Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Judgment Night is my favorite weird good soundtrack from a movie that isn't as good as it could be.

Also the score from Phantom Menace is leagues beyond the film, as are the other two prequels, but Menace had the best single track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Young Freud posted:

Fight Club.

Dallas Buyers Club.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Tars Tarkas posted:

Judgment Night is my favorite weird good soundtrack from a movie that isn't as good as it could be.

I was just going through my playlist on a walk and saw "Mudhoney & Sir Mixalot"

That's pretty 90s. Every track is like "hey slacker bands and hip hop guys, pair up"

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

It seems almost like the best Jared Leto movies are the ones where his character dies or is forced to suffer greatly. And then there's Chapter 27, a movie for which the actor suffered by gaining massive amounts of weight, yet nobody watched it.

And the mention of Tomb Raider has reminded me of another fantastic soundtrack album, the one for The Beach. It even has a great Sugar Ray song!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJas7Q_yXXY
(that might be because it's a cover of a song by Cale & Eno)

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Mar 10, 2017

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Also 90s but still excellent...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k07cflKCl-Y

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Mortal Kombat used it in August of 1995.

Hackers used it......in September of 1995.

That song was all over the place in the mid-90's.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

With good reason, it's a loving great track. The track it samples is also so 90s it hurts.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Their only crime was curiosity

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

They hacked the planet.

They hacked. The planet.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
o nm if that was their crime

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Ah yes Hackers, when everyone realized that Fisher Stevens isn't actually Indian.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Tars Tarkas posted:

Also the score from Phantom Menace is leagues beyond the film, as are the other two prequels, but Menace had the best single track.

I'll put in a vote for the Spawn soundtrack being far better than the movie.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Ah yes Hackers, when everyone realized that Fisher Stevens isn't actually Indian.

And that rollerblades are cool(?) and skateboarders are oldfags

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Spuckuk posted:

The lowest of bars.

quote:

And that rollerblades are cool(?) and skateboarders are oldfags

And that Angelina Jolie is kinda hot. Stupid haircut aside.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Spuckuk posted:

Well, it'd take considerable effort to be worse, so

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Atomic Blonde red-band trailer, this is looking badass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u5Re6tFvFA

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Tars Tarkas posted:

Menace II Society did have a pretty epic soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxNsQ31yN7c

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

weekly font posted:

I don't know if it's Oscar-worthy but he's perfectly good in Dallas Buyers Club.

I found him overbearingly mawkish, much like the rest of the movie (McC was good though).

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Just wanted to mention this Hackers trivia, the film's soundtrack was so popular that there are two more volumes titled Hackers 2 and Hackers 3 respectively with similar tracks. This caused some folks to think that there were films that were actually sequels to Hackers because they involved computers/hacking. So if you'd be looking at bootleg DVDs or whatever and see "Hackers 3" and it would be the film Antitrust. :laffo:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Gonz posted:

Mortal Kombat used it in August of 1995.

Hackers used it......in September of 1995.

That song was all over the place in the mid-90's.
It will always be the song from the end of Mortal Kombat for me. Ah, memories.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Grendels Dad posted:

The lowest of bars.

And that Angelina Jolie is kinda hot (in Hackers). Stupid haircut aside.

Her mouth makes it look like she has a cleft palette in that movie.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Josh Lyman posted:

It will always be the song from the end of Mortal Kombat for me. Ah, memories.

me too, and it really catches me off guard when it shows up in Mean Girls.

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009

Enos Cabell posted:

For some reason, this makes me think of a demented mash-up between John Wick and No One Lives Forever.

So yes, pretty badass.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Neo Rasa posted:

Just wanted to mention this Hackers trivia, the film's soundtrack was so popular that there are two more volumes titled Hackers 2 and Hackers 3 respectively with similar tracks. This caused some folks to think that there were films that were actually sequels to Hackers because they involved computers/hacking. So if you'd be looking at bootleg DVDs or whatever and see "Hackers 3" and it would be the film Antitrust. :laffo:

Would Hackers 2 be The Net or Swordfish?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Enos Cabell posted:

I love Charlize so much

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Enos Cabell posted:

Ayy, super down for Toby Jones and John Goodman in Charlize Theron Kills.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Kong Prequel/Sequel Comic announced

quote:

'Kong: Skull Island' Comic Book to Reveal Ape's Secret Origins, Island's Mysteries

If audiences leave Kong: Skull Island already wishing they could make a second visit to the monster-infested locale, they're in luck: a new comic book spin-off will launch next month to reveal the origins of Kong and some of the mysteries of Skull Island itself.

Skull Island: The Birth of Kong, will act as both a sequel and prequel to the new movie, as a team of Monarch agents visit the island to find out more about the giant ape and just why he's so dedicated to defending this particular island. Along the way, the reader will find out about the island's history of war between Kong and the other creatures on the island — and what made him king of all he surveys.

The four-issue series will be written by Red Sonja and Warlord of Mars veteran Arvid Nelson, with art by Malaysian artist Zid. The first issue will be released April 5 in comic book stores and digitally via Legendary Comics, with a free preview available as part of the March Loot Crate, as well as digitally, via ComiXology.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/skull-island-comic-book-reveal-kongs-origins-islands-mysteries-985160?utm_source=twitter

EDIT: Oh, and Legendary and WB have set up a "writer's room" for Kong Vs Godzilla already

quote:

The studio is putting together a writers room to break the story, with Terry Rossio, veteran scribe best known for co-writing the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, tapped to head the creature feature league. Once he and his cohorts work out the best ideas and beats for the story, a writer will be chosen to write the script.

Joining Rossio in the room will be:

Patrick McKay and J.D. Payne, who co-wrote Star Trek Beyond and who are working on Star Trek 4;

Lindsey Beer, who is currently adapting The Kingkiller Chronicles for Lionsgate;

Cat Vasko, currently penning Warner Bros.’s adaptation of period circus love story, Queen of the Air;

T.S. Nowlin, the writer of the Maze Runner movies who already worked for Legendary on its Pacific Rim sequel;

Jack Paglen, who wrote the Johnny Depp-starring Transcendence and who also worked on the upcoming Alien: Covenant;

And J. Michael Straczynski, the comic book writer and creator of 1990s sci-fi show Babylon 5 whose recent credits include World War Z and co-creating Netflix show Sense8 with the Wachowskis.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/kong-skull-island-sequel-plans-godzilla-kong-sets-writers-room-984992

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Mar 10, 2017

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

That list of writers isn't inspiring much confidence tbh.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Six writers to figure out why two giant monsters would fight

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Tars Tarkas posted:

Six writers to figure out why two giant monsters would fight a bland, white male protagonist is getting in the way of a giant monster fight

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Jake Busey was just added to the cast of the new Predator movie.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Gonz posted:

Jake Busey was just added to the cast of the new Predator movie.

As a relation to Peter Keyes(Gary Busey)?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Unless humans capture Kong to take out Godzilla I'd figure it'd deal with a territorial Kong defending his island when Godzilla comes in to take out a great threat out and then we'd get the classic misunderstanding to team up against greater threat climax.

We could throw in a remember who you are somewhere when a hot lead actress reminds Kong to get up and help Godzilla fight.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

EDIT: Oh, and Legendary and WB have set up a "writer's room" for Kong Vs Godzilla already
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/kong-skull-island-sequel-plans-godzilla-kong-sets-writers-room-984992

THR is getting really lazy.

quote:

Patrick McKay and J.D. Payne, who co-wrote Star Trek Beyond and who are working on Star Trek 4;

No, they did not; the script that they wrote with Bob Orci was so bad that it got them fired and Orci fired from directing the movie (which is when Simon Pegg and Doug Jung began writing it). They don't even have a credit on Beyond, so I don't know how THR pulled that out of their rear end. And as of December Pegg and Jung are working on Star Trek 4.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Apparently Avatar 2 won't be coming out next year. If they manage to get it out in 2019 that that will have been a decade, which should be plenty of time for people to evaluate why they care?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I don't see why a monster movie requires an entire room of writers.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Sobatchja Morda posted:

For some reason, this makes me think of a demented mash-up between John Wick and No One Lives Forever.

So yes, pretty badass.

Fury Road Prequel.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

FreudianSlippers posted:

Just use a classroom of elementary kids.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

FreudianSlippers posted:

Somebody has to pick up thrown action figures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

MariusLecter posted:

As a relation to Peter Keyes(Gary Busey)?

That would be awesome, also where the hell did Atomic Blonde come from?

• Locked thread