Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
700+ ES chests with a 5L on top of it? No, people actively craft those type of chests to sell since they're in demand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

they wont be 1.5 ex for the whole league but you arent ever going to get one for like 10c either

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
700 ES chests with int and resists are always somewhat expensive, especially with how big HoWA is.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
Right on. I'm new to CI builds so I didn't really have a frame of reference but I assumed as much. Thanks for the confirmation.
:negative:

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Man there was a corrupted 6l with my exact gem colours and decent stats to boot for 10c and I'm stuck here at work and now it's gone. Bah. I really shouldn't keep poe.trade saved searches open it just makes me angry.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Man there was a corrupted 6l with my exact gem colours and decent stats to boot for 10c and I'm stuck here at work and now it's gone. Bah. I really shouldn't keep poe.trade saved searches open it just makes me angry.

Did you have "online-only" toggled? Might still be around, just the seller is offline.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Ooh good point. It's gone, but there's a better one for 15c heh. I just hit 80 and I've never really levelled a character higher than that before. It's hard to tell whether it's faster to save the 120c for my scourge or spend more chaos now and increase my earning capacity.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

The item that improves you now is always better then the item that improves you later. 15c isn't going to slow your saving toward a scourge if it allows you to farm faster.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Also Scourge eventually stabilizes in the 10-20 chaos range. It's just really early in the league right now. I wouldn't buy for over 1 exalt.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Ultima66 posted:

Also Scourge eventually stabilizes in the 10-20 chaos range. It's just really early in the league right now. I wouldn't buy for over 1 exalt.

This, the weapon I'm using on my character started off at like 3 exalts when it started showing up on poe trade and now it's down to 4 chaos. If you can't afford a piece of gear, sometimes you just have to wait a few days

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
edit - Im dumb, wrong league

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin
Are white 6 socket chests worth anything?

My loot filter made some BWONG sound when they dropped.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

DigitalMocking posted:

Are white 6 socket chests worth anything?

My loot filter made some BWONG sound when they dropped.

7 jewellers if you sell it to a vendor

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I read that as "6 white sockets" and thought he was referring to a Tabula. :downs:

Yes, what Magus said. I always try to pick them up for Jeweler's so I can give them to Vorici later to give me sockets on stuff I actually want.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

Running this in Shaped Promenade maps is awesome. 400+ rampage streaks by the time I get to the end boss. The Invasion stone gets consistent rare kills for the 20% movement and cast speed.

This league is so good.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

My first one.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Shame you didn't get the fishing mod.

rawr im a tree
Jul 4, 2008
anyone else having client troubles? constant disconnects between zones and completely locking up their computer? playing like this uh.. not ideal.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

funmanguy posted:

My first one.

Would that be insane for any build that focuses on stacking an attribute or does the increased attributes not give as much as I'm assuming?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Would that be insane for any build that focuses on stacking an attribute or does the increased attributes not give as much as I'm assuming?
It would indeed be insane for builds that stack single attribute.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

rawr im a tree posted:

anyone else having client troubles? constant disconnects between zones and completely locking up their computer? playing like this uh.. not ideal.

Disable Mutlithreading and switch to DX9.

Solved all my issues.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

On the subject of gear upgrades:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/StashAugustine/characters

I'm starting yellow maps and I feel both flimsy and not doing a lot of damage. I have an ex and like 70c, I need to get a Death's Opus. Should I go into defensive gear first?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

RosaParksOfDip posted:

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Seems god-tier for HoWA

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

So I'm wondering wether I should be rolling with this BV berserker that goes cospris and dual obliterations with Vaal pact that I've levelled up a little bit already or level up a similar BV guy except as an occultist that goes CI. CI looks a lot smoother for end game but more expensive, I've only ever done life builds in end game and sometimes it's pretty loving scary, I'm doubly worried about going life and Vaal pact although I've heard berserkers have good sustain.

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

cinci zoo sniper posted:

What about builds that stack every attribute, eh? funman, you have the chance to make the world's first slightly better than mediocre Pillar of the Caged Gods build.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Bob NewSCART posted:

So I'm wondering wether I should be rolling with this BV berserker that goes cospris and dual obliterations with Vaal pact that I've levelled up a little bit already or level up a similar BV guy except as an occultist that goes CI. CI looks a lot smoother for end game but more expensive, I've only ever done life builds in end game and sometimes it's pretty loving scary, I'm doubly worried about going life and Vaal pact although I've heard berserkers have good sustain.

Good sustain is an understatement, everything deals savage hits to you. Zerker bv doesn't need a cospris, just get a 6l with lots of life. The idea is: it's a super cheap build that can do everything except maybe Shaper and Uber Atziri (and for some reason Dark Forest?). And you can try those with Wyrmsign and a Kaoms Heart if you don't mind dying a lot.

A CI Occultist on the other hand could do anything in the game, as long as you pour in the EX. But you have to have those EX first.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Bouquet posted:

What about builds that stack every attribute, eh? funman, you have the chance to make the world's first slightly better than mediocre Pillar of the Caged Gods build.
If you get each stat up to 500 or so with everything else (idk, haven't played a build like that), it'll be better than, say, Astramentis. On the other hand, these were rare even in Talisman league, and I'd be more likely to get a +1 curse Astramentis.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

If I wanted to make a facebreaker Slayer, would my build tree change much depending on my skill choice? I'm not a fan of totems so my three preferred choices are cyclone (meh), ice crash (never tried) and shield charge.

rawr im a tree
Jul 4, 2008

FillInTheBlank posted:

Disable Mutlithreading and switch to DX9.

Solved all my issues.

these are the settings i'm already using. :(

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ciaphas posted:

If I wanted to make a facebreaker Slayer, would my build tree change much depending on my skill choice? I'm not a fan of totems so my three preferred choices are cyclone (meh), ice crash (never tried) and shield charge.

not really imo, you'll always be dealing aoe and melee damage

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Ok so I have a 3,4Ghz i7 920 and a gtx 970. FPS and frametimes were piss poor on breaches etc. Multithread on, dx11 beta on.

I went to look for more tweaks and found a "--experimental-frame-optimizations" comandline parameter. For some reason frametimes are now smooth no matter how much crap at screen. 2.3.3 patch notes said the optimizations should have been enabled by default in 2.4.. and it's 2.6 now. What gives? Is my .ini/settings hosed because they didn't work automatically?

Anyways, praise Chris for making poe smooth again with this one weird trick.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Got a pretty close to max rolled abyssus just randomly going through a T1 map.
I was actually trying to figure out what to sell it for, before I realized I was playing a physical blade flurry character and just maybe I should keep it. Tried it on and holy poo poo the dps increase o_O

Now I just need to figure out how to regear because getting resists capped wearing this many uniques seems hard.

e:
Actually, I can just retool a few nodes on my tree to pick up the +resistance nodes near the scion area, since I was headed there for the life ring anyways. Turns out I don't need as many leech nodes now that the damage I'm doing is comical compared to what it was before.

animatorZed fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Mar 11, 2017

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
couldn't even six socket my mahori erqi with all my jewls, even after buying a bunch from vendors (total 250 or so) :saddowns:

the hcssf life

oh well, a 4 link mahori is still a 5-link weapon so i can smash some faces in until i get more currency. this is the best mode and im way more motivated to play than i've ever been.

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
I'm glad the new threshold jewel got me screwing around with magma orb. It's a really versatile spell. 3 projectiles is more than enough for a good pack clearing spread, and slower proj + conc effect can land triple hits on single targets.

Being able to double dip on both projectile and area damage begs for ignite, so I tried an emberwake setup on a life/MoM inquisitor with pledge of hands and it melted shaper better than any non-poison build I've seen. Pretty durable too, about 8.5k ehp with good leech and regen.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Turns out wanders are still half-decent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfssRpKNYTo

Hauki
May 11, 2010

So did someone stream a good zombie build or something? My shits been listed for days with no interest and suddenly I get like a dozen whispers for my baron including some over asking, another whisper for the lovely belt, bones of ullr and the zombie gem.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

No idea, but Ziz was recently buying stuff for animebomber build.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

TheRat posted:

Turns out wanders are still half-decent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfssRpKNYTo

CI pathfinder: still elevating mediocre builds into the stratosphere

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Goa Tse-tung posted:

mediocre builds

Wow. Mods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Hauki posted:

So did someone stream a good zombie build or something? My shits been listed for days with no interest and suddenly I get like a dozen whispers for my baron including some over asking, another whisper for the lovely belt, bones of ullr and the zombie gem.

Ziggy's been playing strength zombies.

• Locked thread