Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kafka Syrup
Apr 29, 2009
Pauline Hanson 'just a Liberal puppet', One Nation candidate says

Good read all around but...

quote:

At a pre-polling booth for the seat of Wanneroo and other key northern suburbs electorates, Colin Barnett still appeared to have significant support after more than eight years in office.

Despite the state's record debt, Chris and Jeannie Clarke said they would be voting to give Mr Barnett a third term.

"He's run up a bit of a bill," Mr Clarke said.

"But we ran up a bill about 40 years ago when we bought a house and it is paid off now.

"Everybody forgets what the Barnett Government has done in the last couple of terms.

"He's built that magnificent stadium we've got.

"People have got to look at the big picture, not just what is happening today."

Liberal voters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Solemn Sloth posted:

Good size rally against the ABCC in Melbourne led by the CFMEU.

Seems like the Sydney one has good numbers too

John Howard heckled after accidentally walking into union protest
Malcolm Turnbull condemns the ‘thuggish harassment’ of one of his predecessors by CFMEU members rallying in Sydney’s CBD

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

You could not make this poo poo up. If they did it in a TV/movie you'd mock them for being so over the top ridiculous.

Of course, this is also the country which has the :airquote:World Series:airquote:

Zenithe posted:

From a separate source:

quote:

He did concede posting a sign on the door saying the store was closed was not in line with company policy and that had been reiterated with the staff member involved.

gently caress sake 7/11 are poo poo. Staff member gets abused by racist gently caress who they have every right to deny entry to, and they can't help themselves.

7/11 are poo poo and no one should ever work for them given their history. But there are two separate issues here:

1) Racist abusive fuckwit.

2) Employee violating company policy.

Sadly, no matter what their response to the first item, I can't imagine any company ignoring the second.

Shutting the store for an hour and a half? How many customers has the company lost because of that guy doing this? All that :10bux: :ohdear:

The only reason he still has a job is because everyone is still looking at them.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Synthbuttrange posted:

John Howard heckled after accidentally walking into union protest
Malcolm Turnbull condemns the ‘thuggish harassment’ of one of his predecessors by CFMEU members rallying in Sydney’s CBD

https://twitter.com/political_alert/status/839696272453836805

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

https://twitter.com/Qldaah/status/839377441869082625

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
QLD Labor are cheeky fuckers but won't this just drive more votes to ONP dooming us all?

Metal Gear?

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
Roberts keeps delivering

https://twitter.com/inthehansard/status/839704761695797248

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
https://twitter.com/inthehansard/status/839703712918462464

He just keeps trying to show off his immense intellect in front of the committee witnesses but fails everytime.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

That attitude is actually correct, it's just the specifics they apply it to (Colin Barnett and a footy ground) are dumb

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Gorilla Salad posted:

7/11 are poo poo and no one should ever work for them given their history. But there are two separate issues here:

1) Racist abusive fuckwit.

2) Employee violating company policy.

Sadly, no matter what their response to the first item, I can't imagine any company ignoring the second.

Shutting the store for an hour and a half? How many customers has the company lost because of that guy doing this? All that :10bux: :ohdear:

The only reason he still has a job is because everyone is still looking at them.

Is it not too much to ask to not publicly reprimand racially abused people who work for you for pennies in national media?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Zenithe posted:

Is it not too much to ask to not publicly reprimand racially abused people who work for you for pennies in national media?

It most certainly should be, no poor scrub should be publicly berated by their company. Especially after copping a racist tirade.

But the same 'business psychopathy' which leads to companies like 7/11 in the first place also leads them to wanting people to know they never close, no matter how disgustingly lovely their staff are being treated. "Nothing will get in the way of you spending your money with us!"

Please don't take this as any kind of defence of 7/11. It's a depressing commentary on the state of the world, not a justification of their action.

If there was any such thing as universal justice, 7/11 would be out of business and every single person involved in the management and franchising of it would be in jail.

Gorilla Salad posted:

You could not make this poo poo up. If they did it in a TV/movie you'd mock them for being so over the top ridiculous.

But in happier news, an update to the World's Super Most Awesome Health Care Plan Where the Poors Die in the Street by their Millions:

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Mar 9, 2017

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Outspoken senator Jacqui Lambie wants to know how many Muslims are helping protect Australia's borders.

She's also keen to know if any Muslim employees at the Department of Immigration and Border Protection have the authority to reject Christian refugees from coming to Australia.

Wait, is Jacqui Lambie crusading against Australia's mistreatment of refugees by trying to find the Muslim infiltrators in the system? :psyduck:

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Because she's a loving lunatic

Kafka Syrup
Apr 29, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

That attitude is actually correct, it's just the specifics they apply it to (Colin Barnett and a footy ground) are dumb

I agree that its the right attitude, but I'm almost 100% positive if that was a Labor Government and public housing and not Liberals and football stadium, their attitude to DEBBBBBBTTTTT would be very different.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/839944591440670721

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

It's the only thing their last 100 000 readers give a poo poo about.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
For real thats a great track too

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Scotty Doesn't Know (Part II) featuring Iggy Abetz

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-10/morrison-defends-his-ability-ahead-of-may-budget/8342222

quote:

reasurer Scott Morrison has defended his ability to make the Government's economic pitch to voters, saying he is not being sidelined by the Prime Minister. There are concerns inside the Coalition that Mr Morrison's efforts may not be enough to sell the Government's economic policy in the lead-up to the May budget. Government sources said Malcolm Turnbull planned to make a series of keynote speeches over coming weeks to try to form a stronger economic message, but Mr Morrison said that did not mean he was being sidelined. "The Prime Minster is always the chief economic spokesperson for the Government, always has been, always should be," he told the ABC.
lol.

Lets shuffle the deck! Who will be AG? Let me see. Bozzo!? No, too clever. Chuckles!? No, too competent. (etc.)

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-09/malcolm-turnbull-to-take-lead-on-economy-from-treasurer/8341202

quote:

7.30 also understands there will be a Cabinet reshuffle after the budget. Attorney-General George Brandis will move on by June, if not to London as High Commissioner then to another prominent position. Senator Brandis will likely be replaced by Social Services Minister Christian Porter or Employment Minister Michaelia Cash, and his position as Government Leader in the Senate would go to Finance Minister Mathias Cormann.

Joyce eyeing portfolio switch

It is understood Nationals leader and Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce is eyeing a switch to the infrastructure portfolio which would see Nationals deputy Fiona Nash taking on agriculture. The deputy Senate leadership would likely go to Cabinet ministers Mitch Fifield or Simon Birmingham, with the job of Manager of Government Business in the Senate to go to either Scott Ryan or James McGrath — both Turnbull loyalists. Once the budget is bedded down, ministers will be asked to prosecute the Government agenda with greater vigour. Energy policy and schools funding are among issues that remain unresolved — both were to be thrashed out by the Prime Minister and premiers at the Council of Australian Government (COAG) meeting, scheduled for April 21. But 7.30 understands the COAG meeting has been postponed until June.
Chaos! Election Now!

Might as well give her some more press coverage...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-09/pauline-hanson-just-a-liberal-puppet-one-nation-candidate/8338880

quote:

One Nation like 'a dictatorship'

Ms Dodd said her own leader was not being straight with the voters or the candidates. "Don't be so dishonest, don't pretend that you are about something and then go and do deals with the Liberals unless you are going to be upfront and tell your candidates before they join that you are just a Liberal puppet," she said. "It makes me feel as though I have been lied to. [It] makes me feel that the party I have joined is dishonest and their only answer to any criticism is, you are disendorsed, suck it up or leave and you are not working as team. It's very hard to work as a team when you are working in a dictatorship."

Ms Dodd's stance adds to the growing dissent in the party over the preference deal with the Liberal Party. The party's candidate for Kalamunda resigned over the deal last week and another candidate was disendorsed after speaking out publicly against it.
Jawohl mein führer!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I'm sure I've posted the exact same thing before but to view Hanson as an outsider when she's now been a politician for twenty loving years is a hell of a thing.

Same with Lambie, they're not outsiders, they're just politicians who nobody loving voted for so they kept shifting around until they did.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Sydney Morning Homosexual posted:

A Liberal MLA has been accused of handing out how to vote cards for Pauline Hanson's One Nation as early voters cast their ballots in Esperance in Western Australia's south.

Dr Graham Jacobs, who entered parliament in 2005, has represented the electorate of Eyre since 2008 and is standing for re-election in Saturday's ballot.

At a polling station in Esperance, he was spotted handing out his own party's how to vote cards - but also holding One Nation election material.

A witness at the pre-polling station at the Esperance Courthouse, who did not want to be named, said a number of voters were perplexed when he allegedly tried to hand them the One Nation cards.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

This is going to be a fun weekend :allears:

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

MysticalMachineGun posted:

It's ramping up.

https://twitter.com/PatrickPG/status/839954058773348353

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Nothing in the media yet that I can see, but the Australian Unions facebook page just streamed a presser claiming they've had "bombshell" legal advice that the FWC's ruling on penalty rates could have impacts on nursing, teaching and aged and disability carers.

Not sure how accurate/verifiable this is at this stage, but if the media picks it up in time it could have a substantial effect on the results tomorrow.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
"One Nation candidate furious at Party's rank opportunism" is just delicious.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Don Dongington posted:

Nothing in the media yet that I can see, but the Australian Unions facebook page just streamed a presser claiming they've had "bombshell" legal advice that the FWC's ruling on penalty rates could have impacts on nursing, teaching and aged and disability carers.

Not sure how accurate/verifiable this is at this stage, but if the media picks it up in time it could have a substantial effect on the results tomorrow.

I don't think it will matter for tomorrow, the wa electorate has already switched off.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Tomorrow is going to be fukt

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

norp posted:

I don't think it will matter for tomorrow, the wa electorate has already switched off.

Yeah there has been a stupid huge amount of votes cast already because everyone is just sick of it all. Mum went and voted yesterday and apparently the line was snaking out the building and onto the road.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

norp posted:

Whilst a lot of people have already voted early, I'm still seeing a lot of people on community facebook groups looking for opinions on who to vote for since their saviour, Pauline the great, betrayed them by having a political affair with Barnett.

It's going to be interesting.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Bill Leak's dead.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Came to post dis. See you, space cowboy.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/bill-leak-dies-aged-61/news-story/491da24376f792c2e9447d702cebf948

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Good. Apparent heart attack though so not sure if true as he showed no signs of having a heart.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Bogan King posted:

Good. Apparent heart attack though so not sure if true as he showed no signs of having a heart.

He literally had brain damage from a head injury.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Somewhere in Canberra, Gillian Triggs crosses out another line in her notebook.

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY
It was the Lefty CIA in the library with a heart attack gun.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Good.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
A racist shitlord dies, 18c lives. Fair trade.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Somewhere in Canberra, Gillian Triggs crosses out another line in her notebook.

Noice!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
His final masterpiece, the headmaster of a Sydney boy's school with his head cut off.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Does he have a backlog?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Good loving riddance, the only real shame is that his original fall didnt kill him and spare the world his hideous opinions.

• Locked thread