Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Started leveling a SRay witch (not CWC) and it's actually been pretty smooth( with a bunch of cast speed + fire dmg + burning uniques).

If anyone else played with a SRay only character in last league, wondering what should be my sixth link on : SRay -> Controlled Destruction -> Elemental Focus -> Empower -> Rapid Decay -> XXXX ?

Options are: Fire Pen, Increased Duration, Burning Damage, Iron Will (eehhhh?) ... am i missing something? Thinking on going with Fire Pen but wondering if it's the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

madstrike posted:

Started leveling a SRay witch (not CWC) and it's actually been pretty smooth( with a bunch of cast speed + fire dmg + burning uniques).

If anyone else played with a SRay only character in last league, wondering what should be my sixth link on : SRay -> Controlled Destruction -> Elemental Focus -> Empower -> Rapid Decay -> XXXX ?

Options are: Fire Pen, Increased Duration, Burning Damage, Iron Will (eehhhh?) ... am i missing something? Thinking on going with Fire Pen but wondering if it's the best.

SR works like RF I think so fire pen wouldn't work because it doesn't hit. As for the best, probably burning damage or iron will but both will probably be pretty weak

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
SR doesn't hit, so Fire Pen is worthless.

Faster Casting for quicker turning?

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Alright, forgot about that. And yeah, forgot about Fast Casting...i'll probably go with it.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
So how rare are Reliquaries anyway? Exalt/Divine levels? Rarer?

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Insurrectionist posted:

So how rare are Reliquaries anyway? Exalt/Divine levels? Rarer?

I've had two drop this league, and one divine, no exalts.

Maybe divine/blessed orb levels? Not as rare as exalts, st least for me.

My first one I used and got a legacy moonsorrow. Not sure if I should sell the second one, or yolo it and hope for something worth at least an alchemy.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
By the way, Shrapnel Shot with Point Blank and two threshold jewels is actually really strong while leveling. I'm a few levels off of Chin Sol and I'm really looking forward to that, as it will mean that I will effectively deal 9x tooltip damage on most hits. Shredding bosses is great and this is pretty close to Facebreaker levels of poo poo exploding.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

madstrike posted:

Your ideal sixth link for damage is going to be Iron Will, probably. You're not gonna get as much out of FC.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Dramatika posted:

I've had two drop this league, and one divine, no exalts.

Maybe divine/blessed orb levels? Not as rare as exalts, st least for me.

My first one I used and got a legacy moonsorrow. Not sure if I should sell the second one, or yolo it and hope for something worth at least an alchemy.

How much playtime? Guess I'm just a little on the unlucky side this time, I haven't had an Ex/Divine drop either which I normally have several of by now (51 hours /played) most Leagues.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Are some legacy items just worse than their modern counterparts? I got a Legacy Cybil's Paw out of my reliquary yesterday and I am underwhelmed. Is there a fun build I can use it in?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Nechronic posted:

Are some legacy items just worse than their modern counterparts? I got a Legacy Cybil's Paw out of my reliquary yesterday and I am underwhelmed. Is there a fun build I can use it in?

I dunno about Cybil's Paw specifically but yeah a lot of the legacy items are worse than their modern counterparts, and you can reroll them to their better stats with a divine orb if you really want. Cybil's Paw is pretty much perfect for incinerate though and max block + cybil's paw + incinerate was a popular build for a long long time (probably up until BV came out and kinda replaced it by letting you tank anything through regular life leech)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Nechronic posted:

not unless they bring incinerate back, no

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
I can't find any info on SRS damage since the limit was reduced down to 20. I'm trying to figure out whether it'd be worth going all in on fire damage for them. Anger, added fire, scorching ray, flammability, ele equlibrium, etc. Without knowing the numbers I have no idea if that's a complete waste of time vs something more straightforward.

edit: the only thing I ever figured out for cybil's is incinerate-cwc-firestorm on a chieftain. Between fire leech, regen, and on-hit you end up with like 3000 hp/sec but the damage is middling at best.

YoungSexualNorton fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Mar 10, 2017

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

theshim posted:

By the way, Shrapnel Shot with Point Blank and two threshold jewels is actually really strong while leveling. I'm a few levels off of Chin Sol and I'm really looking forward to that, as it will mean that I will effectively deal 9x tooltip damage on most hits. Shredding bosses is great and this is pretty close to Facebreaker levels of poo poo exploding.

What threshold jewels?

E: Nevermind I didn't realize they made one for Shrapnel Shot. That actually looks a lot better than the Chin Sol Rain of Arrows crap people were doing before.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Nechronic posted:

Cybil's Paw got buffed in 2.0.0 so yeah the legacy version is weaker. Slap a divine orb on it to get 8% per 5 block instead of 6%. A blessed orb will get you 25 lgoh.

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

YoungSexualNorton posted:

I can't find any info on SRS damage since the limit was reduced down to 20. I'm trying to figure out whether it'd be worth going all in on fire damage for them. Anger, added fire, scorching ray, flammability, ele equlibrium, etc. Without knowing the numbers I have no idea if that's a complete waste of time vs something more straightforward.

edit: the only thing I ever figured out for cybil's is incinerate-cwc-firestorm on a chieftain. Between fire leech, regen, and on-hit you end up with like 3000 hp/sec but the damage is middling at best.

If this helps, SRS out of the box have converts 50% of its physical to fire.

The build I'm running suggests linking SRS->Minion Damage->Melee Splash/Multistrike->Melee Physical->Elemental Focus->lv4 Empower, but also has a shitload of focus on auras. Between stock Hatred and the base conversion, something like 85% of the physical damage is either converted or added as elemental of some variety, which would put Added Fire as very slightly better overall than Elemental Focus, but between all of the Increased Effect of Auras and Generosity, Elemental Focus ends up better.

I don't think it's worth going all in on fire damage for them; since they're converting half their damage from physical you get the benefits of at least half their base damage being effectively unresistable (lots of things have capped elemental resists, no bosses meaningfully resist physical damage) and Hatred is both a significant damage increase and also diversifies your damage. If you were using EE, I'd still recommend you use Hatred and just keep any lightning damage off your minions so you can proc EE with Orb of Storms. This works fine if you're using Hatred+Anger+Generosity, since you're not benefiting directly and thus your Orb of Storms stays pure lightning.

On the other hand, even though EE is literally right there and only one skill point to take, you still might not want it - the auramancer build I'm using is just entirely starved for sockets - it uses an Unset Ring to fit in Discipline, and Shavronne's Revelation for ES regen (since you're not leeching) and if you're using Orb of Storms you'd probably want at least 3 links to take advantage of Curse On Hit. Giving up your Vaal auras or movement skills or CWDT+IC is probably not a great trade.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

YoungSexualNorton posted:

I can't find any info on SRS damage since the limit was reduced down to 20.

I think I'm using the same guide as Olesh, but the poe wiki's SRS page has details on all support gems.

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008
I really hope no doofus in the guild is botting/exploiting/etc. After reading the reddit thread about an entire guild that got banned due to 1 member, I don't have a ton of confidence in GGG's investigation process.

The cliffs notes (as I understand): 1 dude is botting/exploiting, and EVERYONE in the guild is banned, even those who haven't logged in for 2+ years. It's not clear if this is a temporary measure while they investigate, or permanent. There are a few other reports of this happening to others, and the bans were never lifted.

It's also possible they are just lying to try and cover up, but still seems scary.

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.

Olesh posted:

SRS stuff

Yeah, that seems like a reasonable approach. I'd guess that the auramancer approach is better given that it's what most builds do. I was trying to cook up a life-based inquisitor for the hybrid approach, but necro is probably a lot more straightforward. It's really weird that in a game that hinges heavily on being able to crunch numbers, you can't get good info on your minons.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

ImsaKidd posted:

I really hope no doofus in the guild is botting/exploiting/etc. After reading the reddit thread about an entire guild that got banned due to 1 member, I don't have a ton of confidence in GGG's investigation process.

The cliffs notes (as I understand): 1 dude is botting/exploiting, and EVERYONE in the guild is banned, even those who haven't logged in for 2+ years. It's not clear if this is a temporary measure while they investigate, or permanent. There are a few other reports of this happening to others, and the bans were never lifted.

It's also possible they are just lying to try and cover up, but still seems scary.

Thats draconian as hell but I definitely would rather they go over the top than be lenient on botting/exploiting.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
I got my very first exalted drop after 658 hours. I'm still happy about it!

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
After many hems and haws and input for you very nice people, I give you the :black101: "making gently caress berserker." :black101: Ultimately went with Blood Magic because it fits with my berserking ideals, along with 199% increased max life (I'm trying to buy a Belly of the Beast to make it a cool 236%), 3 jewel slots, and all the walking blender nightmares that I could possibly want. Still working on gear (aside from BotB, which I will have forever), so if anyone has suggestions, that's cool! The axes I had been using were slow and stupid but nothing better ever dropped, but just last night I got two fast-swingin' high-dps'in beauties and boy, do I love choppin' fast.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Thats draconian as hell but I definitely would rather they go over the top than be lenient on botting/exploiting.

Yeah botting/exploiting really fucks over my solo experience... wait a second. It's not as though it has zero affect it's that it's so little that I don't really care. Yes yes I know kill all cheaters and anyone who said anything positive towards cheaters. Oh and those who traded with cheaters.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Mar 10, 2017

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Salvor_Hardin posted:

See I'd rather them err on the side of caution with regards to banning people who may have done nothing wrong, but probably the guy is just lying about knowing about the exploiting. Still I'd like to see a chris post in that thread.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

it does gently caress with the economy tho

also: are there any life-based builds that actually want a rare chest through endgame b/c it seems like most of them use uniques

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I'm really skeptical about that whole thread

Permabanning innocent customers really makes no sense

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Given the number of threads I've seen where someone whines about being banned unfairly only to be rekt when the devs/mods/etc of the game show up, I can't believe any of them now...

Speaking of: https://np.reddit.com/r/2007scape/comments/5xupqo/false_banned/del70dp/

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Reach of the Council nerf has really hosed up the gear progression for non-crit KotF.

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib
It's like GGG knew it was my birthday today: my SSF ED dual-curse Occultist just had a rogue exile drop Doedre's Scorn while I was running out some low-level Perandus leaguestones to scum up coins. :toot:

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Goa Tse-tung posted:

not unless they bring incinerate back, no

My favourite time in the game still remains Spell Echo Incinerate with a Cybil's Paw, Phase Acro and Max Block, on top of a Lightning Coil.

Nearly everything about that has been changed :(

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

Soothing Vapors posted:

I'm really skeptical about that whole thread

Permabanning innocent customers really makes no sense

After reading a bit more, the guild had like 20 members, only 6 of whom had appeared to play legacy league. Additionally, the guild leader appears to have at least 8 accounts in the guild : https://www.pathofexile.com/guild/profile/118189

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Dang I just lost like 6ex. Whispered literally the entire page of people on poe trade trying to buy perandus coins and no one would reply and it took so long the portals closed on the map device.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Jean Eric Burn posted:

Dang I just lost like 6ex. Whispered literally the entire page of people on poe trade trying to buy perandus coins and no one would reply and it took so long the portals closed on the map device.

sit in the map

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

ImsaKidd posted:

It's also possible they are just lying to try and cover up

Yes, they are. We've have plenty of people banned in the guild. As recent as a couple of weeks ago even. That thread is 100% bullshit.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I just sold a Jeweller's Touch (the 5L prophecy) for 25c. That seems to be about the price according to poe.ninja, but I got a shitton of offers as soon as the listing showed up. Is that just because the prophecy's easy to search for/get an alert for, or did I vastly underprice it?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Qwertycoatl posted:

I just sold a Jeweller's Touch (the 5L prophecy) for 25c. That seems to be about the price according to poe.ninja, but I got a shitton of offers as soon as the listing showed up. Is that just because the prophecy's easy to search for/get an alert for, or did I vastly underprice it?

Prices fluctuate by time of day and on an item with high traffic like that you'll get a shitload of offers when the listing shows up at 25c while the market value is 27c. Also, it's likely those offers are from market manipulators and even poe.ninja has gotten confused about it. I think the only way they can track if items actually sell is just by looking at whether listings stay up at the lowest prices for a long time on the same account, this can easily be gotten around by making new alts and trading items between the accounts.

Either way Jeweller's Touch drops in price fast so you'd get significantly less than 25c a week from now.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Thanks. I'm not bothered if I left a few chaos on the table, I was just worried I should have listed it for an ex or something. And yeah, I guess people will stop caring about 5Ls soon.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Hit 62, switched in my 5l Chin Sol. An ideal hit (close range, hitting with both the cone and the arrow) does just north of 50k.

Shrapnel Shot is pretty good, y'all.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
A week until first legacy kaom heart drops? Nice rate on that. Or maybe GGG realized they hosed up and just now added it

edit: lmao dude sold it for 5ex. Nice scam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
gently caress yeah currency tab sale! Thanks to everyone who mentioned it was coming up. Picked myself up a premium bundle, the div tab, and the essence tab.

In other news, I switched my self-cast pizza Elementalist to tri-curse CwC Whispering Ice. It's been a roller coaster of a time. I had to spend one ex on regrets and three more on gear and my clear speed is about the same as it was with pizza delivery. I can tank pretty much anything however.

Are 5L ES chests expected to go down in price? I need 700+ with Int on it. Right now they are anywhere from 1.5 - infinity ex.

• Locked thread