Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

It's loving laughable to assume that Dallas has any leverage in the situation. They think that Houston firing Brock into the sun was an indicator of despiration when the Texans made a dramatic improvement by doing so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Imagine Brock vs. Hack in a training camp competition.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Imagine paying $36 million guaranteed for Brock

a new study bible! posted:

It's loving laughable to assume that Dallas has any leverage in the situation. They think that Houston firing Brock into the sun was an indicator of despiration when the Texans made a dramatic improvement by doing so.

I mean Dallas does have some leverage because obviously they can just keep Romo if they want

I also have no doubt that the Brock trade was done in part to create cap room to sign Romo plus a FA RT, so not getting Romo at all would be a gas

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Just pay Cook, gently caress. He was so important in opening up the offense. Like having Finley back.

Now the Packers will need to draft a TE high instead of using that pick on positions they didn't already have answers at!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

This is an extremely deep TE class though

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/840254323011530752

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

RG3 is going to fill the role of QB converted into a WR.

Oh so RG3 is going to die on the field? Again?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Imagine Brock vs. Hack in a training camp competition.

For as bad as Brock is this still sounds more like a training camp slaughter than a training camp competition.

If the Jets somehow end up with Brock (or Cutler) I kinda think Christian Hackenberg might never play a down in a regular season NFL game.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

pubic works project posted:

Oh so RG3 is going to die on the field? Again?

Yeah but it's not gonna be with the Browns

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/840254670878756866

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
If there's one thing that makes me think Cleveland's analytics driven approach isn't complete garbage it's that they aren't even considering starting Brock.

That salary dump trade has seriously made the Browns my second favorite team.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

What happened to RGIII that made him go from seemingly good to terrible? Was the injury that bad and his scrambling was the only thing that made him good? I just don't quite get what happened to him, he did well his rookie season then it all seems to have just gone to poo poo but I never cared enough to inquire why.

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

I've heard his name but I feel like he isn't good. Am I right?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

evilweasel posted:

What happened to RGIII that made him go from seemingly good to terrible? Was the injury that bad and his scrambling was the only thing that made him good? I just don't quite get what happened to him, he did well his rookie season then it all seems to have just gone to poo poo but I never cared enough to inquire why.

*posts the image of literally five different guys wide open ending with RG3 eating a sack*

No idea what happened to him tbh

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Browns need to keep all their picks for Darnold next year. Build the cockpit. We will have the ammo to move up, just gotta flip whoever gets #1 our first and 3 2's and he is all ours!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/CHICKatCSN/status/840254020514152450

lmao redskins

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Lazerbeam posted:

I've heard his name but I feel like he isn't good. Am I right?

He was pretty good before going to Jacksonville. I don't know if he was injured down there or what.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

If there's one thing that makes me think Cleveland's analytics driven approach isn't complete garbage it's that they aren't even considering starting Brock.

I didn't realize this before looking it up--and it's based totally on stats and not how he looked on the field because I didn't watch the Browns much so take it with that caveat--but Cody Kessler in 8 starts compares at rate stats pretty well with Denver Brock, and was flat out much better than Houston Brock.

He had like 600 less yards than Brock's Denver year so obviously the Browns weren't asking him to do much on his own, but he didn't gently caress up a whole lot with what they did ask him to do. The main thing is he took a ton of sacks, almost once every 10 dropbacks.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that Cody Kessler is just the superior quarterback.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/CHICKatCSN/status/840254020514152450

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Michael Corleone posted:

Browns need to keep all their picks for Darnold next year. Build the cockpit. We will have the ammo to move up, just gotta flip whoever gets #1 our first and 3 2's and he is all ours!

I know you guys have been making innovative trades lately but how are you going to flip your 1st rounder and three 2nds to yourself?

Good, gently caress those guys.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

You late son

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

evilweasel posted:

He is bad at the things you need to be good at to be a passer instead of a guy who runs and throws easy routes

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

good.

some grade a bullshit going down in washington.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

The situation between Dallas, Denver and Houston is a little bit of a prisoner's dilemma. Denver and Houston benefit if both teams refuse to trade for Romo; he'll become a free agent and they won't have to sacrifice a pick. But if just one of the team caves the other is boned.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Jordan Cameron is retiring.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/840257035379847169

Sorry Fiz

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

SKULL.GIF posted:

Just pay Cook, gently caress. He was so important in opening up the offense. Like having Finley back.

Now the Packers will need to draft a TE high instead of using that pick on positions they didn't already have answers at!

Seems like they were apart on contract length

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Apparently Ted Jansen's agreed $9M over three years with the Dolphins, which sounds just the ticket.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

pubic works project posted:

Jordan Cameron is retiring.

His best days were as a Brown. How bout that poo poo?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Holy poo poo what a trainwreck

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Intruder posted:

*posts the image of literally five different guys wide open ending with RG3 eating a sack*

No idea what happened to him tbh

Before November 25, 2013
237 yards/gm. 1.36 TD/0.6 INT. 7.44 rush/gm, 6.24 YPC. 2 sacks/gm

After November 25, 2013
181 yards/gm. 0.47 TD/0.65 INT, 5.24 rush/gm, 5.73 YPC, 4.14 sacks/gm

November 25, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LhXHQ91qME

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The situation between Dallas, Denver and Houston is a little bit of a prisoner's dilemma. Denver and Houston benefit if both teams refuse to trade for Romo; he'll become a free agent and they won't have to sacrifice a pick. But if just one of the team caves the other is boned.

Both teams have publicly said they won't trade for Romo under any circumstance, but the fact that he hasn't been released yet tells me one or both are lying and negotiating behind the scenes

There's also the question of whether Dallas can get a pick that's good enough to be worth not being able to spread the dead money over two years

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

I didn't realize this before looking it up--and it's based totally on stats and not how he looked on the field because I didn't watch the Browns much so take it with that caveat--but Cody Kessler in 8 starts compares at rate stats pretty well with Denver Brock, and was flat out much better than Houston Brock.

He had like 600 less yards than Brock's Denver year so obviously the Browns weren't asking him to do much on his own, but he didn't gently caress up a whole lot with what they did ask him to do. The main thing is he took a ton of sacks, almost once every 10 dropbacks.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that Cody Kessler is just the superior quarterback.

Yep, plus depending on your appetite for risk it almost always makes sense to go with the younger QB with less starts than the one with demonstrably terrible results on a good team.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/840260092050231296

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Before November 25, 2013
237 yards/gm. 1.36 TD/0.6 INT. 7.44 rush/gm, 6.24 YPC. 2 sacks/gm

After November 25, 2013
181 yards/gm. 0.47 TD/0.65 INT, 5.24 rush/gm, 5.73 YPC, 4.14 sacks/gm

November 25, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LhXHQ91qME

Same thing derailed Matt Schaub's career tbh

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Yep, plus depending on your appetite for risk it almost always makes sense to go with the younger QB with less starts than the one with demonstrably terrible results on a good team.

To be at least a little fair to Brock, the offensive line was a disaster

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Grittybeard posted:

Kessler actually played pretty well to my eye test but he just kept getting hurt. He legitimately looked good in his starts.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Honestly, we haven't had nearly enough discussion about the level of dysfunction in Washington: http://deadspin.com/some-questions-for-dan-snyder-1793145203

It's like they learned it from those clowns down the street, on Capitol Hill, in Congress!!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

evilweasel posted:

Injuries piled up, initially Shanahan's fault for playing him when his knee was already injured. But I think in retrospect his lack of awareness makes him an extremely injury prone player who will probably never stay healthy.

The offense RG3 was successful with his rookie season was not a traditional NFL passing attack. Shanahan's plan was to slowly turn him into more of a pocket passer as he mastered how to run a modern offense over a couple of years. However RG3's giant ego and his influence with Snyder got in the way. RG3 wanted to be a drop pack QB and he pulled strings with Snyder to make that happen against the wishes of Shanahan.

So you end up with a player who has zero awareness dropping back in the pocket trying to make reads he can't actually do.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

fsif posted:

Honestly, we haven't had nearly enough discussion about the level of dysfunction in Washington: http://deadspin.com/some-questions-for-dan-snyder-1793145203

It's like they learned it from those clowns down the street, on Capitol Hill, in Congress!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG15oP7q4fI

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

evilweasel posted:

His good season was due to running the Baylor playbook in Washington. Novelty of the scheme + Vick-like running numbers made him effective until he died in that playoff game.

After that he half-assedly tried to learn to be a pocket passer and failed, and whenever he panicked and scrambled he ate needless kill-shots and got hurt, because he had whatever the opposite of a survival instinct is. Basically he had Cam Newton's running aggression and Tony Romo's bone density and was much stupider than either of them.

e:

:argh:

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

fsif posted:

Everything in DC is broken from the metro to the feds to the roads. Why would the Redskins be exempt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

At this point with the Redskins, I'm on board with chaos. gently caress it all. Trade Cousins for a bag of that sticky California weed and bring back RG3 baby. Choo chooooo!!

• Locked thread