Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Which Max? Careful, some are good (Mosley) and some not (the ugly one)

Not forgetting Are Chilton who is a good lad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Not forgetting Are Chilton who is a good lad

:barf:

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Baron Corbyn posted:

How many people do you reckon talked themselves out of sticking a bet on Button when he was like 60/1 and the Brawn started putting in mega lap times in preseason testing with that line of thinking? I did.

Hah, I was certain that they ran without ballast in order to get headlines and sponsors. I mean, the team had folded, Brawn bought it and in the last minute got an engine deal from Mercedes and bolted in on an car designed for a Honda engine. There was no way that they were going to be a contender in any way or form. I don't think they even made it to the first test.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

It's so funny to hear Brawn talk about how they were trying to make that car as slow as possible and everybody was convinced they were running underweight.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

https://mobile.twitter.com/takiinoue/status/840155591423139840

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Kilmers Elbow posted:

In 1964 the world cheered as John Surtees lifted the F1 Championship trophy. Little did he realise that 53 years later he would be dead.

Graham Hill Jim Clark Lorenzo Bandini Richie Ginther Dan Gurney account spotted.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Kilmers Elbow posted:

In 1964 the world cheered as John Surtees lifted the F1 Championship trophy. Little did he realise that 53 years later he would be dead.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Fuckin lol at this guy

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Taki Ownoue

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Hah, I was certain that they ran without ballast in order to get headlines and sponsors. I mean, the team had folded, Brawn bought it and in the last minute got an engine deal from Mercedes and bolted in on an car designed for a Honda engine. There was no way that they were going to be a contender in any way or form. I don't think they even made it to the first test.

Let me go ahead and make you feel slightly worse about not taking a punt that year - I did and I won $1200 bucks. Told my brother to do the same but he only won about $600 because he put half on a Barrichello WDC (lol).

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Tsaedje posted:

Surtees' amazing achievement of being world champion on two and four wheels is never going to be repeated. RIP to a pretty cool guy
Rossi could have done it but F1 was too boring for him. RIP F1

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

RIP F1 Team Honda McLaren

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

RIP F1 Team Honda McLaren

:britain:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io00mlLdRTM

Hot diggety these things are quick.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
drat that's a huge difference. They should also show a comparison to last year's race, specifically at turn 4 :D

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Kimi was also not really on it and had the engine turned down. Only question is which driver will be the first to gently caress up and achieve flight. My money is on Stroll, 0.5 seconds into the race in Australia

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Watch mclaren engineers install the wings upside down and make a loving plane.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
i cant wait for stroll to run off track and i get to say oh look hes gone for a stroll

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Powershift posted:

The Honda can't push that car fast enough to achieve actual lift

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
It must be feel good to be working at FOM at the moment and suddenly go from a boss who's permanently "No you can't do that. Nobody needs more than one video. And wait a week. And don't gold-plate it" to some bosses who actually want you to do stuff that helps F1 seem exciting.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Holy poo poo that Ferrari is looking good.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
lol motorsport.com have shut down thier comments sections.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Wow, I guess they'll have to slightly up the number of laps per race now?

Also, Liberty media is doing a good job.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Falken posted:

Wow, I guess they'll have to slightly up the number of laps per race now?

Also, Liberty media is doing a good job.

I doubt it. the fuel limit is upped to 105kg from 100kg because with the aero, they can go full throttle sooner coming out of turns, and mercedes says it's 10% more full throttle per lap.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Would be nice to see a comparison to the 2004 fastest time a well

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Powershift posted:

https://twitter.com/McLaren_Soul/status/840248420371685376

I like "McLaren Soul"'s profile picture. It's appropriate for McLaren.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Boo the engineers not the mechanics

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Tsaedje posted:

Would be nice to see a comparison to the 2004 fastest time a well
Schumacher did a 1:15.022 and that was with the old layout without the chicane at the end.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Is the answer "not enough to produce a working car"?

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Im starting to get some respect for HAM as a development driver. Mclarens fall from grace coincided with the beginning of his first "dont get a gently caress" phase. Its all been downhill since then, esp since he left.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Don't forget that Sergio has more podiums since Sergio left McLaren than McLaren has podiums since Sergio left McLaren

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Don't forget that Sergio has more podiums since Sergio left McLaren than McLaren has podiums since Sergio left McLaren

I did not know this fact. This pleases me cause I've always rated Perez and I felt like his tenure at McLaren was tainted much like Heikki's was.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

TurboDrizzle posted:

Im starting to get some respect for HAM as a development driver. Mclarens fall from grace coincided with the beginning of his first "dont get a gently caress" phase. Its all been downhill since then, esp since he left.

Yeah that has nothing to do with Hamilton leaving lol

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

wicka posted:

Yeah that has nothing to do with Hamilton leaving lol

And I'm sure Mercedes suddenly becoming title contenders had nothing to do with Our Lewis either :rolleyes:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
No that had to do with German engineering superiority and the biological right of all Germans to stand at the top of all podiums

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Baron Corbyn posted:

And I'm sure Mercedes suddenly becoming title contenders had nothing to do with Our Lewis either :rolleyes:

It didn't. It's no secret Mercedes switched to V6 hybrid development at least a year before any other manufacturer. That isn't to say Hamilton didn't help - I'm sure he did - but the vast majority of the advantage was them knowing not to bother trying to compete with Red Bull in the dying days of the old V8s.

In fact that's pretty much how Brawn and Lauda convinced him to jump ship at McLaren.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

learnincurve posted:

lol motorsport.com have shut down thier comments sections.

All websites should follow this bold move.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Baron Corbyn posted:

Hey that car would have won regardless of who was in it.
See Nico Rosberg WDC for a prime example.

Yes Lewis is good. Stop acting like he woulda won in any other car though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

You guys will come up with any excuse to talk down Lewis. Nico was nowhere in 2014 and 2015, it wasn't until 2016 that Our Lewis managed to develop a car so #blessed that even Nico Rosberg could win a world championship in it.

• Locked thread