Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj61XvOR7lU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

zegapain

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Actually, easiest way is to just have them be transported to SRW world by the big crystal explosion at the end of the series and then they're trying to find a way home while fighting in their now-real mobile suits.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I still think that Build Fighters' message about the pure joy of being a fan and working on something would be undercut by SRW's... just, everything. There's even a whole monologue in Build Fighters about how you can be happy about it precisely because the stakes are poo poo-all.

e: I love Dai-Guard to bits but at least part of its general attitude survives the transition even if what's arguably the core of it wouldn't. Build Fighters in SRW wouldn't be Build Fighters.

Caphi fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Mar 11, 2017

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Caphi posted:

I still think that Build Fighters' message about the pure joy of being a fan and working on something would be undercut by SRW's... just, everything. There's even a whole monologue in Build Fighters about how you can be happy about it precisely because the stakes are poo poo-all.
That message in Build Fighters never felt entirely honest to me so I wouldn't be upset to see it somewhat undercut.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Raxivace posted:

That message in Build Fighters never felt entirely honest to me so I wouldn't be upset to see it somewhat undercut.

I'd rather not consider SRW including content specifically to poo poo on its intent.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Caphi posted:

I'd rather not consider SRW including content specifically to poo poo on its intent.
Isn't this what they do all the time though? How many shows with tragic endings are rewritten ("Fixed") to be given happy endings in SRW games? Does that not go against their intent?

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
I'm all for Build fighters inclusion being the reason random dead people are alive and happy.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Actually, easiest way is to just have them be transported to SRW world by the big crystal explosion at the end of the series and then they're trying to find a way home while fighting in their now-real mobile suits.

Naw man, it's exactly the same story except instead of small plastic models people build actual giant robots. As a fun hobby. For children.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Raxivace posted:

Isn't this what they do all the time though? How many shows with tragic endings are rewritten ("Fixed") to be given happy endings in SRW games? Does that not go against their intent?
I mean, they usually still hit on the same themes, ideas, and conflicts, they just take a more hopeful angle on it.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.
While I'm not sold on Build Fighters being in it plot wise, since I don't think it would work, I am all for giving us units based on the gunpla in BF. Like, have Judau, Roux and Iino pilot Tryon 3 together. It would be amazing.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Don't you mean Beecha, Mondo, and Iino?

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Broken Loose posted:

Don't you mean Beecha, Mondo, and Iino?

I'm not letting Beecha and Mondo in Tryon 3. If I have to keep Judau in the ZZ, then I'm having Roux, Elle and Iino pilot T3.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Schwarzwald posted:

Would Mr. Ral be L sized?

No but Sei's mom is. Also proving that Sei's dad is a loving moron.

Also a BF SRW could be rad. Just hordes of geeky kids and adults making rad rear end customs from all their favorite robot shows. :3: BF but not just Gundams! Except shenanigans occur and like everyone has to stop an Impact caused by Plavsky particles.

Captain Rufus fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Mar 11, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I think including the units but not the pilots would be the best way to go about it, yeah. Heck you could even include the pilots as the mechanic crew and they can hang out with the mechanic from nadesico or something.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Endorph posted:

I think including the units but not the pilots would be the best way to go about it, yeah. Heck you could even include the pilots as the mechanic crew and they can hang out with the mechanic from nadesico or something.

You tellin' me I'd have to get by without my main man Reiji at the controls? Or Meijin Kawaguchi the Third?! Heresy.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Rufus posted:

No but Sei's mom is.

:mmmhmm:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Inferno-sama posted:

While I'm not sold on Build Fighters being in it plot wise, since I don't think it would work, I am all for giving us units based on the gunpla in BF. Like, have Judau, Roux and Iino pilot Tryon 3 together. It would be amazing.

Agreed, like say in a game with War In The Pocket on the roster have Bernie be able to unlock the Super Zaku F2000, or the Zaku Amazing, or even the Act Zaku(since we need MSV stuff in general to make a return to the series) as an upgrade

Which reminds me that I'd love to see a SRW game where the only Gundam representation is Universal Century entries set before Zeta Gundam

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

drrockso20 posted:

Which reminds me that I'd love to see a SRW game where the only Gundam representation is Universal Century entries set before Zeta Gundam
Let's see, just limiting yourself to animated works that would give you...

The Origin OVAs
The 08th MS Team
Igloo (lol)
Thunderbolt

I've always grouped 0083 more with the Zeta and beyond era stuff myself, but I suppose there's no reason you couldn't include it here.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
GGG is certainly that. Like 2/3 of the game is One Year War or immediately after stuff.

edit: no Origin though.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Mar 12, 2017

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Raxivace posted:

The Origin OVAs
The 08th MS Team
Igloo (lol)
Thunderbolt

I've always grouped 0083 more with the Zeta and beyond era stuff myself, but I suppose there's no reason you couldn't include it here.

So that means I could get Advance of Zeta and the Black Otter Team? SIGN ME UP.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

Raxivace posted:

The Origin OVAs
The 08th MS Team
Igloo (lol)
Thunderbolt

Sign me up.

Secret characters would have to include Doan for sure.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ZuljinRaynor posted:

Sign me up.

Secret characters would have to include Doan for sure.
Obviously Doan's story would be used to set up the existence of G Gundam in an inevitable sequel. He is the original Gundam Fighter after all, even though he used a Zaku.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Raxivace posted:

The Origin OVAs
The 08th MS Team
Igloo (lol)
Thunderbolt

I was thinking some of the Manga and Videogame stuff as well

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

The plot to kill Gihren Zabi? It only has one major battle, but it's a great one.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

drrockso20 posted:

You could, though I think even with just the animated stuff that's a pretty decent list to work with.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Raxivace posted:

The Origin OVAs
The 08th MS Team
Igloo (lol)
Thunderbolt

Only if Amuro is pilot - locked to the RX78-2 with no one ever bringing it up or acknowledging it.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Captain Rufus posted:

Also a BF SRW could be rad. Just hordes of geeky kids and adults making rad rear end customs from all their favorite robot shows. :3: BF but not just Gundams! Except shenanigans occur and like everyone has to stop an Impact caused by Plavsky particles.
If that day happens, I would love for the playable cast to suddenly be part-time employees of the Iori Gunpla Shop. No fanfare, no big cutscene, just everyone on a casual rotation working at the shop selling Gunpla and/or discussing the game's overall plot.

Also, for any villains recruited via secret methods, their final task before joining the team is to build a Mega Size version of their robot that Rinko inexplicably has in stock in the back room.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
Ryoma was a janitor in SRWZ3, so he can be a janitor at the Iori Gunpla shop too. He can also scratch build Black Getter.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Raxivace posted:

Interesting. It's Feddies versus Zeon, so it's always been pseudo-OYW to me. I kinda want a secret to recruit Cima Garahau though? She's ins anely sexy.

I mean, even if you worked some magic to have Thunderbolt or 0080 as the main Gundam representative and selectively altered or included other works to support the idea of a heroic Zeon, Cima is still going to be the teammate who will inevitably betray you.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

He's so big.

Puru DLC is nice. Poor Captain Bearded Bear.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
Uh, am I doing this right? (Tobia isn't gonna last long in that spot probably.)

(After 17 stages)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yes

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

MonsieurChoc posted:

G-Reco is the best Gundam series since Turn-A though, while IBO is kinda meh?

G-Reco is unredeemable garbage that somehow manages to be worse than AGE. The "plot" is almost entirely nonsensical and the show has a complete non-ending. It also managed to have a more obnoxious protagonist than SEED-D Kira or Kio, which is a drat impressive achievement.

Also most of the MS designs in the show are hideously ugly.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

So, are the relationship bonuses known yet? Does Graham get a Love bonus when next to Setsuna?

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

G-Reco is unredeemable garbage that somehow manages to be worse than AGE. The "plot" is almost entirely nonsensical and the show has a complete non-ending. It also managed to have a more obnoxious protagonist than SEED-D Kira or Kio, which is a drat impressive achievement.

Also most of the MS designs in the show are hideously ugly.

Source your quotes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I'm not 100% sure if the game even has relationship bonuses. I didn't notice one between Kira and Athrun, anyway.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I binge-played SRW V for the past 7 hours instead of just going to sleep and I just got to Stage 36.

I... am slightly worried that I might not make the end-game secret route that requires 25 Ace Pilots. I have been getting a lot of Proud Aces for folks, but I kind of don't really want to rotate people in and out at this point. But I can say that Hathaway is getting kicked the gently caress out of the Xi Gundam the moment he reaches 50 kills.

For the main, I picked the Super Robot-type upgrade. Good loving God does this thing hit like a truck.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

pick some random gundam pilots who have decent kill counts and swap them into gundams you're already using, is how i did it. it's basically just using the same mech with a different spirit set, and the crossbone has no newtype weapons so literally everyone can use it.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

MonsieurChoc posted:

So, are the relationship bonuses known yet? Does Graham get a Love bonus when next to Setsuna?

Source your quotes.

The game has no relationship bonuses, from what I've seen.

Also, please stop talking about G-Reco. Fans of the show are impervious to logic and discussion will get nowhere.

MechaX posted:

I... am slightly worried that I might not make the end-game secret route that requires 25 Ace Pilots. I have been getting a lot of Proud Aces for folks, but I kind of don't really want to rotate people in and out at this point. But I can say that Hathaway is getting kicked the gently caress out of the Xi Gundam the moment he reaches 50 kills.

Once you break stage 40 or so you'll get to the point where your suborder pilots are gonna start getting 50 kills. I went from 5 aces to 30+ over the course of like 6 stages. Also, route splits dump a ton of kills on all the people who didn't go, and don't forget to ace your battleships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Also thanks to Gamillas swarming you with their dinky fighter planes once you get back on track with the Yamato plot you'll be racking up kill counts in no time.

I didn't buy Proud Ace on a single unit and I reached the hidden route split with 38 Aces. That said there's probably at least one other hidden requirement for the IF path.

• Locked thread