Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The entire aesthetic and style of Binding of Isaac, I just find so off-putting I've never had any desire to play it. I wish that company could make a game not about bloody poop bible fetuses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

anyone else get error code 2813-6688 when they try to redeem an eshop card?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Chernabog posted:

I don't know if I want to get BoI. On one hand I'm pretty close to 100% on Steam. On the other it is a portable BoI with all the dlc.

I ended up playing BoI 3DS a hell of a lot more than PC, so the switch version is probably a given for me.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

trip report: amfilm glass screen protector

first one got 2 nice bubbles in it that i couldn't work out because the glass protectors are too thick to easily push them. it also fit perfectly along the top edge but was maybe 1/8th inch short of the edge on the bottom.

second one got some nice bubbles in it i couldn't get out.

the hori was better.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
All screen protectors are trash

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

baram. posted:

first one got 2 nice bubbles in it that i couldn't work out because the glass protectors are too thick to easily push them. it also fit perfectly along the top edge but was maybe 1/8th inch short of the edge on the bottom.

the hori was better.

Aren't those air permeable so the air bubbles should work themselves out in a few hours?

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

LethalGeek posted:

No business is going to follow up a disaster by making millions upon millions of their next thing expecting that this time they blindly got it right, that's just bad practice. Sony sold an insane amount of PS3s so they could be more confident of selling through 5-10million units of the PS4 or however many they made.

edit: plus they could be double plus confident after seeing how bad Microsoft shot themselves in the foot.

edit; NEVER TRUST WIKIPEDIA

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

parallelodad posted:

Aren't those air permeable so the air bubbles should work themselves out in a few hours?

not according to anything on the amazon listing or the paperwork i skimmed through.

hatty posted:

All screen protectors are trash

this is how i felt but even more trash is scratching up a $300 device when i use it as intended. guess i'll just go dockless until someone makes a worthwhile third party dock for it.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

parallelodad posted:

As someone who's are arriving tomorrow I'd like to know this.

I am so bad at putting screen protectors on.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Are there any 1942 or R-Type type games coming out? I miss those.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm not sure if it's the same brand but when I put one on my iPad there were bubbles and then the next day there weren't any bubbles anymore.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

parallelodad posted:

I'm not sure if it's the same brand but when I put one on my iPad there were bubbles and then the next day there weren't any bubbles anymore.

if that's the case it sure would've been nice for them to say so, that way i wouldn't have trashed them both after getting bubbles. to even get them to move at all i had to apply enough pressure that the screen color was distorting and i wasn't too comfortable with that. the lower one would push out the bottom edge but in 5-10 seconds it'd fill back up with air.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
Everyone stop rubbing it in my face that Dan Ryckert has a Switch.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Did they ever say whether or not loosening the screws in the bottom of the dock was a working fix for the crooked dock issue? Or what that just some guy's wild crackpot theory?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Who is Dan Ryckert and why she's he have a switch? You want I should rough him up a little, boss?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Drunk Tomato posted:

edit; NEVER TRUST WIKIPEDIA

I didn't look at wiki what did I miss? I was kinda spitballing here. Honestly I pay 0 attention to either system cause.. I don't care. Which is why I'm baffled when people come into this thread to trash on something they don't want. Like good for you, go do the things you wanna do :shrug:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tried a friend's pro controller and it's so nice and pairs to PC easily without a dongle like the Wii U needed. I still think I'll wait until a dpad heavy game like Mario Maker comes though. $70 is a little nuts even with the motion stuff inside.

parallelodad posted:

The entire aesthetic and style of Binding of Isaac, I just find so off-putting I've never had any desire to play it. I wish that company could make a game not about bloody poop bible fetuses.

Check out Enter The Gungeon. I think it's coming to Switch soon.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

SeANMcBAY posted:

Tried a friend's pro controller and it's so nice and pairs to PC easily without a dongle like the Wii U needed. I still think I'll wait until a dpad heavy game like Mario Maker comes though. $70 is a little nuts even with the motion stuff inside.

Check out Enter The Gungeon. I think it's coming to Switch soon.

Admission here: I have some weird hangups in games. One being I hate guns, real or toy or virtual, and don't play games where you have to use guns in them unless it's possible to do the whole thing non-lethally​ like in good splinter cell or MGS games. Lasers or bows are OK. Not saying that's rational, is just the way I feel. I'm not even comfortable with the 1-2 Switch Draw minigame.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

parallelodad posted:

Admission here: I have some weird hangups in games. One being I hate guns, real or toy or virtual, and don't play games where you have to use guns in them unless it's possible to do the whole thing non-lethally​ like in good splinter cell or MGS games. Lasers or bows are OK. Not saying that's rational, is just the way I feel. I'm not even comfortable with the 1-2 Switch Draw minigame.

this is the future liberals want

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

So does the pro work in bm0?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Real hurthling! posted:

So does the pro work in bm0?

Not until next week.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Just saw a Switch, BotW, and a 256GB card go for $490 shipped on ebay. That guy just lost money didn't he?

Yes, he lost money. I know for the extra switch and pro controllers I preordered in case there was a shipping issue, to put them on eBay and break even I would have had to sell for $500 + shipping (well, $490 something + shipping). $30 of that was to cover Gamestop's stupid shipping charges to me. So I just sold the Switch locally to another goon and will probably return the Pro Controller to Gamestop if I can't find someone who wants it (I paid $85 after taxes and shipping, so just looking to get $85-90).

So ya, even accounting for that when you add in the sales tax they paid on those items plus PayPal fees, plus eBay fees, plus shipping, they are losing money for sure.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

baram. posted:

the hori was better.

drat, mine just got delivered today. Hopefully I can do without bubbles.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

parallelodad posted:

Seconded. Literally exactly the same game but without all the puerile stuff would be an insta-buy for me.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Whenever you see a good deal on eBay just assume it's stolen

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Whenever you see a good deal on eBay just assume it's stolen

I was going to bet the box is filled with wood.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

parallelodad posted:

Have you basically just been playing Samba de Amigo for the last 10 years?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hey guys i think the switch is good

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Stan Taylor posted:

Man I wish Fast RMX had a demo. It looks cool, but those kinds of games live or die based on ~feel~ for me. I love F-Zero but didn't care for any of the Wipeout games for whatever reason. Videos don't really help either.

:feelsgood:

Its good. I can control it better then fzeros. Can cheange camera angle a good bit which really helps the feels. 2 back is my sweet spot.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

eonwe posted:

hey guys i think the switch is good

same

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

parallelodad posted:

Maybe you should stop playing video game, have a nice cup of tea and seek some therapy.
I'm not being flippant here. That is very unusual.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't think I "get" Zelda. What's the point of the combat nothing drops and the "amazing open world" is just enemy camps???

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

FireMrshlBill posted:

drat, mine just got delivered today. Hopefully I can do without bubbles.

Got mine in today and managed to get it on the first try without any bubbles. I did the trick of running a hot shower while cleaning it off with the provided tools. And I have to admit it looks good on the system.

Had only a single dust particle get trapped, but it on the far right on the black border outside of the game window so meh.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Empress Brosephine posted:

I don't think I "get" Zelda. What's the point of the combat nothing drops and the "amazing open world" is just enemy camps???

Uh, neither of those things are true?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

You haven't found any shrines or korok seeds or cool views or wacky NPCs or sick loot yet?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Killing enemies gets your their body parts for use in elixirs and their weapons. There's much more than just enemy camps, try another direction on the map and go.

Edit: If you're still on the Great Plateau, that's probably why too, that's more of a learner's area. Once you're off of there, there is so much more to the game.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Mar 10, 2017

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The combat has a lot of drops you need for crafting and upgrades as well as weapons and ammo. There's a lot more out there than enemy camps.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've only found like six shrines but no cool npcs or locations,maybe I've just been unlucky.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Killing enemies gets your their body parts for use in elixirs and their weapons. There's much more than just enemy camps, try another direction on the map and go.

Edit: If you're still on the Great Plateau, that's probably why too, that's more of a learner's area. Once you're off of there, there is so much more to the game.

I really like the way that the enemies are often just another obstacle in your path, and combat is often avoidable.

To get to your destination, you might have the option of fighting an enemy camp, or climbing over a mountain range, and both are viable options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I've only found like six shrines but no cool npcs or locations,maybe I've just been unlucky.

try leaving the great plateua for once

• Locked thread