Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

alf_pogs posted:

nintendos first open world game basically sets a new bar for them hahaha

hey with the Three Cedars shrine quest you get in Hatone: is the shrine its talkin about the one on the island off the nearby coast? im assumin not cuz ive done that but the shrine quest log is still there, but i am stuck for how to proceed on it.

there are three ridges on the mountain range north of Hateno, each with a single tree atop it. Keeping them aligned, walk East until you reach a flat area with a suspicious looking wall. Bomb the wall, shrine is behind it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Side quests are done! Now farming dragon scales to upgrade my favourite armor. Got two from Farosh, does - holy poo poo I just realised their names are based on the 3 goddesses who created Hyrule - does the ice one take the same route it did for the shrine quest where you shoot the stuff off its back? And where's a good place to wait for Dinraal?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Escobarbarian posted:

Side quests are done! Now farming dragon scales to upgrade my favourite armor. Got two from Farosh, does - holy poo poo I just realised their names are based on the 3 goddesses who created Hyrule - does the ice one take the same route it did for the shrine quest where you shoot the stuff off its back? And where's a good place to wait for Dinraal?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Found a perfect spot for camping Dinraal; go to the clifftop just to the right of the words "Tanagar Canyon" on your map (South of Hebra Tower), and camp until Morning. He'll appear like clockwork to the north and fly right past through the canyon.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Escobarbarian posted:

You really want your mind blown

Eldin
Faron
Lanayru

Which are all provinces in Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword and now Breath of the Wild.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Does anyone know where the gambler's den is? I need to make some money.

Also I seem to have accidentally set Finley up with someone too old for her. How do I call the police?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Thank you very much!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Neddy Seagoon posted:

See the three lone trees up on the mountain tops? Think about how you "make them one" and head in the direction the rest of the hint gives from there.

I made them one by chopping down two of them. When that didn't work I just followed a straight line from them with my shrine sensor on.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

parallelodad posted:

I made them one by chopping down two of them. When that didn't work I just followed a straight line from them with my shrine sensor on.

This is both hilarious and a good example of well-executed game design.

For the record, I didn't even try to solve the quest - I was just running around shrine-hunting when I completed it.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Escobarbarian posted:

I think it's in Hyrule Ridge. It's on top of the biggest mushroom-shaped platform in that area (not the main big mushroom area next to the tower, but the smaller one south of that).

Ty

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Scholtz posted:

Has Nintendo given any more information on what Hard Mode will entail?

I just beat the game 80/120, and I'm considering just waiting until I buy a Switch next month to replay and 100% it. (Compendium, upgrades, etc.)

I feel absolutely insane for double dipping but I'm considering doing the same

snograt
Jul 18, 2013

rattus rattus
senile old twattus

TFRazorsaw posted:

Does anyone know where the gambler's den is? I need to make some money.
He's in the fishing village I forget the name of, near to Bastard Island.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
i just sold a lot of stuff and have 16.5k rupees. do i a) buy a full set of ancient armor and open the 4th fairy fountain or b) skip the fairy fountain and get ancient weapons? not sure if the fairy will be worth it

strap on revenge fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Mar 11, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

strap on revenge posted:

i just sold a lot of stuff and have 16.5k rupees. do i a) buy a full set of ancient armor and open the 4th fairy fountain or b) skip the fairy fountain and get ancient weapons? not sure if the fairy will be worth it

Fourth Fairy and armor.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I guess the other great fairies are pretty well hidden, because the only one I've found is the one in kakariko village.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

OH MY GOD SWIMMING UP WATERFALLS IS loving AMAZING.

Ahem. Just needed to share that.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I guess the other great fairies are pretty well hidden, because the only one I've found is the one in kakariko village.

I know that, other than the Kakariko one, at least two of them are pretty easy to spot from atop nearby towers. I don't know about the forth one (there's only four, right?)

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

OnimaruXLR posted:

I know that, other than the Kakariko one, at least two of them are pretty easy to spot from atop nearby towers. I don't know about the forth one (there's only four, right?)

five if you count the horse god

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

So I took on the horse jump minigame thinking you had to get under 1:15 and the horse archery thinking you had to pop all the balloons in under a minute, just to get anything.

I'm not sure if anyone else will make my mistake, but those are only the harder goals that reward the saddles. The bridles have far more reasonable goals in 1:30 for jumps and only 20 balloons in a minute for shoots.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Escobarbarian posted:

The ice one i noticed flies down through the canyon ruins during the day after curing it. The one near the entrance to the snowfiled where one of the memories is.

Are they part of something or just world flavour stuff? I ask because i havent done any of the dungeons yet and i was trying to do that 3 cedars shrine quest, and through the blizzard i saw a glowing thing and paraglided over and lol ended doing that entire thing. Felt like i had skipped ahead in something.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Runcible Cat posted:

OH MY GOD SWIMMING UP WATERFALLS IS loving AMAZING.

Ahem. Just needed to share that.

Yessss. Before I tried it I was thinking it would be useless cause how much faster does this armor actually make you swim? Link won't be able to make it up any waterfalls!

Then I tried it and just gaped at the TV.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

There's Springs of Courage, Power, and Wisdom, right? Where are they?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Vikar Jerome posted:

The ice one i noticed flies down through the canyon ruins during the day after curing it. The one near the entrance to the snowfiled where one of the memories is.

Are they part of something or just world flavour stuff? I ask because i havent done any of the dungeons yet and i was trying to do that 3 cedars shrine quest, and through the blizzard i saw a glowing thing and paraglided over and lol ended doing that entire thing. Felt like i had skipped ahead in something.

Yup, they're just neat things to see.

Incidentally, here's where to farm all three Dragons;

Dinraal
Stand on the cliff edge to the west of the words "Tanagral Canyon" on your map. You can get there easily by Paragliding south from Hebra tower. Camp until morning, and he'll appear from the north like clockwork.

Naydra (Once you've been to the top of Mount Lanayru)
He'll flying through Lanayru Promenade every morning at 5am, sharp, so just camp on one of the clifftops.

Farosh
Gerudo Summit. He'll fly through the valley there most mornings, but I think you need to head south a little to trigger his actual appearance there. He also turns up at Hyrule Lake (stand on top of the southern bridge tower and he'll fly right past) or out at Lake Floria.

Pollyanna posted:

There's Springs of Courage, Power, and Wisdom, right? Where are they?

Waiting to be found by you! :yayclod:

Seriously though; If you really want to know, Akkala Highlands, the peak of Mount Lanayru, aaand I can't remember the third location off the top of my head.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Is getting a house worth it? Can i store poo poo? I currently have a few quest swords taking up my inventory and a few are almost broke and i was expecting to be able to repair this poo poo soon but now i dont know.

I have only explored part of hyrule field, kakarikos areas, hateno(or whatever its called) its beach, islands and mountian areas and just heading into zoras domain. I have 6 hearts.The parental app claims i have been playing for 64 loving hours. This is going to be one of those goddamn 400 hour things again. I aint gonna see the credits until christmas am i.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

They're not particularly well hidden, the game is just huge so it's easy to miss them even when they're pretty close by. If you want some mild hints on where to look:

* All of them are in warm or warm-ish areas

* They're all close to shrines or towers

* One is under dragon bones

* At least one of them is clearly visible from a tower

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Vikar Jerome posted:

Is getting a house worth it? Can i store poo poo? I currently have a few quest swords taking up my inventory and a few are almost broke and i was expecting to be able to repair this poo poo soon but now i dont know.

I have only explore part of hyrule field, kakarikos areas, hateno(or whatever its called) its beach, islands and mountian areas and just heading into zoras domain. I have 6 hearts.The parental app claims i have been playing for 64 loving hours. This is going to be one of those goddamn 400 hour things again. I aint gonna see the credits until christmas am i.

The house has display stands for three weapons of each type (Shield, Melee and Bow).

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Endgame Story Spoiler: I found the king's (original) diary and it's really sad

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The house has display stands for three weapons of each type (Shield, Melee and Bow).

I hope they add more. I'd like to be able to store dupes of good weapons.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cojawfee posted:

I hope they add more. I'd like to be able to store dupes of good weapons.

I'm using it to store the Champion's weapons until I finally go strike at Hyrule Castle. Except I have to replace Revali's Bow because I got hit with Farosh's lightning and lost it in a snowdrift somewhere on Gerudo Mountain :cripes:.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Went to the marker for Horse God Lake but didn't get to meet him. How do I make that happen? (I guess maybe you need to be riding a horse but I'm not with my console right now ok)

also thanks Neddy for the dragon locations. I also consistently find Farosh at the south side of Lake Hylia, I think at night? Stand on the towers at the end of the bridge.

e: I can't read

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Mar 11, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Escobarbarian posted:

Went to the marker for Horse God Lake but didn't get to meet him. How do I make that happen? (I guess maybe you need to be riding a horse but I'm not with my console right now ok)

also thanks Neddy for the dragon locations. I also consistently find Farosh at the south side of Lake Hylia, I think at night? Stand on the towers at the end of the bridge.

Look to the west of Horse God Lake on the map. See the bridge leading off to that little dead-end? That's the shrine.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
This is the first Zelda I have really played since the Nintendo and SNES ones. I just got off the plateau and was told to head to a town. Is there anything important you get during the main quest progression that it is worth doing relatively early before going completely off course exploring? I am drifting pretty far away from the quest marker.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pain of Mind posted:

This is the first Zelda I have really played since the Nintendo and SNES ones. I just got off the plateau and was told to head to a town. Is there anything important you get during the main quest progression that it is worth doing relatively early before going completely off course exploring? I am drifting pretty far away from the quest marker.

Ride that Quest Marker through the Dueling Peaks and as far as Kakariko Village, you'll pick up the gimmick for upgrading your inventory space along the way as well as some major upgrade sidequests from Impa. Along with a Shrine that nets you a bandana that has a Climbing Speed boost you'll likely wear for 90% of your general exploration playtime.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Pain of Mind posted:

Not really, you can explore whenever you want. Just be mindful of the strength of enemies. There's nothing obvious about the difficulty of an area aside from the weapons enemies are holding. You already have all the runes from the plateau, anything else you get involves exploring and going to the various dungeons. Just have at it and play the game how you want.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is the bandana in the gyro shrine? My gamepad charger is f'd so I've been using pro controller the entire time thru

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Pain of Mind posted:

Not really, no. You do get some useful abilities from main quest progression, especially the armor you get from the Zora and a special ability you get when you complete the Rito's main plot, but as for truly important abilities, you have all of them by the time you lave the plateau. Explore and have fun, it's how you're supposed to do things.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Ride that Quest Marker through the Dueling Peaks and as far as Kakariko Village, you'll pick up the gimmick for upgrading your inventory space along the way as well as some major upgrade sidequests from Impa. Along with a Shrine that nets you a bandana that has a Climbing Speed boost you'll likely wear for 90% of your general exploration playtime.

I somehow missed that shrine, it's the only climbing piece I'm missing. Where was it?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I really like that this game doesn't do that stupid enemy scaling that Oblivion did. It was always stupid to see robbers on the road running around in glass armor. But it does lead to some weird situation. I didn't think about how the areas connected to the plateau are going to be a bit easier than others, I just thought the one leading to Kakariko would be. So While I've been hitting towers that offer a challenge to get to the top, I went south of the plateau and was surprised at how easy it was. I ran south along the bridge and there were some Liazlfos in the middle. My plan was to hit the first guy once and then keep going to hit the other guys. I hit the first guy and kept going, missed the second guy and then my horse didn't want to turn and got all weird, so I jumped off. I hit the third guy and he died immediately. "That's weird," I thought. I ran back to the first guy and all that was left was his bits. Then I realized I was supposed to explore this area at the beginning of the game probably. I ran to the tower, one shotting bokoblins all the way. Thanks to my upgrades, I was able to climb almost all the way to the top in one go.

It was also crazy that I ran across a Yiga person on the way. The first time I met one was crazy and I died. This one was "Oh, it's you. You're dead."

parallelodad posted:

I somehow missed that shrine, it's the only climbing piece I'm missing. Where was it?

It's along the path. Turn on your sensor and it should start beeping at you. Specifically the raised path on the north side of the river between dueling peaks. There's also two more shrines around there with a cool gimmick.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

parallelodad posted:

One of the 4 at Duelling Peaks on different levels - I forget which.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Pain of Mind posted:

You should at least follow it until you get your slate fixed for that missing rune like the next vilage after kakariko, then the game turns into pokemon snap - hyrule safari and then just go nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Harrow posted:

Not really, no. You do get some useful abilities from main quest progression, especially the armor you get from the Zora and a special ability you get when you complete the Rito's main plot, but as for truly important abilities, you have all of them by the time you lave the plateau. Explore and have fun, it's how you're supposed to do things.

OK, I should have specified that I just meant before going to the first village. I will just explore as I feel since it does not sound like anything is super critical to get.