Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

fyodor posted:

God Sean Spicer looks like dogshit. Why would anyone take that job?? Why doesn't he resign before he jumps off the White House roof?

I bet he figures the longer he stays on the more he can charge for appearance and speaking fees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Can someone sincerely explain to me, a dumb & gay retard, what the actual problems with Obamacare are, because every time someone talks about Obamacare they preface it with the concession "Obamacare has some problems, but," and never enunciate what those problems are

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

TheMostFrench posted:

Someone needs to try a prosthetic arm gag on Trump.

LMAO I would die of lols

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Heath posted:

Can someone sincerely explain to me, a dumb & gay retard, what the actual problems with Obamacare are, because every time someone talks about Obamacare they preface it with the concession "Obamacare has some problems, but," and never enunciate what those problems are

you've heard so many people say it because the nature of the problem depends on perspective. sometimes the problem was its legal implementation, eg. that it didn't explicitly make each state accept its Medicaid expansion. other people think the problem is broader, usually because it lacked a public option, since Joe Lieberman et al nailed that coffin shut. of course the Correct opinion about the problem is that it's not single-payer health care, because health insurance is a parasitic industry

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

So, healthcare in America is silly expensive. The relationship between healthcare providers, and healthcare insurance companies is basically war. The two sides serve themselves, and costs spiral higher.

Obamacare made it cheaper and easier to get invested into this tornado of waste, while ignoring most of the inherent problems in the system.

lol

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

thathonkey posted:

some vintage (from like a month ago lmbo) handshake lols:

I'm convinced Trump learned this from the aggressive 1980s business man model of projecting power, when you could bully your way into a deal through subtle forms of aggression and dominance.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Heath posted:

I've already flogged it here, but check out the most recent episode of Pod Save America.

Essentially, the problem with Obamacare is that it's not single payer. But under the circumstances of its creation, it is honestly a pretty amazing piece of legislation and the only reason the entire healthcare system hasn't collapsed yet. The only limitations are due to the compromises that had to be made and in the states that chose not to embrace it. It was definitely about the best union of governmental support and private health insurance companies that was possible at the time.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

fyodor posted:

God Sean Spicer looks like dogshit. Why would anyone take that job?? Why doesn't he resign before he jumps off the White House roof?

His press huddle things stream on youtube every day. They are really funny to watch.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

The Archaic posted:

I'm convinced Trump learned this from the aggressive 1980s business man model of projecting power, when you could bully your way into a deal through subtle forms of aggression and dominance.

No need to convince yourself, there's really no doubt about that. Probably heard it from one of his buddies or some 80s power business symposium

I like how Trudeau is completely unphased by it and doesn't let that little fatty pull him around. Remember that's this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuSpZ3_5pTc

at about 11:45 he almost knocks the guy unconscious. Then there was also that hilarious "falling down the stairs" icebreaking video.

Basically Trudeau seemed like kind of a dumb vaguely liberal pretty boy a couple years ago, now he looks like goddamn jesus compared to what we've got going on here. gently caress, Donald Trump and his school yard bullying is our reality lmbo

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Heath posted:

Costs went up.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I don't know how to do one of these, but this showed up on my TV and begged for it.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Dr. Faustus posted:

I don't know how to do one of these, but this showed up on my TV and begged for it.

lmbo

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Burt Sexual posted:

Costs went up.

Costs went up, which is the nature of the health care market, but they increased at the same rate they were expected to increase. In fact, recently, the costs have begun to increase less than forecasted.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Dr. Faustus posted:

Does that man trust you? No, he loving doesn't. He doesn't trust his own wife or child. He can't. Can't afford to.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
Donald is a soft, fat boy with a soft fat boy name. I bet PM Abe would gently caress him up in boxing

Play posted:

the Democratic Party is learning things from all this; whether it'll be enough to stop the self-sabotage remains to be seen.

I'm hoping a respectable Democrat candidate will show up out of nowhere, too - but man, how many left-aligned American politicians have even publicly owned Trump to his face? That's the crucial factor. I hope I forgot one because I see no lols in that direction. Not for many, many miles.

Recent public, memorable, direct owns on Trump and allied republicans:
- some ex judge (R)
- Psychotherapists (neutral) breaking their own rules
- Arnold Schwarzenegger (R)
- A Catholic priest
- Crowds of voters grilling and booing their shitheel representative (R?)

These all foster unity and joyous, bipartisan lols - lols that lighten your heart and bless you with hope!

From Democrats:
- Clinton promises lols to come

That's a greasy lol. Grimy, viscous lols you can feel in the chest as they chill your smile.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Play posted:

Costs went up, which is the nature of the health care market, but they increased at the same rate they were expected to increase. In fact, recently, the costs have begun to increase less than forecasted.

Forecasting large increases isn't a plan. Also mandates were/are a problem.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Burt Sexual posted:

Forecasting large increases isn't a plan. Also mandates were/are a problem.

Read the rest of what I've been posting. Obamacare is a bandaid. No one who understands the legislation would say otherwise, even those who made it. It's a work of massive compromise. IMO, for what it is it's impressive and it has saved lives; the GOP bill is likely more expensive and LESS adept at ensuring coverage. But single-payer is the only real solution and I don't think anyone should believe that Democrats don't know that.

Cobweb Heart posted:

I'm hoping a respectable Democrat candidate will show up out of nowhere, too - but man, how many left-aligned American politicians have even publicly owned Trump to his face? That's the crucial factor. I hope I forgot one because I see no lols in that direction. Not for many, many miles.

Recent public, memorable, direct owns on Trump and allied republicans:
- some ex judge (R)
- Psychotherapists (neutral) breaking their own rules
- Arnold Schwarzenegger (R)
- A Catholic priest
- Crowds of voters grilling and booing their shitheel representative (R?)

These all foster unity and joyous, bipartisan lols - lols that lighten your heart and bless you with hope!

From Democrats:
- Clinton promises lols to come

That's a greasy lol. Grimy, viscous lols you can feel in the chest as they chill your smile.

You're right, although have they gotten much face time with him? I don't think most have had the opportunity, but they've owned him in every other way. I think the Dems should go home for recess and hold rallies with their constituents against all this poo poo, and rhetorically eviscerate him every chance they get. It would be convincing to the public to make a big push on the health care issue as soon as possible, and show people they've got personality and spirit (those that do, obviously).

I'm totally with you that I want more, much more. And I think there are a lot more LOLs to come. We've barely scratched the surface of how completely retarded and dumb all of this is.

quote:

Donald is a soft, fat boy with a soft fat boy name. I bet PM Abe would gently caress him up in boxing

lmbo :)

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Play posted:

Does that man trust you? No, he loving doesn't. He doesn't trust his own wife or child. He can't. Can't afford to.
lol!

I love your backstory for this guy.

"He's forever vigilant, no matter where he is or who's around. That's because he's forever haunted by the one time... he wasn't."

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

Cobweb Heart posted:

Donald is a creepy name. In Gaelic it means 'dark stranger'.

http://www.sheknows.com/baby-names/name/donald

End times boys. Nice knowing ya!

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Did the house pass the dumb and bad healthcare thing yet? I wasn't looking

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

just checkin in to say: lol

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Lol

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Foxhound posted:

This is the most american ad I've ever seen.

It's Canadian :/

The Malaysian guy who actually built the newest Trump tower looks about 20 years old

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

How the gently caress do you spawn those two hills-have-eyes-looking motherfuckers and then... Ivanka

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

TheChaosPath posted:

How the gently caress do you spawn those two hills-have-eyes-looking motherfuckers and then... Ivanka

Rich man gets hot wife using this weird old one trick

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Viruswithshoes posted:

Rich man gets hot wife using this weird old one trick

This hot wife?

Marla was a babe... but Don's genes won out on their kid. :(

For nostalgic lols, reminder that Trump keeps a photo of his ex-ex wife in a bikini on his desk

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I love hispanics too easy d

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

lmao

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
The Trump presidency is starting to feel like the plot of a metal gear solid game unraveling

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Romes128 posted:

The Trump presidency is starting to feel like the plot of a metal gear solid game unraveling

more like metal gear rising

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

This hot wife?

Marla was a babe... but Don's genes won out on their kid. :(

For nostalgic lols, reminder that Trump keeps a photo of his ex-ex wife in a bikini on his desk

When you said photo I imagined a it was some framed memorabilia, but no it looks like a picture In a magazine?! Lol!

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jel Shaker posted:

When you said photo I imagined a it was some framed memorabilia, but no it looks like a picture In a magazine?! Lol!

Well he doesn't have a computer so still jerks it to magazines I guess

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pawn 17 posted:

more like metal gear rising

That's not a real metal gear game, sorry

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage

The Archaic posted:

Jesus loving christ. Does nobody brief the President on how to behave in these situations? Look solemn, wait until they exit the room at the back door and follow them out. They'll be waiting to greet you at the back of the door on your way to your car. That's when you can shake hands and say hi.

Edit: Also I just now noticed the black dude totally snubbing him. Great stuff.

He's saying "good job" to those priests as he shakes their hands .. :stare:

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Tremendous worshipping here guys

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

morning lols

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Romes128 posted:

That's not a real metal gear game, sorry