Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Bill Leak and Tlia Tequila are the reason I've left myself a video diary on the chance that a stroke turns me into a right wing hatemonger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Bill Leak and Tlia Tequila are the reason I've left myself a video diary on the chance that a stroke turns me into a right wing hatemonger.

what's a video diary

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

what's a video diary

A diary in video form.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

SSNeoman posted:

Wow an actually good prickly city.

Let's not say things we can't take back

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Jonas Albrecht posted:

A diary in video form.

i mean how is it going to help you retain your sanity

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

i mean how is it going to help you retain your sanity
How else is he going to remind broken-brained him to go to Mars?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
If you are reading this then it is already too late, the worst has come to pass. I may no longer be myself but I want everyone to remember who I once was. Please, if you cannot turn me back to my normal self, pull the life support as soon as the chance arrives. Thanks.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

endlessmonotony posted:

And nothing of value was lost.

Beg to differ. I did a spot of Googling after reading Malcolm Turnbull's eulogy for the man, and it turns out Leak was a loving good painter who provided portraits for the Australian government.

Former Australian PM Bob Hawke:

Legendary cricketer Donald Bradman:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Starshark posted:

Your assignment, thread, is to answer the question 'when will dumbass whitey stop spouting this poo poo' without using the phrase 'heat death of the universe'.

When entropy in the universe reaches its maximum?

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Sandpuppy posted:

Last week I replaced the ceiling fan in my kitchen, and it came with 2 CFL bulbs for the light fixture. I wonder what people like Payne do in this instance. Do they smash those "squiggly" gizmos and go get REAL MAN LIGHT BULB, or just quietly put them in and enjoy a just as bright, long lasting, energy saving bulb like the grown ups do?

It's all about the LEDs now, they're superior to CFLs in pretty much every way.

They look pretty much like incandescents though, so I guess they might be a bit harder to hate on.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
gently caress

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Holy poo poo holy poo poo Garrison is still backing Milo, this is loving amazing.
Also yeah man nobody gets more poo poo at college than Christians, if you're so much as heard saying "Jesus" you'll be stomped into the ground and expelled, for sure. If anyone sees that crucifix around your neck prepare to get lynched. Colleges are definitely hostile dystopian warzones where Christians are not safe, and this is not at all an opinion totally at odds with a stable view of the reality in which we live.

Garryson posted:

I’ve worked as an independent commercial artist for nearly 20 years and I’ve dealt with many large corporations and their HR departments. As part of their company culture, ALL of them use the words ‘diversity and inclusion.’ There’s nothing wrong with that, but they also want strict adherence to company culture and that means a squelch on freedom of speech.
What, exactly, does "strict adherence to company culture" mean here?
Any time people complain about "PC CULTURE GONE MAD" or "SOME THINGS YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO SAY", they never seem to give specific examples.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

first image I ran across:

Bill Leak and Les Patterson at the launch of Leak's book "Trigger Warning" in Sydney on Wednesday night.Source:The Australian

SO wait, Bill releases a book of his racist cartoons called 'Trigger Warning' on Wed. night and then his heart explodes on Thursday?

Is there a Chef Kissing his Fingers in happiness emote?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

SO wait, Bill releases a book of his racist cartoons called 'Trigger Warning' on Wed. night and then his heart explodes on Thursday?

:discourse:

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Joseph Nicolosi has died as well. It's like someone's trying to tell us something.

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/03/10/the-man-behind-gay-cure-therapy-has-died/

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Both the old and new travel ban are a fine, rare steak...?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Both the old and new travel ban are a fine, rare steak...?

They're both red meat.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

NRVNQSR posted:

They're both red meat.
Great...I feel like that should mean something to me but it doesn't.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
All I know is I want to burn those bastards dry and smother 'em in good ol' Heinz.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Sometimes the devil waits until you die to take your soul after a deal.

Sometimes he speeds up the process a bit.

Samurai Sanders posted:

"Red meat" is something that gets the base fired up. It refers to ideas served raw and red and bloody, rather than being cooked and prepared properly.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Webster's dictionary defines "red meat" as "inflammatory political speech", or "something substantial that appeals to base needs or appetites".

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
from the schadenfreude thread:

https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/840016641534513153

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Maybe God really does exist. :toot:

Maybe Branco next? :pray:

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Maybe God really does exist. :toot:

Maybe Branco next? :pray:

OMG A SKULL-FACED METEOR IS HEADING STRAIGHT FOR BELLINGHAM, WA!

BTW have any of you read Branco's twitter feed? It's got some gems.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

TetsuoTW posted:

How else is he going to remind broken-brained him to go to Mars?

Yeah but broken brained Quaid was the good guy and he was originally an rear end in a top hat.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Been a while since I've gotten to post a Bennett first

Good concept but some of the detail work is sloppier than Bennett usually is (look at the glasses on those identical doctors)

Office Pig posted:

Did drinky duck just take a shot at Trump?

Not for the first time. Despite absolutely being the kind of person who should love Trump, Tinsley appears to not like Trump. Go figure.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Starshark posted:

OMG A SKULL-FACED METEOR IS HEADING STRAIGHT FOR BELLINGHAM, WA!

BTW have any of you read Branco's twitter feed? It's got some gems.

If only Branco, Ramirez, and Tinsley could all be there for that sort of once(and last) in a lifetime event. :allears:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Office Pig posted:

Did drinky duck just take a shot at Trump?
No. He's taken a shot at the "mainstream media".

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Been awhile since I've seen a good OH NO
NOT MY BUTT

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Wait, was it a stroke that made Tila Tequila go full Nazi mode? I just assumed she was always lovely and that she finally just went public with it.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

FishBulb posted:

Been awhile since I've seen a good OH NO
NOT MY BUTT

Yeah people being fearful for their butts is a pretty common trope whenever a healthcare thing is in the news, and come to think of it so is a giant screw being inserted into someone's body

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Should just do the obvious and draw a comic with the Obamacare being a regular pill while the Trumpcare is a giant butt-pill. In the background on the shelves you can see "Autism Shots" and "Gay Pills, 666mg" among other things.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Dunno about anyone else's pets, but my dogs couldn't see laser pointers. It's cats that go mental for them.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Xander77 posted:

Quoted them directly from your post. Where did you find them?

He graduated from Princeton, and in the '80s the student paper ran some articles on him. I pulled them from there.

A lot of the cartoonists here probably started at their college papers.

Discendo Vox posted:

Clearly we need a Leak Effortpost Collection Retrospective. For their research skills, I nominate Shangri-Law School

You'd really make me do that? I don't like looking at his cartoons. :(

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

I never thought that the "Joke's on them, I'm just pretending to be retarded" meme would apply to the things being said in defense of the behavior of a sitting president.

But here we are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

I never thought that the "Joke's on them, I'm just pretending to be retarded" meme would apply to the things being said in defense of the behavior of a sitting president.

But here we are.

Mike Peters is a liberal

• Locked thread