Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Here's the problem with your theory.

Nico has a WDC. He beat Lewis for it.

Sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

He was second in both those years and did the bulk of the testing, to act like Lewis is propping that team up is just lol.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Ross Brawn has more to do with those wins than Lewis Hamilton

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Lest we forget that Paddy Lowe moved over at the exact same time from McLaren.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

True.

Point is any driver on the grid other than like Lance Stroll coulda won a WDC in the Merc.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I am sure it's just a coincidence that Lewis's arrival at F1 teams signals an uptick in their fortunes while this thread's perfect prince Fernando Alonso always serves as a harbinger of terrible cars and tears. :rolleyes:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Hey don't you poo poo talk the world's most beautiful racing car driver.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Norns posted:

I'm the one defending Lewis here, mate.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

loving hell

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Lewis left McLaren because he knew they were on the decline and Mercedes were the opposite. He didn't cause either of those situations. That's maybe the stupidest suggestion this thread has ever produced, and I am not being hyperbolic.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Fairly confident that they were making a joke when they said that tho.

This reads like they removed the free speach part of his programming, that or someone was stood behind him with a gun. http://m.crash.net/f1/news/241786/1/alonso-retains-hopes-amid-mclarenhonda-crisis.html

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

learnincurve posted:

Fairly confident that they were making a joke when they said that tho.

Never can tell.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Translation: Nando gunna collect a paycheck and probably do and say a couple funny things before he rides off to dominate WEC.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Shocker: Jarno Trulli is actually the one who makes good cars. He made Alonsos renault AND Kobiyashis toyota.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

learnincurve posted:

This reads like they removed the free speach part of his programming, that or someone was stood behind him with a gun. http://m.crash.net/f1/news/241786/1/alonso-retains-hopes-amid-mclarenhonda-crisis.html
Alonso El Hoperetainer

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

https://twitter.com/takiinoue/status/840585201566777345

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Taking Inoue is exactly what I think 1986 Osella driver Allen Berg would be like if he had anything close to a sense of humor about his career.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Also someone buy him an account

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
When Motorsport.com we're grabbing lots of journalists they should also have bought Taki Inoue

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

wicka posted:

Lewis left McLaren because he knew they were on the decline and Mercedes were the opposite. He didn't cause either of those situations. That's maybe the stupidest suggestion this thread has ever produced, and I am not being hyperbolic.

woah woah hold up there, don't lump all of us with him

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Sky Sports F1 need to hire this guy and tell their useless hacks to gently caress off.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Baron Corbyn posted:

I am sure it's just a coincidence that Lewis's arrival at F1 teams signals an uptick in their fortunes while this thread's perfect prince Fernando Alonso always serves as a harbinger of terrible cars and tears. :rolleyes:

Sooo, what about the couple of years before he left McLaren?

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Carth Dookie posted:

Lewis gets singled out not because he's obnoxious (though he is) or because he's the only manchild on the grid (because he's not), he gets singled out because he instagrams his stupid self all the time and dresses like a clown on purpose and because his commentary, even when you strip away the media spin, make him seem incredibly thick. He's Dennis Rodman without any of Dennis' redeeming qualities (not that I'm aware of Dennis Rodman having any redeeming qualities :v:).

It is never too late to say that I applaud the absolute talent that Hamilton has as a race driver. However, I cannot understand why every action or opinion he takes outside the car is either stupid or shows his manchildish side.

Its similar to the Michael Schumacher, you cannot dispute the talent, but every rule-bending unsportmanship activity that guy took, it is really hard to like him besides being the best of the best behind that wheel. Guy needs to win, and while Michael bent the rules (or cheated, if you listen to some people), Lewis just strolls in, does his thing, and loses his mind if things turn out not so great. The guy coasts on raw talent, which is amicable by itself, but does not make him look good against his peers, who at least seem to give a poo poo for most of the time.

If you think that you lost to a lesser driver, perhaps cut on the fashion shows and clubbing, and focus on actually doing your work?

Edit: Lewis is the Ultimate Stig; inside his car, an absolute diamond, outside the car, a person who should not be making any statements. And like Donald loving Trump, take away his social media wankbank and tell him to actually focus.

Der Kyhe fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Mar 11, 2017

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Theophany posted:

Sky Sports F1 need to hire this guy and tell their useless hacks to gently caress off.
Back in the day, some news outlets were smart enough to hire a person like this (Sir Jackie) who would tell off all the modern frauds he saw (Senna) but today journalism is all pandering to Bernie and Putin so instead we have Ted and Crofty

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I remember Hunt taking the piss out of Senna as late as 90 saying he makes stupid mistakes far too often, which is a pretty fair assessment.

But yeah I'd pay to see Taki Inoue F1 commentary even if it was in broken english.

Der Kyhe posted:

Edit: Lewis is the Ultimate Stig

lol

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

1500quidporsche posted:

I remember Hunt taking the piss out of Senna as late as 90 saying he makes stupid mistakes far too often, which is a pretty fair assessment.

But yeah I'd pay to see Taki Inoue F1 commentary even if it was in broken english.

lol

Well Senna moved to Williams and Hunt drinked himself to death.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Jackie is hating on Lewis so he'd fit right in here.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

These Lewis fans are really disgusting

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

1500quidporsche posted:

Just have him liveblog the race

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Back in the day, some news outlets were smart enough to hire a person like this (Sir Jackie) who would tell off all the modern frauds he saw (Senna) but today journalism is all pandering to Bernie and Putin so instead we have Ted and Crofty

Sir Jackie has the right to call anybody he loving likes a fraud. When you tape a goddamn spanner to your steering wheel in case you have an accident and can't get out of your car, pretty much anything else seems fraudulent.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

Also someone buy him an account

I'd buy Nando an account

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Pablo Bluth posted:

Jackie is hating on Lewis so he'd fit right in here.
Jackie actually used to be a big Lewis fan, I remember him rating The Fastest Snapchatter quite highly many times just a few years back.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Jackie's just jealous that Lewis will soon eclipse his number of championships.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Theophany posted:

Sir Jackie has the right to call anybody he loving likes a fraud. When you tape a goddamn spanner to your steering wheel in case you have an accident and can't get out of your car, pretty much anything else seems fraudulent.

All the Senna stories i can think of are him driving like a supernatural hero, and dying on the field of battle. All the Sir Jackie stories i can think of are him crashing, or Jim Clark giving him a pity-win.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Taki's schtick is so incredibly stale at this point it's like scrolling past yet another learnincurve post.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

Taki's schtick is so incredibly stale at this point it's like scrolling past yet another learnincurve post.

It must suck finding no joy in anything your whole life.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I was watching the last of Testing coverage on Sky and NBC and 2 things clicked for me, specifically about the red bull:

1) Various commentators and people in the sport saying "What the hell, that's a newey design? Where's all the aero fiddly bits, its so simple!"

and

2) The red bull drivers, unlike all the others screaming about turbulence and its impossible to follow, saying that its as easy or easier to follow and pass this year.

Im thinking Aero God newey has pulled a trick, knowing he has 2 drivers that dont mind scrapping for the win may have sacrificed his "Qualify P1 and drive away" philosophy in favor of a car designed to work well in the turbulent air.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Does that mean Newey settled for P3-4? Surely the Mercedeses will qualify P1-2 and drive away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Alonso El Hoperetainer

So can this be in the 2017 Season OP?

e: I really hope that Ferrari are at Mercs level and the latter aren't sandbagging.

Falken fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Mar 12, 2017

• Locked thread