Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?

bring back old gbs posted:

this gets messy because its all about cut depth. did you cut so deep the bun wraps almost entirely around? because now youre in fajita territory and thats a looooooooong way from home, gringo

We're not doing this, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Loser_Rex posted:

We're not doing this, please.

WE'RE DOIN IT

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Rhyno posted:

WE'RE DOIN IT

WE'RE DRAWING IT

Someone else please draw it I have no artist talent.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Yakmouth posted:

I still hope the season ends with a more explicit tie-in. The Darkhold is too big business to trust to the government and I want to see Marvel's Men in Black get visited by the Men in Cloaks.

This will never happen, but my dream is to have the stinger for the episode where they're done with the darkhold just be Coulson talking to Wong. Just like when Strange first meets Wong, Coulson is trying to be funny and Wong is just stonewalling him until Phil hands over the book.

fake edit: Flash-pants made of GOES FAST are a sandwich.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

A hot dog bun is one piece.

This is going to be really upsetting for Luffy to realize

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Do you cut the bun on the side or on top?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Mraagvpeine posted:

Do you cut the bun on the side or on top?

Which is the side and which is the top?

Also, who buys hotdog buns that are not already cut?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

-oblig

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

So not to divert from the hot dog thing, which is a very productive discussion that should continue, but...

Whatever happened to Joey? Isn't he like the perfect anti-LMD powered person?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

As I recall he decided he wasn't made for the spy life when he had to kill someone or something.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Keshik posted:

So not to divert from the hot dog thing, which is a very productive discussion that should continue, but...

Whatever happened to Joey? Isn't he like the perfect anti-LMD powered person?

I don't think any real reason was provided within the show, but his career kind of took off with the Netflix show Narcos.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

biracial bear for uncut posted:

An uncut hot dog bun isn't a hotdog bun at all, it's a small loaf of bread.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Sorry, I worded that wrong. What I meant to say is do people prefer buns where the opening is on the side, like this:

or where the opening is on top like here:

But then you also have rolls, which are opened on a different side altogether:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I always associate the top cut buns as being a US thing because the first time I ever saw them was in myrtle beach.

And the last blurays I bought were Venture Bros season 6, Predator, Dracula, Frankenstien, Hail Caeser and Jiro Dreams of Sushi. That varied enough for mr I watch tv better than you?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

twistedmentat posted:

I always associate the top cut buns as being a US thing because the first time I ever saw them was in myrtle beach.

Nah, man, all good Quebec steamies come in those kind of buns.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mraagvpeine posted:

Sorry, I worded that wrong. What I meant to say is do people prefer buns where the opening is on the side, like this:

nice burritos

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Phylodox posted:

The 'steamie' hot dog variety has become quite popular across Canada, now frequently replacing the traditional one. Steamie parlours, called 'wieneries', have opened across Canada and are replacing typical hot dogs at franchised restaurants, too.

Fascinating.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Phylodox posted:

That's what a steamie is. When I was in Montreal last I kept seeing them advertised, but I only had smoked meat sandwiches and poutine.

Dammit, Alpha Flight should be in AoS. None of them are mutants are they? Wait, Puck? Or is he?

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

Dammit, Alpha Flight should be in AoS. None of them are mutants are they? Wait, Puck? Or is he?

Puck is not a mutant, he is a rather large person trapped in a little person's body because of the demon that lives inside him. Younger, beefer Puck tried to steal an old wizard sword unaware a demon lived inside it. The demon awoke and tried to kill him by stealing his life force which is why he's so short. Less life energy = less height apparently. However because Puck was a Han Solo thief with a heart of gold type he pulled the demon inside himself. So now he is four feet tall and chubby with the same strength and speed as big and beefy Puck, but constantly in pain and over a hundred years old.

Comic books.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Mraagvpeine posted:

But your "opens on the top" buns are just the "opens on the side" buns oriented with the opening facing the top.

Anyway here in Europe we have another kind of hot dog bun that opens in one tip. You take an uncut bread thing, shove it in one of these poles:

The pole toasts the inside of the bread and then you can put your hotdog in:

Alternatively if you truly hated yourself then you could also just go to the grocery store and buy pre-made everything included "American hotdogs" like this

They sell "American burgers" like this too.

e: Here's that hotdog dildo toasting machine in action

Hot.

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Mar 12, 2017

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Boris Galerkin posted:

But your "opens on the top" buns are just the "opens on the side" buns oriented with the opening facing the top.

No, they're definitely different. The top-cut buns have more planes. They're square or rectangular rather than round. That's why they're preferable for steamies, since a good steamie has a metric poo poo ton of onions and coleslaw on top and it'll all fall out if your dog tips over.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Phylodox posted:

No, they're definitely different. The top-cut buns have more planes. They're square or rectangular rather than round. That's why they're preferable for steamies, since a good steamie has a metric poo poo ton of onions and coleslaw on top and it'll all fall out if your dog tips over.

My bad. I see it now after staring at it some more.

I have no idea what a steamie is. I'm sure it's a hot dog or whatever but the only/first thing that comes to my mind is literally the poo poo emoji 💩.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
A steamie is literally a steamed hot dog, usually bun and all. The alternative is a toastie, a boiled or grilled dog in a toasted bun.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
All American style sausages are gross.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Heathen posted:

Puck is not a mutant, he is a rather large person trapped in a little person's body because of the demon that lives inside him. Younger, beefer Puck tried to steal an old wizard sword unaware a demon lived inside it. The demon awoke and tried to kill him by stealing his life force which is why he's so short. Less life energy = less height apparently. However because Puck was a Han Solo thief with a heart of gold type he pulled the demon inside himself. So now he is four feet tall and chubby with the same strength and speed as big and beefy Puck, but constantly in pain and over a hundred years old.

Comic books.

That is kind of awesome.

Dammit, I want Bobbi and Hunter to come back.

for those not familiar with the Mockingbird solo series, it references this cover.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

That is kind of awesome.

Dammit, I want Bobbi and Hunter to come back.

for those not familiar with the Mockingbird solo series, it references this cover.

Goddamn do I miss Friday Night Lights

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
lol if you don't get a raspberry pi and set up Sonarr to pull down episodes automatically just lol

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/MingNa/status/841750324129882112

also...

https://twitter.com/MingNa/status/841752441892749313

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

When is the show coming back?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

April 4th

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

They're definitely not a thing in my part of Canada. This is the first I've ever heard of them. They're probably more of a Quebec/Ontario thing.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Bruceski posted:

Every time racial/gender portrayal comes up (as it has for Iron Fist) I remember that this show has white dudes in a mostly supporting role, and while May kicks rear end it isn't because she's using mystic kung fu, she's just the resident badass. We get occasional cheesecake shots, but this isn't shot as a cheesecake show.

Cheesecake shots of May are acceptable because it's anti-ageism and actively fights against Hollywood's terrible habit of devaluing older actresses (since Ming Na Wen is 53).

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :colbert:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Cheesecake shots of May are acceptable because it's anti-ageism and actively fights against Hollywood's terrible habit of devaluing older actresses (since Ming Na Wen is 53).

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :colbert:

Smiling Tiger Business May is one of my favorite scenes.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

what the hell is a cheesecake shot?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

double nine posted:

what the hell is a cheesecake shot?

Deliberate framing shots of actresses in bikinis, cleavage shots, pan and linger on tight fitting clothes. Things like that.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

flosofl posted:

Deliberate framing shots of actresses in bikinis, cleavage shots, pan and linger on tight fitting clothes. Things like that.

The first episode of this season started with a cheesecake shot of Daisy.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Aleph Null posted:

Right, the rear end-Cam shot. That's a perfect example.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Oooooh poo poo I thought it meant the other kind of cake

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I always thought Chloe Bennet took her mom's surname to help her land Hollywood roles but it's actually her dad's first name. That's kind of neat. (the fact that she had to do it at all kind of sucks though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Aleph Null posted:

There was a ton of that during the first half of the first season. Most overt was Skye running toward the cam in a soaking wet microdress. They backed way off of that once the show hit its stride after Winter Soldier.

• Locked thread