Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

SocketWrench posted:

I refuse to buy Starbucks coffee because they wear hats. They call them "visors" but they're really hats with the tp cut off, and you can't trust anyone that wears a hat
Are we doing dalereed?

I will never buy Starbucks because I've only drunk moonshine since I was fifteen! Coffee is European trash and can go to hell!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From House GOP would let employers demand workers' genetic test results posted by freeper MarchonDC09122009

the article posted:

A little-noticed bill moving through Congress would allow companies to require employees to undergo genetic testing or risk paying a penalty of thousands of dollars, and would let employers see that genetic and other health information.

Giving employers such power is now prohibited by legislation including the 2008 genetic privacy and nondiscrimination law known as GINA. The new bill gets around that landmark law by stating explicitly that GINA and other protections do not apply when genetic tests are part of a “workplace wellness” program.

Just pretend I put increasing numbers of :tinfoil: between each post in this thread.

quote:

The GOP establishment prove yet again they are no friend of freedom loving conservative minded citizens. This Brave New World bill an Absolute privacy breaching Showstopper! The Republicans we helped sweep into victory approve of employers demanding your genetic data.

We already have no say about how your health info is shared by data brokers share among 8000+ healthcare entities, ie: see how you are exploited at: thedatamap.org

It looks like Comey wasn't kidding when he said matter of factly: "Americans have no Absolute data privacy".

Happy fishbowl everyone...

1 posted on 3/10/2017, 8:10:21 AM by MarchonDC09122009

Grrrrrrr

quote:

To: Red Badger

This gubbamint has become too intrusive, too powerful, too expensive, too entrenched.

Grrrrrrr

4 posted on 3/10/2017, 8:16:24 AM by servantboy777

:capitalism:

quote:

To: MarchonDC09122009

This is the end result when governments force employers to pay insurance premiums. Sooner or later, the payees are going to want to reduce their costs and if genetic testing helps them do it, then...

8 posted on 3/10/2017, 8:18:58 AM by Poison Pill

There's not a single kind word towards any Republicans in this thread.

quote:

Rino’s need to go down worse than the liberals. They’re traitors within our party.

20 posted on 3/10/2017, 8:25:44 AM by ssfromla

quote:

Uniparty fascism at its most obvious here.

21 posted on 3/10/2017, 8:28:55 AM by RC one (The 2nd Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances)

"But my congressman is one of the good ones!"

quote:

Virginia Foxx introduced this?!?!?!?

I used to live in her district. Met her a number of times.

She is a textbook study in how a well-meaning conservative devolves into one of the GOPe.

23 posted on 3/10/2017, 8:31:32 AM by Ciaphas Cain (The choice to be stupid is not a conviction I am obligated to respect.)

There's a whole lot of :capitalism: in this thread. This is like the fourth of like six or eight total posts just like this.

quote:

The foundational problem here is the employer being made responsible to provide for the enployees health. The desire to know health information about the employee springs from it. Bad policy begets problems that demand more bad policy.

32 posted on 3/10/2017, 8:50:55 AM by AndyTheBear

Gettin' pretty :tinfoil: in here.

quote:

To: stylin19a; All

As of Sept 15 2015 US gov’t agencies have the ability and permission to obtain and share ALL of your personally identifable information and health data for the purpose of creating a citizen behavioral health database.

ALL of your personal health information (medical history) is shared by unaccountable / unmonitored data brokers in a multi-Billion dollar Big Data scheme.

thedatamap.org

(Harvard Medical data privacy study)

Obama Issues Executive Order for Use of Behavioral Data

hxxp://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/15/obama-issues-executive-order-government-use-behavioral-data/

*The Uniparty fully approves of this.
Too much sh1t distractions by MSM and Congressional miscreants.
Hope this matter gets DJT and deplorable’s attention to kill this nightmare Soviet-Nazi “desirable citizen” plan.

37 posted on 3/10/2017, 8:57:48 AM by MarchonDC09122009 (When is our next march on DC? When have we had enough?)

For the record, this story was all over lefty social media this morning.

quote:

To: eyeamok

This is one example of where the fact that the Left has gone completely batsh** insane really hurts us.

If they were in any way rational you’d see a very broad coalition come together and push back at this in a way that would have them soiling their britches on Capitol Hill.

I don’t think many Liberals want their genetic profiles being shuffled around either.

45 posted on 3/10/2017, 9:07:21 AM by Buckeye McFrog

:byodood::freep: GEORGE SOROS IS GOING TO USE THIS BILL TO STEAL YOUR HEALTHY ORGANS :freep::byodood:

quote:

This is a terrible bill not just re the genetic illness traits.

There are too many super rich and evil people like George $oreA$$, the Obamas, the Opecker Princes, the Clintoons and Silicon Valley CEO’s, who would abuse these lists to find donors (kind word) to cure certain diseases in their bodies or their families.

These DNA tests could set up non volunteer donor lists of body parts like livers, hearts, Kidneys, lungs, eyes and other organs.

48 posted on 3/10/2017, 9:13:25 AM by Grampa Dave ( Obama shredded our constitution with his TrumpTowerGate. Obama is today's Nixon.)

This is their goal, after all.

quote:

To: Ray76

Time to alter or abolish fedgov.

53 posted on 3/10/2017, 9:28:10 AM by Psalm 144 (Ace McCain, the Songbird. Nearly sank an aircraft carrier all alone, now tender midwife to ISIS.)

Freeper DBrow is a first class cynic.

quote:

To: wtd

“sharing personal info without your express consent. “

If you sign up for our “wellness program” we’ll cut your premiums by $500 and give you a $200 Amazon gift card! You do need to sign our four-page online “agreement” form, then you are in!

There you go- people will sign to get the benefit without reading the 4 page consent form, and since they consented, by signature, to share certain health metrics with the employer’s contracted service, HIPPA is satisfied.

Giving employees who comply a cash benefit or premium reduction is the same as charging those who do not comply.

56 posted on 3/10/2017, 9:37:29 AM by DBrow

quote:

The whole genetic theory of disease is bull crap anyway. People may be more susceptible to some diseases based on their genetics but it is by no means predestined, not by a long shot.

57 posted on 3/10/2017, 9:40:32 AM by Crucial

Violence will fix it!

quote:

To: 9YearLurker

Anyone supporting this needs 9 grams in the back of their head and their body dumped in North Korea.

64 posted on 3/10/2017, 10:20:46 AM by RedStateRocker (Nuke Mecca, deport all illegal aliens, abolish the IRS, DEA and ATF.)

Freep opinions: all conservative ideas are good ideas therefore all bad ideas are not conservative ideas.

quote:

Show me a SINGLE Conservative idea in this bill!

75 posted on 3/10/2017, 11:03:04 AM by Red in Blue PA (war is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength, obama loves America)

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

quote:

Anyone supporting this needs 9 grams in the back of their head and their body dumped in North Korea.

Gun nerd curiosity here, tried to figure out what he's trying to say. I presume he meant "9mm" since in the US bullet weight is measured in "grains" vice grams.

But assuming he typed it right, 9g is equal to 138.891 grains, which googling tells me you can get 138gr bullets for a .38 Special, or 139gr bullets for the totally unrelated 7mm rifle cartridge. So basically I gave it a good-faith effort but have no idea of the specifics of this man's anonymous threat.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Gun nerd curiosity here, tried to figure out what he's trying to say. I presume he meant "9mm" since in the US bullet weight is measured in "grains" vice grams.

But assuming he typed it right, 9g is equal to 138.891 grains, which googling tells me you can get 138gr bullets for a .38 Special, or 139gr bullets for the totally unrelated 7mm rifle cartridge. So basically I gave it a good-faith effort but have no idea of the specifics of this man's anonymous threat.

.38 special will do the job just as well as a 9mm. But unless he's just lost his marbles, or is using some archaic form of bullet measurement, he seems to be talking out his rear end. Could be all three.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Technical Analysis posted:

.38 special will do the job just as well as a 9mm. But unless he's just lost his marbles, or is using some archaic form of bullet measurement, he seems to be talking out his rear end. Could be all three.

Maybe he just really wants to give everyone 9 grams of cocaine????

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Technical Analysis posted:

Grams would be a *less* archaic method of measuring bullet weight; the "grains" that Americans still weigh bullets by are the kind of measurement you'd use in an apothecary in 1863 to measure out opium for a woman with hysteria. This is the US, we just need to be thankful that we aren't buying milk by the 1/79th hogshead.

For a while you could buy really cheap Russian surplus bolt-action rifles for like $75 or less, and the really old ones from pre-1917 had their sights denominated in "arshins" (28 inches or 71.1cm) so you got to do some fun mental math trying to figure out how to sight in your rifle for a given range.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

Grams would be a *less* archaic method of measuring bullet weight; the "grains" that Americans still weigh bullets by are the kind of measurement you'd use in an apothecary in 1863 to measure out opium for a woman with hysteria. This is the US, we just need to be thankful that we aren't buying milk by the 1/79th hogshead.

For a while you could buy really cheap Russian surplus bolt-action rifles for like $75 or less, and the really old ones from pre-1917 had their sights denominated in "arshins" (28 inches or 71.1cm) so you got to do some fun mental math trying to figure out how to sight in your rifle for a given range.

See? Grams are some kind of foreign European measurement, that dude is clearly not a Freeper. Also, for one of them Russian bolt actions, I think it'd be less time consuming to just eyeball it rather than do the math.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

9g of polonium crammed into the back of the head would likely do it.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Or ricin. Which freeper types are fond of:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_incidents_involving_ricin

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Ready to be extra grossed-out by Freep religion?

Colo. Megachurch Sees 'Phenomenal' Growth in Its Hispanic Congregation [70% undocumented]

quote:

Not for long. They’re going home soon (and I don’t mean to the Lord).

3 posted on March 10, 2017 at 5:26:07 PM CST by fieldmarshaldj (Je Suis Pepe)

quote:

Easy pickings but, once again, ICE is nowhere to be found.

6 posted on March 10, 2017 at 5:29:55 PM CST by bgill (From the CDC site, "We don't know how people are infected with Ebola")

quote:

So, this “church” harbors illegals eh?

Sounds like an apostate Seeker-friendly church in the mold of Rick Warren and Joel Osteen.

2 Timothy 3:5
They have a form of godliness by deny it’s power.

19 posted on March 10, 2017 at 6:09:53 PM CST by Roman_War_Criminal

quote:

LOL! Fear of deportation and losing all those government freebies and handouts has brought them back to Jesus.

18 posted on March 10, 2017 at 6:09:52 PM CST by FlingWingFlyer (I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it. - Clint Eastwood)

The most honest Freeper:

quote:

My church combined with an Hispanic church that was losing its place of worship. I’m in California.

I feel like my Christian worldview and my political worldview are colliding right now.

I feel the most sorry for kids in the middle of this.

I’m praying that those that are here illegally do the right thing.

The only thing really bothering me is church members turning a blind eye to the illegal activity.

9 posted on March 10, 2017 at 5:36:00 PM CST by luckystarmom

"My religion tells me to help the poor and distressed, and these folks are my same religion and literally worship at the same church as me... buuuuuuuuuut my political views say they're filthy brown parasites here to steal my job and give my kids TB. Conundrum..."

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

McGlockenshire posted:

From House GOP would let employers demand workers' genetic test results

quote:

posted by freeper MarchonDC09122009
The whole genetic theory of disease is bull crap anyway. People may be more susceptible to some diseases based on their genetics but it is by no means predestined, not by a long shot.

57 posted on 3/10/2017, 9:40:32 AM by Crucial
Yes. The whole "genetic theory" that says you will 100% without a doubt no way around it definitely get the same disease as your ancestors IS total bullshit! I've NO idea why this theory is so popular! I can't believe I'm agreeing with a Freeper!!

quote:

If they were in any way rational you’d see a very broad coalition come together and push back at this in a way that would have them soiling their britches on Capitol Hill.

I don’t think many Liberals want their genetic profiles being shuffled around either.

45 posted on 3/10/2017, 9:07:21 AM by Buckeye McFrog
THIS IS THE RESULT OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU COMING TOGETHER TO "PUSH BACK" YOU IGNORANT SHITSACK

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Keeshhound posted:

How quickly Flint fades from memory.

Freep cheered the crisis in Flint, because it was mostly black people getting hurt by it. Surely daddy GOP wouldn't let such a thing happen to right-thinking white people, would he?

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

McGlockenshire posted:

quote:

To: 9YearLurker

64 posted on 3/10/2017, 10:20:46 AM by RedStateRocker (Nuke Mecca, deport all illegal aliens, abolish the IRS, DEA and ATF.)

I take it RedStateRocker can expect a visit from the Secret Service for threatening the President, then.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Ready to be extra grossed-out by Freep religion?
Sometimes I wish I weren't an atheist, because it would be really nice for Jesus to smack all these people upside the head and ask "Did you even read anything I said?"

E: Oh lord, I just noticed the "brought them back to Jesus" comment. Yes, the notoriously irreligious Hispanic population just now decided to convert to Christianity.

Lord Hydronium fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Mar 11, 2017

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

quote:

They tried that, and their reps called them "paid protestors" and "children" and stopped having town hall meetings.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Park Ousted (South Korean President removed as justices unanimously upholds impeachment)

Freep doesn't really have much of an opinion on this, but there still a few worthwhile quotes.

quote:

To: VAFreedom

When South Korea has corruption they remove the corrupt.

when America has corrupt people, nothing happens.

3 posted on 03/10/2017 5:57:46 AM PST by gaijin
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

This is what a real democracy does when it finds out it elected a lesbian satanist

5 posted on 03/10/2017 5:58:40 AM PST by silverleaf (Age takes a toll: Please have exact change)

quote:

To: gaijin

Sometimes in my surlier moods, I find myself wishing that Americans would consider the “Romanian Method” of handling inept and corrupt politicians.

7 posted on 03/10/2017 6:05:38 AM PST by Ciaphas Cain (The choice to be stupid is not a conviction I am obligated to respect.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

Rules, regulations and laws are for subjects not rulers.

9 posted on 03/10/2017 6:08:58 AM PST by fella ("As it was before Noah so shall it be again,")

No wait, this is bad!

quote:

To: fella

What actually happened in Korea is what the leftist loonies want to accomplish with Donald Trump. Talk about fake news, the Korean media are a notch above our LSM. Park is a conservative and pro Trump. The opposition who brought her down are anti US anti Trump and all out Commies. Democrats and the media are studying how Park was brought down so they could use it against Trump.

12 posted on 03/10/2017 7:11:01 AM PST by Sedona13
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Sedona13

Park takes a hardline on North Korea as does Trump. We lost an ally.

13 posted on 03/10/2017 7:12:51 AM PST by bjcoop
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

quote:

I heard they are going to put a leftist in who is apparently opposed to THAAD and wants to talk to North Korea. I think a conservative obviously would have been a better ally for Trump, so this is a shame.

14 posted on 03/10/2017 7:36:48 AM PST by Pinkbell (http://dtforpres.blogspot.com/2016/11/cnn-lies-multiple-times-to-help-hillary.html)

:smugdon:

quote:

When we have corrupt politicians, they get promoted.

15 posted on 03/10/2017 8:29:34 AM PST by wastedyears (Prophecy of sky Gods, the sun and moon)

quote:

when America has corrupt people, nothing happens

you get elected/re-elected president or be a presidential candidate.

23 posted on 03/10/2017 4:50:03 PM PST by cssGA30005

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Trump threatens GOP: Back health bill or get primaried

Wherein Freepers are torn between "Trump did no such thing, Fake News, he hates Obamacare 2.0 just like I do!" ... and then others saying "welp, if Trump says it's good it must be good so I'm going with the President on this one."

quote:

“Sources told.”

Fake news. Remember two weeks ago when sources told that Trump was going to push amnesty?

Yeah, how’d that turn out?

I call BS.

4 posted on March 10, 2017 at 5:38:10 PM CST by Luircin (Dancing in the streets! Time to DRAIN THE SWAMP!)

quote:

right now I trust the Pres. I am willing to go along with it.

7 posted on March 10, 2017 at 5:39:26 PM CST by Persevero

Dangerous game...

quote:

I don’t get this. Back RINOCare or get Trumped? Is that the “do or die” ultimatum here?

Fine. Whatever. If I was a Repug, I’d vote for this POS bill. Knowing it won’t get out of the Senate with 60 votes. Or even make it past a reconciliation bill.

Why? Why is Trump pushing so hard for ObamaCare 2.0?

9 posted on March 10, 2017 at 5:40:49 PM CST by Responsibility2nd

quote:

CHAOS

Is this an exercise in it?

DeMint left that meeting saying Trump was receptive to the criticisms made in that meeting.

The media has done everything it can to drive a wedge between Trump and the Conservatives who supported him.

Second only to the media, the NeverTrumpers have been salivating at this possibility. Screw the nation, as long as they can trash Trump and make the case they told others so.

This will play out. I’ll be watching. Some folks are going to be upset, whichever way it goes.

I hope it is not Conservatives, but if it is, it is.

17 posted on March 10, 2017 at 5:45:02 PM CST by DoughtyOne (NeverTrump, a movement that was revealed to be a movement. Thank heaven we flushed!)

quote:

The examiner is a conservative paper. I hope this isn’t true but he needs a R&R bill pretty bad. Ryan knows this so he stuck us with this POS. If he’s really willing to go after conservative reps in primaries then we’ve been betrayed.

24 posted on March 10, 2017 at 5:52:16 PM CST by gibsonguy

How can someone this politically cynical have such childlike faith?

quote:

Well, I more pay attention to Twitter, and what I heard him say there is that he’s listening to us and our worries about this bill.

I prefer to believe what Trump himself says than what some unnamed source says he said in some fake newspaper.

27 posted on March 10, 2017 at 5:53:51 PM CST by Luircin (Dancing in the streets! Time to DRAIN THE SWAMP!)

quote:

I don’t trust Ryan.

Trump, however, has shown to be trustworthy. I’m going to continue to trust him until he gives me a solid reason not to.

38 posted on March 10, 2017 at 6:02:38 PM CST by Luircin (Dancing in the streets! Time to DRAIN THE SWAMP!)

quote:

Making sausage. Meatloaf. Whatever.

I do NOT see this as Trump, trying to force a particular version of healthcare repeal/replace.

I DO see it as his way to keep his promise to improve the situation.

I do NOT see Trump as a policy wonk. Leave the weeds to Ryan, Price, Paul, Cruz and many others.

Hs threat to jeopardize their happy, gerrymandered reelections doesn’t bother me.

49 posted on March 10, 2017 at 6:10:15 PM CST by truth_seeker

quote:

There a FB posting from Trump about this “refuorm”. He’s getting hammered by even his supporters for this farce. It’s nice to know it isn’t just Freepers who don’t like being sold out.

55 posted on March 10, 2017 at 6:19:08 PM CST by grania

quote:

Kissing rear end is not Donald’s style.Kicking it is.

56 posted on March 10, 2017 at 6:19:40 PM CST by Farmer Dean ("Do you want me to shoot,I'm rested.")

The ONE WEIRD THING driving up America's healthcare costs:

quote:

Obamacare, Trump, and the eGOP start with fallacy that “insurance” is supposed to cover pre-existing conditions.

It’s time to educate people about the meaning of insurance, sell insurance across state lines, make the true healthcare costs more transparent and competitive, stop mandating coverage of e.g. contraception and elective surgery for transsexuals, and reform malpractice lawsuit abuse.

63 posted on March 10, 2017 at 6:27:26 PM CST by Rainier1789 (My Constitution has a 2nd and 10th Amendment)

quote:

I don’t think you guys understand Trump.

Trump is not a conservative. He’s a populist. Of all the people in the US he wants to make happy, it ain’t ruby red Texas. Or ruby red Alabama.

It’s just barely pink Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania.

THOSE people don’t care all that much about the horror of government in healthcare. They DO care that their premiums went up. They don’t care about this supposed imperative of pure conservatism that lets insurance companies exclude pre-ex conditions. They DO care about that and don’t want that. They aren’t hard core conservatives. They are just people who’ve been screwed.

So there ain’t gonna be some philosophical ooooh I must be conservative plan that doesn’t have some premium subsidy in it. Or some prohibition of excluding pre-ex conditions. The voters that he flipped don’t want that purity.

Trump is not a conservative. He’s a populist. You all knew this all along. He spared you from Hillary. It’s time to thank him.

65 posted on March 10, 2017 at 6:30:14 PM CST by Owen

TapTheForwardAssist fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Mar 11, 2017

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

:lol: By the time Trump signs this thing it's gonna be a huge #TrumpWinsAgain circlejerk on Freep.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

quote:

REPEAL NOT REPLACE

REPEAL WITHOUT REPLACE

REPEAL THEN REPLACE RYAN

REPLACE RYAN WITH RAND

REPEAL BUT NOT REPLACE

REPLACE THIS

NEVER REPEAL AND REPLACE

NEVER REPLACE

DO NOT REPLACE

ALWAYS REPEAL AND NEVER REPLACE

PURSUE REPEAL AVOID REPLACE

REPLACE REPLACE WITH REPEAL

REPEAL AND REPEAL AGAIN REPEAT

REPLACE MY ARSE

REPEAL REPLACE

REPEAL THIS SLAVERY

REPUBLICANS REPEAL DEMOCRATS REPLACE

REPEAL ALL DONORS

REPLACE THE SPEAKER

Zero_Grade posted:

Man, modern poetry is weird.

I actually think it's kind of amazing, for what it is. Cut each enormous letter from industrial materials, slap it on the side of an art warehouse and it would probably be the event of the year in the art world. There's some mesmerizing beauty to this nonsense imho and it really represents how loving crazy unhinged all of this rhetoric has become. Title it "Diabetic Seizure"

^^ do not steal copyright 2017 ME

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Trump, however, has shown to be trustworthy. I’m going to continue to trust him until he gives me a solid reason not to.

Holy gently caress

For some reason, this is the one that broke me. All the nonstop Donald Trump dicksucking, but this for some reason I just can't take

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Play posted:

Holy gently caress

For some reason, this is the one that broke me. All the nonstop Donald Trump dicksucking, but this for some reason I just can't take

They see everything he does that pisses his/their enemies off as being good, completely ignoring any possible downside. They want an angry man to destroy the government, because they've been told for decades that the government is the problem, and they are outraged that the GOP doesn't obey their every insane whim so the GOP must also be destroyed.

Look at that post and then look at all the giant WTFs they had in reaction to the healthcare bill, the one that Trump has said over and over, loudly, that he wants and supports. Most were in complete and total denial and they hopped straight into bargaining with "he'll listen to us!" I predict that if this bill gets passed by the House and Senate that Trump will sign it, and they will still love him for it despite the fact that the bill is designed to target and destroy the healthcare of the freeper demographic.

Trump is trying to kill the freepers, and they are supporting him in that effort.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

SocketWrench posted:

I refuse to buy Starbucks coffee because they wear hats. They call them "visors" but they're really hats with the tp cut off, and you can't trust anyone that wears a hat

I refuse to buy Starbucks because they won't ban music in the stores. They're getting paid to serve coffee, not listen to the radio!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

McGlockenshire posted:

They see everything he does that pisses his/their enemies off as being good, completely ignoring any possible downside. They want an angry man to destroy the government, because they've been told for decades that the government is the problem, and they are outraged that the GOP doesn't obey their every insane whim so the GOP must also be destroyed.

Look at that post and then look at all the giant WTFs they had in reaction to the healthcare bill, the one that Trump has said over and over, loudly, that he wants and supports. Most were in complete and total denial and they hopped straight into bargaining with "he'll listen to us!" I predict that if this bill gets passed by the House and Senate that Trump will sign it, and they will still love him for it despite the fact that the bill is designed to target and destroy the healthcare of the freeper demographic.

Trump is trying to kill the freepers, and they are supporting him in that effort.

Trump has proven a million times, in a million different ways, that he can't be trusted. He's changed his decision on every position he's ever had, hosed over nearly every person he's ever met. His business dealings alone should disqualify him 100% regarding trust, not to mention his personal relationships.

But no, this guy is sure. This Donald dude, he's totally legit. No joke, 100%

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
We should start a betting pool when jim rob decides to get out of this abusive relationship and call him a rino.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

RagnarokAngel posted:

We should start a betting pool when jim rob decides to get out of this abusive relationship and call him a rino.

Day he signs any healthcare​ law.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

RagnarokAngel posted:

The day after he's out of office

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

McGlockenshire posted:

From House GOP would let employers demand workers' genetic test results posted by freeper MarchonDC09122009

Just pretend I put increasing numbers of :tinfoil: between each post in this thread.

Grrrrrrr

:capitalism:

There's not a single kind word towards any Republicans in this thread.

"But my congressman is one of the good ones!"

There's a whole lot of :capitalism: in this thread. This is like the fourth of like six or eight total posts just like this.

Gettin' pretty :tinfoil: in here.

:byodood::freep: GEORGE SOROS IS GOING TO USE THIS BILL TO STEAL YOUR HEALTHY ORGANS :freep::byodood:

Reminder that Freep was entirely fine with your employer checking to make sure that you were only being prescribed contraceptive pills for non-slutty reasons.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

RagnarokAngel posted:

... either November 9, 2020, or January 21, 2025.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Keeshhound posted:

... either November 9, 2020, or January 21, 2025.

It'll be before then. Losing is the surest sign of RINO-dom, with flouting the hivemind on some element as a second option. If Trump is pulled down by scandal, the Freep reaction will flip to "no true conservative" as soon as it becomes inevitable. How could we have known? He was such a smooth salesman and there were no warning signs.

In the more likely event that he isn't impeached and doesn't resign, Freep will still turn on him inevitably; hate is all they can manage as a collective. It won't be the first one, but the second or third big thing he signs off on (healthcare, a budget, infrastructure bills, not actually condemning gays to camps, etc), they'll turn on him as a conman big government stooge because he isn't destroying the federal government and as bad as any other uniparty punk.

It'll be before the end of this year, but probably late.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

https://twitter.com/davidjlynch/status/840657739739205633
https://twitter.com/PreetBharara/status/840645773985492992
https://twitter.com/chrisgeidner/status/840645902289248256

Trump possibly going back on his word with Preet Bharara. What will Freep think of this?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

WrenP-Complete posted:

Trump possibly going back on his word with Preet Bharara. What will Freep think of this?

He's not white and an Obama appointee, they'll be thrilled.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Neo_Crimson posted:

He's not white and an Obama appointee, they'll be thrilled.

Pretty much this. I think they've already called for him to have submitted his resignation.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
More wholesome family values:

Student Satanists Announce Lamb Sacrifice and Bible Burning at Clemson U

quote:

Just ONCE, I’d like to see a rifle squad of Christians liquidate the whole lot. And then ask for a Presidential pardon.

11 posted on March 11, 2017 at 2:56:40 PM CST by Salvavida (The restoration of the U.S.A. starts with filling the pews at every Bible-believing church.)

Fortunately, a sane Freeper appears:

quote:

Just ONCE, I’d like to see a rifle squad of Christians liquidate the whole lot.
Just because they mock your religion? That sounds like the justification used by the Muslims when they kill people who dare to mock Mohammed.

15 posted on March 11, 2017 at 3:02:16 PM CST by Wissa (Cats don't make long-term plans.)

Then a smart Freeper appears:

quote:

These idiots are just trying to get attention and get laid.

They should go all the way and sacrifice one of their own if they were really serious.

16 posted on March 11, 2017 at 3:02:26 PM CST by Luircin (Dancing in the streets! Time to DRAIN THE SWAMP!)

And then, like a moth to a flame:

quote:

“Look behind each and every one of these events and you will find someone with strong Marxist connections.”

Yep. The elite sodomites (homomafia) want the masses to be slaves-—ignorant, irrational, immoral people. Without Virtue formation in children, freedom is impossible.

We have allowed our edukation system to destroy virtue formation in children and normalize ignorance (lies), irrational concepts and perversions, like Slavery is Freedom and Boys are Girls— a Marxist radical egalitarianism where Evil is Good and all humans are interchangeable drones. All this is to collapse civilization so the NWO can progress.

They want to recreate the Rites of Ba’al, where sex with children and babies is the same as with adults (radical egalitarism). Sodomy of little boys and babies has been the endgame, since the Christians took over the pagan practices of Nero and Caligula (transvestites and sodomites who castrated the little boys). That “culture” of radical egalitarianism and irrationality (insanity actually) is what they are trying to normalize so a few elites can control and cull the masses and use any of the little children for their own lusts. Total degenerates. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

20 posted on March 11, 2017 at 3:07:16 PM CST by savagesusie (When Law ceases to be Just, it ceases to be Law. (Thomas A./Founders/John Marshall)/Nuremberg)

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Separate thread, but has anyone else noticed any increase in Freepers calling each other out on idiocy, or am I just stumbling across random bits of humanity?

quote:

To: IDontLikeToPayTaxes

“Preet Bharara. All American boy next door. “

Oh for heaven’s sake. Let’s round up every American whose name isn’t WASPish enough for you, fire them, deport them, better yet, prison or firing squad.
Because one’s surname is how we tell, and all we need to know.
Bigot.
FReepers are more intelligent than that.

28 posted on March 11, 2017 at 2:13:10 PM CST by mumblypeg (Make America Macho Again.)

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Separate thread, but has anyone else noticed any increase in Freepers calling each other out on idiocy, or am I just stumbling across random bits of humanity?

There's been a lot more of this as the election finished and you were no longer ban-on-sight if you were previously a Cruz supporter, etc.

WrenP-Complete posted:

From [Preset] Preet Bharra says he was fired "moments ago" posted by freeper gwjack

quote:

Well, I guess it wasn't fake news after all. Personally, I'm sorry to see Mr. Bharra go.

1 posted on 3/11/2017, 11:43:30 AM by gwjack

quote:

To: gwjack

Preset, you get a re-set for your career.

Make the most of it, fool.

2 posted on 3/11/2017, 11:44:54 AM by ifinnegan (Democrats kill babies and harvest their organs to sell)

quote:

What did Sessions know that we don’t. I alway thought this guy was pretty good. I guess we will find out

6 posted on 3/11/2017, 11:46:30 AM by McGavin999

Because yes of course freep would defend D'Souza,

quote:

He prosecuted Dinesh D’Souza the Obama critic and asked for two years prison time for a very minor election law violation that Democrats get a slap on the wrist for.

USA for SDNY is a very important position and PDT needs to be sure whoever is in there will carry out the prosecutorial policies of the Trump admin and the Sessions DOJ.

8 posted on 3/11/2017, 11:47:15 AM by Meet the New Boss

So it does look like they like him. Kinda.

quote:

If this guy is as wonderful as several comments on this web-site indicate he is, hire him back. AFTER the tenure is broken. LIFERS on the federal payroll are a major part of the swampy part of the swamp, no matter where they start out.

9 posted on 3/11/2017, 11:47:39 AM by Bernard (The Road To Hell Is Not Paved With Good Results)

Freeper thread readers:

quote:

If you want Admin Moderator to do something, you need to address you comment to him, rather than to yourself. Or just hit the “abuse” button on yourself.

11 posted on 3/11/2017, 11:49:10 AM by PapaBear3625 (Big government is attractive to those who think that THEY will be in control of it.)

quote:

To: McGavin999

So did I. Frankly, I am surprised by this move.

I thought it had been reported that Bhangra had visited Trump at TT after the election. If I recall correctly, the assumption was that he would stay in his job at SDNY.

22 posted on 3/11/2017, 11:52:26 AM by independentmind (In te Domine confido non confundar in aeternum)

quote:

To: NormsRevenge

Insubordination? Winning!!!

25 posted on 3/11/2017, 11:53:20 AM by hal ogen (First Amendment or Reeducation camp?)

quote:

If he was protecting Weiner and Hillary, good riddance.

Why would anyone not know that The Prez Donald has years of experience pointing his firing finger?

26 posted on 3/11/2017, 11:54:31 AM by Yaelle

:bahgawd: CLINTONS :bahgawd:

quote:

To: Meet the New Boss

Plus what has he done about the Clinton money laundering foundation? The Clintons are New York residents who CLEARLY CLEARLY CLEARLY were using a charity to enrich themselves through a pay to play scheme! The evidence is beyond overwhelming and this guy has been sitting on his hands about it.

27 posted on 3/11/2017, 11:55:04 AM by GrandJediMasterYoda (Hillary Clinton IS a felon)

Well, maybe not.

quote:

To: gwjack; Meet the New Boss

See post #8:

He prosecuted Dinesh D’Souza...

This guy is leftist/Obama/antiConstitutional agenda driven slimy slick hot mess.

36 posted on 3/11/2017, 12:01:05 PM by Syncro (Facts is facts)

But when they do like him, it's because he's going after Democrats. Makes sense that they'd support that idea, being the balls of hate that they are.

quote:

To: Drango

You clearly do not live in NY. Preet was on the cusp of nailing both DeBlasio and Cuomo for corruption. He is the epitome of what is needed in a US Attorney. Why the President went in this direction I cannot say but IMO it is absolutely the wrong direction.

37 posted on 3/11/2017, 12:03:02 PM by xkaydet65

quote:

I wonder if we found one of our leakers and whether he was part of the electronic surveillance at Trump Tower.

He should have just submitted his resignation, then request reappointment. It was quite possible that he would get another position.

Refusal was just a play act to another goal. Don’t let him in the office again.

40 posted on 3/11/2017, 12:06:26 PM by Fhios (Right now it looks like the condemned dragging his foot on the way to the gallows.)

Freeper Rome2000 is only upset with Sessions because...

quote:

So far Sessions hasn’t done anything other than screw the pooch.

Have no idea what he is doing, but locking up democrats he isn’t.

44 posted on 3/11/2017, 12:07:55 PM by Rome2000 (SMASH THE CPUSA-SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS-CLOSE ALL MOSQUES)

Welp.

quote:

Anyone associated even remotely with Obama should be fired. Further, anybody from India should be fired. There are plenty of good Americans who can take these jobs and enforce American laws. We don’t need the Indian mafia here filling American jobs with Indians.

45 posted on 3/11/2017, 12:08:41 PM by Reno89519 (Drain the Swamp is not party specific. Lyn' Ted is still a liar, Good riddance to him.)

quote:

The assumption was all would put their letters of resignation in and some would be accepted/rejected. When you’re “bigger” than the Donald, you get cut down to size. Lesson for lots of gubmint, “entitled” employees.

46 posted on 3/11/2017, 12:09:12 PM by Mean Daddy (Every time Hillary lies, a demon gets its wings. - Windflier)

The thread then derails for a while on whether or not he'll run for mayor.

Otherwise, reaction continues to be mixed.

quote:

To: xkaydet65

This guy was also a lead guy in the DOJ’s shakedown of mortgage banks which built up the DOJ’s huge slush fund which has been funding protest groups.

70 posted on 3/11/2017, 12:22:37 PM by Cementjungle

quote:

To: txhurl

Also clever. Let a Republican US Attorney take down Hillary and DeBlasio and nail their scalps to the wall. Preet gets to run for mayor as a “good government Democrat” and a martyr with the slogan, “I told you so.”

72 posted on 3/11/2017, 12:24:14 PM by Publius ("Who is John Galt?" by Billthedrill and Publius available at Amazon.)

OH THOSE POOR, POOR BANKS

quote:

To: xkaydet65

Banks in the 1990's were coerced into giving risky mortgages... or face discrimination suits from Congress. They did so, after much protest. Congress then allowed them to package subprime loans and resell them, assuring them that the Feds will back them.

Then, right on cue before the 2008 election, everyone decides there's not enough money to cover all those bad loans.

Then Obama comes along and sues the banks for doing what they were forced by the government to do.

85 posted on 3/11/2017, 12:31:05 PM by Cementjungle

It goes on for a while longer, but I'm stopping here.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

They want to recreate the Rites of Ba’al, where sex with children and babies is the same as with adults (radical egalitarism).

Y'know savagesusie, the last person I heard publicly advocate for having sex with children being the same as with adults sure as hell wasn't Marxist.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

There's definitely been a lot more infighting in the past couple of days. What I think is happening is that Trump’s support of the AHCA has shaken a lot of Freepers. They're used to having a consistent narrative but with this they're having everyone from Breitbart to JimRob that this is bad and must be stopped while Trump is them it's good and must be passed. Freepers are not used to dealing with this kind of mixed messaging and have no idea how to react and are taking it out on one another.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
How absolutely exquisite.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Unfortunately, I think these rumblings that Trump is going to push for a faster end to Medicaid will cause Freep to align behind him again. When it inevitably fails (either doesn't get added to the bill, or does and kills it in the Senate as a result) they'll say that Trump tried and blame the RINOs for its failure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

HappyHippo posted:

Unfortunately, I think these rumblings that Trump is going to push for a faster end to Medicaid will cause Freep to align behind him again. When it inevitably fails (either doesn't get added to the bill, or does and kills it in the Senate as a result) they'll say that Trump tried and blame the RINOs for its failure.

Which is good for us in the midterms, right? All things being equal, we want Republicans to hate their congressmen more than the President, at least until 2019, right?