Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Junkyard Poodle posted:

tasty on the way in, poops are an experience.

look, i eat ghost peppers on the regular. my bowels could forge the one ring.

I almost don't want to put an ed balls here, but tradition demands it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Admiral Ray posted:

my uncle takes one a day due to chronic pain (carpentry for 40 years isn't the easiest on a body), but really mostly for addiction.

how long has he been riding the train? I'm sure a ton of people started with legit reason, or at least doctor ok'd, but then the withdrawal pain was what they were using the oxy to treat. like you said, addiction.

in other news, trump is our president and we are f'd in the a.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

euphronius posted:

because shes a racist idiot

Fair point

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Relevant Tangent posted:

i bet the boys at the club love your iron forged anus, I'm hella jelly

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Relevant Tangent posted:

nobody hates the troops more than veterans. they've got experience.

dont forget the gip motto: gently caress you if you're still in

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
democracy was a mistake

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Dolash posted:

I should think if Ryan publicly fails to bring his caucus in to pass major legislation that's not a situation that can stand - the GOP has every branch of government right now and even with the Trump shitshow if one of those branches can't function then they'll miss their temporary window to pass all their dream legislation. It was sort of okay in the Obama years if the Republican House Majority was too fractured to reliably pass legislation since they couldn't get legislation signed anyway but that's not something they can ignore anymore and a high profile defeat would put it into the spotlight.

This could either be the Freedom Caucus's best chance to get one of their own into the Speakership by threatening the rest of the Republican party with obstructionism if they're not placated, or lead to some kind of breaking for them if the whole rest of the Republican party comes down on them somehow (Trump and all) for getting in the way.

They'll just blame Democrats and keep on keeping on. They don't know how to govern and they're not going to be brought to heel by Trump of all people.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

it's because they thought Hillary would win too

:yossame:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

TheWeepingHorse posted:

Trump's entire theoretical appeal was based on him being a straight-shooter who punctured the sanctimonious lies of career politicians

Why the gently caress would a Trump supporter think he was just bluffing about his explicitly-stated campaign promises

he's so bafflingly shallow that people see whatever they want in him.

also, easily conned morons.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Junkyard Poodle posted:

how long has he been riding the train? I'm sure a ton of people started with legit reason, or at least doctor ok'd, but then the withdrawal pain was what they were using the oxy to treat. like you said, addiction.

in other news, trump is our president and we are f'd in the a.

7 years? 10? I dunno anymore, but fuckin' long. he still has legit chronic pain, too, but once you get acclimated to the drug it stops being as effective. he keeps it at one a day because he has too many other addictions, already, like alcohol and cigarettes.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

jfc

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

logikv9 posted:

democracy was a mistake

:agreed:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Relevant Tangent posted:

eat more cumin. eat like a tablespoon of cumin for every meal.

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

Junkyard Poodle posted:

That's about 85 per person per year for 5 years. assuming only 1/4 of the population used at all, thats about 320 per person per year.

lol, thats a ton of oxygen

keep in mind that cabell county contains the only major hospitals that serve a large portion of southwest WV, SE ohio, and also eastern kentucky

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

yeah

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/839998526352457728

heh

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I like how now and again someone swings by the thread with a (understandable) viewpoint of "hey uh aren't you bit harsh on these people"

and then inevitably the next day we get "trump voter upset that trump is doing the things he said he would, thought it would only happen to minorities"

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

trump turm trpump trump trUMP!!!!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
That wall was really tempting I was hoping it would take 7.9 years to build so he wouldn't get to the obamacare part

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Leviathan posted:

keep in mind that cabell county contains the only major hospitals that serve a large portion of southwest WV and also eastern kentucky

hospitals fill their own scripts, right

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Admiral Ray posted:

7 years? 10? I dunno anymore, but fuckin' long. he still has legit chronic pain, too, but once you get acclimated to the drug it stops being as effective. he keeps it at one a day because he has too many other addictions, already, like alcohol and cigarettes.

that's rough man. i couldn't imagine unwinding that with legit chronic pain. Dudes like him might actually need it and will just be casualties in the crack down.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Relevant Tangent posted:

They'll just blame Democrats and keep on keeping on. They don't know how to govern and they're not going to be brought to heel by Trump of all people.

I guess it'll come as a relief to the rest of us to discover that even when given complete power the Republican Party will just Three Stooges their way into loving up and failing to get anything done. Satisfying, even, to think of how much dignity they had to sacrifice bending the knee to the Cheeto Benito and he's finally ready to sit in the White House and scrawl his name on whatever they give him, and it was all for nothing.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

logikv9 posted:

That wall was really tempting I was hoping it would take 7.9 years to build so he wouldn't get to the obamacare part

the wall has become a fun arts & crafts project

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

reminder that mike pence, years ago, suggested the government should insure investors against stock market losses, and when told that this would lead to more risky investing, could not understand why. i h I could remember which journalist he said this to, but they're fairly well known.

here we go

https://thinkprogress.org/mike-pence-2d484a554a54#.khk2wgegb

quote:

His idea was that the government ought to reassure people about the risks of losses under a privatization plan by having the government guarantee a minimum annuity level pegged to what’s promised under current law. This plan would, according to Pence, save money relative to current law because most people’s stock/bond portfolio would outperform the level needed to provide such an annuity, so the government would only need to kick in for a minority of people. I said I thought this would create a moral hazard problem for bad investors. He had no idea what I was talking about. Seemed unfamiliar with the term. Then I tried to explain it to him, I said that if the government guaranteed to bail you out in case of losses, then investors would make riskier investments and the number of people who need bailing out would rise. He just flat-out denied this, said the presence or absence of a guaranteed bailout would have no impact on investor behavior. He seemed unaware that some portfolios are riskier than others, or that higher average rates of return are associated with greater risk taking. He didn’t know anything at all, in short, about investing, financial markets, or, seemingly, the basic terms of public policy. And yet there he was speaking on the topic at Heritage. He’s a total fraud.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
This wasn't supposed to happen to me says voter who voted for things to matter

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

mormonpartyboat posted:

im getting chicago pizza for dinner

hawaiian style

wtf

hawaii isnt it chicago!!!!!!!!!!!! :rowdytrout:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yinlock posted:

I like how now and again someone swings by the thread with a (understandable) viewpoint of "hey uh aren't you bit harsh on these people"

and then inevitably the next day we get "trump voter upset that trump is doing the things he said he would, thought it would only happen to minorities"

im basically at white people should not vote ever again.

Maybe just white men.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

logikv9 posted:

Gotta wait for Mexico to send the check

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Baloogan posted:

lol you have a child's understanding of life!!!!!

hey you didn't finish transcribing Alex Jones dues exe

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Yinlock posted:

the wall has become a fun arts & crafts project

barron made a wall out of spaghetti and elmers glue. mexico still wont pay for it

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Dolash posted:

I should think if Ryan publicly fails to bring his caucus in to pass major legislation that's not a situation that can stand - the GOP has every branch of government right now and even with the Trump shitshow if one of those branches can't function then they'll miss their temporary window to pass all their dream legislation. It was sort of okay in the Obama years if the Republican House Majority was too fractured to reliably pass legislation since they couldn't get legislation signed anyway but that's not something they can ignore anymore and a high profile defeat would put it into the spotlight.

This could either be the Freedom Caucus's best chance to get one of their own into the Speakership by threatening the rest of the Republican party with obstructionism if they're not placated, or lead to some kind of breaking for them if the whole rest of the Republican party comes down on them somehow (Trump and all) for getting in the way.

How would the Republicans punish them though? They've removed most of the legislative carrots and sticks that the House leadership used to be able to use to cajole cooperation and they have no hope of securing enough support from across the aisle to bypass the Freedom Caucus so they don't have direct leverage. They also can't punish them when elections roll around because changes in financing means that Freedom Caucus members aren't dependent on the party for fundraising, and their restive base is wayyyyyy more likely punish mainline Republicans for being ineffectual 'RINOs' than members of the Freedom Caucus when primaries roll around.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Leviathan posted:

keep in mind that cabell county contains the only major hospitals that serve a large portion of southwest WV, SE ohio, and also eastern kentucky

huh, how many people is that total? maybe the numbers are more realistic. just is a poo poo ton of nominal numbers.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Squizzle posted:

wtf

hawaii isnt it chicago!!!!!!!!!!!! :rowdytrout:

the collapse of borders was a consequence of the time of non-mattering

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Admiral Ray posted:

eat more cumin. eat like a tablespoon of cumin for every meal.

i eat cum, so i'm over half way there

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

OMG huh. Hrm. OMG. Oh, my, god. Hrmmmmmm...

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Solarin posted:

hey you didn't finish transcribing Alex Jones dues exe

lol u finish it haha

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
wonder how much of the opioid crisis is caused by oxycontin

"These pills say on the package that they last 12 hours and pharmaceutical companies NEVER lie, so if the pain comes back before that, it just means your dose is too small. Here, I'll prescribe you quadruple the dose you had, but continue to take them in 12 hour intervals because that's what the usage guidelines are"

http://www.latimes.com/projects/oxycontin-part1/

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lol @ a gop winning a state wide election in ca

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

kind of harsh, snickers

• Locked thread