Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

drat.

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/839825507948593153

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
I hope we didn't overpay for Matt Khalil. LT is a big hole for us, but Oher was cheap and serviceable when he was on the field. Expensive and serviceable would not be an upgrade.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I'm not sure if I'd call Matt Kalil serviceable.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Shangri-Law School posted:

I'm not sure if I'd call Matt Kalil serviceable.
He was basically a turnstile in Minnesota wasn't he?

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Eli Wiggum posted:

Yes, but now he'd be playing with his Pro Bowl brother, so he'd obviously be better!

:sigh:

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

pocket pool posted:

https://twitter.com/ryan_boser/status/839708284495904768

Rumor on Kalil is $30 million plus. I'd have liked the Vikings to keep him around but I don't know about that price.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo o oo o

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

fsif posted:

If he signed with the Texans, they'd be a Super Bowl contender.

Lol no they wouldn't. Upgrading from the 32nd best QB in the league to like the 27th ain't gonna make that much of an impact.

If Charles goes to the Seahawks, that leaves the Raiders and the Patriots from AP's preferred teams who could still potentially sign him. And I don't think the Patriots are interested. Right now I'm kind of leaning towards signing him, but only if he plays well. If he's gonna be bad then I don't think we should spend the money.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Yaaay and the Bears are getting Glennoned yessss

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/839830515133865984

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Volkerball posted:

Lol no they wouldn't. Upgrading from the 32nd best QB in the league to like the 27th ain't gonna make that much of an impact.

If Charles goes to the Seahawks, that leaves the Raiders and the Patriots from AP's preferred teams who could still potentially sign him. And I don't think the Patriots are interested. Right now I'm kind of leaning towards signing him, but only if he plays well. If he's gonna be bad then I don't think we should spend the money.

Cutler is, to me, an unpredictable commodity at this point. Looked great at times, awful at others, isn't going to carry a team but if you put him on a team loaded like Houston in a weak AFC South he could be surprising.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

here is a depressing look at the browns so far

https://twitter.com/TonyGrossi/status/839804732503916544

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Cutler might actually give a gently caress if he is on a team that's not the Bears.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Volkerball posted:

Raiders aren't signing AP.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ozymandius1024 posted:

Yes, but now he'd be playing with his Pro Bowl brother, so he'd obviously be better!

:sigh:

That's enough from you, joe person

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

GNU Order posted:

I'd really really like to know how much guaranteed but I think this is arguably Brock Osweiler levels of dumb. Less money but a bigger body of work to see and you still hype yourself into dumping the money truck on a replacement level guy

Those numbers only matter if the guaranteed money is crazy. If they are committed to rostering him in 2018, I will be mad. Otherwise, it's not my money.

Volkerball posted:

Cutler does well with good teams. The two years he had a top five defense, he made the playoffs once and got hurt while en route to another playoff berth. Also, he has a great deep ball.

Cutler on Houston is what I am currently rooting for, because I want him to win a Super Bowl and shine a great big light on the Bears organization that shows he was not the loving problem.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/839833295710007296

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I'm pretty sure that light doesn't need shining.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Abugadu posted:

Cutler is, to me, an unpredictable commodity at this point. Looked great at times, awful at others, isn't going to carry a team but if you put him on a team loaded like Houston in a weak AFC South he could be surprising.

Excuse me, but weak afc South?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

warcrimes posted:

Raiders aren't signing AP.

Wouldn't be a whole lot different than when they signed MJD. If Latavius walks, he likely wouldn't be a bad consolation prize. He'd probably be a good influence for Richard and Washington, even if he accidentally gets them in the nuts a lil here and there. Can't hurt to have an MVP running back in the locker room when you've got two promising guys coming into their second year. He's old, but the Raiders o-line would give him lanes, and he knows how to make poo poo happen when he's got the opportunity. It's just a matter of whether his body would hold up.

Fun fact that I just found out: AP is only two days younger than MJD.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Sataere posted:

Cutler does well with good teams. The two years he had a top five defense, he made the playoffs once and got hurt while en route to another playoff berth. Also, he has a great deep ball.

Cutler on Houston is what I am currently rooting for, because I want him to win a Super Bowl and shine a great big light on the Bears organization that shows he was not the loving problem.

Brock Osweiler also got to the playoffs with a top 5 defense.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

FizFashizzle posted:

I'm pretty sure that light doesn't need shining.

If you consume Chicago sports media on a regular basis, it sure the gently caress does.

Volkerball posted:

Brock Osweiler also got to the playoffs with a top 5 defense.

Lol if you are trying to say Cutler compares to Brock as a QB. Cutler wasn't dragged to his playoff appearance kicking and screaming. Cutler is going to lose you a couple games just by being an idiot. But he'll also ball out a couple games and win where he shouldn't. The rest, he needs someone else to do something.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
I don't think the Raiders are going to sign AP. Reggie will draft a powerback in the 5th.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Sataere posted:

Lol if you are trying to say Cutler compares to Brock as a QB. Cutler wasn't dragged to his playoff appearance kicking and screaming. Cutler is going to lose you a couple games just by being an idiot. But he'll also ball out a couple games and win where he shouldn't. The rest, he needs someone else to do something.

Well I'm not 100% sold that Osweiler would get outplayed by Caleb Hanie in a conference championship game, so it probably is an unfair comparison.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/DavidWyattNFL/status/839820096839254016

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
gently caress yes if we keep Perry

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/839837410087272448

oh come on

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/839838004369838080

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Volkerball posted:

Well I'm not 100% sold that Osweiler would get outplayed by Caleb Hanie in a conference championship game, so it probably is an unfair comparison.

If your goal was to remind me of that game and make me real sad, you succeeded.

Apparently the wide receiver market might not be playing out to Alshon's liking and he could resign. Oh God, please come home.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Sataere posted:

If your goal was to remind me of that game and make me real sad, you succeeded.

Apparently the wide receiver market might not be playing out to Alshon's liking and he could resign. Oh God, please come home.

my goal is to poo poo on cutler because he used to be a bronco, and i hold a grudge for a real long time. sorry you got collateral damaged.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Jack Nicholson nodding yes gif

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

gently caress this gay earth

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

The Big Jesus posted:

Excuse me, but weak afc South?

I'll stand by that. Houston won it last year w Osweiler, Colts are regressing, Titans are starting to surge but aren't dominant yet, Jacksonville will perenially be the team everyone expects to make big strides before they bortle it up again.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/839839602366087168

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin

Eli Wiggum posted:

After his Pro Bowl year he was continually injured, bad or both.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
$14m+ good gravy

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/granthpaulsen/status/839834109123887104

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

That's... a surprising sum. :stare:

So much for my boring Pats FA theory I guess.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Was the significant guarantee that he would be gone in 2 years if they didnt accept?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/839840974893375488

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

sean10mm posted:

That's... a surprising sum. :stare:

So much for my boring Pats FA theory I guess.

I think this means Butler is gone. They are either going to trade him under the tag or not match any offer sheet and get a first round pick by default.

Wow.

• Locked thread