Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

The Fox Clan daimyo and the rest of the materials for the clan being separate stretch goals is pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Peas and Rice posted:

I got my print copy of MASHED in the mail last night, and it looks fantastic! I didn't realize the pages were actually in color too. I may try to run a game of this at OrcaCon next year.

Yeah, I mentioned it in the main Chat thread, but I also got my copy of MASHED and agree that it looks great, both as a game and as a book. Really pleased with that.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Got my copy of the Dresden Files Cooperative Card Game in today. Man...Evil Hat's Dresden stuff is just so good! All those "Extra Art" stretch goals were really worth it.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

jivjov posted:

Got my copy of the Dresden Files Cooperative Card Game in today. Man...Evil Hat's Dresden stuff is just so good! All those "Extra Art" stretch goals were really worth it.

I got mine in last night, haven't had a chance to try it yet. Amusingly, I got the delivery about an hour before the "Your Package Is On Its Way" email. But yeah, it looks like it has some good quality stuff and I'm really glad it's not just the same art over and over again still

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
As a part of "1s and 0s" week on Kickstarter, for the next three days, you can get a digital copy of Innocents, a tabletop horror RPG, for just $1.

Innocents is a Spanish roleplaying game by Nosolorol Ediciones that Nocturnal Games translated for this Kickstarter. You play as children who are hunted by dark creatures of their imaginations, invisible to parents but nevertheless very real. It's a diceless roleplaying game where you spend "knuckles" to achieve tasks. Older children are better at physical and mental tasks, but younger children have a better Imagination, which is ultimately how you will defend yourself against whatever nightmares are following you. I did the page layout for this translation and tried my best to preserve the whole Jhonen Vasquez aesthetic of the game.

The digital version is only $1, but there will be a chance in the pledge manager to get a printed copy for $20. There are also a bunch of extra games that get thrown in as stretch goals if you pledge at a $10 level, but the stretch goals count number of backers, not money collected.

For just $1 you can relive your childhood of running from twisted nightmares; even if it's just a digital version, $1 for a 118-page RPG is a pretty good deal.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Sinteres posted:

The Fox Clan daimyo and the rest of the materials for the clan being separate stretch goals is pretty funny.

I know there's virtually zero chance of this happening, but what would happen if the Daimyo and materials stretch goals were met, but the ones for the other minis weren't? Would the person playing that clan just proxy them using nickels or something?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

The Moon Monster posted:

I know there's virtually zero chance of this happening, but what would happen if the Daimyo and materials stretch goals were met, but the ones for the other minis weren't? Would the person playing that clan just proxy them using nickels or something?

They'd probably say that extra money paid during the pledge manager portion of the kickstarter unlocked the relevant stretch goals so all minis would be included in the game. I think Star Saga did that where they had a last-minute stretch goal that they didn't hit so when they launched the pledge manager they said if x dollars extra were spent then they'd unlock it.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Spookyelectric posted:

Innocents is a Spanish roleplaying game by Nosolorol Ediciones that Nocturnal Games translated for this Kickstarter. You play as children who are hunted by dark creatures of their imaginations, invisible to parents but nevertheless very real. It's a diceless roleplaying game where you spend "knuckles" to achieve tasks. Older children are better at physical and mental tasks, but younger children have a better Imagination, which is ultimately how you will defend yourself against whatever nightmares are following you. I did the page layout for this translation and tried my best to preserve the whole Jhonen Vasquez aesthetic of the game.

Do you know how does the game compare to Little Fears? It seems to have a similar approach to the same subject matter (though LF isn't diceless like Innocents seems to be.)

HazCat
May 4, 2009

The Moon Monster posted:

I assume they would just throw them in anyway. There was a stretchgoal announced for Massive Darkness that wasn't reached during the campaign, and they just added it in a post campaign update. If they've already developed everything, there's no point not adding it (unless it's content that could be bundled as an expansion, which I could see happening if a whole clan is completely unrevealed somehow).

Also gently caress you guys, I have zero interest in Rising Sun but after checking it out because of the hype here I really want the minis.

I suppose I could use them as proxies in Massive Darkness...

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?

Falstaff posted:

Do you know how does the game compare to Little Fears? It seems to have a similar approach to the same subject matter (though LF isn't diceless like Innocents seems to be.)

I haven't played Little Fears, so I'm not 100% sure. But they seem very similar in premise. I know Innocents does not have a default setting or a named villain or anything like that, while Little Fears does. But they're both about roleplaying as children and confronting imaginary monsters. From what I can tell, they also both treat character creation similarly, but Little Fears is more stat-heavy and seems a little more mechanically complex. Innocents has Physical Age, Mental Age, and Innocence as its stats, and other than advantages and disadvantages, that's basically it .

If I were to guess, I'd say Little Fears probably inspired or influenced Innocents, although to what extent I couldn't say for sure.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

HazCat posted:

Also gently caress you guys, I have zero interest in Rising Sun but after checking it out because of the hype here I really want the minis.

Same. I'm probably not going to get it because it's not like I need more minis. But they are super cool and the price seems like a steal compared to your typical wargame/pure hobby minis.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

The Gloomhaven reprint is going to be on Kickstarter as part of the campaign for Founders of Gloomhaven, which is a separate eurogame. You'll be able to buy Gloomhaven without buying the other game though, thankfully. This is going live on April 6th, so any lingering concern I was having that maybe I should back Rising Sun has just flown out the window since I'm jumping on this one ASAP.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Sinteres posted:

The Gloomhaven reprint is going to be on Kickstarter as part of the campaign for Founders of Gloomhaven, which is a separate eurogame. You'll be able to buy Gloomhaven without buying the other game though, thankfully. This is going live on April 6th, so any lingering concern I was having that maybe I should back Rising Sun has just flown out the window since I'm jumping on this one ASAP.

That's a lot sooner than I'd expected. I hope Isaac doesn't burn himself out, especially given how miserable it was to drag the first run across the finish line due to Amazon loving with him.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Got my Millennium Blades 2nd shipment with the expansion and extras.

There's a crazy amount of cards in this game.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Kai Tave posted:

That's a lot sooner than I'd expected. I hope Isaac doesn't burn himself out, especially given how miserable it was to drag the first run across the finish line due to Amazon loving with him.

It'll be interesting to see how much the price goes up. If there was ever an opportunity for someone to cash in on near-unanimous early reviews, this is it.

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006

Sinteres posted:

Awesome - I'll definitely have to get in on it this time around!

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

The e-mail from the Gloomhaven creator showed off an official health/xp tracker dial to make up for the finicky ones on the character boards.
I want that. Gimme gimme gimme.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Sinteres posted:

My decision to not but one at my Local shop fir $120 is going to pay off so I'm jumping on this for sure.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

JazzFlight posted:

The e-mail from the Gloomhaven creator showed off an official health/xp tracker dial to make up for the finicky ones on the character boards.
I want that. Gimme gimme gimme.

Ooh, that sounds good. My XP tracker flat-out doesn't fit in the slot no matter how much I try to get it wedged in there.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

The Lord of Hats posted:

Ooh, that sounds good. My XP tracker flat-out doesn't fit in the slot no matter how much I try to get it wedged in there.
I got home to reupload the image from the e-mail. Check it out:

Gloomhaven E-mail posted:

Can I get updated books/dials for my current copy of Gloomhaven?
Like I said, I can let you know what the changes are, but it is just not logistically viable to give or even sell new books to everyone who would want them. I can, however, help you with the dials. Or rather, Meeple Realty can. We are working with them to offer everyone an opportunity to buy official Gloomhaven HP/EXP dials for their current game. They will very soon be offering a wood option, and a cardboard version exactly like what will be in the second printing will be available in the future.

Vehementi
Jul 25, 2003

YOSPOS
He said in interview that Gloomhaven as addon will be $100 on KS and MSRP will go from $120 to $140. Still a hilarious steal. Founders will be $50

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Tales from the Loop pdf was released. drat is it a neat game and that Simon Stålenhag art...:swoon:

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP_9zH9Q44o

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Vehementi posted:

He said in interview that Gloomhaven as addon will be $100 on KS and MSRP will go from $120 to $140. Still a hilarious steal. Founders will be $50

Yeah that's an instant buy. I figured anything under 120 would be a really good deal.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
So apparently another successor game to The Riddle of Steel has made it to the Kickstarter phase.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2006613790/song-of-swords-tabletop-roleplaying-game

http://www.songofswords.net/

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Servetus posted:

So apparently another successor game to The Riddle of Steel has made it to the Kickstarter phase.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2006613790/song-of-swords-tabletop-roleplaying-game

http://www.songofswords.net/

I haven't open the PDF yet, but I do applaud them for having a very clear kickstarter and a full beta available from the start. The game might suck, don't know yet as I haven't read anything rules related, but kudos on doing KS right, from what I saw.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Vehementi posted:

That pricing is leaving money on the table.

Vehementi
Jul 25, 2003

YOSPOS
I bought it from my friend for $250 :x

I will be buying probably 2 copies from that KS. Not to resell really, but to have an upgraded copy and I don't even know. It's so cheap at $100 it's like, hey, why not.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
e: wrong thread

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Zanzibar Ham posted:

When you say extras, are you talking about the Mini-Expansions? I got the base, Set Rotation, and #3 and #4 of the mini-expansions. Aren't there like 1000 cards in the base game alone?

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

Vehementi posted:

Is Gloomhaven worth getting for just the minis? Not really a boardgaming dude.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

JackMann posted:

Is Gloomhaven worth getting for just the minis? Not really a boardgaming dude.

No. 17 minis for $100 isn't great value.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Uh, 18, jeez.

I think the first kickstarter had a minis only option for $20 if you really want them. They're fine, but not amazing or anything.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Gloomhaven isn't really a "Kickstarter minis game," it's a boardgame that happens to come with a handful of minis.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Gotcha. Thanks.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Agent Rush posted:

When you say extras, are you talking about the Mini-Expansions? I got the base, Set Rotation, and #3 and #4 of the mini-expansions. Aren't there like 1000 cards in the base game alone?

Yeah, I meant the mini-expansions, though I also ordered and got the art/RPG-book for funsies.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

That sounds about right to me for competitors to the jewel-like objects of wonder.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Looking at the Rising Sun gameplay video, the Betray option makes no sense. I thought it could only affect your ally, but it seems like you can target anyone on the board with your substitutions? That seems powerful as gently caress.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Brad Talton could cut his games in half and still have full games. And I kind of wish he would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vehementi
Jul 25, 2003

YOSPOS
I'd say the Gloomhaven minis are certainly above average, maybe even CMON level, but not something to pay MSRP for

Played it another 15 hours this weekend. So good!