Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
What happened to his eyes? I'm scared...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
What happened to your eyes man?? That's a totes normal thor he just got a new haircut

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

achillesforever6 posted:

Is that the song that uses the Led Zeppelin song

Uh-huh, yeah

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Looking forward to the next Valerian trailer. :f5:

Luc Besson posted:

New trailer in 25 days!!!!!😅
#valerian #badgalriri #caradelevingne #danedehaan

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Mar 9, 2017

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

The placement of that sun is making me laugh like an idiot.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

GrandpaPants posted:

The placement of that sun is making me laugh like an idiot.

Somebody must have been a fan of this Fatboy Slim album.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkqyIoYAXV8

there are still good music video / movie tie ins

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

RBA Starblade posted:

I just looked up the Nick Cave one and lmao

It really is a special kind of terrible, isn't it?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Fried Watermelon posted:

Yeah but it's not this one. Heathens or Sucker for Pain are both better because they do not have Leto in it.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Cara Delevigne has the sleepiest looking face since Tracy McGrady

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Fried Watermelon posted:

Knew exactly what this was before I even clicked on it.

CelticPredator posted:

Yeah but it's not this one. Heathens or Sucker for Pain are both better because they do not have Leto in it.

But neither of those have Skrillex, Rick Ross and the Joker dramatically standing on the front of a boat.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Heathens is a pretty weak track

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah but Leto's lovely Joker isn't in it!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Jared Leto and that performance is about what the Joker deserves as a character. from what I could see (which isn't much cuz I wasn't dumb enough to watch the film) he's a ridiculous dumb cartoony gangster clown man and has a ton of stupid & fake affectations and physical features and imo that's pretty Jokerish so cool.
Heath Ledger was special but ya didn't deserve it and it killed him and stole Michael Shannon's rightful supporting oscar (I still think he should've won anyway yeah I said it)

I know it's trendy to hate Jared Leto now for some reason like it was (unless it still is) with Shia LaBeouf but like, he's a pretty solid actor who's been in some pretty good movies and he deserves more than dumb comic book movies anyway

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Jared Leto was only ever good in Panic Room and I guess My So Called Life.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Other joker actors have managed to elevate the character but it was because they themselves were good actors, not because joker is a good character. Make you take him seriously in spite of just being a gangster clown.

Really joker isn't as good a character as he is a nemesis, sort of like the serial killer in a slasher movie, he should feel unsafe and way too close most of the time. That kind of deal.

It's way too easy to do a lovely job with him or to miss the point, and it was bound to start happening because people can never get enough joker.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Requiem For A Dream.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

ruddiger posted:

Requiem For A Dream.

he's fine but the weakest of the main players, meaning he gets the ignoble distinction of being out-acted by Marlon Wayans.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Marlon Wayans was really good in Requiem for a Dream though

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Marlon Wayans was really good in Requiem for a Dream though

True but the point still stands.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

drat bro, I hope you ain't sneak-dissing Marlon Wayans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTLt2PMA04E

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Fight Club.

It's interesting because he's happy and mischievous before the beat down then you can see he has this hostility to Jack/Tyler after getting his face smashed in. Like he's only there now because Project Mayhem is all he has now.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Young Freud posted:

Fight Club.

I find him to be a complete nonentity in that movie (which granted is kinda the point). Anybody with a pretty face could've played that role.

ruddiger posted:

drat bro, I hope you ain't sneak-dissing Marlon Wayans.

I did just rewatch The Ladykillers which'll do that to you.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

weekly font posted:

One of the Pokemon soundtracks had a bunch of pop-punk and ska on it for some reason.

Digimon actually, it also had Len!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn7zPdizrqk

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Jared Leto and that performance is about what the Joker deserves as a character. from what I could see (which isn't much cuz I wasn't dumb enough to watch the film) he's a ridiculous dumb cartoony gangster clown man and has a ton of stupid & fake affectations and physical features and imo that's pretty Jokerish so cool.
Heath Ledger was special but ya didn't deserve it and it killed him and stole Michael Shannon's rightful supporting oscar (I still think he should've won anyway yeah I said it)

I know it's trendy to hate Jared Leto now for some reason like it was (unless it still is) with Shia LaBeouf but like, he's a pretty solid actor who's been in some pretty good movies and he deserves more than dumb comic book movies anyway

A gangster clown you CAN'T RESPECT

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I think a lot of it has to do with all the pranks and poo poo he pulled to get in character for his performance, so people were expecting something on the level of Heath Ledger's Joker. That and a lot of the advertising hyped him up as a major character.

Then SS actually came out and it turned out he had gently caress all to do with the plot.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I liked him in Lord of War.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
:chome:

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Timby posted:

I liked him in Lord of War.

He plays it way too big and corny in his bottoming out drug addict scenes, but he does have one line reading towards the end that I really like so i'll begrudgingly grant it.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
Leto's pretty fun in American Psycho and hey, his part ends with an axe in his face.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Patrick's outburst is so freaking hilarious in that scene.

"TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW YOU loving STUPID BASTARD!"

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The business card dick-waving contest is the funniest part of American Psycho.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
People talking about the most 90's soundtracks and I didn't see Singles mentioned. That soundtrack was 90's personified.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Thanks now I have to stop what I'm doing and listen to Drown by the Pumpkins.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://youtu.be/jtdev36e6wA

Terrible movie, terrible soundtrack, yep it came from the 90s

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

kiimo posted:

Thanks now I have to stop what I'm doing and listen to Drown by the Pumpkins.

You're welcome.

edit: lol at SFW. My buddy used to own that on VHS and we would watch it at least twice a month when we were teenagers. It spoke to us, man.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i can't seem to find the u2 video which features the blocky lara croft, so here's a consolation prize

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvInYhF9CfE

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Sliver was a terrible movie, but I loved that soundtrack.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Judge Dredd (Stallone) had a surprisingly solid 90's soundtrack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I don't know if it's Oscar-worthy but he's perfectly good in Dallas Buyers Club.

• Locked thread