Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

scrubs season six posted:

We'll get universal healthcare soon enough. Right now the lower middle class and middle class hate the idea because it means lazy poors will get coverage for free/cheaper than them, but as the middle class continues to get destroyed more and more people will move into the poors category and then we'll get universal healthcare and/or full on class war.

It's those very poors who keep voting Republican who are the ones most likely to scream about other poors getting poo poo for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Is there an AI thread that is effectively "generic truck" or "generic 4x4" talk"?

There's an offroading/4x4 thread, but I don't think that's exactly what you're looking for.

For a while we had a "tell me about buying a truck" thread that was turned into the de facto general truck chat, but eventually it fell into archives. I think a general trucks and towing/trailering thread would be active here.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Is there an AI thread that is effectively "generic truck" or "generic 4x4" talk"?

There's an offroad thread. Please save it before it hits archives.

e: f,b.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

My sis lives in the Bay Area and I love the place but dislike paying 800,000 dollars for a share croppers shack and not being able to own a nice car because people are just going to run into it constantly and drive off.

My old rear end truck has been smacked in to 5 times since i got it. once it gained a fresh dent. the other 4? piles of plastic from some other car left at the scene. *shrug*. Don't buy nice cars and live here... lol @ housing costs too. its insane.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

KakerMix posted:

Curious what this means because if it's by numbers or consumer demand or any measurable metric then an 'SUV' is a commuter car for the suburbs that never sees off-road use.
Like hey I think Toyota Landcruisers are rad as hell but I'd certainly get the Lexus GX over a Landcruiser if given the choice .
The Lexus GX is a landcruiser prado with nicer seats.

The bad thing about Sac vs Reno is CA taxes vs NV taxes. And probably traffic. And worse weather (depending on your preference for hotter summers meaning warming winters, which personally I'll take the cooler summers and the colder winters).

But Sac is also a real city whereas Reno is Reno.

My sis lives in the Bay Area and I love the place but dislike paying 800,000 dollars for a share croppers shack and not being able to own a nice car because people are just going to run into it constantly and drive off.
I've decided that hot as gently caress summers>snow. gently caress snow. I had 8 years of that and I'll take my snow from a distance, particularly when it doesn't actually get cold enough to drive on lakes.
I also suspect you pay more in property tax in Nevada.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

InitialDave posted:

I know.

They're poo poo too.

They're just a Civic with a worse safety rating.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

nm posted:

Exactly. And where I am that weirdly makes them less expensive than a Landcruiser.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

cursedshitbox posted:

Don't buy nice cars and live here...

Yeah that's what I'm saying. I can't not have at least one nice car.

quote:

lol @ housing costs too. its insane.

My BA niece and nephew asked their mom if I was rich because of my house. She told them something like "No, he's not really rich, just doing pretty well."

I asked her why she didn't tell them the truth, that the house they lived in was worth 3x what mine is and the difference is living in Reno vs living in Berkeley.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

nm posted:

I looked at a 2016 Landcruiser and was amazed that it wasn't roomier. Like the back seats with that big rear end LCD screen right in your face makes it seem like flying coach. They're not really significantly roomier than a 4Runner from what I can tell. I know they're tanks and will last forever but I expected them to be a little bigger on their inside based on how they look from the outside.

quote:

I've decided that hot as gently caress summers>snow. gently caress snow. I had 8 years of that and I'll take my snow from a distance, particularly when it doesn't actually get cold enough to drive on lakes.
I also suspect you pay more in property tax in Nevada.

I can understand that viewpoint but it's not for me. I'd trade 4500' Reno climate for 5500' SW Colorado climate any day of the week. Part of that may be due to living in Alaska for 6 years though.

e: I only looked briefly but when someone said that housing in Sac wasn't bad I figured they were full of poo poo and looked and at least based on my brief inspection they actually seem slightly cheaper in Sac. Like I saw a couple houses where I thought "poo poo if I saw that at that price in Reno I'd buy it in a heartbeat." It's also possible those houses were in a neighborhood where someone gets murdered every 90 minutes though or something. Not sure about property taxes. In Reno a ~$420,000 house that's 2800 square feet on a 9000 square foot lot pays ~2500/yr in property tax.

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Mar 9, 2017

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Yeah that's what I'm saying. I can't not have at least one nice car.

I was once like that.

that poo poo broke me of suckin' eggs. Now idgaf about anything with 4 wheels.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

CharlesM posted:

They're just a Civic with a worse safety rating.

Next you'll tell me that a Pilot is just an Accord with a worse Safety rating...

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

I looked at a 2016 Landcruiser and was amazed that it wasn't roomier. Like the back seats with that big rear end LCD screen right in your face makes it seem like flying coach. They're not really significantly roomier than a 4Runner from what I can tell. I know they're tanks and will last forever but I expected them to be a little bigger on their inside based on how they look from the outside.

I can understand that viewpoint but it's not for me. I'd trade 4500' Reno climate for 5500' SW Colorado climate any day of the week. Part of that may be due to living in Alaska for 6 years though.

e: I only looked briefly but when someone said that housing in Sac wasn't bad I figured they were full of poo poo and looked and at least based on my brief inspection they actually seem slightly cheaper in Sac. Like I saw a couple houses where I thought "poo poo if I saw that at that price in Reno I'd buy it in a heartbeat." It's also possible those houses were in a neighborhood where someone gets murdered every 90 minutes though or something. Not sure about property taxes. In Reno a ~$420,000 house that's 2800 square feet on a 9000 square foot lot pays ~2500/yr in property tax.
See, Minnesota was enough winter for me. At least there i could drive on lakes.

Anything under $400,000 is either either tiny, in a place you will get stabbed, or miles out -- admittedly in Sacramento "miles out" isn't actually that far.
CA property taxes are hard to calculate, because the tax rate is based on the price you paid, not the current market value. The increase in value is a fixed at 2% per year, which is basically nothing. Oh and the assessed value passes through inheritance, so you can have multi-million dollar vacation homes paying taxes on an assessed value of $200,000 or less. (There's also many other fun loopholes to avoid re-assessment when sold). Basically, you'd pay the same for that $420,000 today, but 20 years from now, you'd be paying way less. P13 is one of the reasons that there has been so little turnover in come high demand property markets. If you are a middle income person in SF who bought a $300,000 house in 1990 that is now worth $2 million can either: hold it, pay taxes on $400,000 or something; or sell it, buy a smaller house in a worse location for $1,000,000, pay way more taxes. I guess they could also rent it out for $5000 per month while paying $2000/yr in tax.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

The Door Frame posted:

Next you'll tell me that a Pilot is just an Accord with a worse Safety rating...

Oddly the Pilot has a lower roof safety strength from the IIHS for 2009...

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Whee, I just landed in New York for an interview tomorrow! Wish me luck!

(Then cheer me up because, ughhhhhhhhhh Manhattan.)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Safety Dance posted:

Whee, I just landed in New York for an interview tomorrow! Wish me luck!

(Then cheer me up because, ughhhhhhhhhh Manhattan.)

Good luck! After the interview go eat fish off a naked chick.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

cursedshitbox posted:

I was once like that.

I emailed the Disco trade offer and said thanks but no thanks.
He replied, "I understand." :smith:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Really torn between the 2008 crown Vic and either of the Lexuses. Should start a poll

Both the mod motor and 1UZ make basically no horsepower until you supercharge them, so they're actually pretty similar in that regard. Buy the one you enjoy driving more.

InitialDave posted:

Logical answer is make sure you buy a manual. Worst case, you can bump it.

Neither comes in manual, sadly.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

keykey posted:

This, because of the warranty factor, is why I use O'Reilly/Auto Zone.

Same. It's a couple bucks more, but if the part's poo poo, I can go commiserate with the counter guy/girl while they pull a new one from stock and send a nastygram to their supply chain.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Rhyno posted:

Good luck! After the interview go eat fish off a naked chick.

If I have time, I'll settle for lunch at this chinese place my wife likes.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

cursedshitbox posted:

My old rear end truck has been smacked in to 5 times since i got it. once it gained a fresh dent. the other 4? piles of plastic from some other car left at the scene. *shrug*. Don't buy nice cars and live here... lol @ housing costs too. its insane.

I always figured that if I got stuck out there I'd go back to driving the rustiest XJ Cherokee imaginable just so people could hit it and watch me laugh at them.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

nm posted:

Anything under $400,000 is either either tiny, in a place you will get stabbed, or miles out -- admittedly in Sacramento "miles out" isn't actually that far.
CA property taxes are hard to calculate, because the tax rate is based on the price you paid, not the current market value. The increase in value is a fixed at 2% per year, which is basically nothing. Oh and the assessed value passes through inheritance, so you can have multi-million dollar vacation homes paying taxes on an assessed value of $200,000 or less. (There's also many other fun loopholes to avoid re-assessment when sold). Basically, you'd pay the same for that $420,000 today, but 20 years from now, you'd be paying way less. P13 is one of the reasons that there has been so little turnover in come high demand property markets. If you are a middle income person in SF who bought a $300,000 house in 1990 that is now worth $2 million can either: hold it, pay taxes on $400,000 or something; or sell it, buy a smaller house in a worse location for $1,000,000, pay way more taxes. I guess they could also rent it out for $5000 per month while paying $2000/yr in tax.

I was looking at housing listings in central CA and was wondering how this house had an appraised value of $66,000 and they paid a property tax of $800/year. :P

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

InitialDave posted:

Short version: "If it doesn't actually work off road, it can get hosed."

I'm not responsible for what X-thousand muppets buy. Any manufacturer presenting me with something 4x4/4WD/AWD had better actually mean it.
AWD is for rain, not dirt.

And if the non-AWD version is FWD, I ain't interested.

The bad thing about Sac vs Reno is CA taxes vs NV taxes. And probably traffic. And worse weather (depending on your preference for hotter summers meaning warming winters, which personally I'll take the cooler summers and the colder winters).

But Sac is also a real city whereas Reno is Reno.

True. Weather... I prefer this side but not by much. I lived in Reno for a few years and the snow wasn't my cup of tea. But if I could get my county annexed by NV I would be deliriously happy. It even touches the border!

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Mar 9, 2017

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
man loads of posts itt, i was expecting a meltdown but... 😔

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Turns out the crown Vic has a tow rating? Probably swinging me right there. Sorry my plea for suggestions caused trouble. That said, I see no issue at all with the CR-V. Except I can't find one in my price range (that anybody will respond to :argh:)

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I have a budget of 2 grand, looking for a commuter car in Phoenix. Have a few options so far:

90-94 LS400s
2006+ crown Vics
2000ish CRV's or Isuzu Troopers

All are around 1800-2200. I'm going to look at a 2008 147k mile Crown Vic tomorrow for around 2k. Anything else I should look out for, model or gotcha wise?

Don't even look at a Trooper, they're nowhere near as reliable as anything else you listed. You know the CRV decently (and a 2000 will still be the B20 you're used to), the LS400 is a tank.

On the Crown Vic, look for weeping coolant around the thermostat housing, and check the ECU for lean codes (and if possible, look at the fuel trims). I don't know if they'd fixed the intake manifold issues by then, but the intake is prone to cracking on the mod motors. When it cracks you get coolant seepage and start getting lean codes (and some crazy fuel trims). Dorman makes a good replacement manifold that addresses all of those issues.

Personally, I'd probably go for the Vic, simply because the domestic depreciation curve means you get a much newer car for the same money. And if you're looking at former law enforcement cars, if you can find out the history, a detective or highway patrol car will be the best bet.

Seminal Flu posted:

Also -- Amazon is down again, this time affecting the storefront. I don't think this cloud thing is working out so well.

Goddamnit. No wonder I couldn't get any hours before 6pm today.

totalnewbie posted:

I'm not too familiar with Toyota's strategy, but I think they end up using the 1-cell wide-range both up and downstream.

What year/engine is your car? GM uses NTK, Denso, and Bosch sensors. I'm almost certain they don't use any Conti O2 sensors.

2006 model year, June 2005 build date. Ecotec 2.2 (L61), specifically in the Saturn Ion, though I don't think that makes much of a difference - I think all of the L61 engines for that model year were the same except for the version in the HHR (which added flex fuel capability, but AFAIK that's just an ethanol sensor in the tank and a different tune, and probably some fuel system parts to handle the extra corrosiveness of E85).

I'm pretty sure it has NTK or Denso on it. The Boschs I've seen looked a bit different, anyway (seemed like they had a thicker body).. Still runs great at nearly 170k, still gets close to advertised mileage even when driven in anger.

BraveUlysses posted:

It's also insane to assume that poors are buying 800 dollar phones instead of a used one.

from the shitlords who unironically brought you

What those shitlords fail to include is that in most states, a home is not considered inhabitable without a working refrigerator. Or kitchen sink. Or hot water.

I'm a poor if you go by my net income after all the deductions I took, and I own 2 fridges.. plus the one that came with the apartment. Granted, one of those is my old dorm fridge, and another is a broken one I found in a dumpster that I fixed (thermostat was bad). Meant to sell it, never got around to it. Been sitting a few years now, but I plugged it in last year and it still worked fine. My old dorm fridge is basically a snack fridge next to my desk at this point, until I can find someone stupid enough to buy it sell it

Anyone in DFW need a mini fridge? :v:

fridge corn posted:

Don't worry, it's been awhile since I had one.. I'm overdue.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Mar 9, 2017

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Oh, I already completely melted down this season, but with a little prodding I could probably manage a second, less damaging meltdown :sludgepal:

I haven't slept in 3 days and this afternoon I got back from my psych appointment where I got told, "Your depression is looking less unipolar than it used to, let's put you on a second mood stabilizer and see how that goes. And if that doesn't work out for you, we can increase the dosage, or we can try some stronger stuff like clozapine or lithium."
To which I heard, "I'm going out of my way to avoid telling you that you're bipolar until you've actually slept and aren't presenting symptoms of hypomania. Let's be explicitly clear here, you are bipolar. Try to blow off some steam today, you're really excitable."
Talking to me different just because I'm a foot taller and 40 years younger than him, and in a building with no security personnel while in an erratic mental state... The nerve of some people

Turns out the crown Vic has a tow rating? Probably swinging me right there. Sorry my plea for suggestions caused trouble. That said, I see no issue at all with the CR-V. Except I can't find one in my price range (that anybody will respond to :argh:)

Their gross capacity rating is poo poo, so renting trailers is harder, according to my friend with a P71
She also says to make sure that it's wheels aren't late model cop wheels, because they're a bitch to find cheap tires for. Other than gas mileage, she LOVES that barge

E: I need a !Looks alike <-> Sounds alike! sticker in my brain. I always mix up Klonopin(clonazepam) with clonidine and clozapine

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Mar 9, 2017

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Confession: whenever I get pizza I always get it with jalapeņo and anchovies because I am secretly pregnant

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I can only thank the Maker, and His marked whiskeys, that I have never encountered an anchovy pizza in my life

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

The Door Frame posted:

Oh, I already completely melted down this season, but with a little prodding I could probably manage a second, less damaging meltdown :sludgepal:

I haven't slept in 3 days and this afternoon I got back from my psych appointment where I got told, "Your depression is looking less unipolar than it used to, let's put you on a second mood stabilizer and see how that goes. And if that doesn't work out for you, we can increase the dosage, or we can try some stronger stuff like clozapine or lithium."
To which I heard, "I'm going out of my way to avoid telling you that you're bipolar until you've actually slept and aren't presenting symptoms of hypomania. Let's be explicitly clear here, you are bipolar. Try to blow off some steam today, you're really excitable."
Talking to me different just because I'm a foot taller and 40 years younger than him, and in a building with no security personnel while in an erratic mental state... The nerve of some people

Their gross capacity rating is poo poo, so renting trailers is harder, according to my friend with a P71
She also says to make sure that it's wheels aren't late model cop wheels, because they're a bitch to find cheap tires for. Other than gas mileage, she LOVES that barge

E: I need a !Looks alike <-> Sounds alike! sticker in my brain. I always mix up Klonopin(clonazepam) with clonidine and clozapine

Get some loving sleep.

EDIT: Try a George Clooney movie: some of those will put you to sleep

spog fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Mar 9, 2017

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Quote=!Edit

spog fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Mar 9, 2017

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I've already had a bar of xanax and a bottle of Guinness Milk Stout, but who knows if that will work or not. Half a bar and a Sierra Nevada Black IPA didn't get it done last night, so I'm not expecting to fall asleep before 8am, but I'm half-assedly trying to sleep

I'm just hoping that I actually have Cyclothymia, which is a much faster cycling, but not nearly as intense form of Bipolar Disorder (II). It's sometimes harder to manage due to the speed and frequency of the mood fluctuations. However, it's also not nearly as scary to laypeople, so people don't treat me as if I'll become violent out of nowhere. I'm a pacifist who even dislikes most angry yelling, I'm not going to start swinging at people...

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Don't even look at a Trooper, they're nowhere near as reliable as anything else you listed. You know the CRV decently (and a 2000 will still be the B20 you're used to), the LS400 is a tank.

On the Crown Vic, look for weeping coolant around the thermostat housing, and check the ECU for lean codes (and if possible, look at the fuel trims). I don't know if they'd fixed the intake manifold issues by then, but the intake is prone to cracking on the mod motors. When it cracks you get coolant seepage and start getting lean codes (and some crazy fuel trims). Dorman makes a good replacement manifold that addresses all of those issues.

Personally, I'd probably go for the Vic, simply because the domestic depreciation curve means you get a much newer car for the same money. And if you're looking at former law enforcement cars, if you can find out the history, a detective or highway patrol car will be the best bet.

Goddamnit. No wonder I couldn't get any hours before 6pm today.

2006 model year, June 2005 build date. Ecotec 2.2 (L61), specifically in the Saturn Ion, though I don't think that makes much of a difference - I think all of the L61 engines for that model year were the same except for the version in the HHR (which added flex fuel capability, but AFAIK that's just an ethanol sensor in the tank and a different tune, and probably some fuel system parts to handle the extra corrosiveness of E85).

I'm pretty sure it has NTK or Denso on it. The Boschs I've seen looked a bit different, anyway (seemed like they had a thicker body).. Still runs great at nearly 170k, still gets close to advertised mileage even when driven in anger.

What those shitlords fail to include is that in most states, a home is not considered inhabitable without a working refrigerator. Or kitchen sink. Or hot water.

I'm a poor if you go by my net income after all the deductions I took, and I own 2 fridges.. plus the one that came with the apartment. Granted, one of those is my old dorm fridge, and another is a broken one I found in a dumpster that I fixed (thermostat was bad). Meant to sell it, never got around to it. Been sitting a few years now, but I plugged it in last year and it still worked fine. My old dorm fridge is basically a snack fridge next to my desk at this point, until I can find someone stupid enough to buy it sell it

Anyone in DFW need a mini fridge? :v:

Don't worry, it's been awhile since I had one.. I'm overdue.

I don't read your posts

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Safety Dance posted:

If I have time, I'll settle for lunch at this chinese place my wife likes.

:mediocre:

Also, good luck.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Four day weekend starts today.

:toot:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

fridge corn posted:

Yeah apparently a lot of posters itt have serious issues

...with a roomy and efficient transportation appliance, because it was offered with a mostly useless AWD system. You could however get the previous gen CR-V (that mgs is looking at) with a manual. I woulda thought that would earn it a pass, but oh well.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

nm posted:

This is crazy.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Pretty sure that's Denso upstream and NTK downstream. Both switching sensors, though, definitely.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

angryrobots posted:

Yeah apparently a lot of posters itt have serious issues

...with a roomy and efficient transportation appliance, because it was offered with a mostly useless AWD system. You could however get the previous gen CR-V (that mgs is looking at) with a manual. I woulda thought that would earn it a pass, but oh well.

I mean, everyone here loves the goddamn Wagovan, and the CR-V is pretty much just the newer version of that, with marginally more ride height.

If the TSX wagon existed with a stick, I miiiiiiiight have one of those instead. That era of Acura nose is not a good look, though.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Fermented Tinal posted:

Considering all of MGS's accomplishments, not limited to owning multiple ACVWs, and being brave enough to walk away from a toxic relationship. A 1UZ starter should be a walk in the valley for him.

:rimshot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

mariooncrack posted:

Four day weekend starts today.

:toot:

Woo Hoo! Enjoy it!

I'm in the midst of 20 days in a row. On the upside I got my first pay from the second job I picked up (my student loan shark was sending me angry messages) I was hoping for an extra $260 a week but it looks like it's more like $425. This is a huge deal to me and means I should be able to save a decent amount of cash. Which I surely won't spend on an 80's sports car I don't need. :rolleyes: I'll wait to have a good look at the payslip and make certain the tax has been calculated correctly before I start shopping for an MR2

• Locked thread