Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oh ffs, Stoffel went out and then 30 seconds later there is a red flag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

quote:

Another lap, another improvement by Sebastian Vettel. This time it's a 1:19.024.

He's fastest of all through the first two sectors but appears to ease off in the third. Definitely more in that Ferrari bag.

So Ferrari have three of a kind, and they may or may not have a full house. Mercedes might be sitting on a royal flush but are doing a better job of keeping a poker face. McLaren have a six high.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

quote:

05:02 Vandoorne's McLaren has been covered up.

it's now being loaded into the back of the ambulance, bagpipes playing faintly.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Khablam posted:

I hope bottas gets decapitated by debris in Melbourne.
Alonso finishes 5 laps down, 2 ahead of Stoffel.

Incensed and full of rage, he asks lewis how snapchat works and posts a stream of abuse at Honda.

MCLRN fire Alonso.

A free agent, he gets approached by Toto and offered the vacant seat, on the one condition he doesn't cut his hair.
Alonso agrees.
Alonso > Lewis, Alonso WDC.

Alonso finally smiles properly again and the thread's hearts melt, and but for one clear moment, there is a whole page of good posts.

This is a good post.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

learnincurve posted:

So Flávio threw a surprise party for bernie and a load of washed up has beens showed up http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/128424 Flávio thinks Bernie was treated poorly by a company that went "you don't do poo poo for your money, and haven't done since the 80s, why on earth would we keep you around when you no longer own any part of the company?"

Bernie is a god drat vampire who would've sucked F1 dry if given the chance. The near-immediate attempts at restoring that piece of poo poo's reputation are immensely frustrating.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
It's more likely that Renault show some promising progress this year, Alonso jumps ship to them , talks about "It feels like coming home.", then wastes a few more years when it turns out Renault aren't actually spending enough to be more than midfield.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

HJB posted:

Whose birthday is it today?

That's right! 32 years young, and forever in our hearts.

Today I learnt I share a birthday with Formula One Grand Prix winner Pastor Maldonado.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Bernie was a good lad

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Honda are saying all three engine failures this week have been due to electrical issues, which..........is dumb? The gently caress are they still working out with the electronics?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

jammyozzy posted:

Today I learnt I share a birthday with Formula One Grand Prix winner Pastor Maldonado.

Happy birthday :)

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Bernie did nothing wrong

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

F1 on easy mode right there.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

wicka posted:

Honda are saying all three engine failures this week have been due to electrical issues, which..........is dumb? The gently caress are they still working out with the electronics?

Teams always say it was electrical

like, a rod popped out of the block and poked a hole in the alternator, or the turbo melted down and all over some important wires.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

So Flávio threw a surprise party for bernie and a load of washed up has beens showed up http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/128424 Flávio thinks Bernie was treated poorly by a company that went "you don't do poo poo for your money, and haven't done since the 80s, why on earth would we keep you around when you no longer own any part of the company?"

For some reason I find this image rather unsettling. Like the way they're all dressed in black as if for his funeral, forgetting that Bernard Ecclestone is immortal.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Best "electrical issue" I ever heard was when someone was pouring concrete for a escalator in a London tube station they poured and poured and poured but for some strange reason it still wasn't enough concrete... and then suddenly the entire tube network stopped. Turned out the area they were working in was directly above the tube network's control room. http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/23/set-in-stone-victoria-line-closed-after-control-room-is-flooded-with-fast-setting-concrete-4275088/

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Theophany posted:

For some reason I find this image rather unsettling. Like the way they're all dressed in black as if for his funeral, forgetting that Bernard Ecclestone is immortal.

drat thas eerie.

Also i hope Ferrari form its true. The Mercedes domination got boring and they dont have Michael Schumacher to make things right.

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Mar 9, 2017

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I hope every team is good, tbh. I want to see 4-5 teams within reach of the podium on a consistent basis. I'll be :smith: by the end of the season if it's just Mercedes walking away with it.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
There is not a cats chance in Hell we won't see lewis as champion in 2017.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

His soul has already been taken as payment.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

They need to make "Where's Niki?" a bit harder really.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Theophany posted:

Being Bernie Ecclestone

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

https://twitter.com/redbullracing/status/839821140122021889

I'm glad things start up for real this month because my brain is beginning to seep out of my ears

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

HJB posted:

https://twitter.com/redbullracing/status/839821140122021889

I'm glad things start up for real this month because my brain is beginning to seep out of my ears

So are his, by the look of things.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

loving :lol: apparently Red Bull has blocked me from seeing their Twitter.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Seeing as the testing is boring as hell, here's a fun little retrospective of F1's very cool and good feeder series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nKhM5tMxl4

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Khablam posted:

I hope bottas gets decapitated by debris in Melbourne.
Alonso finishes 5 laps down, 2 ahead of Stoffel.

Incensed and full of rage, he asks lewis how snapchat works and posts a stream of abuse at Honda.

MCLRN fire Alonso.

A free agent, he gets approached by Toto and offered the vacant seat, on the one condition he doesn't cut his hair.
Alonso agrees.
Alonso > Lewis, Alonso WDC.

Alonso finally smiles properly again and the thread's hearts melt, and but for one clear moment, there is a whole page of good posts.

This. This, is, beautiful, man.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

learnincurve posted:

And it will be the best thing that happens in 2017.

1500quidporsche posted:

What did you say to prompt that lmao?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm not surprised?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Baron Corbyn posted:

What did you say to prompt that lmao?

I seem to recall asking if they were going to swap one of their drivers out for a fetus the next time one of them bins it around the time they demoted kyvat.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

I seem to recall asking if they were going to swap one of their drivers out for a fetus the next time one of them bins it around the time they demoted kyvat.

I've said ruder things to McLaren and they still follow me. Zak 1, Horner 0.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

I've said ruder things to McLaren and they still follow me. Zak 1, Horner 0.

I don't think what I said was that bad and they're incredibly thin skinned if it was that.

I felt far more guilty and stopped using Twitter after pestering big companies with really inane dumb questions and then getting a response from somebody who's life must be some form of hell on earth.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

It's probably Ginger Spice doing their Twitter.

#zig-a-zig-ah

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
lol Renault and Honda are going to be running a competition over who explodes the least in 2017.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

lol Renault and Honda are going to be running a competition over who explodes the least in 2017.

Finally, something McLaren can be dominant at.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Theophany posted:

Finally, something McLaren can be dominant at.

They also have the top worst livery. So that's going for them.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

1500quidporsche posted:

Incidentally can I have a list of D grade Scifi slop that's going to cause you nerds to run to the hall monitor if I say it's bad?

Blade Runner should get you more mileage than a McLaren test day.

Speaking of McLaren, I'm guessing that they'll spend at least the first quarter of the season fixing whatever major problems they have in their busted-rear end cars before they can become competitive. Turning your engine down and finishing a race is pretty far from a success, especially with such a large top speed gap.

I can also see Bottas putting pressure on Hamilton, and he's just as likely as Nico to come close to a win. If he can figure out how to get Hamilton off his game, then he should have a real shot at WDC. And if the starts are going to favour him more than Hamilton, he's already ahead of the game.

Theophany posted:

I dunno, maybe it's wishful thinking. I'm just optimistic that Bottas is so single-minded and uninterested in anything that isn't F1 racing that he'll be a genuine title contender.

The only problem might be his cute swimmer girlfriend.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

I remain confident that The Valtteri Constant™ will hold.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Luckily there is no development restrictions anymore. Honda needs to make the most of it. Dunno why some people are freaking out about the Renault engines - they look ok.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Human Grand Prix posted:

Luckily there is no development restrictions anymore. Honda needs to make the most of it. Dunno why some people are freaking out about the Renault engines - they look ok.

hyperbole is this threads modus operandi hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I am no longer making any bold predictions. I don't understand anything that's happened in the last 2 seasons.

• Locked thread