Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I haven't gotten to that quest yet, but apparently someone at the Dueling Peaks stable can tell you if the moon that night will be a blood moon or something? From what I've read of everyone in here, you just actually have to wait by sitting at fires

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

It seems the more camps cleared the faster it comes. Go genocide the great planes and try waiting again.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Fedule posted:

Oh my god

Please

Someone tell me what I need to do to get a Blood Moon to happen so I can finish "Under the Red Moon".

I thought I could force it by sitting at a fire repeatedly but apparently nope? It's been forty nights. The actual phases of the actual moon don't take this long. If I have to listen to Kass's theme much longer I am going to have some sort of psychotic episode.

Couldn't you just play normally waiting for it to trigger, then fast travel as soon as one starts?

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Moltrey posted:

I haven't gotten to that quest yet, but apparently someone at the Dueling Peaks stable can tell you if the moon that night will be a blood moon or something? From what I've read of everyone in here, you just actually have to wait by sitting at fires

Well that's cool but that just kinda abstracts the problem from camping repeatedly at Washa's Bluff to camping repeatedly at Duelling Peaks soooo...

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Where do you have to hit Farosh to get a horn shard? I hit him right smack on the horn and still got a scale.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Harrow posted:

Where do you have to hit Farosh to get a horn shard? I hit him right smack on the horn and still got a scale.

I find the best place to attack him from is atop the bridge tower on the south side. He'll fly right past it and give you a clean shot at his horn if you jump and glide out. Make sure you aim for the tip of his horn, or the loving thing will land on his face instead and despawn :negative:.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
It's a shame there isn't separate cosmetic armor slots. I look goofy wearing the Champion's Tunic along with the soldier's pants and helmet.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Got the stealth mask, did a shrine, got to Prince Sidon. All in all, a decent session.

It may seem weird, but if I play for too long at any time, I get a mite bit stressed, so I have to ration my time and take breaks. Probably just the whole survival in the open world thing plus me still getting used to dodges and parries, making battles a bit rough.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I find the best place to attack him from is atop the bridge tower on the south side. He'll fly right past it and give you a clean shot at his horn if you jump and glide out. Make sure you aim for the tip of his horn, or the loving thing will land on his face instead and despawn :negative:.

I'll try that. What time does he usually come by the tower? I found him there once but I've camped a few more times and he isn't showing up again.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Can someone vaguely spoil where the Zora stuff kicks off at on the map? I found a couple of NPCs saying Sidon was over by a bridge or something, got distracted on the way there and totally forgot, and as far I as I can tell it's not in my quests?? Thank you!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Harrow posted:

I'll try that. What time does he usually come by the tower? I found him there once but I've camped a few more times and he isn't showing up again.

He generally flies past at about 3am or thereabouts.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How the gently caress do I beat the Minotaur thing on top of the mountain near Zora's Domain? This is my first dungeon area so I am pretty weak still.

It took me a couple of tries but I beat him by just focusing entirely on Flurry attacks.

When he bull chargers you, dodge to the left. When he charges with the sword, dodge backwards. When he comes up for normal sword swings, dodge backwards. Sidestrafe to avoid fireballs and stay out of the water if he pulls out his bow.

Still used a bunch of food and weapons/shields and a fairy or two.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Maybe this is purely by chance, but everytime I have warped to the Faron tower and gone east towards that area of wateralls, Farosh has always been ther

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

Can someone vaguely spoil where the Zora stuff kicks off at on the map? I found a couple of NPCs saying Sidon was over by a bridge or something, got distracted on the way there and totally forgot, and as far I as I can tell it's not in my quests?? Thank you!
You'll meet Sidon face to face at Inogo Bridge. If you have your map for the area unlocked, you won't miss him by just following the laid out path to Zora's Domain

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

He generally flies past at about 3am or thereabouts.

I wish campfires let you rest until midnight :negative:

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
To the guy that said there was a completion percentage on the map. You sure you're not mistaking it for temperature?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Fedule posted:

Well that's cool but that just kinda abstracts the problem from camping repeatedly at Washa's Bluff to camping repeatedly at Duelling Peaks soooo...

Possibly just a coincidence but after camping for loving forever I went off, did a bunch of poo poo, and then when I came back he said there'd be one that night. Probably just clearing out more camps like that other poster said.

DarthBlingBling posted:

To the guy that said there was a completion percentage on the map. You sure you're not mistaking it for temperature?

I've seen a picture with one but don't have it. Possibly comes after beating Ganon?

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
There is now officially one puzzle in this game I am 100% willing to call bullshit on. Goron Spoilers; I was at my wits end for literally hours trying to figure out how to rescue Yunobo from the Abandoned North Mines. I knew how to fire the cannons, but I could not figure out that you had to aim them by hitting the lever with a weapon, because nobody loving tells you this, and at no other point in the game do you have to do this. The lever is mentioned exactly ONCE by a single NPC near the cannons and it is a line that he will not repeat under any circumstances. He tells you not to touch the lever. And the thing is, I heard what he was saying. I tried to touch the lever. I tried pushing the lever, I tried pulling the lever. I tried Magnesis. I tried Stasis. I detonated bombs next to the lever. I even pulled out Cryonis just because I was completely loving lost and had nothing left to resort to. I went back and spoke to every NPC I could find. Nobody mentions a loving lever. At no other point in this game is there a lever that you have to hit with a weapon in order to operate. So yeah, sorry Nintendo, but that is Bullshit™. At the very least, you should be able to Stasis the lever so at least people realize it's a Thing You Can Hit.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Inverness posted:

It's a shame there isn't separate cosmetic armor slots. I look goofy wearing the Champion's Tunic along with the soldier's pants and helmet.

A true Dark Souls Zelda player knows that fashion is the most important stat.

The gerudo pants provide literally no benefit, have the lowest possible defense, and can't be upgraded. I still wear them because they look too drat good.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
If you're feeling smug about finding out the remote bomb type are on separate cooldown timers and can be used together, be aware Nintendo knows it too and a Shrine uses this fact.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Aww just had my favourite blood moon ever - while wood farming at Rito Stable :)

and then another one 6 hours later. these were 7pm and 1am. this blood moon system is officially bugged, right? Certain it's only meant to be at midnight.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Spergatory posted:

There is now officially one puzzle in this game I am 100% willing to call bullshit on. Goron Spoilers; I was at my wits end for literally hours trying to figure out how to rescue Yunobo from the Abandoned North Mines. I knew how to fire the cannons, but I could not figure out that you had to aim them by hitting the lever with a weapon, because nobody loving tells you this, and at no other point in the game do you have to do this. The lever is mentioned exactly ONCE by a single NPC near the cannons and it is a line that he will not repeat under any circumstances. He tells you not to touch the lever. And the thing is, I heard what he was saying. I tried to touch the lever. I tried pushing the lever, I tried pulling the lever. I tried Magnesis. I tried Stasis. I detonated bombs next to the lever. I even pulled out Cryonis just because I was completely loving lost and had nothing left to resort to. I went back and spoke to every NPC I could find. Nobody mentions a loving lever. At no other point in this game is there a lever that you have to hit with a weapon in order to operate. So yeah, sorry Nintendo, but that is Bullshit™. At the very least, you should be able to Stasis the lever so at least people realize it's a Thing You Can Hit.

Fitting username

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

Straight East yo.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

snoremac posted:

Can you hunt koroks with the Sheikah Slate or do you have to find them blind? Because that would be agonizing once you hit the final stretch. It wouldn't even be easy to look up which ones you've missed since the hell if I could remember where I found 850+ koroks!

850 :wtc: Seriously? Jesus, that's a lot of Koroks.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Any tips on defeating Thunderblight Ganon in the Desert Dungeon? I do fine on his phase, and managed to get rid of his second phase attack, but the lightning sword just makes everything I use get knocked away due to the shock.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

Fitting username

Thanks, I picked it myself.

To put it another way: every other switch in the entire game will respond to other forms of being hit. In a game where you have to Do A Violence in order to operate switches, all the other switches accept multiple forms of violence. But not these. These, you have to hit with a weapon. No other force will move it, and that's kinda bullshit. The spirit of the game, generally speaking, seems to be that there are multiple solutions to pretty much every problem. But not here. Here, there is only one answer, and the game doesn't even do you the courtesy of hinting at what that might be. It makes no sense.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rirse posted:

Any tips on defeating Thunderblight Ganon in the Desert Dungeon? I do fine on his phase, and managed to get rid of his second phase attack, but the lightning sword just makes everything I use get knocked away due to the shock.

Flurry attacks. Let him zip towards you and just backflip.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I was going to ask, "Is there a stronger version of the Lightning Rod?" Because I've never seen it. I know the Fire and Ice Rods have the Meteor and Blizzard versions but I had never seen a stronger Lightning Rod, and I just found it. I also found a place to get all 3 in the same area if anyone wants, on the map East of Hyrule Castle in Crenel Hills there's 3 remains of giant trees, in each one is a Wizzrobe each one having a Meteor, Blizzard and Thunderstorm Rod.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

*in Mipha voice* Mastodon...

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone know where I can find a Frostspear for annoying weapon kid

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

do you think the koroks favourite song is korokodile rock

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

alf_pogs posted:

:frogout:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

alf_pogs posted:

I figured it was Korok Around the Clock.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I figured it was Korok Around the Clock.

given nintendos lust for wordplay character names i am appalled there isnt a king koroktacus holding court somewhere

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Akkala Citadel Tower

"Okay, it's been raining for four segments straight no matter where in Hyrule I go. I've been doing other stuff to pass the time, I got 7 hearts, the rain is ending in three... two... one... GOGOGOGO!"

"There, I made it up here past the helicopter robots! I... What's that all over the tower-A loving Lightning storm out of nowhere? Really? Well, at least I'm not wearing anything made of metal-" Lightning strike to the skull through pure random chance nearly sends me back off the mountain.

Hyrule hates me :saddowns: Show me a sign it doesn't.

Overhang protected cooking fire. Chest with 5 bomb arrows.

:swoon:

But seriously though. I wish the weather forecast bar would not decide to wildly change it's mind as I travel. No wizrobes involved

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
I kept getting load tips that said, "Bokoblins are omnivores, they like to eat meat, but also fruit."
And I said "Why are they telling me this? Every other tip is useful."

I rolled an apple down a hill. Yes, you can bait monsters with food. Does anyone have any tips on how to make that useful? Not being able to throw food seems to limit the applications.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

DalaranJ posted:

I kept getting load tips that said, "Bokoblins are omnivores, they like to eat meat, but also fruit."

I rolled an apple down a hill. Yes, you can bait monsters with food. Does anyone have any tips on how to make that useful? Not being able to throw food seems to limit the applications.

You can throw food pretty far if you press down on the dpad while holding it.

Alternatively, stasis or magnesis to float it on something.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

DalaranJ posted:

Attach your bait to a Octorok Balloon and use a Korok Leaf to float it over.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Attach your bait to a Octorok Balloon and use a Korok Leaf to float it over.

... Does this actually work?

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've had two blood moons during the same night. I have multiple blood moons during the day. I'm swimming in blood moons.

Haven't found the blood moon shrine quest yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

... Does this actually work?

I've only used it on bombs, never with food, but it should be the same, I would hope.