Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The Cardinals got Chandler Jones. The Patriots got Cyrus Jones and Jonathan Cooper.

And a pick they turned into Joe Thuney (starting LG) and Malcolm Mitchell (first WR they drafted that's any good in years.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Goddammit Browns.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
1 year 8mil to Pryor? Goddamn that's less than anyone expected.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The day after the Browns do really good things, they lose Pryor and remind me that they're the Browns.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Ealy is godawful

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
It's 1 year, 8 million for TP.

Kenny Britt got 4 years 32.5 million.

I guess we'll see if the savings work out in the Browns' favor.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Are we all drastically overrating Pryor? Because 1 year 8 million at a trash fire Washington team seems like poo poo.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Maybe the thin rocky mountain air will heal his calves

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shangri-Law School posted:

When's the last time a team actually got the better of the Pats in a trade?

Redskins trading Haynesworth to the Patriots for a 5th rounder qualifies I think.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Chandler jones last season.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Does Watson play left or right tackle?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

No Butt Stuff posted:

WTF.

Kony Ealy to move from 72 to 64.

Why.

I swear half the trades the Patriots make like this make it seem that the other team didn't bother to look up where the "earlier round" Patriots pick was.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eli Wiggum posted:

Did Watson play left or right tackle?

Right tackle mostly I believe.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Lol the patriots think kony ealy is worth eight spots in any round.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Grittybeard posted:

Right tackle mostly I believe.

I have a feeling they're going for Clady next

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/840308283680407552

The Vikings have signed two bad offensive tackles but will somehow still be an improvement from last year.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Eli Wiggum posted:

Does Watson play left or right tackle?

RT, he CAN play LT but do you recall what Clowney did to the Raiders in that playoff game last year? That was v. Watson

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

WHOOPS posted:

The Vikings have signed two bad offensive tackles but will somehow still be an improvement from last year.

loving how? Why?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

quote:

To win a Super Bowl you have to get at least three playoff victories (and four in some cases). Tony Romo, in his entire 13-year NFL career has two playoff wins. Two. Getting Tony Romo to help you win playoff games is like bringing Alex Ovechkin in for the push to make the Stanley Cup Finals, except Romo isn't as good or young as Ovechkin.

That's a spicy one

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
To be fair it's a good trade for the Patriots. It's 8 spots at the end of the 2nd/early 3rd round. The draft capital is basically the same.

I guess it works out for the Panthers too because they are bringing back Charles Johnson and Julius Peppers, and Mario Addison has been decent. Ealy would have made the roster, but if they have lost confidence that he won't get any better in our system, then at least they get something out of him? If they are considering drafting a pass rusher then Ealy would have been the odd man out.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

loving how? Why?

The lost out on Ricky Wagner and seemingly want Riley Reiff to play LT again. I am not holding my breath for the Vikings to rebound in 2017.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
What is the deal the one year contracts? Both Alshon and Pryor are going the one year deal route, when conventional wisdom was that they would get a more lucrative multiyear deal. I am really confused as to the why of these deals.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

WHOOPS posted:

Remmers is not a bad RT. He is pretty average, and he looked bad when he was forced to play LT last year. However he was a serviceable starter when at his correct position.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

The Patriots will leap at the chance to take cheap gambles on defensive front 7 guys who ever showed any ability, even for a second. It's like their catnip.

fishing with the fam posted:

What is the deal the one year contracts? Both Alshon and Pryor are going the one year deal route, when conventional wisdom was that they would get a more lucrative multiyear deal. I am really confused as to the why of these deals.

Same. :iiam:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

I think you do that when you're not happy with the multiyear deals you're actually getting and think you can play well enough to get a better one next year. If Pryor went to the Redskins for only 8m I'm guessing there was just not much interest, cause even if he would take less to get out of Cleveland it sure wouldn't be to go to Washington.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

They both have off-field issues (Alshon has been busted for PEDs and there are lots of stories/rumors of Pryor being a headcase disliked by his teammates/coaches) so they are signing 1-year prove-it deals to boost their value for next year's free agency period

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Ealy trade is addition by subtraction for Panthers. He has the physical tools, but either not the intelligence nor desire to put them to use. Maybe NE can work their magic, but Panthers don't lose anything here even if it was just 8 spots.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/armandosalguero/status/840310670612656128

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

SHOAH NUFF posted:

They both have off-field issues (Alshon has been busted for PEDs and there are lots of stories/rumors of Pryor being a headcase disliked by his teammates/coaches) so they are signing 1-year prove-it deals to boost their value for next year's free agency period

Also Pryor has been a receiver for only one year so it's not shocking people aren't willing to give him a lucrative long-term contract yet. A second good year literally doubles his experience and makes it much less likely it was a fluke.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

evilweasel posted:

Also Pryor has been a receiver for only one year so it's not shocking people aren't willing to give him a lucrative long-term contract yet. A second good year literally doubles his experience and makes it much less likely it was a fluke.
I would count one good year on the Browns with the revolving door of QBs and poor Oline play as more than one year of playing well.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

How do you feel about opposing teams catching balls uncontested because well

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Alshons probably fat again.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

evilweasel posted:

Redskins trading Haynesworth to the Patriots for a 5th rounder qualifies I think.

Used to pick a player with one career tackle. Even when the Pats lose, nobody wins.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

Alshons probably fat again.

That would be immensely stupid in a prove it year

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/840315670285996032

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Dolphins are idiots. How did Mike Tannenbaum get a second GM gig?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

The tackle market this year is hosed

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Slowpoke! posted:

To be fair it's a good trade for the Patriots. It's 8 spots at the end of the 2nd/early 3rd round. The draft capital is basically the same.

I guess it works out for the Panthers too because they are bringing back Charles Johnson and Julius Peppers, and Mario Addison has been decent. Ealy would have made the roster, but if they have lost confidence that he won't get any better in our system, then at least they get something out of him? If they are considering drafting a pass rusher then Ealy would have been the odd man out.

Also, there's probably a very reasonable chance that whoever the Pats wanted at the end of the 2nd would've been available at the Panthers 3rd rounder anyways, so it very well could just be them getting Ealy for nothing expect paying him.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Jeeesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

The tackle market this year is hosed

Seriously. I'm surprised nobody's signed Sebastian Vollmer yet. If he's healthy, he's a pretty good RT.

• Locked thread