Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

:irony:

Somebody kelp this guy already!?!

:krakentoot::can:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Sounds to me like the only thing worse than being banned from posting in TGRS is being a minority.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Kelp Me! posted:

oh good you're back I'm sorry you melted down at me in 2 threads simultaneously, I eagerly await your next post in the lovely apartment thread continuing your weird rants about this magical fantasy concept called "tenant-landlord laws"

holy poo poo :chillpill: out.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Space Crabs posted:

I kinda feel like the olive branch between us, that will keep you from ruining good threads with an 8 hour straight meltdown, is me getting you to concede that what I said was reasonable.

The law isn't a perfect shield you can resolve problems with in 100% of situations because you are right or it's fair. That isn't how the world works.

I'm really sorry I set you off on some kind of crazy posting spree because I said as much sarcastically and you apparently can't process the possibility of situations you personally don't consider plausible.

I'll give you the apartment thread if you shut the gently caress up, jesus christ.

nah

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

:irony:

Somebody kelp this guy already!?!

:krakentoot::can:

I can't think of a good pun for your username that doesn't involve "saur=sore" and that makes me madder than anything else said in this thread :mad:

Bud K ninja sword posted:

holy poo poo :chillpill: out.

I'm trying I'm just so full of emotions right now

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Kelp Me! posted:

I'm trying I'm just so full of emotions right now

its a really polite shut the gently caress up friend. or go make a thread in e/n if you need to vent so drat much.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

oldpainless posted:

In the thread where the mods complain about reports I would like to request that they also show who reported the posts.
Truly bad reports are pretty rare, rare enough that it's counterproductive to further discourage reporting by shaming those who bother to do it at all.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

its a really polite shut the gently caress up friend. or go make a thread in e/n if you need to vent so drat much.

I will do my best to avoid idiotic slapfights and multi-page careposts in the future, I apologize for dragging that poo poo out for so long.

oldpainless posted:

In the thread where the mods complain about reports I would like to request that they also show who reported the posts.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Space Crabs posted:

shut the gently caress up, jesus christ

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Have Kelp Me! and that other guy hosed yet? Good lord.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Donald Trump is the president of the United States of America.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I hate the comic book Saga there i said it

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Truly bad reports are pretty rare, rare enough that it's counterproductive to further discourage reporting by shaming those who bother to do it at all.

Wasn't there a mod who started giving out Gang Tags for certain posters who had, like, 25+ instances of successful reports? "Snitches & Witches?" "Teachers' Pets?"

All I remember is how quickly the userbase turned on those posters. It was probably ill-advised but it was still hilarious.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Wasn't there a mod who started giving out Gang Tags for certain posters who had, like, 25+ instances of successful reports? "Snitches & Witches?" "Teachers' Pets?"

All I remember is how quickly the userbase turned on those posters. It was probably ill-advised but it was still hilarious.

that is awesome.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Lol no I don't remember that but it's pretty funny. I know who the snitches are but I ain't gonna sell them out - a mod is only as good as his informants.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Alaois posted:

Lying.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lol no I don't remember that but it's pretty funny. I know who the snitches are but I ain't gonna sell them out - a mod is only as good as his informants.

Otoh, snitches get stitches. :colbert:

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Imagine being so angry and so dumb that when you call the police after a man slams your corn cob dick in a car door and the dispatcher laughs about your corn cob dick plight, you call the police again to report them to themselves

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I got made a mod because of my successful snitching :twisted:

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Troposphere posted:

I got made a mod because of my successful snitching :twisted:

Another GBS success story! :regd16:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I snitch all the time and all I got was a lousy 3-day probe given by mistake. :mad:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

food court bailiff posted:

Just for context, this poster has complained in the past week about being too bitchmade to honk at children playing in the street to the point where he had to stop behind them.

I would like to hear about this saga.

Yeah that's definitely a rule I enforce in GBS, click report when you see it. It's hard to know who bought custom titles though, lowtax himself basically has to contact the payment processor. The SA store is explicitly not tied to your account for better or worse.

If you report it and say "bad custom title" and it's a suicide request I'm happy to blank it, has to be in GBS for me to queue it up though. I'm sure some other mods feel similarly.

This was my policy in GIP. If I saw it I blanked it.

Nostalgia4Infinity has a new favorite as of 01:50 on Mar 11, 2017

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i came here for the epic sagas of the sa forums and all i got was this lousy mod sass

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Smythe posted:

i came here for the epic sagas of the sa forums and all i got was this lousy mod sass

Why don't you find someone to complain about it? :colbert:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

VendaGoat posted:

Why don't you find someone to complain about it? :colbert:

remember goon tower. i remember

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Pretty sure it was Teacher's Pets.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

make the game

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Alaois posted:

Saga has a nice two pages dedicated to a space dragon sucking his own dick so I would argue the comic is in fact great

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Saga has a nice two pages dedicated to a space dragon sucking his own dick so I would argue the comic is in fact great

this is part of the reason i don't like saga, it feels too self-indulgently weird. like the authors are constantly wiggling their fingers in my face and saying "WHOAAAAAAAAA AM I FREAKING YOU OUT?"

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Don't kinkshame

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I liked the whole low carb diet thing.

Incidentially, sizzlechest is still evading his fyad-only status with an alt account :colbert:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

it was a couple weeks ago but this post seemed significant to me:

fishmech posted:

idk when my fiancee finally moved off of verizon, it took like a week of getting paperwork and verification to actually let her move her number from verizon to cricket. that phone was still on a contract though, so it might be easier to move poo poo off a prepaid carrier?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Palpek posted:

Rename Leper's Colony to this, tia.

When did "colony" get the Y back anyway?

theflyingorc posted:

a gigantic list of people who cannot post there, which includes people who have never attempted to post there, is really really funny and petty from the outside

I wanted to suggest adding Koala March to the list but s/he seems to have no sense of humor from the drama I've heard :shrug:

got any sevens has a new favorite as of 04:53 on Mar 11, 2017

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
This is one of those cases where I want both sides to lose. Most of the people on that list are horrible posters in general and Koala's March is a crazy obsessed person in charge of a forum specifically created as a containment zone for posters too toxic to just ban outright.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This is one of those cases where I want both sides to lose. Most of the people on that list are horrible posters in general and Koala's March is a crazy obsessed person in charge of a forum specifically created as a containment zone for posters too toxic to just ban outright.

You have the greatest username ever.

i thought this was the sagas thread not lovely subforum discussion.

Smythe posted:

:agreed:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Anarchy in the SA

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

steinrokkan posted:

what's next, punctuation. bans:?

you laugh now, but i still remember that one gbs mod that would throw probies out constantly for non-capitalization or incorrect use of apostrophes with stupid ban reasons like "USE YOUR SHIFT KEY YOU STUPID lovely loving rear end in a top hat BITCH!!!!"

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

I Said No posted:

you laugh now, but i still remember that one gbs mod that would throw probies out constantly for non-capitalization or incorrect use of apostrophes with stupid ban reasons like "USE YOUR SHIFT KEY YOU STUPID lovely loving rear end in a top hat BITCH!!!!"

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

I Said No posted:

That was Kewpuh, wasn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
nah definitely wasn't kewpuh
i don't remember the mod's name, it MAY have been NotJust4Breakfast but i'm not really confident that was it