Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
OK, so I'm hitting a point with my Essence Drain Trickster that I have some final choices to make. I'm level 67 an my original build was for 123 skill points, and I'm now learning thats a bad idea. I'm currently at 89 points, and I'd rather assume i'm going to get another 10-15. Heres my build, what should i do with my last 15 points? Also, should i refund out of anything?

Heres the build

The ideas that I have are:

The pierce wheel, for 11 points. Seems like a bit much, but 100% pierce is always ace (and i get some more life if I go through Blood Drinker).
The atrophy wheel, for 6 points. +71% extra chaos damage. 12% damage per point.
The corruption wheel, for 4 points. +39% extra chaos damage. 10% per damage point.
Whispers of Doom, for 4 points. I currently have a Doedras Damning, which gives me an extra curse, but this would be nice in case i ever decide to take it off. Also an extra 10% curse effect.
Skittering Runes, for 3 points. 20% extra curse effect.
Potency of Will, for 3 points. +45% extra DOT duration. 15% damage per point.
Method to the Madness, for 4 points. +54% extra chaos damage. 13.5% damage per point.

I also have a few jewels within 2 or 3 points.

Breaking it down to damage per point, it looks like the next best moves are Potency of Will, Method to the Madness, and then the Atrophy wheel. If I get a better ring than Doedras, I'll start on Whispers of Doom.

What do you think goons?

Lechtansi fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Mar 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

At level 90 you have 110 passive points if you have not been awarded any from the bandit quest.

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011

interrodactyl posted:

I'm an idiot, I was thinking of the AoE nerfs somehow affecting the build because...reasons?

I think I saw someone mentioning that warchief radius with increased aoe is slightly worse than in 2.5, but that's about it.

I've been running a berserker warchief this league (yeah I hate change I guess), and the only difference from chieftain so far is that sometimes Izaro targets me, so every now and then I actually have to move to avoid the big telegraphed attacks.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

cinci zoo sniper posted:

At level 90 you have 110 passive points if you have not been awarded any from the bandit quest.

I was assuming that I would hit 85 or so, which would give me 15 more points to work with.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Lechtansi posted:

I was assuming that I would hit 85 or so, which would give me 15 more points to work with.
Fair enough then.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnUOCQ8M7Xw

:eyepop:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

it's gonna get nerfed, the jewel should be limited to 1

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Goa Tse-tung posted:

it's gonna get nerfed, the jewel should be limited to 1
Undoubtedly. Still a neat abuse of game mechanics, in my opinion.

E: Yeah, Qarl has already posted on reddit to enjoy this while it lasts.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Mar 9, 2017

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Anyone have any idea what a semi-reasonable rate for buying perandus coins is?
For around 6000 of them? I started during breach so I have no idea historically and poe trade and asking sellers has been weirdly unhelpful.

Shiny unique popped up but I'm thinking now to just pretend I never saw it because it seems like way more of a hassle than I thought to get or buy quickly.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Someone tell me how good my ring is, I have no clue about rare pricing still.

Searched for 70+ life, 90+ pseudo resists (with craft), 21+ global crit. There's only four even searching for offline items. A 2ex one - the cheapest - with more res and an open %defense crafting slot, but I dunno if the latter is worth anything when the ring has no ES anyway. And a 200c one which has physical damage instead of fire damage and +WED instead of ES, which seems like it's probably better than mine. Other two are kinda weird, one unpriced and I'd say worse and one with second elemental damage in place of +ES.

drat it took me this long to find even a half-decent item so I hope I can get a bit for this one. Best I've found value-wise is an Agnerod North which hasn't even sold yet.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

animatorZed posted:

For around 6000 of them? I started during breach so I have no idea historically and poe trade and asking sellers has been weirdly unhelpful.

Shiny unique popped up but I'm thinking now to just pretend I never saw it because it seems like way more of a hassle than I thought to get or buy quickly.

I don't know what they're at currently in this league, but they usually float around 100-120 per chaos, maybe up to 150 per chaos.

edit: what's the unique?

Hauki fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Mar 9, 2017

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Insurrectionist posted:

Someone tell me how good my ring is, I have no clue about rare pricing still.

Searched for 70+ life, 90+ pseudo resists (with craft), 21+ global crit. There's only four even searching for offline items. A 2ex one - the cheapest - with more res and an open %defense crafting slot, but I dunno if the latter is worth anything when the ring has no ES anyway. And a 200c one which has physical damage instead of fire damage and +WED instead of ES, which seems like it's probably better than mine. Other two are kinda weird, one unpriced and I'd say worse and one with second elemental damage in place of +ES.

drat it took me this long to find even a half-decent item so I hope I can get a bit for this one. Best I've found value-wise is an Agnerod North which hasn't even sold yet.

You have an open suffix which is nice but typically your high end rings want an open prefix for es%. Not sure of a build that wants fire damage to attacks. I'd say it's def not worth more then an EX. But a nice stop gap to pick up before either going CI.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

animatorZed posted:

use this site http://currency.poe.trade/ . You can get a better buy rate if you list your chaos for sale for what you want but it's generally not by much and takes longer to get the currency.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

animatorZed posted:

You can check the currency rates on poe.trade and cross-reference them with poe.ninja.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

You have an open suffix which is nice but typically your high end rings want an open prefix for es%. Not sure of a build that wants fire damage to attacks. I'd say it's def not worth more then an EX. But a nice stop gap to pick up before either going CI.

Thanks for the tip, though I'd think of it more as a Life ring than a CI/LL ring given it has T1 Life vs only T2 ES and as you say no place for %ES. Of course I dunno how many Life builds out there don't need +phys damage or EWD or something on their rings though.

Speaking of EWD I was sorting through my daily maps stash and found this too which I'd love help with.
http://imgur.com/a/YqdZq
So this time it has two pretty weak mods in plain +stats implicit and lovely +ES. However I searched for those tiers of WED/Crit chance/crit multi and the first non-corrupted result was 20 EX. Taking the search down to any with T3 WED instead of T2 still gave me a 2.5EX cheapest. This one DOES have space for %ES and the like too - but I'm not sure how much that lovely +ES roll mars the amulet.

E: for reference no way near 20EX of course since that amulet has amazing other rolls too. Are we talking a couple exalts though?

Insurrectionist fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Mar 9, 2017

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Zo posted:

god, finding a unique you can use in ssf is the greatest feeling

i didnt have a 5-link and was feeling down on damage but then a nyctas lantern dropped for more or less 5-link damage sr cwc firestorm

also, mouse-only hcssf character finally made it to maps :toot:

Yeah, I'm playing SSF too, and having Kaom's Primacy drop for my Lacerate Slayer was pretty fantastic. Also found a Death's Oath armor, which turned out to be surprisingly useful.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Hauki posted:

I don't know what they're at currently in this league, but they usually float around 100-120 per chaos, maybe up to 150 per chaos.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

You can check the currency rates on poe.trade and cross-reference them with poe.ninja.

Thanks. Didn't know about the poe.ninja site, that looks useful.
I did check poe.trade but it wasn't obvious which were prices for stacks, or per coin prices. Anyways, at either 100-150 per, or the the ~93-97 on the ninja site, seems like I don't really break even. The sellers I did contact and would actually give me a rate were worse than those, too.

Sorry for asking so many random questions, didn't even try to trade at all until a day or two ago and trying to figure out pricing is making my head spin and I hate bartering :negative:

e:

Hauki posted:

edit: what's the unique?

Soul Taker

animatorZed fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Mar 9, 2017

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I wish I had done SSF in retrospect . Buying poo poo from Poe trade guts the problem solving game with gear to a large extent

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

animatorZed posted:

I did check poe.trade but it wasn't obvious which were prices for stacks, or per coin prices. Anyways, at either 100-150 per, or the the ~93-97 on the ninja site, seems like I don't really break even. The sellers I did contact and would actually give me a rate were worse than those, too.

Sorry for asking so many random questions, didn't even try to trade at all until a day or two ago and trying to figure out pricing is making my head spin and I hate bartering :negative:
No worries, PoE market is a game of its own.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

euphronius posted:

I wish I had done SSF in retrospect . Buying poo poo from Poe trade guts the problem solving game with gear to a large extent

At the same time its not really fun using the same item for 20 hours because you can't find an upgrade. Or you find a sick drop for another build but it means nothing because you can't trade it away to buy the gear you want. More power to SSF people but I think I'd get bored before it became fun.

animatorZed posted:

e:

Soul Taker

Not sure how you're confused on poe currency prices. You click chaos for the bottom row and coins for the top row. Then it lists what rates and amount people are selling coins for and how many chaos you will need to spend. The lower rates are typically going to be multiple chaos at once purchases though. If you only want to spend 1 chaos your rate will be a bit higher and the better rate people aren't going to adjust to 1 chaos price for their rate. You are getting the better rate because you buy in bulk.

For example I will sell 123 jewelers for 10 chaos. Thats 12.3 jewellers for 1 chaos. But I am not going to sell you less then that because it would be a pain in the rear end to figure out that price and I am doing that amount so I can beat out the guy selling 12 jewellers for 1 chaos. It's also how flippers make their profit. They will list their chaos for say "you pay me 130 jewellers for my 10 chaos (13:1)" And then at the same time they are selling jewellers for 123 for 10 chaos(12.3:1). So every trade they do on both sides nets them a 7 jeweller profit. Do it enough times and you get some good money. That's the jist of it at least.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

FillInTheBlank posted:

If that's what you want I suggest this build guide. I did it last league and just sorta smashed every things face in.
:popeye: Dude, awesome, yes, this is exactly my goal. I was searching for builds and things but this never popped up on the radar.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Holyshoot posted:

Not sure how you're confused on poe currency prices.

I see the issue now. I didn't see perandus coins initially on the currency site, so I searched for it as an item.

The stacks people list that show on poe.trade seem to be any number, so I see thinks like 973 for 1 alc, or 50 for 1 chaos, or 260 for 2 transmute, 5000 for 20 exalt.
And when i contact the guy who listed 973 for 1 alc for 1 alc he says 86 for 1 chaos so given that I don't have any prior knowledge of what these things are worth, I hope its understandable why I'd be confused.

Apparently I'm just blind and it is, in fact on the currency site which is 100% clear.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

animatorZed posted:

I see the issue now. I didn't see perandus coins initially on the currency site, so I searched for it as an item.

The stacks people list that show on poe.trade seem to be any number, so I see thinks like 973 for 1 alc, or 50 for 1 chaos, or 260 for 2 transmute, 5000 for 20 exalt.
And when i contact the guy who listed 973 for 1 alc for 1 alc he says 86 for 1 chaos so given that I don't have any prior knowledge of what these things are worth, I hope its understandable why I'd be confused.

Apparently I'm just blind and it is, in fact on the currency site which is 100% clear.

edit: Oh you said so

http://currency.poe.trade/search?league=Legacy&online=x&want=26&have=4

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Brought a nem leaguestone into acton's nightmare, got an infinite respawning inner treasure mob.

Sadly it didn't work.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

animatorZed posted:

Oh ya never buy currency off of poe.trade itself. That used to be a thing but now just use poe currency. What you're seeing is probably people listing stuff so it shows up on poe currency and also lists there amount of currency they have left.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I think people are starting to catch on to what some of the better leaguestones are, so here's the ones I focus on that you can charge 10-15c+ for and get a sale. Note that this requires either no level requirement, an "Above level <x>"requirement or a high "Below level <x>" requirement (I think the highest these go is 73/74). There are tons of great leaguestones of other types but these are the ones I'm interested in so they're the ones I know about.

They're usually not valuable without 2 mods. Chayula Breaches are the only exception I'm personally aware of since chay splinters are 1c each.

Breach
PREFIXES:
Additional Breach(es)
Chayula
Breachlord (if it has any of the below suffixes)
SUFFIXES:
Clasped Hand (especially if Chayula)
Additional Splinters (especially if Chayula)
Breach Monster Density (especially if NOT Chayula)

Beyond
PREFIXES:
Beyond Monster drops quantity/rarity)
Abaxoth (maybe... limited to 1 charge means this will really only be purchased for completing challenges)
SUFFIX:
More Beyond Portals

Nemesis
None of the Nemesis prefixes really stand out as particularly valuable, but ANY prefix with a good suffix = $$$
SUFFIX:
Additional Rare Monsters
Rares drop Prismatic Rings

Bloodlines
PREFIX:
Additional Magic Monsters
SUFFIX:
Any (they all give additional monsters)

edit: Take any two-mod leaguestone of the above types into Atziri or other boss maps for some pretty ridiculous returns. I paid 5c each for a beyond/nemesis/bloodline stone like the ones listed above and then did 5 Atziri runs (paid 6c per sac set) and walked out with over 250c worth of loot, about 70-80c of that was luck with boss drops and the rest was just 6l Regalia cards and random currency/rares.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Mar 9, 2017

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I'm the Voidhome

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
If I'm a relatively new player who's decided to drop some money on the game, what are the must-have things from the store for starting out? I know I'm getting a Currency Tab first thing, but is there anything else that's borderline mandatory to grab? Premium tabs to sell stuff?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Aerox posted:

If I'm a relatively new player who's decided to drop some money on the game, what are the must-have things from the store for starting out? I know I'm getting a Currency Tab first thing, but is there anything else that's borderline mandatory to grab? Premium tabs to sell stuff?

yes, premium tabs

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Aerox posted:

Yeah, currency tab and a regular premium tab so you can sell stuff easily. Maybe a large premium tab if you want to sell a lot of stuff. Also not a bad idea to just get a couple extra regular tabs.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

deep dish peat moss posted:

I think people are starting to catch on to what some of the better leaguestones are, so here's the ones I focus on that you can charge 10-15c+ for and get a sale. Note that this requires either no level requirement, an "Above level <x>"requirement or a high "Below level <x>" requirement (I think the highest these go is 73/74). There are tons of great leaguestones of other types but these are the ones I'm interested in so they're the ones I know about.

Not as valuable, but I love the Anarchy mod that makes every Exile drop 6 jewels. Even just as a basic mod 6 jewels is fun but the best part is additional exiles can come from so many sources (map mods, strongbox mods, Vorici missions, etc) that you can really milk it hard. I sadly didn't get any other mods on mine but even so I got 24 jewels from one map at one point (and a couple even good enough to sell though only for a couple chaos).

How's everyone feeling about the Leaguestones game-play wise rather than strictly value? Even if they're actually good, I really find Bloodlines/Nemesis boring as gently caress to run. And Prophecy feels like a complete waste of space - at least Onslaught now gives Quant and Domination gives more mobs that's nice to combo with Beyond or the like, even if I don't like either. Prophecy is just so useless. I know it's got a couple good mods but I still haven't found a magic Prophecy stone and the basic one is the worst. Finally Talisman and Invasion are really not my cup of tea. Essence feels good since it seems I always get 2+ Essences from each monster (which was really rare back in Essence league) although the lack of Remnants of Corruptions is annoying - I've got a tab full of Essences and just found my first Remnant earlier today. Breach and Beyond are clearly the most fun but I like Warbands/Anarchy too. Ambush is whatever. Torment and Tempest feel poo poo and are forgettable as hell. And finally Rampage is okay I guess but I always find myself wanting to run something that gets me more loot rather than just buffs.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I have one currency tab, one premium tab, and around 10 extra normal tabs, all of which were purchased in increments. I'd really recommend a currency tab at minimum, and having even one premium tab to sell stuff from is surprisingly useful.

Insurrectionist posted:

Not as valuable, but I love the Anarchy mod that makes every Exile drop 6 jewels. Even just as a basic mod 6 jewels is fun but the best part is additional exiles can come from so many sources (map mods, strongbox mods, Vorici missions, etc) that you can really milk it hard. I sadly didn't get any other mods on mine but even so I got 24 jewels from one map at one point (and a couple even good enough to sell though only for a couple chaos).

How's everyone feeling about the Leaguestones game-play wise rather than strictly value? Even if they're actually good, I really find Bloodlines/Nemesis boring as gently caress to run. And Prophecy feels like a complete waste of space - at least Onslaught now gives Quant and Domination gives more mobs that's nice to combo with Beyond or the like, even if I don't like either. Prophecy is just so useless. I know it's got a couple good mods but I still haven't found a magic Prophecy stone and the basic one is the worst. Finally Talisman and Invasion are really not my cup of tea. Essence feels good since it seems I always get 2+ Essences from each monster (which was really rare back in Essence league) although the lack of Remnants of Corruptions is annoying - I've got a tab full of Essences and just found my first Remnant earlier today. Breach and Beyond are clearly the most fun but I like Warbands/Anarchy too. Ambush is whatever. Torment and Tempest feel poo poo and are forgettable as hell. And finally Rampage is okay I guess but I always find myself wanting to run something that gets me more loot rather than just buffs.
I love running Beyond/Rampage with pretty much anything else, though Breach and Ambush tend to be the most fun. Gigantic packs of mobs and hundreds of rampage stacks is just a fantastic feeling.

theshim fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Mar 9, 2017

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib

Insurrectionist posted:

In terms of fun, I actually like Talisman, since my Essence Drain Occultist is rocking a 30% to Chaos damage talisman right now. Essence is a favorite, since I love farming up essences. In a rough order:

Always fun: Essence, Perandus, Ambush
A good time: Talisman, Prophecy if it has the Extra Silver mod
Decent for the extra mooks to mash: Bloodlines, Nemesis, Beyond, Invasion
Would rather skip: Breach (almost nothing is as guaranteed a kill as triggering a breach, not even bosses, and typically you don't even get a splinter out of the deal), Tempest, Torment
Boring af: Torment, Rampage

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Nemesis with rare prismatic rings and headhunter is a good time.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
Here's a little Random Build Generator thing if you're feeling bored/stupid.

http://chillershark.com/tools/poecharify/

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone tried indexing currency in their public tabs?

http://currency.poe.trade/shop mentions you can do it without having to leave the client and points to instructions here: http://poe.trade/html/currency-stash-tabs.html

Seems straightforward, except none of my offers ever get indexed. They're in the same tab as items which are indexed in just a few minutes. Do you still need to authenticate with the url or something?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Has anyone tried indexing currency in their public tabs?

http://currency.poe.trade/shop mentions you can do it without having to leave the client and points to instructions here: http://poe.trade/html/currency-stash-tabs.html

Seems straightforward, except none of my offers ever get indexed. They're in the same tab as items which are indexed in just a few minutes. Do you still need to authenticate with the url or something?

i got it to work at one point then gave up because it was easier to just use the manage shop area and turn it off when i ran out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

FillInTheBlank posted:

Here's a little Random Build Generator thing if you're feeling bored/stupid.

http://chillershark.com/tools/poecharify/

This doesn't seem to do much checking on incompatible stuff, sadly.

• Locked thread