Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Iron Crowned posted:

Where did the eggs come from then smart guy?

Wikipedia calls Godzilla 1998 an 'it' so you can be the one to assume its gender :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Suck what down, John?

his strong and virile blurtjuice.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Red Bones posted:

This time it's explicitly, directly our fault (because we pressed the bad button on the weather machine) rather than being indirectly our fault (we accidentally caused global warming by being greedy). An insightful view on how we view human nature in 2017.

Please tell me it explicitly involves HAARP

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

FreudianSlippers posted:

What's funny is reading Masters of Doom published in 2003. Kushner tries to give Romero a happy ending by mentioning his relationship with Stevie Case. Read today we know that that's at least two failed relationships removed from the present.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

FreudianSlippers posted:

The thing I like whenever I see this kind of thing is that John Romero now is just this sweet, forthright guy.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Casimir Radon posted:

What's funny is reading Masters of Doom published in 2003. Kushner tries to give Romero a happy ending by mentioning his relationship with Stevie Case. Read today we know that that's at least two failed relationships removed from the present.

it's legitimately kind of funny how his relationships got progressively less and less, y'know, way the gently caress out of his league until he ended up shacking up with a woman who looks like she spends half the year at renfaires

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Brenda Romero is cool as hell though.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I like the Masters of Doom happy ending for John Carmack being "and then he decided to play with model rockets"

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

it's legitimately kind of funny how his relationships got progressively less and less, y'know, way the gently caress out of his league until he ended up shacking up with a woman who looks like she spends half the year at renfaires

John Romero settling down with a busty blonde is something we could all have predicted in the 1990s.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Brenda Romero is cool as hell though.

not disagreeing, she seems rad! doesn't make the progression of Romero's relationships any less humorous to me

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Stevie Case was actually a bit overweight when they met, and she later lost some weight and got implants. She still does have a career so as cringey as all the :siren:JOHN ROMERO'S GIRLFRIEND!!!!1:siren: poo poo was she's apparently good enough at something to keep getting work.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Casimir Radon posted:

Stevie Case was actually a bit overweight when they met, and she later lost some weight and got implants. She still does have a career so as cringey as all the :siren:JOHN ROMERO'S GIRLFRIEND!!!!1:siren: poo poo was she's apparently good enough at something to keep getting work.

okay that's not really information I needed to know that badly but cool :psyduck:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

not disagreeing, she seems rad! doesn't make the progression of Romero's relationships any less humorous to me

Hey, as long as he ditched the child bride, I'm happy for John.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Casimir Radon posted:

Yeah, last time I read the book, I decided to look up what happened to Romero since. The thing that Romero was happy to work on mentioned at the end of MoD went under, and when he moved on to something else, which also failed. Or something like that.

:smith:

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Mar 9, 2017

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I don't know which ironic continuation of Masters of Doom I find funnier: John Romero's rockstar persona leading to him trying to Kickstart a new game with a video of himself re-enactign the end of The Force Awakens but no actual gameplay footage and then cancelling it after just a few days when even Kickstarter knew better than to trust the guy behind Daikatana sight-unseen, or John Carmack's inability to relate to other people and focusing on technology above all else leading to him being responsible for the current wave of VR games that are floundering because they're too expensive and technical to find an audience outside of other rich nerds.

Also John Carmack is currently being investigated for fraud and lost a lawsuit from his former employers for being a thief and then trying to cover it by wiping his hard drives, which is delicious coming from a Silicon Valley shithead who wants to get rid of the minimum wage.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Hassy0924/status/838640048044036096

Heh

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

I don't know which ironic continuation of Masters of Doom I find funnier: John Romero's rockstar persona leading to him trying to Kickstart a new game with a video of himself re-enactign the end of The Force Awakens but no actual gameplay footage and then cancelling it after just a few days when even Kickstarter knew better than to trust the guy behind Daikatana sight-unseen, or John Carmack's inability to relate to other people and focusing on technology above all else leading to him being responsible for the current wave of VR games that are floundering because they're too expensive and technical to find an audience outside of other rich nerds.

Also John Carmack is currently being investigated for fraud and lost a lawsuit from his former employers for being a thief and then trying to cover it by wiping his hard drives, which is delicious coming from a Silicon Valley shithead who wants to get rid of the minimum wage.

John Romero & John Carmack are both win and will continue to be for the rest of recorded time, on account of having made Doom.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Tars Tarkas posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2Ii4AaiBKI

The Evil Within is a movie that took 15 years to make, was bankrolled by Andrew Getty, an oil company heir, who spent all those years working on it on and off and then died of a meth overdose in 2015. Getty did almost all of the effects work himself. It's now on Amazon for $5.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/late-getty-heirs-directorial-debt-evil-lands-15-years-983388

This looks extremely my jam.
My bloody, weird, zipper skinned jam.

Also when it comes to Godzilla, I have this song on my computer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgEPJRWfP7c

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
These Superstar Programmers/Gaming Gods always turn out to be odd. I wonder if it's because games are more of a team effort and rely on a ton of things outside your control.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Oh poo poo, Godzilla 1998 is real.
https://twitter.com/qikipedia/status/839716869590351876

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Someone call Milo Yiannopoulos!! Er...wait

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
When I was really young I lived on the Virgin Islands and an Iguana bit one of my red socks off so ive got my eye out on that guy

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Wasn't Godzilla 1998 a mutated iguana in the movie too?

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

FilthyImp posted:

These Superstar Programmers/Gaming Gods always turn out to be odd. I wonder if it's because games are more of a team effort and rely on a ton of things outside your control.

Chris Taylor and Gary Grigsby turned out okay. Probably because they do strategy games, which isn't a sexy or cool genre of games.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Timby posted:

Batman Forever's soundtrack is peak '90s

50/50 this or the Judgement Night soundtrack :o:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Timby posted:

Batman Forever's soundtrack is peak '90s: Seal, Nick Cave, Method Man, U2, Iggy Pop, Flaming Lips, PJ Harvey, Brandy ... I mean, jeez.

Edit: I forgot that Nick Cave so completely hated the song he did for the soundtrack that he kept it off the Bad Seeds' B-Sides and Rarities three-disc set back in like 2006, which had literally every other soundtrack contribution they'd ever done to that point. :lol:

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Spawn soundtrack you guys.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Yup, nothin' more 90s than Filter and Crystal Method.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeQRO4fXOKk

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Spawn in general is just the most 90s thing, regardless of what field of endeavour is being discussed.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

CopywrightMMXI posted:

All anyone really remembers from GodZilla '98 is Puff Daddy's 'Come With Me'.
Is that the song that uses the Led Zeppelin song because if so yeah that is what I most remember from watching that VHS an ungodly level of times, like Twister levels of rewatching that movie.

Actually I do remember the "This is totally not Jurassic Park" where they had to escape the baby Godzillas in MSG

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I hated that song, because I really like Kashmir and really hate Puff Daddy.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

This was also on the Godzilla 98 soundtrack comes complete with 90s special effects video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIUAC03YMlA

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Timby posted:

Batman Forever's soundtrack is peak '90s: Seal, Nick Cave, Method Man, U2, Iggy Pop, Flaming Lips, PJ Harvey, Brandy ... I mean, jeez.

Edit: I forgot that Nick Cave so completely hated the song he did for the soundtrack that he kept it off the Bad Seeds' B-Sides and Rarities three-disc set back in like 2006, which had literally every other soundtrack contribution they'd ever done to that point. :lol:

I just looked up the Nick Cave one and lmao

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Can't leave out The Crow soundtrack.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Mighty Morphing Power Rangers soundtrack is pretty insane as well.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

parallelodad posted:

The Mighty Morphing Power Rangers soundtrack is pretty insane as well.

There's a pretty great they might be giants song that only appears on that soundtrack and an ep, and the soundtrack version is better.

It did not even appear in the movie, and it would be strange if a song that started with "when I was only a zygote" about a deformed fetus played during the movie.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

One of the Pokemon soundtracks had a bunch of pop-punk and ska on it for some reason.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

achillesforever6 posted:

Is that the song that uses the Led Zeppelin song because if so yeah that is what I most remember from watching that VHS an ungodly level of times, like Twister levels of rewatching that movie.

Yes it's a take on Kashmir. Jimmy Page did the guitar for it as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60ZYG3AIcwk

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Grendels Dad posted:

Spawn soundtrack you guys.

Tsk this is only half-available on Spotify :mad:

still like the Manson / sneaker pimps track from this, even if the video is a bit :eyepop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THNEolxBmso

minor NWS for puritan workspaces

RBA Starblade posted:

I just looked up the Nick Cave one and lmao

lomarf

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Hemingway To Go! posted:

There's a pretty great they might be giants song that only appears on that soundtrack and an ep, and the soundtrack version is better.

It did not even appear in the movie, and it would be strange if a song that started with "when I was only a zygote" about a deformed fetus played during the movie.

It actually does appear in the movie, albeit very brief. One of the parents has it playing in their car as they're pulling into the driveway right before the purple villain enslaves them in their own home. I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Tars Tarkas posted:

New Thor will be good???

• Locked thread