Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Casimir Radon posted:

Apparently Avatar 2 won't be coming out next year. If they manage to get it out in 2019 that that will have been a decade, which should be plenty of time for people to evaluate why they care?
They are opening a new expansion at Disney's Animal Kingdom down here in the summer that is Pandora themed.

Which they built in maybe 3 years, aka 1/3 of the time it apparently takes to make an Avatar movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Forgot how 90's the Trainspotting soundtrack is too, which is amusing seeing as they reference it a lot in the new trailer. drat that was a great soundtrack.

Also the problem with monster vs. monster movies is that they always have to write some stupid humans doing stupid things which take away from the awesome monster battle. Seriously the first Alien vs. Predator movie would have been so much awesome without any humans in it (though actually thinking about it it still would have sucked).

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

MariusLecter posted:

As a relation to Peter Keyes(Gary Busey)?

I sure as hell hope so, but I don't know yet.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Syncopated posted:

That list of writers isn't inspiring much confidence tbh.

:same: but then again Legendary aren't exactly known for the strength of their writing stable so I'm not sure what I expected

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

wyoming posted:

Would Hackers 2 be The Net or Swordfish?

There actually is a Hackers 2. It has Skeet Ulrich and Russel Wong in it. It's subtitle is 'Operation Takedown' and it's based on a true story. It was one of those 'producer owns the sequel rights and so slaps it on a movie never intended to have sequels' just like American Psycho 2 or Bad Lieutenant 2. I have absolutely no idea why I retained any of this information.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Takedown is a Kevin Mitnick biopic. The movie poster doesn't even say Hackers 2.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Josh Lyman posted:

Takedown is a Kevin Mitnick biopic. The movie poster doesn't even say Hackers 2.

Google Hackers 2 and there's a bunch of posters that do. Most of them are in Spanish.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Grendels Dad posted:

And that Angelina Jolie is kinda hot. Stupid haircut aside.

I like that haircut.

Speaking of hair, Kristen Stewart cut and dyed her hair for her new "underwater Armageddon" movie and she looks like Eminem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-bZQJ3P9N0
edit: Still hot.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Mar 11, 2017

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Josh Lyman posted:

Refreshing my memory on Mitnick got me in a short Wikipedia hole and I found out that 2600 magazine still exists, the concept of a quarterly hacking magazine seemed outdated when I was a kid, but good on them.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

That would be awesome, also where the hell did Atomic Blonde come from?

No idea but I know where she's going, in my local cinema - where I'll buy a ticket. :pram:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

That would be awesome, also where the hell did Atomic Blonde come from?

It's one of the guys behind the first John Wick directing it. This is apparently what he did between that and getting the Deadpool 2 job.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/kateleth/status/840254283861774336

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Sad that nobody's putting forth the Good Burger soundtrack for consideration. Warren G, Digital Underground, Less Than Jake, The Presidents Of The United States Of America, George Clinton, The Pharcyde, and Kel Mitchell. Come on.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
More action films please steal john wick style fight choreography thank you that movie looks amazing

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The choreography of that clip is kinda lovely imo. Theron is an unconvincing punchee

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Timby posted:

THR is getting really lazy.

No, they did not; the script that they wrote with Bob Orci was so bad that it got them fired and Orci fired from directing the movie (which is when Simon Pegg and Doug Jung began writing it). They don't even have a credit on Beyond, so I don't know how THR pulled that out of their rear end. And as of December Pegg and Jung are working on Star Trek 4.

Is the original terrible script floating around anywhere? I'm morbidly curious how much worse it could be then the Into Darkness script. If that piece of poo poo was good enough to film and I can't imagine they could do any worse.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Vegetable posted:

The choreography of that clip is kinda lovely imo.

Getting American Ultra flashbacks with the choreography.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Is the original terrible script floating around anywhere? I'm morbidly curious how much worse it could be then the Into Darkness script. If that piece of poo poo was good enough to film and I can't imagine they could do any worse.

It's never leaked, but the story outline did: A rogue group of Vulcans steals some red matter and they intend to create another singularity like in '09, in an attempt to restore the original timeline (and therefore restore Vulcan). The Enterprise is assigned to stop them. At some point, Kirk has a crisis of conscience and considers letting them go through with it, because it would restore the timeline in which he knew his Dad. Eventually, he meets ShatnerKirk, Days of Future Past-style, who talks him through his bullshit and convinces him that everyone in the Kelvin timeline must be allowed to live and follow their own path.

It was bad.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
When I think 90's soundtracks I think Dreams.

Incomplete list that I spent WAY TOO LONG on:
1999 Charmed
1998 You've Got Mail
1998 Shot Through the Heart
1997 Blackrock
1997 Party of Five
1996 Lying Eyes (TV Movie)
1996 Mission: Impossible
1996 Malibu Shores
1995 Back of Beyond
1995 Beverly Hills, 90210
1995 Butterfly Kiss
1995 Boys on the Side
1995 The Baby-Sitters Club
1994 Milk Money
1994 The Next Karate Kid
1994 Chungking Express
1994 Radio Inside
1994 Safe Passage

Fave Version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hHznB-_Gbs

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It doesn't sound inherently any better or worse to me really, it would be down to the actual writing and execution. Yeah it sounds like fanfiction but so does every other Star Trek film.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
No way, Insurrection is EXACTLY like a regular episode of season 1 TNG. :P

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

parallelodad posted:

It doesn't sound inherently any better or worse to me really, it would be down to the actual writing and execution. Yeah it sounds like fanfiction but so does every other Star Trek film.

Seriously, it's not like Beyond told some great story. Everything good about Beyond, like the Beastie Boys bit, is on the quality of the execution.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Vegetable posted:

The choreography of that clip is kinda lovely imo. Theron is an unconvincing punchee

I'm extremely convinced by the choreography in the bit where she's writhing around with Sofia Boutella.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Yeah dude the titty-grab choreography is on point

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Can confirm Kong is a good time full of a giant ape wrecking the poo poo of people and monsters.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The MSJ posted:

The business card dick-waving contest is the funniest part of American Psycho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJEErf9bZWM

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Len posted:

Can confirm Kong is a good time full of a giant ape wrecking the poo poo of people and monsters.

I can confirm that no monster or person remains unwrecked. It is pretty amazing the level of 'How the gently caress did he just die?' the movie sets.

Bamboo grove is the champ

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Can't believe that in the discussion about '90s soundtracks, no one's mentioned The Saint.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Young Freud posted:

Can't believe that in the discussion about '90s soundtracks, no one's mentioned The Saint.
I remember nothing about the soundtrack. Mind you the last time I watched it was on VHS.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Young Freud posted:

I didn't remember anything but the theme by Orbital but checking the rest was of the songs I certainly approve. It even has some Dreadzone from back when their ambient dubs were harder than the beats.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Young Freud posted:

This is one of those weird movies that I honestly loving love and I'm only half sure why. Val Kilmer's great in it and I like the female lead's uninhibited idealism.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The Saint + Master of Disguise probably makes for a delightful double bill.

Edit: The Saint + The Jackal if you are not feeling all that adventurous.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Mar 11, 2017

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Master of Disguise? Where Dana Carvey is a turtle? :crossarms:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

:haw:

EDIT: Christ, I don't believe they thought this through

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Mar 12, 2017

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

John C. Reilly said Kong was "still growing" because he knows this for some reason. Kong will be tall enough to "fight" Godzilla when the time comes though god knows we're gonna end in some dumb Batman v. Superman team-up situation by the end of the film. Of course, that was basically the entire back half of the first Godzilla series, but Legendary will try to play it too straight and it will just be awkward.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Here's hoping for a comedy bit where someone accidentally throws a growth serum on Kong.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Well, he had been watching Kong for the past thirty years, so he might have noticed him getting bigger.

I'm an engineer and I have to keep resisting the urge to scream 'Square-Cube Law' at the top of my lungs everytime I see a giant whatever movie...I still love them though.

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Mar 12, 2017

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

We all know how this is going to turn out:

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

Gatts posted:

Here's hoping for a comedy bit where someone accidentally throws a growth serum on Kong.

I wish I knew how to do video editing so that I could post a great bit from the classic 1961 British mad scientist film "Konga" where a chimpanzee is turned into a man in a gorilla suit via a growth serum and the magic of lap dissolves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Tars Tarkas posted:

We all know how this is going to turn out:

Beyond my wildest imagination

• Locked thread