Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Smirr posted:

Holy poo poo lol. I'm starting a petition to rename TRP to The Kevin Großkreutz

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
pretend I emptyquoted one of the hundreds of "lolverkusen" posts in this thread here

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
inglolstadt

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Werder keeping a clean sheet ? Max Kruse still alive ?
:prepop:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Pand posted:

Werder keeping a clean sheet ? Max Kruse still alive ?
:prepop:

Third clean sheet in a row even. :chanpop:

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Some lucky wins in the past weeks after 2 unlucky losses, but that relegation fight will be hard. Kinda weird how Augsburg got out of it now.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
http://www.der-postillon.com/2017/03/sonntagsfrage-grosskreutz.html

heh

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Roger Schmidt is no more.

Manager of Bayer Leverkusen that is.

Edit: It's impressive how long he lasted really, I should also try my hand at getting money being a clueless clown.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
About loving time.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Healbot posted:

I should also try my hand at getting money being a clueless clown.

Who knows, one day you might end up as the President of the United States

Also thank loving God, it was about time that rear end in a top hat got fired

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Schmidt kept LOLkusen in Champions League for years, what are you all on about?

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
Not exactly looking like that will happen this year. Also at this point every team knows how to counter his tactics and he doesn't seem to have any other plan ever.

Tayfun Korkut isn't exactly the most confidence inspiring appointment either though...

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
https://twitter.com/XabiAlonso/status/839777479426510848

:sadwave:

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
should send xabi and lahm out with a triple.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

Agree.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

I disagree.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Torrannor posted:

I disagree.

:same:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Mit Gott auf Schalke

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat

General Probe posted:

Tayfun Korkut isn't exactly the most confidence inspiring appointment either though...

This is going to be a long end to the season isn't it?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I think the league should find a way to relegate Leverkusen this season.

Stupid fuckers messed up my bet.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Such a fun game, not sure I should be mad Werder only got 1 point or happy Toprak is such a loser and there was 1 point.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Tahirovic posted:

Such a fun game, not sure I should be mad Werder only got 1 point or happy Toprak is such a loser and there was 1 point.

Both, it's the Werderway.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Tahirovic posted:

Can't wait to watch Ömer be a loser in the Dortmund defense.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
Shockingly, Darmstadt is good. But thankfully, some things never change: Schipplock is still hot garbage.

e: aaaand we're back to sucking again. lmao kill me

Babies Getting Rabies fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Mar 11, 2017

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Abortmund

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Bürki is kind of a mediocre keeper who should be exchanged for someone good imo.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
How does that lovely loving Dosenteam do this, they keep failing against everyone in the relegation fight, except Werder. Hopefully they take a wrong turn and end up in loving Russia on the way home.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Do you know next weeks result already? BRB putting my savings on Rasenball win! Think they just fell off their hot streak a bit and now win less in general...

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Pand posted:

Abortmund

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Why is every team except Bayern and the Rasenballs such trash this year in the Liga? Honestly, every team from Gladbach in 9. on needs to watch out to not slip up because if they go on a run of bad results they'll end up on the relegation spots. Only six points between Gladbach and HSV ffs.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

elbkaida posted:

Why is every team except Bayern and the Rasenballs such trash this year in the Liga? Honestly, every team from Gladbach in 9. on needs to watch out to not slip up because if they go on a run of bad results they'll end up on the relegation spots. Only six points between Gladbach and HSV ffs.

RedBull lost to Dresden in the Pokal. It's a bit easier to play consistently when you are only playing at most one match per week. Dortmund have to play in three competitions and still manage to hold third place.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

elbkaida posted:

It doesn't really matter since Darmstadt and Ingolstadt are never getting out of the bottom two spots anyway.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Dunban posted:

It doesn't really matter since Darmstadt and Ingolstadt are never getting out of the bottom two spots anyway.

Please do not spread fake news, Darmstadt has every chance to remain in the Bundesliga.

:negative:

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Yeah seeing HSV beat Gladbach annoys me, it's is really tight down there. Think there's still a Nord-Derby coming up as well, which might be one of the deciding games.
My gin related hungover lets me dream that Frings and his boys will beat Hamburg for the relegation spot.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
No-Jinx Edit: So, gently caress Hertha and their players, who somehow played better than us. At least they won't be able to sing "wir fahren nach Berlin".

Torrannor fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Mar 13, 2017

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Torrannor posted:

the unspeakable terror

DONT JINX IT DUDE

Goa Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Mar 15, 2017

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Goa Tse-tung posted:

DONT JINX IT DUDE

I changed it!

But I think they are making good progress to stabilize, Gisdol is doing good. It does help that Darmstadt are just terrible, and Ingolstadt barely better.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Torrannor posted:

RedBull lost to Dresden in the Pokal. It's a bit easier to play consistently when you are only playing at most one match per week. Dortmund have to play in three competitions and still manage to hold third place.

Please call them by their official name and don't use what that company wants you to say. :)

I don't buy that excuse of not being in the cup. Mainz, Darmstadt and Augsburg played one whole cup match more and look at them. Werder went out first round too. And they have the benefit of not just being promoted from 2.Liga.

Fair play for Dortmund being in three competitions bur seeing them win big in Cl one day and then mess about in the Liga the next match is annoying.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

elbkaida posted:

Please call them by their official name and don't use what that company wants you to say. :)

I don't buy that excuse of not being in the cup. Mainz, Darmstadt and Augsburg played one whole cup match more and look at them. Werder went out first round too. And they have the benefit of not just being promoted from 2.Liga.

Fair play for Dortmund being in three competitions bur seeing them win big in Cl one day and then mess about in the Liga the next match is annoying.

RoteBrause certainly has competent leadership (something other clubs desperately need, like the HSV or Schalke), they had a good start and got on a roll. They also did pretty well in getting good players.

Dortmund had to reorganize quite a bit after three top players left, and I'm not sure that all the under-20 players can yet cope with the Bundesliga, Pokal and Champions League. Reus getting injured (again!:argh:) doesn't help, he would have been extremely valuable against Hertha. I agree that it is frustrating to get these unnecessary losses in the Bundesliga, but there's no real difference between third and second place. Apart from wishing RoteBrause only the worst, they can have their Vizemeisterschaft for all I care, as long as Dortmund retain third place and play well in the Champions League and DFB-Pokal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Money is the deciding factor, said the Bayern plastic much to the surprise of everyone itt.

Rosa Brechdurchfall is backing both its projects with loads of money, which is the reason why a side from the 2. Bundesliga was able to secure some footballer for a cool €9m (and loan to Salzburg to avoid FFP regulations for the main club).

• Locked thread