tories broke a manifesto pledge. Corbyn is poo poo.

Nice of you to parrot the media line, thus proving a point.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Namtab posted:

I call a spade a spade
Adults' ears shut down when you call something "unfair".

You don't see the papers calling it "unfair" like narked teenagers. They address the specific points. A manifesto pledge has been broken and millions of self employed people are getting hosed.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
That old man Jeremy Corbyn man too busy fiddling his taxes and spending all the money on tacky ornaments from Sinn Féin's online shop to be bothered to do his job, I oughtn't not to wonder, I shouldn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

jabby posted:

This is nuts. They are clearly doing it right now.

You think they're turning labour into a plausible party of government? Get real.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

crispix posted:

That old man Jeremy Corbyn man too busy fiddling his taxes and spending all the money on tacky ornaments from Sinn Féin's online shop to be bothered to do his job, I oughtn't not to wonder, I shouldn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeremy Corbyn's gonna ring your da'

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

jBrereton posted:

Adults' ears shut down when you call something "unfair".

You don't see the papers calling it "unfair" like narked teenagers. They address the specific points. A manifesto pledge has been broken and millions of self employed people are getting hosed.

I'm a grown man and my ears do not shut down when I hear the word unfair, because my job is to combat unfairness and inequality

Also when the budget came out and was being talked about I doubt corbs had the Tory manifesto to hand

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Kokoro Wish posted:

Nice of you to parrot the media line, thus proving a point.

You just complained that the media aren't reporting what he said yet now you're saying that I'm 'parroting their line' on it?

Stay consistent with your CDF horseshit please.

Namtab posted:

I'm a grown man

Citation needed.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

crispix posted:

I really want to believe that Sinn Féin has a shop where you can buy genuine certificate of authenticity certified chunks of royal skull in a nice plastic presentation box.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm starting to think that flaps may just be really biased against corbs

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Namtab posted:

Also when the budget came out and was being talked about I doubt corbs had the Tory manifesto to hand
They get sent it in advance!

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

If my dad died and my mum wanted a last love thing I would be happy to let Jeremy Corbyn gently caress her. As long as he donated me some of his fiddled tax money.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

jBrereton posted:

I don't believe you

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Namtab posted:

I'm starting to think that flaps may just be really biased against corbs

I am biased against him. Because he's poo poo.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

You think they're turning labour into a plausible party of government? Get real.

I think they're damaging the Tory party and Labour directly benefits from that. I agree Labour need to go hard on this budget, but their main goal will be to prolong the negative media attention. Nothing they could do right this second would intensify it.

jBrereton posted:

Labour get sent the budget in advance? I'm not sure that's correct.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

Citation needed.

Why are you asking me to post ID? Seems a bit creepy imo.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

I am biased against him. Because he's poo poo.
Still allowed to gently caress my mum.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Pissflaps posted:

The media won't do Corbyn's job for him.

Actually Rupert Murdoch is more than happy to specify rhetoric and policy for any political party if they'll let him.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You have to make the media put out a message you agree with.

Stop letting the media put out a message you agree with.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Pissflaps posted:

You just complained that the media aren't reporting what he said yet now you're saying that I'm 'parroting their line' on it?

Stay consistent with your CDF horseshit please.

No, you're parroting the general media line they've used over the last year or so to downplay Corbyn, when they're just not outright blanking out any policy talk he does, and that oddly you also picked up over the last year or so. It makes you sound like one of those terrible political cartoons you see in the UK politoon thread.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

jabby posted:

I think they're damaging the Tory party and Labour directly benefits from that.

Naive AF.

jabby posted:

They get sent a redacted version.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

OwlFancier posted:

I really want to believe that Sinn Féin has a shop where you can buy genuine certificate of authenticity certified chunks of royal skull in a nice plastic presentation box.

They do have an online cyber-shop but they have taken down all the really tacky ornaments they used to sell on it. :( It used to be like an extremely dark St Patrick's day stall.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Kokoro Wish posted:

No, you're parroting the general media line they've used over the last year or so to downplay Corbyn, when they're just not outright blanking out any policy talk he does., and that oddly you also picked up over the last year or so. It makes you sound like one of those terrible political cartoons you see in the UK politoon thread.

I'm not parroting the media line. My opinion of Corbyn is my own after watching a year and a half of him driving the Labour Party into the dirt while gibbering idiots gleefully cheer him on.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

If I were a Tory I'd redact the bit where I break a manifesto commitment when I send it to my political enemies, if I choose to send it in the first place

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Namtab posted:

If I were a Tory I'd redact the bit where I break a manifesto commitment when I send it to my political enemies, if I choose to send it in the first place

If I was a labour leader I'd make sure I knew the Tory party headline manifesto pledges and be briefed on when they were broken.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

jabby posted:

They get sent an outline, which is why Corbyn reads and edits a speech rather than having to do the whole thing in one go.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Also flaps you have yet to explain why you're asking me for ID, and you never posted the recipe

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

I'll bite. What do you think the media should be saying about the budget that would benefit Labour more, and what should Corbyn say to make them do that?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

jabby posted:

I'll bite. What do you think the media should be saying about the budget that would benefit Labour more, and what should Corbyn say to make them do that?

Don't bother actually trying to make him engage in substantive policy or messaging talk. He's an empty centrist idiot. Just call a spade a spade and move on.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

jabby posted:

The same thing but with big text saying "Labour do not like the budget"

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Kokoro Wish posted:

Don't bother actually trying to make him engage in substantive policy or messaging talk. He's an empty centrist idiot. Just call a spade a spade and move on.

I'm not expecting an answer, just a demonstration that he doesn't have one.

vv Bingo vv

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

jabby posted:

To assume that the Labour Party in its current state will automatically benefit from the media attacking the Tories on an issue that the labour leadership has ignored is naive. It's naive AF.

Labour should have been pushing on the broken manifesto promise. I already said this hours ago.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Kokoro Wish posted:

Says the guy whose opinions amount to 'whatever Corbyn said'.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

jabby posted:

It's not about what the media is saying it's about what Labour is or isn't saying and how it's saying or not saying it.

The Tories rightly getting eviscerated by the press for shafting working class tories like Most Builders does not make people wish that John Ashworth MP was health sec, it just puts the conservatives on the back foot, for one morning.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

jBrereton posted:

It's not about what the media is saying it's about what Labour is or isn't saying and how it's saying or not saying it.

The Tories rightly getting eviscerated by the press for shafting working class tories like Most Builders does not make people wish that John Ashworth MP was health sec, it just puts the conservatives on the back foot, for one morning.

Unless you're advocating for Corbyn going out knocking on doors, any message Labour puts out has got to be picked up and reported by the media. So what do you want them to be saying that would be better than what they're currently saying?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

This budget is unfair, watch and share

• Locked thread