Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

tarbrush posted:

I've no problem believing they'll hold onto Misi till the draft, just to make sure they don't get caught without enough bodies.

How come Pittsburgh hasn't made more effort to keep Timmons?

Timmons is good, but he used to be low key great. His speed has declined, and he can't run with slot guys, TEs or backs anymore, but he's still pretty great at everything else. He's a tackling machine, plays with violence. Really, really good blitzer from inside. That all said, Brady destroyed him in the AFCCG by isolating him on Edelman or Hogan, and welp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

lol at all the teams burning through their "contender" windows with the Pats in the league.

Tanking owns.

Are they leaving the league at some point?

LOL I just saw they signed Catanzaro. They are tanking at kicker too! #suckforsam is real.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Mar 11, 2017

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Metapod posted:

titans signed NT Sylvester Williams

He any good?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/840391564434243584

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

I am legit relieved Carolina isn't on that list.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/840389097134915584

dang man

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Leperflesh posted:

What is a Brock Coyle? The niners have signed him from the Hawks. Just a camp body?

Nah, he's better than that. He's been a very solid backup LB for a while, plays special teams too IIRC. Kinda sad to see him go.

My wife's stepdad absolutely loves the guy, mostly because they're both Montana grads.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/jasonjwilde/status/840394907491659776

Hell yeah even better. Ted wasn't being stingy.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Leperflesh posted:

What is a Brock Coyle? The niners have signed him from the Hawks. Just a camp body?

As far as I know he has seen game time as a back-up and made a few starts when injuries necessitated it. He's probably JAG but given the state of the team he'll probably at least make the final roster.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Yessssssss! Get it done Ballard & Irsay!

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Any team that agrees to deal with the Pats is pretty much retarded.

Madden used to have this feature where if your team got too good then literally every other team would refuse to deal with you regardless of if you were "losing" the trade. I feel like we are close to one of those situations here.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Are they leaving the league at some point?

LOL I just saw they signed Catanzaro. They are tanking at kicker too! #suckforsam is real.

i dunno why they would want him over a udfa kicker. i think it was jay feely was bitching about how the cardinals run a super stupid kicking timing setup that led to the blocks and easier rushes but even fixing that it doesn't seem like he was all that great in the clutch department

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

gently caress everything about this

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

:toot:

Having two great receivers and two great TEs

christ

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
And then it dawned on everyone that 2016 was a transitional year for the Pats where they purged key contributors in return for picks and future cap space.

lol

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

sean10mm posted:

And then it dawned on everyone that 2016 was a transitional year for the Pats where they purged key contributors in return for picks and future cap space.

lol

I am not going to be shocked if I wake up tomorrow and Brady got traded for a 1st.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

evilweasel posted:

I am not going to be shocked if I wake up tomorrow and Brady got traded for a 1st.

Bill won't even let Jimmy go for one.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
After all his talking Adam Schefter is going to look like the worlds biggest douchebag if Jimmy ends up getting traded.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

a new study bible! posted:

Any team that agrees to deal with the Pats is pretty much retarded.

Madden used to have this feature where if your team got too good then literally every other team would refuse to deal with you regardless of if you were "losing" the trade. I feel like we are close to one of those situations here.

Not a stable equilibrium

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

After all his talking Adam Schefter is going to look like the worlds biggest douchebag if Jimmy ends up getting traded.

So no change then?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

That said I'm as flabbergasted as anyone else at this Cooks deal and it's pretty awesome but receiver is not exactly an "area of need" for us atm and I'm still worried we haven't heard anything about Hightower

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

loquacius posted:

That said I'm as flabbergasted as anyone else at this Cooks deal and it's pretty awesome but receiver is not exactly an "area of need" for us atm and I'm still worried we haven't heard anything about Hightower

as i said a couple days ago he followed a bunch of titans on instagram say good bye

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Intruder what is a Don Jones

https://twitter.com/49ers/status/840409000042729473

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
so Dion sims got a nearly identical contract to martellus Bennett? what the gently caress?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

On Mockdraftable, the closest comparison to Brandin Cooks is...Deion Branch

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/brandin-cooks

Whose closest comparison is... Julian Edelman

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/deion-branch

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Kalli posted:

On Mockdraftable, the closest comparison to Brandin Cooks is...Deion Branch

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/brandin-cooks

Whose closest comparison is... Julian Edelman

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/deion-branch

Of course. :ms:

He's about a quadrillion times faster than either one however.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Eh. Even the Patriots don't put much stock in 40 times.

Cooks is fast as gently caress, but Edelman still tears right by people.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Everyone shut the gently caress up about the patriots and tell me about nose tackle sly Williams

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
So, the Eagles are loaded up on offensive linemen and apparently they are set to retain all of them. Even Kelce. This is what we currently look like without the practice squad guys:

Jason Kelce (C)
Isaac Seumalo (C, G)
Steven Wisniewski (C, G)
Chance Warmack (G)
Brandon Brooks (G)
Matt Tobin (G)
Allen Barbre (G, T)
Jason Peters (T)
Lane Johnson (T)
Halapoulivaati Vaitai (T)

The best part? They are all usually starters.

Considering we started 5 different right tackles due to injury last season, I am cool with this development. Eagles are all innnnnn on Wentzzzz

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
How the gently caress is Allen Barbre still on a team?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
He's been solid, actually

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Metapod posted:

Everyone shut the gently caress up about the patriots and tell me about nose tackle sly Williams

Hearing he kinda sucks

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Metapod posted:

All I can tell you is he's never what bothered me about Denver's DL. That obviously doesn't automatically make him bad because they've had a hell of a line recently.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Somebody tell me more about Chance Warmack

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

89 posted:

Somebody tell me more about Chance Warmack

He's bad at pass blocking and regressed in his run blocking

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

I literally have no idea who that is

Google says he's a safety but I can't remember him ever seeing the field and if you don't see the field as a safety for the Houston Texans you're pretty lovely. Even Corey Moore got a ton of snaps and he was the guy on Hard Knocks who got Charles James cut

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

I literally have no idea who that is

Google says he's a safety but I can't remember him ever seeing the field and if you don't see the field as a safety for the Houston Texans you're pretty lovely. Even Corey Moore got a ton of snaps and he was the guy on Hard Knocks who got Charles James cut

I looked him up, he's been in the league for 4 years and played on 5 teams somehow. His only start came for you guys though.

I guess he plays special teams? PFR doesn't have him recording a tackle or any other stat other than games played and that one start since 2014.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/VicTafur/status/840400484674428929?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Raiders, Chiefs, and Seahawks are the only 3 teams left who have signed no one.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
double post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

89 posted:

So, the Eagles are loaded up on offensive linemen and apparently they are set to retain all of them. Even Kelce. This is what we currently look like without the practice squad guys:

Jason Kelce (C)
Isaac Seumalo (C, G)
Steven Wisniewski (C, G)
Chance Warmack (G)
Brandon Brooks (G)
Matt Tobin (G)
Allen Barbre (G, T)
Jason Peters (T)
Lane Johnson (T)
Halapoulivaati Vaitai (T)

The best part? They are all usually starters.

Considering we started 5 different right tackles due to injury last season, I am cool with this development. Eagles are all innnnnn on Wentzzzz

Now all Lane needs to do is stop taking steroids.

• Locked thread