Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Fullhouse posted:

excuse me Twinkle*Tush, the glittery emblem I hang from my cats tail to cover his butthole, is a legitimate and useful product and the quality of life for me and my pet has vastly improved since I forced him to start wearing it

gently caressshop the pain away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
t halfway through and have to come back and later

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
What are grown up shoes?

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

My [27m] girlfriend [24f] of 2 years is fat and doesn't do anything about it

quote:

My girlfriend has gained 25lb since I met her. She knows it, but fails at correcting it. She will say "OK im going on a diet, I'm only going to eat _____ (apples or whatever) for the next month". She commits for a day and a half, then goes back to her normal diet.
I've tried to limit her consumption of food by controlling the groceries that we buy. This has been semi-effective. Sometimes I'll buy a bag of chips for myself, and she'll finish it the same day. Other times she'll buy herself fast food at work, I can't stop that.
Going to the gym with her has not proven effective. I've tried to show her correct form and I've tried to get her to follow a routine, but she has shown no lasting interest in following my instructions. Instead she'll do her own thing, which is fine, but also very inefficient at accomplishing anything.
Sex has become an issue. I sometimes feign disinterest in sex because I find that I'm not as aroused when I see how flabby her body is. I usually delicately skate around the topic until she loses interest and we go to bed.
What should I do? If she doesn't shape up in within the next 2 months I plan on ending it because if she's 24 and already fat, what will she be like at 30?
tl;dr: Girlfriend has put on weight and does nothing about it, tried to get her to do something about it but nothing has worked. How do I approach this?[/quote

I think she was being sarcastic about the apples thing and this dweeb thought she was being sincere. Comments from OP

[quote]Ya ive talked to her, didnt change a thing. Please don't throw around the word love so lightly, like it some cure to all problems. Obviously if my girlfriend stays fat for the foreseeable future then I wouldn't want to be with her. It's a dealbreaker.

quote:

I haven't told her about my ultimatum. If by buying healthy groceries that is controlling, then I never want to be in a relationship with you.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gaunab posted:

What are grown up shoes?

like don't wear basketball sneakers on the reg you know?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Nazzadan posted:

My [27m] girlfriend [24f] of 2 years is fat and doesn't do anything about it

tapeworms.

next

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I don't blame him. Nobody is obligated to date a fatty.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Leon Einstein posted:

I don't blame him. Nobody is obligated to date a fatty.

Then he should leave. After the first or second time he tried to influence her diet and she continued to ignore it/gain weight he should back off and just leave if it's a dealbreaker for him. Let her get fat without him in her life, he's not obligated to date a fat girl and she isn't obligated to be with someone who resents her (imo bad) choices.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
*deserves

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

My wife (32F) moved out of my (30M) house.

quote:

Hey guys. My wife of 7 years just moved out. She says she just "needs some time". We went through HELL to be together initially, so I honestly never saw it coming. There was no single event, but a combination of small things we never talked about that became a bigger problem than it should be. Have any of you had a "separation period" that actually resulted in a successful relationship?
Edit: per suggestion that I include more details, basically, I work way too much. I work 7 days a week, not for us to be rich, not for us to even be okay, but for us to just skate by. My wife is unwilling to work, which could be fine, but I cannot work like this my whole life and I started to get resentful. The resentment and the sheer stress of all those hours, made me how shall I say have a low libido. So I would end up turning my wife down sometimes when she wanted sex, which in turn made her feel like I did not want her and did not like her.
I don't think my wife is any less beautiful than the day I married her. I just can't work 70 hours a week forever and be horny.
TL;DR;wife moved out. Any chance she comes back?

In another thread started later, they got a divorce, so good for this guy.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
how has nobody brought up dog boxing gloves uyet

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Why sully the innocent joy of dog punching with superfluous frippery?

Some things are sacred.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I work in the pet accessory industry. Gonna steal that idea and be rich kbye

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
amazon doesnt sell boxing gloves for dogs but it does sell shopping carts for birds

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I sympathize with Bad Clothes Man. I have a psychological aversion to spending money on clothes and tend to only wear anything nicer than a sweater on special occasions.

Variety is still nice though.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

zakharov posted:

I sympathize with Bad Clothes Man. I have a psychological aversion to spending money on clothes and tend to only wear anything nicer than a sweater on special occasions.

Variety is still nice though.

I do too but there's still cool stuff to be had in thrift stores or poo poo like that if $ or morality is an issue (H&M has super cheap stuff but there's the unsafe sweat shop conditions in Bangladesh thing if that bothers you).

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

fruit on the bottom posted:

I work in the pet accessory industry. Gonna steal that idea and be rich kbye

Is that code for Petco Associate

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Hell I'll gently caress all the chubby 24 year old girlfriends reddit is too good for, call me

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Pick posted:

That idiot who sells "Rear Gear", the dog butthole covers, is still in business. People love pets and they're loving stupid and terrible with money. They are so god damned stupid they make purchases "ironically" as if it's not real money and doesn't count. go for it.
I kinda agree. "oh my god it's so cute" as your fake videos go up on youtube of dogs heelying around. You'd just need to somehow avoid the bad pr or make them actually work and tolerable to dogs. I'm not sure the latter is possible, but boy a couple of "viral" facebook and youtube videos would do the first part and get you at least a decent number of sales.

I wonder how much money she wanted? It seems like she is not even willing to pursue this business on her own which is another big problem. Husband not on board? I'm going to learn how to engineer a prototype my god drat self.

It's probably a bad idea because it seems expensive and not high profit at all. Probably no profit even if it sees the light of day. The market seems small, excessively small once people realize dogs probably can't rollerskate. I don't get her obsession with the product. No one actually "knows business" to the point of 100% accurately predicting consumer interest in a luxury product with no practical use that isn't even guaranteed to function.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Mar 9, 2017

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Khorne posted:

I kinda agree. "oh my god it's so cute" as your fake videos go up on youtube of dogs heelying around. You'd just need to somehow avoid the bad pr or make them actually work and tolerable to dogs. I'm not sure the latter is possible, but boy a couple of "viral" facebook and youtube videos would do the first part and get you at least a decent number of sales.

I wonder how much money she wanted? It seems like she is not even willing to pursue this business on her own which is another big problem. Husband not on board? I'm going to learn how to engineer a prototype my god drat self.

It's probably a bad idea because it seems expensive and not high profit at all. Probably no profit even if it sees the light of day. The market seems small, excessively small once people realize dogs probably can't rollerskate. I don't get her obsession with the product. No one actually "knows business" to the point of 100% accurately predicting consumer interest in a luxury product with no practical use that isn't even guaranteed to function.

I would be concerned she would never be able to find an investor for dog roller skates, given that dog roller skates are inevitably going to result in many injured dogs and lost lawsuits

seriously though I would love to see that episode of Shark Tank/Dragon's Den/Whatever

"My product is Heelers, the Rollerskates for Dogs!" *dog proceeds to splay it's legs out in all four directions, yelps* "I'm wanting to sell the rights to my product for ten million dollars"

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Mar 9, 2017

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Elsa posted:

Is that code for Petco Associate

Actually we're the ones who make and sell to the retailers. Though not PetCo, incidentally.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
here we loving go again!

My(F25)pregnant sister (f27) is coming to live with me. My BF(m40) wants me to move out and is disgusted with how selfish my sister and her partner are being

quote:

Sorry for the wall of text but the story needs context…

My Sister (27) moved to Africa two years ago. During that time she met, and fell in love with a local, Louis (28). She is now pregnant with their first child, which is due in August. The plan was always that they move back to Australia where Louis will study his masters and bring the child up in Australia

As circumstances would have in, Louis has been unsuccessful in gaining a scholarship in Australia. My sister will be returning to Australia in May- before she gets to pregnant to fly- so she can give birth in a first world hospital. She will be living with me in my family home from May with no clear future of what the future holds for her.

My parents live overseas in Asia and I am lucky enough to live in my family home in Australia with my Boyfriend Chris 40.

The problem is this; Chris does not want to live in the same house as my sister and baby. He believes the child will disrupt his life and he would feel uncomfortable living with others. I can understand this from his point of view. He hasn’t had must family support and hasn’t spoken to any of them in over 20 years. I am basically all he has. He believes that my sister and her partner – who still rely on my parents subsidizing their life style are selfish and Louis should just get a job in Australia to support his family. I’m not sure how this work with visas in Australia. I am also a little scared to ask my sister incase I upset her. If I were in her situation I would be really stressed and I don’t want to add to that.

Chris, therefore wants to move out- with or with out me. I love his company and love our little groove we have going on and will definitely feel depressed if he were to move away.

At the same time, while Louis is coming out of the birth of his son/daughter, he will be returning to Africa, after the birth, where he has a job. This means my sister will rely on me to take over the role as ‘father’. It stresses me out to think if I left with Chris she would be in a home alone with a new born, with out my parents, without her partner.

Chris says that if I choose to stay with my sister I am not putting him as a priority and that shows that I am not invested in our relationship.

I am at the point of tears trying to keep everyone happy. I usually turn to my mother in times like that however I am afraid that I will expose Chris as being cruel in her eyes.

I’m really confused as what to do.

Does any one have any advise for me?

TL;DR I feel I have to stay home to help look after my sister and new born whilst my BF is asking me to move out and is upset with my sisters and her partners ‘selfish’ behaviour

Edit : for context, update

Thank you all for your thoughts and/or advice. I have spent some time reading through your responses

First for all I want to say I love my sister. I would never think of her pregnancy as a poor life choice. It was kind of those situations where it was like 'poo poo I'm pregnant' and then having to do your best from there. I have always looked up to her as being smart (very smart) and level headed. Since becoming pregnant she has closed off to me. She doesn't seem as strong and independent as she has always been. Im confused as I always look to her to give me direction. No one has asked me to take on care of the child after it is born. There is no one else to do it. So I will.

First of all, lets try not to focus on the age difference. We can't help who we fall in love with. It doesn't concern me. Chris doesn't hate children. The main problem here, which I should have mentioned before, is that he works from home. He is concerned his work will be affected by a crying baby. He is emotionally immature. I have always understood that, and since the year we have been dating he has opened up more and trusted more, there is a long way to go. Im not trying to change him. Though people do change in different environments. Im not the same person I was 10 years ago, by being loved and cared for I hope he can develop a better outlook. Chris has never tried to convince me that my sister does not have a right to be in the family home.

However, by reading different points of view here you can see what a situation look like from the outside. Going forward. I would like to open up conversation with my sister to ask her what help she needs from me- does any one have advise on doing this in a delicate way? My thoughts are that I will stay in the family home with my sister and convoke Chris to move out, but some where close. We can all get a bit of space to think about what is important and I have a space to go to when living with my sister and baby gets to hectic.

e: more from op:

My (26f) nana died last night and I am supposed to leave on a trip of a life time tomorrow Morning

quote:

Firstly I am sorry for the spelling and grammar mistakes I am about to make. I'm distressed and in my phone.

My nana died last night of a sudden heart attack. She was a really lovely lady who never said a bad thing about anyone. I love her so much and it hurts that she is gone.

My partner and I have booked a huge holiday that leave tomorrow Morning. This holiday will visit several countries and cost us a lot of money.
If I go I will miss the funeral.

My family are telly me to go because it os what my nana would have wanted. My partner had been good above it all but still desperately wants to go. He doesn't know when he will get time off again

I have travel insurance and it is a good one. I am guessing I would be able to get a lot of the holiday back if I cancelled.

All my family from around the world has dropped every and are flying home.

What do I do.

TL;DR; nana died and I want to go to her funeral but I also don't want to lose the chance of going on huge holiday.

Sisal Two-Step fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Mar 9, 2017

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
e: ahhhh nm I totally misread that

Age difference aside dude is perfectly within his rights to say he doesn't want to live with a relative and their newborn, he's absolutely right that it would be disruptive considering the gf already is expecting to be a surrogate "father."

Also, age difference aside, the gf's family is putting an unreasonable expectation on the gf imo.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Mar 9, 2017

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Sisal Two-Step posted:

here we loving go again!

My(F25)pregnant sister (f27) is coming to live with me. My BF(m40) wants me to move out and is disgusted with how selfish my sister and her partner are being

Emotionally immature at 40. Jesus loving christ, lady, could you try any harder to justify his lovely behavior? You don't write that poo poo off as a quirk, that's a fatal character flaw.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

fruit on the bottom posted:

Actually we're the ones who make and sell to the retailers. Though not PetCo, incidentally.

Ah right sorry. PetCo.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

Mirthless posted:

Emotionally immature at 40. Jesus loving christ, lady, could you try any harder to justify his lovely behavior? You don't write that poo poo off as a quirk, that's a fatal character flaw.

she isn't trying to change him! she's just.... creating an environment of ~love and support~ and he might coincidentally change as a result

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mirthless posted:

Idk man I wouldn't be down for my gf to just go "welp gotta raise this baby now!" That's a huuuuuge life change and he isn't selfish for wanting to bounce.

Sisal Two-Step posted:

she's just.... creating an environment of ~love and support~

lol have you lived with a newborn?

like dudes

quote:

Chris doesn't hate children. The main problem here, which I should have mentioned before, is that he works from home. He is concerned his work will be affected by a crying baby. He is emotionally immature.

that doesn't follow. of course it will affect his work lol, he isn't immature for saying so. She gives no evidence at all of this dude being immature other than she says he is and he doesn't want to help raise someone else's kid and drop all his stuff to do so.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

Moridin920 posted:

Idk man I wouldn't be down for my gf to just go "welp gotta raise this baby now!" That's a huuuuuge life change and he isn't selfish for wanting to bounce.

like dudes

that doesn't follow. of course it will affect his work lol, he isn't immature for saying so. She gives no evidence at all of this dude being immature other than she says he is.

op's own words:

quote:

Im not trying to change him. Though people do change in different environments. Im not the same person I was 10 years ago, by being loved and cared for I hope he can develop a better outlook.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Moridin920 posted:

like dudes

that doesn't follow. of course it will affect his work lol, he isn't immature for saying so. She gives no evidence at all of this dude being immature other than she says he is.

Unless,I am misreading she is living there, not adopting the kid.

Also there is no evidence it will affect his work, we don't even know what he does.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CharlestheHammer posted:

Unless,I am misreading she is living there, not adopting the kid.

Yeah read a bit more carefully imo:

quote:

This means my sister will rely on me to take over the role as ‘father’.

I am at the point of tears trying to keep everyone happy.

TL;DR I feel I have to stay home to help look after my sister and new born whilst my BF is asking me to move out and is upset with my sisters and her partners ‘selfish’ behaviour

Edit : for context, update

No one has asked me to take on care of the child after it is born. There is no one else to do it. So I will.

Sounds like someone used to being the family doormat to me.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Also there is no evidence it will affect his work, we don't even know what he does.

also there's a new born in the same place he has his work space. It will affect his work. That's kind of an absurd point to argue if you know anything about taking care of a newborn imo.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Mar 9, 2017

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Dude's 40. I'm sure he can find his own place to live and work instead of living in his girlfriend's family's home.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nessa posted:

Dude's 40. I'm sure he can find his own place to live and work instead of living in his girlfriend's family's home.

Yeah, so he said "well I'm gonna move out then" and the problem is he wants her to join him and she won't and he thinks she is putting their relationship 2nd for doing that.

without commenting on what OP should do (bc obv family is family), he is right imo. No one even asked her to step in as the 'father' for this child, she's just deciding it needs to be done and is doing it.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Mar 9, 2017

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Khorne posted:

you never run into a dummy trying to act like they think smart people might by doubling down on their 'genius' weed thought and insisting it only fails constantly because their brilliance is being oppressed by the sheeple, instead of like reexamining its fine points and why it's not succeeding

it's not about the stupid dog rollerskates, she can't admit she's wrong because smart people are never wrong

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 9, 2017

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Moridin920 posted:

that doesn't follow. of course it will affect his work lol, he isn't immature for saying so. She gives no evidence at all of this dude being immature other than she says he is and he doesn't want to help raise someone else's kid and drop all his stuff to do so.

I would be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, re: maturity, if he wasn't dating somebody 15 years younger than him

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Mirthless posted:

I would be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, re: maturity, if he wasn't dating somebody 15 years younger than him

It's pretty stupid to stress out your 15-years-younger piece of rear end instead of being chill about it for the sake of the sex.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mirthless posted:

He might be immature, I'm just saying based on what the OP posted there's no real reason to assume that and it's not immature to recognize a situation you don't want to be in and taking steps to avoid it.

Elsa posted:

It's pretty stupid to stress out your 15-years-younger piece of rear end instead of being chill about it for the sake of the sex.

you have very hosed up views on women and sex

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Moridin920 posted:

He might be immature, I'm just saying based on what the OP posted there's no real reason to assume that and it's not immature to recognize a situation you don't want to be in and taking steps to avoid it.

maybe the reason we should assume this is because she says he is emotionally immature and has been since the start of their relationship

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Elsa posted:

:yeah:

*is 30*

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

Yeah, so he said "well I'm gonna move out then" and the problem is he wants her to join him and she won't and he thinks she is putting their relationship 2nd for doing that.

without commenting on what OP should do (bc obv family is family), he is right imo. No one even asked her to step in as the 'father' for this child, she's just deciding it needs to be done and is doing it.

Yeah he is right that she is putting her sister first, as she should. The problem is he is trying to make her feel bad about it instead of supporting her decision like he ought to as a loving partner. He can be supportive and also move out. There are ways to make this situation work for everyone and he is being selfish considering that OP seems to be forced into this arrangment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
If he's in it for anything more that's stupid too. My point is he's stupid.