Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Fu Fighters, gets me every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I love the really stupid low brow puns in the show, because it reminds me of all the tacky terrible internet meme quips in the books

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

coyo7e posted:

I love the really stupid low brow puns in the show, because it reminds me of all the tacky terrible internet meme quips in the books

It probably won't happen in the show, but one of the things I love in the books is that the Fillorians pick up on some of the cursing that the Kings and Queens say. Nothing like the Map Kid yelling "Jesus Christ!" when he would probably have no idea who that is.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

But Margo's a pretty natural loose cannon

Indeed. Very loose. :heysexy:

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

The only thing that consistently annoys me about this show is the lack of stunts. They have enough budget for special effects, but showing Alice's dad actually fall off the ladder and hit the ground is apparently too much.

doot
Jul 5, 2005

oh how i wish the world was a simpler place
Maybe I missed this, but I don't understand the abortion clinic receptionist. Why did she cancel Julia's appointment and then tell her it never existed? Was she being mind controlled by the demon-baby, or was she some kind of anti-choice activist working undercover in an abortion clinic?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

doot posted:

Maybe I missed this, but I don't understand the abortion clinic receptionist. Why did she cancel Julia's appointment and then tell her it never existed? Was she being mind controlled by the demon-baby, or was she some kind of anti-choice activist working undercover in an abortion clinic?

Yeah, going by what happened with the doctor the demon baby has some kind mind whammy ability on anyone trying to kill it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, demon baby is protecting itself.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004
Talking of demon babies, I'm guessing that the demon baby from Reynard's previous time on earth is going to show up sometime soon. I don't think the ages line up for it to be anyone we already know, but I'm not completely certain about that.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

If they were smart, we'd have already met him in passing. A character we thought of as a throwaway actually turns out to be important.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't remember when that lady's encounter with Reynard was (I know it was stated, I just don't remember) but the age gap between her and Julia seemed like it could safely be 20 years or so. And there's no rule that says demon babies have to age at the same rate as human babies.

So yeah, I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that some Brakesbill student or teacher is the baby. Although I'm at a loss to think of what established character that would make sense for.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

It would be hilarious if it was Todd.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They said it was 40 years ago so nobody in the main cast/a student.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its a show about magic so like, they could do it if they want. Demon babies could just age slower.

But as I said, it wouldn't really make sense for any of the characters we know. But I don't put "it doesn't make sense" past Magicians if they want to do it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Niffin Alice ghost bitching is pretty great.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I really love this stupid show. "The Wrecking Ball."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lol, for a second I thought my stream had hosed up.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

muscles like this! posted:

Lol, for a second I thought my stream had hosed up.

Me too!

God, even the stupidest episodes of this show are still a lot of fun.

And it's continually interesting how they incorporate elements from all 3 of the books in different and unexpected ways.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Yeah, going by what happened with the doctor the demon baby has some kind mind whammy ability on anyone trying to kill it.
everybody stop saying whammy, please :laugh:

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

The math-like magic spell language was super cool IMO, and also niffin Alice owns.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
that nail :stare:

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

They said it was 40 years ago so nobody in the main cast/a student.

40 years is just long enough for it to be the father of one of the students, assuming he started young.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

When they went back in time the last time, how did the wizard-cop end up in the wrong place?

PS. I loved that the weapon stash included a bat'leth.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I mean, they sort of set that up with them not being able to agree what side she was on when they came out.

Using Eliot as a shield should have occurred to them sooner though.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Niffin-Alice is definitely giving Harvey / Head-Scorpius a run for best mentally-projected character in a show on a science fiction network. Sorry, not sorry, Head-Six, your plan was dumb and I don't want to watch Baltar jerk it.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

ZorajitZorajit posted:

Niffin-Alice is definitely giving Harvey / Head-Scorpius a run for best mentally-projected character in a show on a science fiction network.

She might get there eventually, given time, but Harvey has a huge head start on her.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

This whole episode was fun and I still can't figure out why this show is entertaining at all. Nazi books murdering a Jewish book was hilarious. Head-Alice is amazing and I'm pretty sure I'm now in love with Olivia Dudley. Nothing about any of this should work. It's like a perv wrote some Harry Potter fan fic and yet somehow it all just works. This is so confusing.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Nothing about any of this should work. It's like a perv wrote some Harry Potter fan fic and yet somehow it all just works. This is so confusing.

Worked for Fifty Shades

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

gohmak posted:

Worked for Fifty Shades

Excuse me. Excuse me Sir/Ma'am. I believe you just accidentally implied 59 shades works...

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

ZorajitZorajit posted:

Niffin-Alice is definitely giving Harvey / Head-Scorpius a run for best mentally-projected character in a show on a science fiction network. Sorry, not sorry, Head-Six, your plan was dumb and I don't want to watch Baltar jerk it.
Yeah slow down there fireball, you got a hell of a lot out of like 5 or 10 minutes of airtime.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

coyo7e posted:

Yeah slow down there fireball, you got a hell of a lot out of like 5 or 10 minutes of airtime.

Fair play, allow me to amend: first appearance of a mentally projected character. Also, Olivia Taylor Dudley. My fireball is fully engorged.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

It's like a perv wrote some Harry Potter fan fic and yet somehow it all just works. This is so confusing.

Someone described the setting to me as, "the Harry Potter kids are in college. And they gently caress." A+ for accuracy.

I don't know that this show is *good* particularly. It's definitely entertaining. I appreciate the degree to which literally every problem in the story is their own fault. Every hosed up situation is because of some deeply goddamn stupid choice the characters made. And every solution creates an even more hosed up problem. I can only assume they defeat Reynard by resurrecting The Beast in the form of a psychic dinosaur.

gently caress Quentin, though. He's annoying as poo poo. Penny is the real MVP. Also Alice is pretty cool.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Xealot posted:

Someone described the setting to me as, "the Harry Potter kids are in college. And they gently caress." A+ for accuracy.
Off by one letter: The Harry Potter kids are in college. And they suck.

They are the worst.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

ZorajitZorajit posted:

Also, Olivia Taylor Dudley. My fireball is fully engorged.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Xealot posted:

I don't know that this show is *good* particularly. It's definitely entertaining. I appreciate the degree to which literally every problem in the story is their own fault. Every hosed up situation is because of some deeply goddamn stupid choice the characters made. And every solution creates an even more hosed up problem. I can only assume they defeat Reynard by resurrecting The Beast in the form of a psychic dinosaur.

gently caress Quentin, though. He's annoying as poo poo. Penny is the real MVP. Also Alice is pretty cool.
I hope it doesn't take you much time to try and come off as edgy because I hate to break it to you - but you're wasting it

Na'at
May 5, 2003

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
Lipstick Apathy

Josh Lyman posted:

Only if you're someone who values life above all else.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Yeah, anyone who would make that argument has some serious blinders on, at best.

i love how one dude on this page got a probation for even implying that the situation leading to Julia's rape was her fault but these two can say that a woman's Purity is of more value than her life and it's totes cool.

Xealot posted:

coyo7e posted:

I hope it doesn't take you much time to try and come off as edgy because I hate to break it to you - but you're wasting it

coyo7e it's cute that you find the most basic premise of samsara edgy. Does this make Gautama Buddha the Marilyn Manson of deities?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Na'at posted:

i love how one dude on this page got a probation for even implying that the situation leading to Julia's rape was her fault but these two can say that a woman's Purity is of more value than her life and it's totes cool.
I don't think either of them said that?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

ZorajitZorajit posted:

Head-Six had much better outfits though. :colbert:

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

coyo7e posted:

Well by his definition of a head-character in a show airing on a sci-fi network, the list is like.. 5 tops, so top 5 by default?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Blazing Ownager posted:

Well by his definition of a head-character in a show airing on a sci-fi network, the list is like.. 5 tops, so top 5 by default?
Niffin-Alice is not Alice, until they bring back Alice.

:awesome: over how amazing her acting was for those couple of scenes is ludicrous at best, sarcastic at most likely.