Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hah, oh wait, the Patriots are signing Gilmore for that much? Man, Butler should hold out of training camp if he doesn't get traded / an extension

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Ted sign Barwin

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Ehud posted:

One name that keeps coming up for Miami to sign as a guard is Mangold.

AFC East-cest at it's best.

The only question left is who the Bills will sign, if we assume that Hoyer really goes to the Jets.

Kalli posted:

Hah, oh wait, the Patriots are signing Gilmore for that much? Man, Butler should hold out of training camp if he doesn't get traded / an extension

Do you know how much the Patriots offered Butler?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

GaussianCopula posted:

Do you know how much the Patriots offered Butler?

No, what'd they offer him?

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Andey is gonna die next year. :sigh:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Please please please please please

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I am excited re: Desean

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

warcrimes posted:

I could see an incentive laden contract but that's not what AP is expecting. He's looking for a $10m deal. Also, he can't block and doesn't catch the ball out of the backfield, pretty important aspects for a Raiders RB.

Well he's gonna get 4-6, and he's already expressed interest in the Raiders, so he's got no reason to take someone elses 4-6 over ours. And he's not a bad dump off option, but the biggest thing with him is that he is the perfect runner for our offense. A bunch of big nasty lineman and a running back with AP's physicality would make for some very beat up front sevens and secondaries late in the game. Latavius did a decent job of punishing people who tried to make a tackle on him, but AP was in a league of his own in that regard. If he could consistently get popped into the second level, the defense is in for a long day, which opens things up for everyone. But I don't know how imposing AP can still be at his age. I trust his vision and instinct, and he would definitely get holes where he could put those skills to good use. I just don't know how his body will cooperate.

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Mar 9, 2017

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

STOP DOING THIS

https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/839856687989293056

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

for god's sake how are we ever going to have any shot in this division if you all keep making stupid deals like this with them

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Is no interested in trading cooks for Butler tho .

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Ehud posted:

for god's sake how are we ever going to have any shot in this division if you all keep making stupid deals like this with them

Until brady retires it doesn't matter what miami does

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

LOL. Bulter on the open market gets what? A 4th rounder back? And the Saints are gonna trade Cooks for him?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Told you all.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

schweens posted:

Until brady retires it doesn't matter what miami does

it still doesn't help!!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

One name that keeps coming up for Miami to sign as a guard is Mangold.

Totes up for this, assuming he's not broken.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Ehud posted:

it still doesn't help!!

Maybe Goodell will pull a David Stern

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

There is no way the Saints front office is this stupid.

Reviews Saints last few offseasons.

This seems legit.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

My team has a need for both a CB and a WR and I think I'd rather have Butler than Cooks.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

fsif posted:

My team has a need for both a CB and a WR and I think I'd rather have Butler than Cooks.

You also have Sammy Watkins so, uhm, that one need might not be as big as the other?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ehud posted:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I'd rather have two top end corners than one top end corner and a top end receiver on an already stacked offense.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

gently caress :(

Should have franchised him

Expect the offseason to go: Romo goes to Denver, Cutler goes to NYJ, Bouye goes to Titans, Texans pick up some trash off the heap and roll into next season with Osweiler starting

Also :lol: at the whole "Cutler isn't that much better than Osweiler" dumb posts

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cutler on the jets is perfect .

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

GaussianCopula posted:

You also have Sammy Watkins so, uhm, that one need might not be as big as the other?
Obviously you've never seen us start Justin Hunter and Brandon Tate.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/839861001323429888

No loving poo poo

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

No loving poo poo

Yeah, I do not get what the Bengals have been doing. They're not up against the cap, they're not retaining... any of their good free agents. It's off.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Malcolm Butler being sent out of town would be the most "We have no loyalty" move the Patriots have done yet

The dude literally won you a Superbowl with a single tough, smart play

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Kalli posted:

Yeah, I do not get what the Bengals have been doing. They're not up against the cap, they're not retaining... any of their good free agents. It's off.

Regressing to the way Mike Brown has always done business.

Also loving gently caress the god drat saints.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

You can tell how good of a trade the Cooks - Butler one would be by everyone in New England going: Huh, that's a good trade, helps both sides and everyone outside the Pats sphere of influence going: What the gently caress are you doing Saints?

https://twitter.com/JonahTulsNFL/status/839859933717934081

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Rumors the Titans already offered the Saints the 18th pick for Cooks and were turned down. Why would they make that trade?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
OH MY GOD STOP TRADING GOOD PLAYERS TO THE PATRIOTS FOR MEDIOCRE PLAYERS AND LATE ROUND PICKS!!!!!!

I stand by my premise that Dwayne Allen is not a good player and never stays healthy so he doesn't count.

Also pllllleeeeeeaaaaasssseeeee Ballard, please do something good!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Rumors the Titans already offered the Saints the 18th pick for Cooks and were turned down. Why would they make that trade?

its just as likely they're leaking trade rumors to try to get something better from someone else.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kalli posted:

Their MO the past decade was to draft really well and re-sign their key players to under market deals a year before they hit FA. It stops working so well when you miss on a few drafts and underpaid players finally want to actually make their market value in a league where the cap keeps going up by healthy amounts.

They have always been relentless cheap, that hasn't gone away. Now it isn't masked by being the best drafting team in the league year in and year out.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Rumors the Titans already offered the Saints the 18th pick and were turned down. Why would they make that trade?

I think much like the reported Pats offer... it likely wasn't a 1 for 1 trade.

I'd also not be shocked if there's other pieces to this proposed trade.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

mcmagic posted:

LOL. Bulter on the open market gets what? A 4th rounder back? And the Saints are gonna trade Cooks for him?

A first with the tender slapped on him, but I agree he ain't worth that much

Sataere posted:

There is no way the Saints front office is this stupid.

Reviews Saints last few offseasons.

This seems legit.

Haha pretty much

fsif posted:

Yeah, as much as I'd like Amendola replaced, I'm not sure this is the move I'd make

E. But I'm not really down on it either

GonadTheBallbarian fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Mar 9, 2017

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

don't worry the saints are good at these deals

:chloe:

edit: the tweet was deleted :mad:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Ehud posted:

don't worry the saints are good at these deals

https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/s...864310209855489

:chloe:

it's deleted

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Malcolm Butler is a below average corner. I don't know why people keep saying he is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

MrLogan posted:

Malcolm Butler is a below average corner. I don't know why people keep saying he is good.

Because he is a good #1 cornerback. Not top tier, but he's quite good.

• Locked thread