Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Chairman Capone posted:

Whoah... what's this from?

IIRC it was a facebook post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
NEW TRAILER!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-2D7mi3tdO5RktSWms0cktwc1E/view

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
water dalek girl?

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Any mirrors or an indication of when the actual trailer will drop?

Edit - found one: https://transfer.sh/4JA6p/sun-16-apr-abc-trailer-doctor-who.mp4

cargohills fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Mar 10, 2017

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
i know it's only like a fraction of a second but that shot of the Cyberman is really effective

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Did I just see Nardole with the 4th Doctors sonic? :allears:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Box of Bunnies posted:

i know it's only like a fraction of a second but that shot of the Cyberman is really effective

Yeah I think the old school ones are going to be the creepier ones in lower light.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Thinking about it we've never really had the chance to see them moving in colour and filmed by people who knew what they were doing.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Man I love this shot. The lips!

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

The_Doctor posted:

Man I love this shot. The lips!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The first episode of Series 10 is called The Pilot. No idea what happened to A Star in Her Eye.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

all-Rush mixtape posted:

The first episode of Series 10 is called The Pilot. No idea what happened to A Star in Her Eye.

50 years too late for that

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
There's going to be a 3-parter for episodes 6, 7, and 8 involving a group called the Monks. Hopefully meddling.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
HEY HEY WE'RE THE MONKS

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
I hope they're still the same Monks from the werewolf episode.

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002

all-Rush mixtape posted:

There's going to be a 3-parter for episodes 6, 7, and 8 involving a group called the Monks. Hopefully meddling.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monks

Remember the Scooby Doo cartoons where the gang would stumble upon some famous people or band at the beginning and they'd all go on an adventure together? Think that, but with more rock banjo.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

In case you were worried she was going to get left out, Bill gets her own Special Companion Name too:

quote:

The Pilot

Two worlds collide when the Doctor meets Bill.

A chance encounter with a girl with a star in her eye leads to a terrifying chase across time and space. Bill’s mind is opened to a Universe that is bigger and more exciting than she could possibly have imagined – but who is the Doctor, and what is his secret mission with Nardole on Earth?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Moffat has to be loving with us at this point

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I like how the synopsis's phrasing indicates that she has no clue who the Doctor is, but Nardole is a known quantity.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Moffat has to be loving with us at this point

No, she's literally got a universe inside her head. The season mystery is who placed it there and why.

Turns out it's Missy and Davros and it's a universe where Daleks are the dominant species.

Capaldi regenerates because he takes all of that universe into his own mind and reboots himself to wipe it from existence.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Seems plausible.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

PriorMarcus posted:

No, she's literally got a universe inside her head. The season mystery is who placed it there and why.

Turns out it's Missy and Davros and it's a universe where Daleks are the dominant species.

Capaldi regenerates because he takes all of that universe into his own mind and reboots himself to wipe it from existence.

That...that's exactly what's going to happen, isn't it? This sounds exactly like a season reveal of the show.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

thrawn527 posted:

That...that's exactly what's going to happen, isn't it? This sounds exactly like a season reveal of the show.

It's plausible but I feel like that would be far too downbeat for a Christmas special.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Marcus works for them so that's probably 100% accurate

GonSmithe fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Mar 30, 2017

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Too bad echoplex left before finishing out the season.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

quote:

A chance encounter with a girl with a star in her eye leads to a terrifying chase across time and space. Bill’s mind is opened to a Universe that is bigger and more exciting than she could possibly have imagined – but who is the Doctor, and what is his secret mission with Nardole on Earth?
It seems clunky that those two sentences would be from the perspectives of different characters. Any chance the girl with a star in her eye is someone Bill has an encounter with?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

GonSmithe posted:

Marcus works for them

Wait, what? Since when?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Not Doctor Who, the company. I just didn't want to post the name just in case.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

The_Doctor posted:

In case you were worried she was going to get left out, Bill gets her own Special Companion Name too:

He should come up with something really crazy like referring to the companion as a woman rather than a girl.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

So Bill is gay. :toot:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

I sincerely hope this is handled maturely by scripts.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

jivjov posted:

I sincerely hope this is handled maturely by scripts.

What are you trying to say Moffat doesn't have a good track record of writing lesbian characters?

I make myself sad thinking about this

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
At least this way we don't get another "DOES SHE WANT TO FUKC THE DOCTOR????" subplot.

hopefully she has a somewhat grounded and realistic relationship, like Amy and Rory got, and not like anime ninja maid and vore fetish lizardwoman. Actually, I hope Moffat kills those two before he leaves.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Surely not a spoiler when it's on the national news website? In fact, I heard it on the six o'clock news on BBC Radio 2 while I was driving home, which is about as non-spoiler as you can get. :confused:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

Surely not a spoiler when it's on the national news website? In fact, I heard it on the six o'clock news on BBC Radio 2 while I was driving home, which is about as non-spoiler as you can get. :confused:

Spoiler policy, cover of radio times, Martha Jones is a Rutan, etc.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

"Bill’s gay and it shouldn’t be a big deal."

DOCTOR WHO GETS FIRST OPENLY GAY COMPANION!! BBC NEWS

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

AndyElusive posted:

"Bill’s gay and it shouldn’t be a big deal."

DOCTOR WHO GETS FIRST OPENLY GAY COMPANION!! BBC NEWS

She clearly means it shouldn't be a big deal within the show, and says in the very same interview why representation is important, though. :)

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Hemingway To Go! posted:

At least this way we don't get another "DOES SHE WANT TO FUKC THE DOCTOR????" subplot.

hopefully she has a somewhat grounded and realistic relationship, like Amy and Rory got, and not like anime ninja maid and vore fetish lizardwoman. Actually, I hope Moffat kills those two before he leaves.

yes, let's all hope that gay women get killed off

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
So........... the woman with the masculine name is gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DoctorWhat posted:

yes, let's all hope that gay women get killed off

That's not what was said at all.

Come on man, you're better than that.

• Locked thread