Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

That's kind of a weird thought isn't it?
I just joined the crew after doing the thing i mentioned in last post on previous page. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Your Computer posted:

Are some of the armor sets just meant to be used as pieces?

Some sets like Zora, Climbing, Barbarian etc. are obvious since their bonuses stack, but what about armor that makes you fireproof, cold resistant etc.? Are there places cold/hot enough that you need to stack 3 resists? And isn't fireproof just a "yes/no" status?

There are actually 2 tiers of fireproof based on how close you are to lava just like there are for heat and cold.

And for every armor set except the Hylian and Knight set there are bonuses if all pieces are worn and upgraded to at least level 2 at a Great Fairy. Shiekah gets move faster at night, climbing makes jumps take less stamina etc.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Zeratanis posted:

Also, found out something neat about Kass the bard! If you find him at Washa's Bluff he has a diary that tells you all the locations he'll show up with something hidden.

I really want to read Kass's diary... :blush:

Where roughly is Washa's Bluff?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Zore posted:

Personally I'd do the dungeons

Zora->Rito->Gerudo->Goron

Zora is by far the easiest and doesn't require any hot/cold protection. Rito needs some cold but sells a full set of cheap armor that gives it to you. Gerudo needs both hot and cold and has a much longer unlock sidequest and the enemies in the desert are generally tougher. Goron last because you need to chug special potions or buy a really expensive armor to not burst into flames and late game you'll be rolling in rupees.

Gerudo has by far the hardest boss and Goron the easiest with the other two in between if that matters.

You need more protection than the armor you can get from the guy at the southern mine?

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

Hedrigall posted:

I really want to read Kass's diary... :blush:

Where roughly is Washa's Bluff?

Dunno if how much of the map you got unlocked, but essentially, go really far west from the Hyrule field tower. It's on the otherside of the big mountain there in a field of mushroom rocks.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Cojawfee posted:

You need more protection than the armor you can get from the guy at the southern mine?

You need at least 2 pieces of the fireproof armor if you want to be able to explore Eldin without using fireproof elixersm

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, Nintendo just made me nostalgic for trees. :qq:

Best game ever.

Zore posted:

There are actually 2 tiers of fireproof based on how close you are to lava just like there are for heat and cold.

I had no idea! Thanks.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Zeratanis posted:

Dunno if how much of the map you got unlocked, but essentially, go really far west from the Hyrule field tower. It's on the otherside of the big mountain there in a field of mushroom rocks.

Thanks! Searching for my birb bud tonight

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Zore posted:

You need at least 2 pieces of the fireproof armor if you want to be able to explore Eldin without using fireproof elixersm

Never had a fire prob only using 2 peice

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I just realized that the biggest difference with this Zelda game over all others is a standard Autosave and Save/Load Function.

Like, I can go back to saves within the past two hours of game time.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Anyone know of any contrarian reviews out there pointing out that lamestream game journalists are shills and Zelda is the worst game ever made?

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Breath of the Wild: Good-faith Wood

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

snoremac posted:

Anyone know of any contrarian reviews out there pointing out that lamestream game journalists are shills and Zelda is the worst game ever made?

Literally the only person on the planet I've found speaking publicly about how they think breath of the wild is the worst zelda ever made. Willie. [Starts talking at ~7:00]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmVCpOeYBOo

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

snoremac posted:

Lowest score is a 9. Nintendo knew who to pay off.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Everyone says to save your gems, but what am I saving them for? I have been basically everywhere except the castle now and haven't found anyone that does something with my gemstones.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The only way I could see a person disliking this game is if;

-They really don't like open world games
-They like Zelda purely for the traditional dungeon crawls

Anyways, if you want to have fun, try using stasis on a monster and detonate a bomb next to it. Watch them sail through the air like a rag doll.

EDIT: Man even when I'm not playing this game is great cause of the dumb poo poo streamers try.

https://clips.twitch.tv/TallMoistStarShazBotstix

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Mar 9, 2017

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

ymgve posted:

Everyone says to save your gems, but what am I saving them for? I have been basically everywhere except the castle now and haven't found anyone that does something with my gemstones.

You use gems for two things: Reforging unique weapons when they break or for making various jewelry that give resistance to elements including guardian resistance.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

ymgve posted:

You can use them to make accessories in Gerudo town which are headpieces that have various effect (which are all replicated by other armors).

Also you need some to upgrade your equipment to various levels.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

ymgve posted:

Jewellery shop in Gerudo

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Around the horn. What was the best Shrine Trial you came across?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

BigRed0427 posted:

I'm a big fan of Eventide Isle.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
How the hell do you get to the To Quobro Shrine, around the Hedra North Summit? Can't find the entrance ANYWHERE.

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

BigRed0427 posted:

I like the one that lets you snowball your way to victory. :v:

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
question about the eighth heroine sidequest: i found the sword part of the statue on gerudo summit, but where's the torso the guy wants a photo of?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Breath of the Wild: Yahaha! You found me!

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Despera posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Breath of the Wild: Yahaha! You found me!

Speaking of which, how am I suppose to find the dude with the maaracas again to give him more of the seeds?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

BigRed0427 posted:

Speaking of which, how am I suppose to find the dude with the maaracas again to give him more of the seeds?

He told you he was heading up the hylia river back to his home in the korok forest.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So I'm a little lost here. I just finished the Zora dungeon and don't really know what to do now (first dungeon completed). The boss kicked my rear end and I think the only reason I survived was because I had a shitload of apples and other food, which now is all gone. I've got 7 hearts, one upgraded stamina bar, and almost no money. What's a good direction to go from here?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

havenwaters posted:

He told you he was heading up the hylia river back to his home in the korok forest.

Specifically; he's at the Stable at the foot of the hill leading up to the Lost Woods.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
How much time should I set aside for the Zora dungeon?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I climbed the tower with slime on it by using some speed increasing food and healing through any damage.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Inflammatory posted:

question about the eighth heroine sidequest: i found the sword part of the statue on gerudo summit, but where's the torso the guy wants a photo of?

Take some time to review your map

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

Soul Glo posted:

You should be able to finish it within an hour if you're focused.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Soul Glo posted:

Shouldn't take more than 30-45 minutes

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Soul Glo posted:

The Zora dungeon itself, just the zora dungeon no other build up? It's actually pretty short, probably 30 minutes, 45 tops.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Soul Glo posted:

Macintosh HD posted:

You should be able to finish it within an hour if you're focused.

Hedrigall posted:

Shouldn't take more than 30-45 minutes

Calaveron posted:

The Zora dungeon itself, just the zora dungeon no other build up? It's actually pretty short, probably 30 minutes, 45 tops.

I'd also recommend bringing a good amount of arrows.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

GobiasIndustries posted:

So I'm a little lost here. I just finished the Zora dungeon and don't really know what to do now (first dungeon completed). The boss kicked my rear end and I think the only reason I survived was because I had a shitload of apples and other food, which now is all gone. I've got 7 hearts, one upgraded stamina bar, and almost no money. What's a good direction to go from here?

You've got three other village elders to speak to. Just explore the game and head to the towers you can see to unlock more map. On the way to those towers you'll come across lots of stables, and stables are the best place to find out where the local towns are.

Or turn on the quest markers in your adventure log for the main quest. Less fun that way though.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

As far as "best dungeons to do first", in addition to being rather easy the Zora and Rito ones give you some amazing boosts to exploration.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I feel like they should tweak some of the chests in the game. I found one in a little cave by a river, guarded by 2 moblins that had 300 rupees, but I also just completed a Major Test of Strength and got... a Knight's Halberd :geno: 13 attack.

It also feels kinda bad to climb a mountain and massacre your way through a huge encampment and your reward is...... 5 arrows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Your Computer posted:

I feel like they should tweak some of the chests in the game. I found one in a little cave by a river, guarded by 2 moblins that had 300 rupees, but I also just completed a Major Test of Strength and got... a Knight's Halberd :geno: 13 attack.

It also feels kinda bad to climb a mountain and massacre your way through a huge encampment and your reward is...... 5 arrows.

Monsters are cash pinatas so you still always benefit from beating on them and money really helps in this game