Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Admiral Ray posted:

the gop literally doesn't understand the concept that climate scientists aren't lying to them about what temperature thermometers read. or that we can detect the amount of CO2 in the air or ice cores.

Nah, they understand, they just are getting paid too much to care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

pathetic little tramp posted:

Let's say it does matter, what do you even do? Let's say it's even worse than pissgate, let's say there's a video of Trump on an episode of FakeTaxi with Putin as the driver. "You'll give me the ride for free and I get 20% of Rosneft? Okay let's do this." Let's say it's found out that Russia hacked the results in PA, NC, and FL and we have to replace Rubio, Toomey, and Burr on top of everything else.

How would you even deal with that situation? "Whoops, the election of the most powerful economy on Earth was loving rigged, but hey we're still your reserve currency we swear! We'll swear in Hillary next week and Causescu Trump for you!"

It'd be such an insane clusterfuck that there'd be no way anyone in the FBI or CIA who actually knows would release the info.

impeach, remove, indict, conviction

that's it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ShutteredIn posted:

im starting to wonder. they may be this dumb

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

euphronius posted:

im starting to wonder. they may be this dumb

some of them absolutely are.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

i think, for instance, that rubio honestly does not believe that florida is going to salinate in like 5 years

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
The Midwest being overrun by dopefiends is hilarious

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

euphronius posted:

like i think the gop legit does not understand what insurance is. like its not a cynical ploy

reminder that mike pence, years ago, suggested the government should insure investors against stock market losses, and when told that this would lead to more risky investing, could not understand why. i h I could remember which journalist he said this to, but they're fairly well known.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Perplexing indeed

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Admiral Ray posted:

whoa

how many people live in that county. 15? 30?

edit: i was close it's like 95k.

That's about 85 per person per year for 5 years. assuming only 1/4 of the population used at all, thats about 320 per person per year.

lol, thats a ton of oxygen

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
A human becoming king of the dwarves and a guy named milo striking someone down

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Poor Donny, he got a poo poo job when he only likes piss

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

My friend from high school invited me over to his place like 4 years back while we were in college. He offered me some oxy while I was there and said he had been using it occasionally to get high instead of weed.
We didn't really talk after that since it was college and we found different groups of friends. He was found dead in his car a year later ODed on heroin.
Don't gently caress with opioids, y'all.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Schnorkles posted:

Scalise won't actually say they've got the votes in the house.

It's probably dead in the house, but its definitely dead in the senate.

I hope they think they've got the votes then the Suicide Caucus fucks them at the last minute purely to emphasize how powerless Ryan is. Then they leave him Speaker, just to let him enjoy being an eunuch for the rest of the year.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Junkyard Poodle posted:

That's about 85 per person per year for 5 years. assuming only 1/4 of the population used at all, thats about 320 per person per year.

lol, thats a ton of oxygen

having been up close with this sort of thing, it's probably more like 1/4 uses and they're taking 1 every day that they can afford it + hydros are something else for acute pain.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

"ethan coen of the coen brothers posted:

Dear President Trump:

I ask to be considered for the position of Poet Laureate of the United States.

American poetry should enhance America’s greatness, but let’s be honest, Mr. President: lately the poems have been not so great. The Obama poet laureates were, quite frankly, a disaster. Under their leadership, very weak, much American poetry has failed even to rhyme. That’s like a chicken dinner failing to have chicken. My poetry, on the other hand, always rhymes — and that’s one reason why, when current Poet Laureate Juan Felipe Herrera is deported, I should be considered to replace him.

a sample of his poetry: oh where did your balls go, paul ryan?

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

mormonpartyboat posted:

im getting chicago pizza for dinner

hawaiian style

throw some jalapenos on, they go well with pineapple

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Schnorkles posted:

having been up close with this sort of thing, it's probably more like 1/4 uses and they're taking 1 every day that they can afford it + hydros are something else for acute pain.

its pill mills yo

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
jesus loving christ

This Trump Voter is Torn Between Support for the President and an Obamacare Plan that Saved her Life

quote:

After struggling for years without insurance, the 55-year-old former small-business owner — who has battled diabetes, high blood pressure and two cancers — credits Obamacare with saving her life.

Watson also voted for Donald Trump, believing the businessman would bring change. She dismissed his campaign pledges to scrap the Affordable Care Act as bluster.

Now, as she watches the new president push to kill the law that provided her with a critical lifeline, Watson finds herself among many Trump supporters who must reconcile their votes with worries about the future of their healthcare.

Watson, a proud, salty woman who was uninsurable a few years ago, isn’t ready to renounce Trump. But she’s increasingly frustrated by his vague promises to replace Obamacare with something better.
'being alive or TRUMP? oh man, this is a hard choice'

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Relevant Tangent posted:

gently caress yeah

so do cashews

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

has this thread talked about the best selling book that's Reasons To Vote Democrat followed by 200+ blank pages

It's dumb as hell, but If someone wants to spend $7 on a joke I can't judge. I've spent more money than that on imaginary weapons in online video games I don't play anymore.

At least these people in a few years mighht have some kindling for the apocalypse.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Apraxin posted:

'being alive or TRUMP? oh man, this is a hard choice'

lol you have a child's understanding of life!!!!!

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

I guess that's kind of the hypothetical conclusion i was coming too, about 1 out of 4 people were taking an oxy every day, or maybe 1/12 were taking 3 a day at any given time.

poo poo is bonkers.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/Cavalorn/status/654934442549620736

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

euphronius posted:

watch congress exempt them from tort liability

they're going to eliminate tort liability all together.
tortilla liability is what they're going to call the stacks of tortillas they put under the wooden boxes with strings attached.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Relevant Tangent posted:

tasty on the way in, poops are an experience.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Just like dogs.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

she got dumb cancer

rip

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Hmm. Wish that lady'd die.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Junkyard Poodle posted:

I guess that's kind of the hypothetical conclusion i was coming too, about 1 out of 4 people were taking an oxy every day, or maybe 1/12 were taking 3 a day at any given time.

poo poo is bonkers.

my uncle takes one a day due to chronic pain (carpentry for 40 years isn't the easiest on a body), but really mostly for addiction.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Baloogan posted:

lol you have a child's understanding of life!!!!!

you mean he hasn't gained the knowledge that a world without trump is not a world worth living in?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Relevant Tangent posted:

I hope they think they've got the votes then the Suicide Caucus fucks them at the last minute purely to emphasize how powerless Ryan is. Then they leave him Speaker, just to let him enjoy being an eunuch for the rest of the year.

I should think if Ryan publicly fails to bring his caucus in to pass major legislation that's not a situation that can stand - the GOP has every branch of government right now and even with the Trump shitshow if one of those branches can't function then they'll miss their temporary window to pass all their dream legislation. It was sort of okay in the Obama years if the Republican House Majority was too fractured to reliably pass legislation since they couldn't get legislation signed anyway but that's not something they can ignore anymore and a high profile defeat would put it into the spotlight.

This could either be the Freedom Caucus's best chance to get one of their own into the Speakership by threatening the rest of the Republican party with obstructionism if they're not placated, or lead to some kind of breaking for them if the whole rest of the Republican party comes down on them somehow (Trump and all) for getting in the way.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

it absolutely will, and he will definitely be one of them if it happens in his lifetime

:getin:

if it didn't take the downfall of society to get there, the death of every single person who was preparing for the downfall of society would be a boon to us all

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

ur tellin peeps to read bud.

thats educationist!~

the terrible poster posts w/o reading
the p deece poster posts and reads
the enlightened poster posts w/o reading

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

nachos posted:

oh word?

lmao maybe give the bill a name that doesn't sound like the Aldi's brand name for a health care bill

but hey its trumpcare forever and its a disaster haha

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

If she thought his repeal Obamacare promise was bullshit, why the gently caress did she vote for him?
"He's just trying to get votes by saying he'll repeal Obamacare, but he'll SURELY build that wall."

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

so who are laker? nicks? who is lebron?

lol hon play with the balls u good wif

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

TwoStepBoog posted:

If she thought his repeal Obamacare promise was bullshit, why the gently caress did she vote for him?
"He's just trying to get votes by saying he'll repeal Obamacare, but he'll SURELY build that wall."

because shes a racist idiot

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I mean nominally the whole deal with the devil the Republicans are engaged in with Trump is so they can repeal all the entitlements they hate, pass big tax breaks on the wealthy, all the usual Republican stuff - if their own House members are going to blow up that agenda then what's the point of making nice with Trump?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

ShutteredIn posted:

its been pulled into the political realm so to a lot of people factual reality matters less than the social/team aspects of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

Trump's entire theoretical appeal was based on him being a straight-shooter who punctured the sanctimonious lies of career politicians

Why the gently caress would a Trump supporter think he was just bluffing about his explicitly-stated campaign promises

• Locked thread