Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Neat! I dunno if I can really get into the emotional hook of invading and colonizing an already inhabited place, though. Depends how that aspect is handled, if at all.

Also lol @ "none of the golden worlds panned out".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Do we know if the music is going to be handled like the awesome spacey-synthy stuff of ME1, the more boring and generic ME2/3 or something new entirely?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I cannot wait to play this on the XBox One Elite Gaming and Entertainment System with my Best-in-Class Microsoft Xbox One Elite Controller with full paddle functionality and hair triggers

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Watch out PS4 havers, your connection speeds probably suck!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I find it funny that we had the tech to observe the kind of life already present on these worlds to the point we knew which ones would be suitable for turians and Quarians, and then we go to sleep for 600 years and someone has hosed literally all of them up in the meantime. Just hosed the whole thing up. These planets are useless now because of someone misbehaving.

Andromeda is an extended episode of Captain Planet and an admonishment of climate denialism.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Oh jeez I forgot about connectors. Has there been anything on the DRM coming with it?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

marshmallow creep posted:

I find it funny that we had the tech to observe the kind of life already present on these worlds to the point we knew which ones would be suitable for turians and Quarians, and then we go to sleep for 600 years and someone has hosed literally all of them up in the meantime. Just hosed the whole thing up. These planets are useless now because of someone misbehaving.

Andromeda is an extended episode of Captain Planet and an admonishment of climate denialism.

I thought the AI got their data from a Geth magic array and just went of that. So, they didn't even see they planets, just the data.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

this post is making me think of those harry turtledove books

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Admiral Ray posted:

I thought the AI got their data from a Geth magic array and just went of that. So, they didn't even see they planets, just the data.

Technically anything you'd get from space is just data you interpret. They say in the Andromeda Initiative briefings what each planet is expected to be like right down to the chemical level of that one dextro planet. That's some good data collection!

Perhaps the Geth omitted or did not record poo poo like the scourge and remnant vaults because they were not aberrant or were seen as nonhostile to the Geth.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Rabid Snake posted:

A RX480 or GTX 1060 as a recommended card for 1080p "high" is "insane" system requirements?

When games that look a hundred times better require a lot less, it's pretty egregious.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
when are the reviews coming out? i assume launch day or a day before?

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

One goon posted beforehand that these requirements are similar to Battlefield and it actually requires a lot less to run well (and frankly the game doesn't look like it needs that much firepower)

Serf
May 5, 2011

Technically anything you'd get from space is just data you interpret. They say in the Andromeda Initiative briefings what each planet is expected to be like right down to the chemical level of that one dextro planet. That's some good data collection!

Perhaps the Geth omitted or did not record poo poo like the scourge and remnant vaults because they were not aberrant or were seen as nonhostile to the Geth.

600 years is a long time for poo poo to change, I think.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
So that trailer said the Kett are "visitors, just like us," so either they were talking about a particular planet the Kett aren't native to or the Kett came from outside Andromeda.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Technically anything you'd get from your senses is just data you interpret to give the illusion you're not a brain in a jar.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Vitamin P posted:

So that trailer said the Kett are "visitors, just like us," so either they were talking about a particular planet the Kett aren't native to or the Kett came from outside Andromeda.

Be funny as hell if it turns out the Ketts are just like us but coming from a galaxy on the opposite end of Andromeda and running away from, oh I don't know, the Creepers or some poo poo.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Vitamin P posted:

That part confused me a bit, because its Dad Ryder that says it and I imagine its one of the first missions? How would they know that about the Kett already

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

BexGu posted:

Be funny as hell if it turns out the Ketts are just like us but coming from a galaxy on the opposite end of Andromeda and running away from, oh I don't know, the Creepers or some poo poo.

they're inspired by Commander Shalepard's brave fight

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Technically correct!

If there's anything I've learned it's that if you're the one with your life on the line you go check that poo poo. At the very least you should be responsible for your own death when you forget to flip a breaker or ignore the giant death cloud in your path. The other tricky thing is that the scourge may not have been there yet. Maybe the Ketters just roam around stripping worlds of valuable materials and the scourge helps with that, sorta like the Vasari in Sins of a Solar Empire.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Vitamin P posted:

Yeah, sounds like the Kett are an intergalactic empire claiming habitable planets with these "nets." Neatly sidesteps the colonialism argument about the Milky Way species. Angarans are native Andromedans and have been subjugated by the Kett. Milky Way species don't contact or settle on worlds with sentient pre-ftl life.

Retcon the purpose of the Reapers as defenders of the Milky Way from the Kett Intergalactic Empire.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Here's a short article about the multiplayer. Sounds like things will be even faster than ME3, which is neat.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

BexGu posted:

The cool thing is with Amazon Prime you can wait a week to see how the reviews go and then order it for 20% off. Even the PC version, they got a empty box copy!

EA is doing the thing where you can only get the deluxe edition for PC through Origin. Which is annoying.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Multiplayer hands on:http://www.gamespot.com/articles/first-hands-on-with-mass-effect-andromedas-coopera/1100-6448623/

quote:

Either way, the multiplayer component's focus on intimate, frantic combat could make it a welcome complement to the heavy themes and nuanced conversations of the single-player.

16 year old writers at gamespot confirmed.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

hexal posted:

I thought the reason for the disdain was the trailer trying too hard to be edgy and cool. I didn't realise Bioware completely missed the point of the song.

People and corporations miss the point of music all the time. People didn't think Lady Gaga made any political statements during her superbowl performance and she sang "This Land is Your Land" to start the show.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

BexGu posted:

they're running from the posts in this thread

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
exquisite tea's for instance

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Trast posted:

People and corporations miss the point of music all the time. People didn't think Lady Gaga made any political statements during her superbowl performance and she sang "This Land is Your Land" to start the show.

ask a republican about born in the USA

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
or Fortunate Son

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Serf posted:

Here's a short article about the multiplayer. Sounds like things will be even faster than ME3, which is neat.

I played me2 a bunch on console way back when but never played me3 and don't play a lot of multiplayer in general but it's all horde mode right? Does origin have groups like steam does? Payday 2 was fun with goons back in the day and it was easy to match up. I'd rather not play pub games

Serf
May 5, 2011

Scott Forstall posted:

I played me2 a bunch on console way back when but never played me3 and don't play a lot of multiplayer in general but it's all horde mode right? Does origin have groups like steam does? Payday 2 was fun with goons back in the day and it was easy to match up. I'd rather not play pub games

All horde mode, yeah. Which will always be firefight mode in my heart.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Keru posted:

or Fortunate Son

what are you talking about? this is a kick rear end song that plays in the helicopters when you fight the vc all badassly in vietnam man

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS61J9js-r8

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

'lick a rock' will be a euphemism for loving the kett, calling it now

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I wonder if these bad face animations will continue to bother me as I keep playing this game or I'll just get used to it

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Man, everyone suffers from nervous eye syndrom. Also, I hope dialogs will be a bit more dynamic than the shot-countershot shown here. Witcher 3 and Uncharted 4 really upped the ante there.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

The face animations now seem to be on the same level as the original trilogy with a lot more polish, take that as you will

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Decius posted:

Man, everyone suffers from nervous eye syndrom. Also, I hope dialogs will be a bit more dynamic than the shot-countershot shown here. Witcher 3 and Uncharted 4 really upped the ante there.

At least the eyes aren't always focused on your face like in Horizon. Creepy as gently caress.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

SgtSteel91 posted:

The face animations now seem to be on the same level as the original trilogy with a lot more polish, take that as you will

As long as the O-faces are realistic, I got no complaints. :smug:

Serf
May 5, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

At least the eyes aren't always focused on your face like in Horizon. Creepy as gently caress.

This has been bothering me too. Although, for most of the time they were talking to Liam, he had the same problem that Horizon does: they forgot to make anything above the mouth emote at all aside from blinking. It's disconcerting. But Peebee and the salarian seemed to have better facial animations going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Admiral Ray posted:

Technically correct!

If there's anything I've learned it's that if you're the one with your life on the line you go check that poo poo. At the very least you should be responsible for your own death when you forget to flip a breaker or ignore the giant death cloud in your path. The other tricky thing is that the scourge may not have been there yet. Maybe the Ketters just roam around stripping worlds of valuable materials and the scourge helps with that, sorta like the Vasari in Sins of a Solar Empire.

That's really what I'm expecting. In the 600 years since we started napping, either the Kett became spaceborn and started making a mess of everything, or the Remnants came and went, leaving a mess in their wake, or the Kett found Remnant tech and used it to make a mess.