Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Good. It's definitely a need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

So...uhh 1000 new posts. I know a lot of it is probably the Brock trade, but is there a good place to see a summary of everything that went down today?

LOl the bears and panthers

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

swickles posted:

So...uhh 1000 new posts. I know a lot of it is probably the Brock trade, but is there a good place to see a summary of everything that went down today?

Yeah mostly. The NFL's free agency tracker works ok I guess, go to recent activity and you can glance through. Someone might have a better one.

For you personally Landry Jones is still a Steeler, phew!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

swickles posted:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/transactions/

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Brandon Williams is cool but man that's a lot of money.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
After these last few years, this FA is boring

https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/840021252303663108

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
If that's what Dion Sims is worth, I'm a-ok with Julius Thomas for basically the same.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

swickles posted:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

sharknado slashfic posted:

Brandon Williams is cool but man that's a lot of money.

It really is but I'm fine with it. He's a very good player but an even better dude. I was sort of hoping for a reunion with Torrey even though it would make zero football sense.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blitz7x posted:

After these last few years, this FA is boring

https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/840021252303663108

for real. we must have a lot more money bookmarked for future deals than i thought.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
You guys should be celebrating. This is what a competent franchise looks like.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

You guys should be celebrating. This is what a competent franchise looks like.

I'm still learning how to be a competent fan tbh

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Titans must be saving up for Mariota's, Lewan's and Conklin's future deals. Those 3 are gonna be big ones.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Titans must be saving up for Mariota's, Lewan's and Conklin's future deals. Those 3 are gonna be big ones.

They've got like 2 to 4 years to worry about them.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

swickles posted:

Also the Redskins are the new most dysfunctional franchise in the NFL and deserve your ridicule.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

wandler20 posted:

They've got like 2 to 4 years to worry about them.

Mariota's and Lewan's are up after next year I thought.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blitz7x posted:

I'm still learning how to be a competent fan tbh

yeah this is all uncharted for me

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Mariota's and Lewan's are up after next year I thought.

Spotrac shows Mariota as UFA in 2020, but with no data for 2019, so I assume he'd be a RFA after the 2018 season. Lewan's the same but subtract one year from each of Mariota's years, so (I know nothing about the Titans front office) I guess Lewan's gonna get paid this year?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It really is but I'm fine with it. He's a very good player but an even better dude. I was sort of hoping for a reunion with Torrey even though it would make zero football sense.

I'm glad to have him back, but with all our cap issues and dead money I worry about handing out a <highest paid player in the league at position> contract.

Volkerball posted:

yeah this is all uncharted for me

Just think, if this keeps up you'll be able to enjoy losing to the Pats and Steelers in the playoffs like the rest of us.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Just think, if this keeps up you'll be able to enjoy losing to the Pats and Steelers in the playoffs like the rest of us.

Or the team limps into the playoffs to get wrecked by the Osweiler-led Texans while I leave the stadium at the end of the third

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a patagonian cavy posted:

Spotrac shows Mariota as UFA in 2020, but with no data for 2019, so I assume he'd be a RFA after the 2018 season. Lewan's the same but subtract one year from each of Mariota's years, so (I know nothing about the Titans front office) I guess Lewan's gonna get paid this year?

I think that's typically how it looks with the fifth year team option on first round picks. He's a Titan through 2019 barring some catastrophe, although they might go ahead and lock him up long term before the 2019 season.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

I'm glad to have him back, but with all our cap issues and dead money I worry about handing out a <highest paid player in the league at position> contract.

With the massive jumps in the salary cap over the last few years, players getting bigger contracts than ever is catching up to the cap. Homegrown talent wins more football games than veteran free agents, and this has been true since the 1970s

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

we bargain hunting now

https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status/840047156601925632

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Good for Nate. He'd have some good games and some...not great games

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I picture a pod of dolphins lurking around a pentagram at team headquarters, invoking the spirit of Nate Allen. That or a judge ordering him to appear there.

Who in the world would use summon in a headline like that?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Where is the Romo release

Oh god the Texans are going to have to roll with Savage

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Intruder posted:

Where is the Romo release

Oh god the Texans are going to have to roll with Savage

There's always Cutler

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Tavarin posted:

There's always Cutler

Cutler will no doubt give the Texans the finger and sign with a worse team for more money and a carton of American Spirits

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Cutler signing somewhere out of spite is the most Cutler move possible.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

CharlestheHammer posted:

Cutler signing somewhere out of spite is the most Cutler move possible.

Spite requires emotional conviction

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
TITS GOT A CORNER

LOGAN RYAN HELL YEAH

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/840060671530323969

Well he did throw 14 interceptions in just 6 starts, that's certainly impressive.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Metapod posted:

TITS GOT A CORNER

LOGAN RYAN HELL YEAH

sounds like the breast player available

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Benne posted:

Well he did throw 14 interceptions in just 6 starts, that's certainly impressive.

Oh what the gently caress

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Blitz7x posted:

Good for Nate. He'd have some good games and some...not great games

He did a great job filling in for Karl Joseph late in the season. I really wanted to keep him for depth. Along with McGee. And Trawick. bleh.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Benne posted:

49ers got their starter

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

I was doing some research earlier and it turns out that if you sign less players than the amount that leave for lucrative contracts with other teams you get these free draft picks called compensatory picks

wild

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i am going to be so disappointed if cutler is not a jet

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

With the massive jumps in the salary cap over the last few years, players getting bigger contracts than ever is catching up to the cap. Homegrown talent wins more football games than veteran free agents, and this has been true since the 1970s

I'm not advocating signing a bunch of free agents and winning the offseason, that road leads to the Redskins. I'm just a bit leery of tying up that much money in a player that sees the field for something like 60% of snaps in an average game when we have glaring holes at corner, pass rush, and wr (and maybe te although we have a dozen of them), and now rt although I suspect they can find one in the draft or the normal Ozzie Special of value vet player in the June 1st cuts. Of course the terms of the contract haven't come out yet that I've seen so we'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Hopefully Matt Barkley doesn't tank another chance at a number one pick.

• Locked thread