Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

comedyblissoption posted:

jimmy dore roasting tom perez for responding with bullshit meally mouthed platitudes when asked what does the democratic party stand for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J2C-U8KtuE

this is why the democrats are wiped the gently caress out because they stand for loving nothing

This is perfect. I love how Jimmy says what Perez should have said before playing the clip.

And people wonder why we strongly preferred Elison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Democrats stand for doing whatever debasement necessary to keep Soros and the other last few holdout megadonors from cutting their losses and starting to curry favor with the party that controls more than the Portland, Maine subcommittee on bike lane policy.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
15 dollar minimum wage
paid family leave
weed (that pharma gets to sell like its booze)
improve obamacare somehow (?????)

there's your middling, neoliberal utopia that will win u an election, improve the lives of the common idiot, and not wound your donors. all of that poo poo polls at like 60%+ of the vote.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
if we get that in the next round of elections as somethign the democrats STand for, i think they could win along with going negative against trump but lol they're total morons and even those concessions are too much!!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

anime was right posted:

15 dollar minimum wage
paid family leave
weed (that pharma gets to sell like its booze)
improve obamacare somehow (?????)

there's your middling, neoliberal utopia that will win u an election, improve the lives of the common idiot, and not wound your donors. all of that poo poo polls at like 60%+ of the vote.

Nope, donors hate a national 15 dollar minimum wage and paid leave. As example evidence, Clinton and others' explanation for her and the platform opposing $15 being that many "business leaders" said it wouldn't work.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
obamacare could be improved easily by increasing subsidies, imposing price controls on pharmaceuticals, creating a public option that can provide a basic standard of care to all americans for a low cost/free, and subsidizing research for medical therapies instead of leaving it to companies to prioritize how they like. doesn't even require burning everything to the ground! one of my complaints about dem party is that many are content to defend the status quo rather than create forward-looking plans with a coherent vision.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Concerned Citizen posted:

obamacare could be improved easily by increasing subsidies, imposing price controls on pharmaceuticals, creating a public option that can provide a basic standard of care to all americans for a low cost/free, and subsidizing research for medical therapies instead of leaving it to companies to prioritize how they like. doesn't even require burning everything to the ground! one of my complaints about dem party is that many are content to defend the status quo rather than create forward-looking plans with a coherent vision.

Why are you supporting destroying Obamacare?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
getting clowned on by Jimmy Dore should be a sign that you need to step up your game because lol taht guy is the hugest retard in the TYT network

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

paranoid randroid posted:

getting clowned on by Jimmy Dore should be a sign that you need to step up your game because lol taht guy is the hugest retard in the TYT network

he has like all the right ideas but cannot articulate them in a digestible manner, somehow. i'd rather listen to alex jones because at least alex doesn't sound smarmy.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

zegermans posted:

Thnkx for your input guy with 18 posts in this thread

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:allears:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

actually they're both wrong

Phillips is insipid, and Sanders is wrong when he says that it's not the case that all Republicans are liars

Hey now, there are now some alt-right Republicans who aren being open that their motivations are racism and white nationalism. That's progress, right?

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Shear Modulus posted:

Why are you supporting destroying Obamacare?

well this would actually stay within the obamacare framework. i've said before that i think single payer is a bad route to go for us. if the entire healthcare industry dies, sure let's nationalize the whole thing. but politically it would be extremely hard to get through because people are generally more concerned about protecting what they already have than what they could get changing to a new system. not to mention that many, many people would lose their good paying jobs in the insurance industry. but saying, basically, you can keep what you have but we're going to make drugs cheaper and offer you more choices at a lower cost - that's not a hard sale. it's similar to the japanese UHC model which works very well for them.

the biggest basic issue with obamacare is that 1. it did not address cost drivers in providing healthcare, it focused almost exclusively on the payment side and 2. it was decided the bill could not increase the deficit, so subsidies were too skimpy.

Concerned Citizen has issued a correction as of 22:05 on Mar 10, 2017

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

anime was right posted:

he has like all the right ideas but cannot articulate them in a digestible manner, somehow. i'd rather listen to alex jones because at least alex doesn't sound smarmy.

i thought i couldnt stand Cenk Uygur until i listened to Dore for a while

then i realized that Cenk is pretty level headed and rational, compared to the alternative

of couuuuurse! *Gladiator soundclip*

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I've never watched Young Turks but from all the descriptions it sounds like Chapo Trap House except with worse politics, more annoying hosts, and worse jokes.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Can't wait for all the great things coming our way from the DNC establishment!

Like...more...obama care....

And...less....Trump care.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
cenk denies the Armenian genocide

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
TYT is bad and they shouldn't exist

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

logikv9 posted:

So it's Chapo Trap House except the Turkish nationalism isn't a joke.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

I've never watched Young Turks but from all the descriptions it sounds like Chapo Trap House except with worse politics, more annoying hosts, and worse jokes.

their politics are.... fine, i guess, but due to the cosmic law that every leftist podcast has to have some obnoxious downside theyre also massive chuckling meatheads

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

logikv9 posted:

Hill-folk deny muslim genocide in iraq

really makes you think

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Welcome back :)

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Hill-folk deny muslim genocide in iraq

really makes you think

okay tbs

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I'm pro white genocide

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Good thing there was a several month long DNC campaign that make perfectly clear that Tom Perez really shouldn't be in front of a camera that often

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

Tldr is they were super into Bernie, begrudgingly supported Hillary once the primaries were over, then went supernova when she lost in a landslide defeat. They usually have The Correct Opinion but can be obnoxious in a radio personality way. IIRC they did dece coverage of the native pipeline protest which was cool.

There's stuff about Cenk denying the armenian genocide, but AFAIK he apologized and stated that he does believe it happened since

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
actually he never stated that he believed it happened, he just apologized for explicitly denying it

Unless something new happened

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

logikv9 posted:

I'll start panicking by December if it keeps up

lol

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/meganmillersf/status/840252606219997185

murder me

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
mods change everybody else's name to conspiracy of love

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
cory booker is determined to be the most insufferable person alive

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Reminder that Sanders is the one that's a result of a hippy conspiracy to take government positions to advance peace and love

is there a turing test for something like this

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Hmmm a 20 behind him, what does it mean folks

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Neurolimal posted:

is there a turing test for something like this

yeah its 'did you get annoyed/angry upon reading that'

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

do you think booker went to a fundraiser with a bunch of education privatization advocates before or after the sxsw speech

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
We are all whistleblowers on the intercontinental spying program called hate

nopants
May 29, 2004
message to progressives form neoliberals: you should do what we say and vote for us

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
itt we're cory booker speechwriters

we are all cosmic explorers in the universe of hope

our policies must be a soup of justice, and the secret ingredient must be love

the darkness of bigotry can be banished by the light of our collective souls

Concerned Citizen has issued a correction as of 23:19 on Mar 10, 2017

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

*stares at blank page, struggling unsuccessfully to form meaningful sentences*
*Flops over dead, having choked to death on own tongue somehow.*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

we must be agents of love

life is about every single day, getting up to manifest your truth