Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

dangerous.hotdog posted:

The best part is that Ring of Dominion dude getting banned. Guess everyone saying it wasn't legit was right.

Look back at his screenshots and do the math on how much lapis you'd have to spend just to insta-craft the Hero Rings in his screenshots.

And then look at how long it's taken for legitimate rings to show up in Japan (if they have yet).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmockJoc
Oct 4, 2004

Varance posted:

BTW, the back side of Mr. Fujiwara's business card:

Welp, that's certainly better than my boring old business card!

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?

Varance posted:

Where's the 1% moogle on that card?

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I just cannot figure out what the hell I'm doing wrong with Gilgamesh. I have the major elements covered, but the 50% threshold just turns him into a beast that one shots people and eventually I run into a turn where I can't use enough elements and whoops I'm wiped.

Edit: I'm think I just figured it out. I'm pretty certain that the fire element isn't being covered by just having Ifrit on a person. Damnit.

Ratmtattat fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Mar 11, 2017

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
Can you ask if there will be more features added to arena? even if just a stat to track if your arena team beat someone

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Varance posted:

All those sprites look they've been poorly stretched and its making me cry inside.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
man the sizes are weird in that card

Rain is shorter than everyone aside the pink midget at the end there

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Tengames posted:

All those sprites look they've been poorly stretched and its making me cry inside.
Yeah, there's a little bit of that. Occasionally happens on the printer's end if the resolution doesn't exactly match the card dimensions.

It's also a pain take a picture of this thing because of the reflection. Last time I angled and adjusted in Paint.net. Here it is again from top down with less lighting.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

dangerous.hotdog posted:

The best part is that Ring of Dominion dude getting banned. Guess everyone saying it wasn't legit was right.

Called it, it wasn't possible to do this legit, and still might not be. The sheer number of megacrysts required was just too many with them only stacking to 99 and only 250 material slots available.
You can safely say that for the next several months that anyone with a Dominion Ring is injecting.
They are great idiot bait though.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Tipme posted:

Can you ask if there will be more features added to arena? even if just a stat to track if your arena team beat someone

Ask about the dragon quest collab :colbert: that is the most important content we don't have yet.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Ratmtattat posted:

Edit: I'm think I just figured it out. I'm pretty certain that the fire element isn't being covered by just having Ifrit on a person. Damnit.

I'm not sure why people think espers add an element to the character's attacks. Someone else seemed to think that a page or two back as well.

Peachfart posted:

Called it, it wasn't possible to do this legit, and still might not be. The sheer number of megacrysts required was just too many with them only stacking to 99 and only 250 material slots available.
You can safely say that for the next several months that anyone with a Dominion Ring is injecting.
They are great idiot bait though.

Do banned accounts still show up for friends to use? I'd hope not but if so that'd allow for some crazy abuse.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
Someone send me a FR so I can cheese some dungeons. 090,326,664

Because we're friends, I'll admit something: I've been leveling a Shadow because I was so excited to see Shadow+dog...he's level 31. And now I read the past few pages and looks like I have to get rid of him :(

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
As a starter, he will do decent damage, and can help you get along for a bit, until he gets outclassed by literally any other unit.

Even Fran.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Oiled and Ready posted:

Because we're friends, I'll admit something: I've been leveling a Shadow because I was so excited to see Shadow+dog...he's level 31. And now I read the past few pages and looks like I have to get rid of him :(

Sent one. Put something goony in your signature so we know you're a goon when you send us invites. I'll have my Queen up the rest of the week for the event, then switch back to my whale Olive.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Oiled and Ready posted:

When I started I used a Shadow, Fran, and Penelo because they were in my top five and I had no choice. Those were the good old days.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Palleon posted:

When I started I used a Shadow, Fran, and Penelo because they were in my top five and I had no choice. Those were the good old days.

I used Bedile for a few weeks, even maxed him out. He was a cool looking desert ninja, how was I supposed to know any better...

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

I used Galuf, Freya and the FP White Mage (Leah?) that I got from the story until about halfway through the first island and found out how to reroll.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
I had Fujimoto do an 11 pull for me... the secret to getting 5*s is to let the global version producer pull for you. :toot:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
That should be considered cheating :colbert:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Oiled and Ready posted:

Done. My friend unit is an Eight right now for event purposes, but it's usually a level 100 Ling. Her dances are just ludicrous. I can put up a Lightning or Dark Fina if people decide that Ling is too overpowered. LOL.

Varance posted:

I had Fujimoto do an 11 pull for me... the secret to getting 5*s is to let the global version producer pull for you. :toot:

Very ...lucky... of Fujimoto-San...

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Fenrir posted:

That should be considered cheating :colbert:

Then maybe you shouldn't have pulled for him Mr. Fujimoto. :colbert:

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Varance posted:

:drat:

btw, thanks for posting all this PAX stuff so we can live vicariously through you.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Varance posted:

Did you pay attention to the secret tap tap tap swipe code he did before clicking the crystal?!

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Are these rolls good enough? At first I wasn't happy because I didnt get any 5 stars, but after looking at the wiki they seem fine. I really dont want to reroll.

http://imgur.com/a/3ulUL

Currently have my team set up as rain, nine, cloud, green mage guy, and blue healer lady. I dont know what Im doing but they all have 6 star potential at least.

Should I be spending my golden tickets as I receive them or should I save it for some special event?

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

THE DANIELNATOR posted:

Are these rolls good enough? At first I wasn't happy because I didnt get any 5 stars, but after looking at the wiki they seem fine. I really dont want to reroll.

Currently have my team set up as rain, nine, cloud, green mage guy, and blue healer lady. I dont know what Im doing but they all have 6 star potential at least.

Should I be spending my golden tickets as I receive them or should I save it for some special event?

CoD and Luca are the only two of those characters you might be using in a few weeks. I would reroll until you at least have a 5* base, you can do better.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Got it, at least the tutorial isnt that long. Should I spend my tickets on any of the featured summons? I just been spending it on the regular rare summon.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

Palleon posted:

CoD and Luca are the only two of those characters you might be using in a few weeks. I would reroll until you at least have a 5* base, you can do better.

Belay that - Garland will be a monster soon. That said...

Now that the fix is in, it IS worth it to get a 5* through rerolls.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

THE DANIELNATOR posted:

Yea it's pretty bad. If you're starting now I would actually recommend waiting until possibly next week for the player's choice banner. Right now you have to worry about getting all these lovely type-0 characters clogging up your character slots.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight

McSpankWich posted:

Yea it's pretty bad. If you're starting now I would actually recommend waiting until possibly next week for the player's choice banner. Right now you have to worry about getting all these lovely type-0 characters clogging up your character slots.

Is the player's choice banner likely to be this soon?

I've got a limited amount of free lapis to spend, and depending on who's featured (please god, Zidane and Noctis please please please) I want to get in at least two 10+1's along with all the half price daily pulls, but I also REALLY want to speed up my farming for Olive and Bartz's TMR's to make elite sections of events doable. Basically I'm asking how much leeway I probably have to do some TMR farming refreshes.

I've already got two Agriases, an Exdeath, a Snow, and the one Bartz for Olive's Doublehand, so I think I might even stop doing the half price pulls on this banner if we're getting Player's Choice on Friday.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

If the player's choice has Noctis and Zidane I might do a 10+1 pull in the vain hopes of getting Noctis, and slightly more reasonable hopes of getting additional Zidanes for more dual wielding action. Having recently pulled Refia and Luka, pus a single Zidane, makes chasing the banner much less appealing though.

THE DANIELNATOR posted:

Got it, at least the tutorial isnt that long. Should I spend my tickets on any of the featured summons? I just been spending it on the regular rare summon.

The Type-0 units aren't that great and Queen is probably the worst 5 star unit in the game and pulling the typo-0 banner means any 5 star crystal you get has a high chance of being her. If you're going to reroll now I'd skip the Type-0 banner for sure. If the player's choice banner is next week you could always try to build up some lapis, roll on it, and if you get junk do some rerolls and hope for Noctis or whomever else is on the banner.

e: I forgot about the Gilgamesh trial banner. That one could give you Ramza, who's decent right now but not amazing. When we get enhancements in the future he becomes an amazing support unit though.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Mar 11, 2017

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

This crazy fucker took the banner literally.

Party comp details (spoiler: shitloads of TMRs): https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5ytrzn/beating_the_trial_with_gilgamesh_vanquishers_units/desw65d/

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.

dangerous.hotdog posted:

This crazy fucker took the banner literally.

Party comp details (spoiler: shitloads of TMRs): https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5ytrzn/beating_the_trial_with_gilgamesh_vanquishers_units/desw65d/

I asked for this yesterday, and I guess someone delivered

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Captaindirtnap posted:

Belay that - Garland will be a monster soon. That said...

Now that the fix is in, it IS worth it to get a 5* through rerolls.

He's going to be "ok" when his 6* comes out and only gets a bit better (and thus ahead of a lot of the trash 6*s) with enhancements. What makes garland better than a good chunk of other units is that he's cheap. Innate dual hand mean you aren't going to be dual wielding with him and he has a cheap enhancement that gives him 50% extra attack on top of the dark attacks.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
And to a new player, that's not bad. By the time they get to where we are, they'll likely have at least one or two better units than that.

By re-rolling for Noctis, Olive or Lightning, a new player is setting themselves up for disappointment for when they never get anything quite as good as their starters.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

And to a new player, that's not bad. By the time they get to where we are, they'll likely have at least one or two better units than that.

By re-rolling for Noctis, Olive or Lightning, a new player is setting themselves up for disappointment for when they never get anything quite as good as their starters.

Totally different from the disappointment them get when they pull trash for months straight and can't beat high level trials.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
If I could get a Noctis/Lightning/Gilgamesh I would just be soooo happy.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

hagie posted:

If I could get a Noctis/Lightning/Gilgamesh I would just be soooo happy.

You forgot Olive. And Luneth. And Dark Fina. And four more Noctis' for an rear end in a top hat blizzard flask arena team.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Wait should I keep rerolling? cause I haven't found anything good yet.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

How will Garland compare to Chizuru, assuming basically the best TMRs for each? I've been using Chizuru for a while, and was sorta hoping when Garland comes out he would be at least comparable enough that I could swap him in. Especially if I want Firion to use blade mastery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I would recommend using a reroll script to reroll, so you don't go insane.

• Locked thread