Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Bug people, bird people, what's the difference?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
There should have been a Korok champion too.

They could have driven a cool beetle mech called Vah Kamis. :colbert:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Cicadas! posted:

Bug people, bird people, what's the difference?

And all as sexy as each other

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Is there a point in the story I should beeline to before I start exploring all over the place? I just reached Kakariko village.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Basically right there. If you follow the main story at Kakariko, you'll be given the quest head to the four corners of the world and another quest to help make you a bit stronger.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Traxis posted:

Is there a point in the story I should beeline to before I start exploring all over the place? I just reached Kakariko village.

Talk to impa there then you're good to go! The quest goes very nonlinear after that.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I would follow the quest that takes you to Hateno village before going hog wild with exploring.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah you really want the stuff you get from Hateno. Then you're pretty good to do whatever.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Zore posted:

There should have been a Korok champion too.

They could have driven a cool beetle mech called Vah Kamis. :colbert:

Vah Saris would also be appropriate, as the Korok are the Kokiri.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I have finished the Zora's domain storyline and I have so many feelings about fish.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
I got distracted and dropped one of the orbs in the bog on Eventide and spent over 20 minutes getting it out because for whatever reason Cryonis and Magnesis don't work to lift things out of the bog

Throw 2 bombs into the bog, Stasis the orb, detonate the bombs, throw and detonate 2 more and pray the direction/intensity is enough to push the orb past the massive drag of the bog

Also beat the game tonight and I kinda feel like reclaiming all 4 Divine Beasts should do a little more than give you the 4 Champion abilities + the 50% HP reduction on first form Calamity

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

TFRazorsaw posted:

I have finished the Zora's domain storyline and I have so many feelings about fish.

For real. I kinda want to get an avatar of Sidon doing his smile-and-fistpump thing with some appropriately encouraging title text.

Jejoma
Nov 5, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

It tells you to drop the scale into the water, which opens a shrine. You somehow missed a very important message that appears directly onscreen.

That may be true, nonetheless, the adventure log is lacking.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Sidon is the best Zelda character since Groose.

Which is something because Ravio was previous holder of that title.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Jejoma posted:

That may be true, nonetheless, the adventure log is lacking.

What's more, if you interact with the statue again any number of times afterwards it'll tell you, in no uncertain terms, exactly what to do.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Man, hearing the etheral music and feeling the updraft before even seeing one the dragons and then you look over and see one just gliding above you is a really cool feeling

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

TFRazorsaw posted:

Sidon is the best Zelda character

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

TFRazorsaw posted:

Sidon is the best

Jejoma
Nov 5, 2008

Cicadas! posted:

What's more, if you interact with the statue again any number of times afterwards it'll tell you, in no uncertain terms, exactly what to do.

Right, I put the game down to take care of something for a while, came back, and checked the adventure log for what to do next, which apparently isn't all that helpful since it was actually pointing me in the opposite direction.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

He has his own fanclub but actually manages to live up to the hype. He is The Coolest Prince.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm going to write so many fanfics where Sidon and Link kiss.

I'm kidding.

maybe

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Do Guardians respawn or can you make an area permanently safer by taking them out?

TFRazorsaw posted:

Feelings such as... "why a fish got a titty"

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
the gently caress do i do at this labyrinth maze at the north east. i climbed to the top and i still dont know what my goal is

edit: ok of course as soon as i post it i find it

Suspicious Dish fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Mar 9, 2017

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Your Computer posted:

Do Guardians respawn or can you make an area permanently safer by taking them out?

Feelings such as... "why a fish got a titty"

I've been asking that since Ocarina.

At least the female Zora have the weird animal heads instead of just human ones like Ruto did. Progress!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

just got to Kakariko Village does impa's granddaughter like me? do I like her??

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

she likes you at least

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

a.lo posted:

just got to Kakariko Village does impa's granddaughter like me? do I like her??

You know the answer in your heart.

Also is it just me or is Breath of the Wild very horney for a Zelda game.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Not much hornier than Ocarina of Time where literally every female in the game wants to gently caress Link and you get vored by a fish

Ruto is way weirder than Mipha since she had like two eyes on the far side of her head

a.lo posted:

just got to Kakariko Village does impa's granddaughter like me?
yes

a.lo posted:

do I like her??
you better

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Have you played a Zelda game

like pretty much every major female character in Ocarina who isn't Impa either has a crush on or makes some kind of pass at Link.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
So when Sidon becomes king will he turn into a big fat whale like the current king?

He'll go from a twink to a bear :kimchi:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Your Computer posted:

You know the answer in your heart.

Also is it just me or is Breath of the Wild very horney for a Zelda game.

It used to be they rounded up any horney people working at nintendo and forced them to make fire emblem

Un/fortunately, in order to bring botw over the line they had to free the horney devs and they horned the game up

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Hedrigall posted:

So when Sidon becomes king will he turn into a big fat whale like the current king?

He'll go from a twink to a bear :kimchi:

Dorephan isn't fat, he's muscular. Check out those pectorals.

Anyway we're all furries for fish people now.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

TFRazorsaw posted:

Dorephan isn't fat, he's muscular. Check out those pectorals.

Anyway we're all furries for fish people now.

Um excuse me but the accepted term is "gillies"

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the plot of Hyrule Warriros was literally a witch wanted to gently caress Link so badly, she opened up portals to other timelines

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

oh man Sidon? I think I am being spoiled right now

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Moltrey posted:

the plot of Hyrule Warriros was literally a witch wanted to gently caress Link so badly, she opened up portals to other timelines

Spinoffs don't count

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

anyway if they every make another Hyrule Warriors pretty much every Champion from this game needs to be playable

also Sidon

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So I just noticed that your completion percentage is in the lower left on the map screen, I can't believe I didn't notice this before and after all of my time playing I have... 23.90% done... This game is so god drat big.

Also, I really like going around taking photos of things but did we really have to photograph all of the weapons, bows and armor? That poo poo sucks rear end.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Moltrey posted:

What she didn't anticipate, is the constant in all timelines is Link Is A Fish Fucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Andrast posted:

Spinoffs don't count
the Zelda game that introduced Lana and Linkle and let me play as a cool Goron is better and more canon than Ocarina of Time imo