Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Holy poo poo do games look so much better and feel so much smoother on a good monitor. Got a benq rl2455 console monitor for my birthday.

Everything is so much crisper and better than my old monitor or my tv.

Destiny looks great for 30fps. Battlefield and cod look amazing.

Welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Menstrual Show posted:

I actually save ghosts and leave them in the vault, just in case I get a hankering for a engrams that will turn into a perfectly rolled How Dare You

lmao i have a rifled/rangefinder/hot swap one of those and i should probably just delete it because why

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
My trials gameplay from this week.

After 16 wins i had a grand total of 2 sniper kills. Special ammo situation in trials is kinda poo poo but I'll take the good with the bad.

Seeing lots of teams sit back with ice breaker and no lands, which is really poo poo and boring.

Still the best trials map for lightning nades.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

My trials gameplay from this week.

After 16 wins i had a grand total of 2 sniper kills. Special ammo situation in trials is kinda poo poo but I'll take the good with the bad.

Seeing lots of teams sit back with ice breaker and no lands, which is really poo poo and boring.

Still the best trials map for lightning nades.

Aw man its asylum fuuuuck i love that map for trials.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I got drunk and cleared a ton of poo poo out of my vault and it feels incredible. Would recommend.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

FishBulb posted:

Trash everything you don't use you ridiculous hoarders

I was high speed low drag, tier 12 operator status and used all of it

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
no you weren't and no you didn't

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I cleaned out my vault and got 51 Exotic Shards to show for it. And I'll probably use none of them between now and D2.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
The reason my vault is always full because I have like three-four of the same gun, each with rolls that I like but can't decide on which one is best to keep.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I just want to know if the update is going to give me a use for my Court of Oryx runes or my hundreds of Black Wax Idols/Resupply Codes/Blue Polyphages

Also I have 3 characters, let me do something neat with my two Spark of Lights

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Roman posted:

I just want to know if the update is going to give me a use for my Court of Oryx runes or my hundreds of Black Wax Idols/Resupply Codes/Blue Polyphages

Also I have 3 characters, let me do something neat with my two Spark of Lights

Probably not.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Ularg posted:

The reason my vault is always full because I have like three-four of the same gun, each with rolls that I like but can't decide on which one is best to keep.

They're all garbage

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I have a viewsonic monitor that had the lowest lag on the displaylag site, but today half the other team was red barring so it didn't help me much there

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I was high speed low drag, tier 12 operator status and used all of it

*gazes at wall of trophies with 19-- and 20-- dates on them*

*rests beer can on gut*

"I would've gone pro if coach had just put me in for the last play..."

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Okay, I think I figured out what the Last Exit easter egg is. The following is some NAWLIDGE for you guys, not a tangible thing you can put in your inventory. The easter egg is what the reflections in the railcars at the bottom of the train platforms show in their windows.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the monitors, WHICH I HAVE NOW FOUND MORE OF. :v:

Before I get into monitors, though, I think we're getting a new Crucible map on Mars pretty soon here, based on these reflections.

Please understand that the following screenshots were taken while trying to steady myself at weird, sometimes aerial angles to try to get good shots on the reflections of the derelict and tipped-over subway cars in Last Exit.

What is depicted is not Last Exit; some of the Reflection's scenery LOOKS similar, but that's likely just due to architectural similarities. It looks like the Crucible map will be on Mars, there will be a SUPER COOL MURAL of spaceships, towers and guardians taking off in one of the subway tunnels on the maps, there's AT LEAST two special spawns, and you can see at least two different control cap points, denoted by the white ring on the ground around a flag standard:

Also, No Time To Explain is a apparently a' flashlight into the future and past. When you hold it up to the subway cars, the glow of the anomaly on its muzzle will illuminate the reflected images better.

You'll see an OWT logo here on a platform, with a special ammo spawn nearby on it.

Implications of a dark rail tunnel, looks like we're 'on' tracks now:

Other side of the tracks, mural over some railcars:

Next car. Looks like a platform with a cap point behind a pillar on the left:

Wrong color pallette for a reflection of Last Exit imo, also slightly different layout:

Other side of the car. Notice that it LOOKS like the escalator downstairs landing towards A on Last Exit, but the ceiling is much lower:

Prettier angle on that mural. Very City Age, look at the guardian silhouettes and the bright ships lifting off:

Tracks are way too clear and numerous to be Last Exit:

Also that poo poo says M-Line, not V-Line:

Cap point

special ammo spawn if I've ever seen one reflected cross-dimensionally before:

another cap point

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Mar 11, 2017

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
You've officially huffed too much glue if you think they're adding a new Crucible map.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You've officially huffed too much glue if you think they're adding a new Crucible map.

Man I picked the wrong week to stop huffing glue then

Just so I can check myself before I huff even more glue, has anyone else noticed these monitors in N/GEN branch in patrol behind this closed blue-outlined door?:

Its across from this Venus OWT terminal I'm sure everyone's noticed:

You can't go through the closed doors; you have to go AROUND by jumping WAY THE gently caress UP through a window that you can only see by turning around ON THE STAIRS GOING UP to the Venus Monitor/Blue Doorway room:

It takes you all the way to the Dig Site 5 control room, through the eNGiNeering branch:

Out into the Research & Engineering Atrium, where there's this huge OWT sign, a Mars M-Line sign, and this thing hanging in the middle that says "959A" on one side, and "9_9A" on the other. To find the monitors, you proceed into the Research/Laboratory area, "d."

In NGEN branch proper, there's two monitors that all show the "E" NGENeering branch logo in Clovis Bray font, and one outside in Ishtar Commons that's obscured by the angle you have to view it from:

Notice the yellow and green cubicle tags.

Ishtar commons, have to go in and then out of this "OBE" building to see it:

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Mar 11, 2017

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Wounded Unicorn posted:

Okay, I think I figured out what the Last Exit easter egg is. The following is some NAWLIDGE for you guys, not a tangible thing you can put in your inventory. The easter egg is what the reflections in the railcars at the bottom of the train platforms show in their windows.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the monitors, WHICH I HAVE NOW FOUND MORE OF. :v:

Before I get into monitors, though, I think we're getting a new Crucible map on Mars pretty soon here, based on these reflections.

Please understand that the following screenshots were taken while trying to steady myself at weird, sometimes aerial angles to try to get good shots on the reflections of the derelict and tipped-over subway cars in Last Exit.

What is depicted is not Last Exit; some of the Reflection's scenery LOOKS similar, but that's likely just due to architectural similarities. It looks like the Crucible map will be on Mars, there will be a SUPER COOL MURAL of spaceships, towers and guardians taking off in one of the subway tunnels on the maps, there's AT LEAST two special spawns, and you can see at least two different control cap points, denoted by the white ring on the ground around a flag standard:

Also, No Time To Explain is a apparently a' flashlight into the future and past. When you hold it up to the subway cars, the glow of the anomaly on its muzzle will illuminate the reflected images better.

You'll see an OWT logo here on a platform, with a special ammo spawn nearby on it.

Wrong color pallette for a reflection of Last Exit imo, also slightly different layout:

Other side of the car. Notice that it LOOKS like the escalator downstairs landing towards A on Last Exit, but the ceiling is much lower:

Prettier angle on that mural. Very City Age, look at the guardian silhouettes and the bright ships lifting off:

Cap point

another cap point

Who loving cares

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Who loving cares

Hey man, just block me if you don't like it:

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Mar 11, 2017

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Wounded Unicorn posted:

Just so I can check myself before I huff even more glue, has anyone else noticed these monitors in N/GEN branch in patrol behind this closed blue-outlined door?:

You can't go through the closed doors; you have to go AROUND by jumping WAY THE gently caress UP through a window that you can only see by turning around ON THE STAIRS GOING UP to the Venus Monitor/Blue Doorway room:

It takes you all the way to the Dig Site 5 control room, through the eNGiNeering branch:

Out into the Research & Engineering Atrium, where there's this huge OWT sign, a Mars M-Line sign, and this thing hanging in the middle that says "959A" on one side, and "9_9A" on the other. To find the monitors, you proceed into the Research/Laboratory area, "d."

In NGEN branch proper, there's two monitors that all show the "E" NGENeering branch logo in Clovis Bray font, and one outside in Ishtar Commons that's obscured by the angle you have to view it from:

This is really dumb not even Ularg spergs out this hard

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Wounded Unicorn posted:

solid Airplane! reference

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

The French(?) Titan with me in the pictures showed me how to get up into the window with little trouble himself.

I just can't find discussion of this anywhere else so :confused:

None of you are otherwise aware of any of this...?

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Mar 11, 2017

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I like the posts

AppleCobbler
Feb 8, 2003
remember that time I was just chilling out and definitely not having a massive meltdown? right guys? guys??? :laugh:

Wounded Unicorn posted:

Hey man, just block me if you don't like it:

Lmao reg date stunting? Gtfo

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

moist turtleneck posted:

This is really dumb not even Ularg spergs out this hard

Leave me out of this!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

AppleCobbler posted:

Lmao reg date stunting? Gtfo

You're welcome to block me as well, but I just helpfully highlighted my name so he wouldn't get lost on the way

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
What's your percent confidence that all this Last Exit crap means anything at all?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I am two nines confident that the Last Exit "Easter Egg" are the reflections in the train cars I posted above.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm at a disadvantage since I didn't read any of the posts.

"what do you think you've stumbled upon"? Hints of a new map? Secret content we unlock by using Strength on the truck?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Oh, hints of a new map. That's it. Nothing more.

The monitors stuff, that's something else. I have no idea, I just know that I keep finding more every day.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Honestly it looks like a reflection map of an earlier version of the map to me. Though it's interesting that you found it. Instead of real-time reflections they probably just use some preset texture/screenshot. Isn't there a reflection on the glass up and outside on that map, too?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Ularg posted:

Honestly it looks like a reflection map of an earlier version of the map to me. Though it's interesting that you found it. Instead of real-time reflections they probably just use some preset texture/screenshot. Isn't there a reflection on the glass up and outside on that map, too?

I disagree. The "old"/alternate version reflected in the glass appears fully baked, with trains, objects, and textures only otherwise found in Last exit, (in much worse states of repair, no less) and as a level it's even properly lit. Fully rendered out so someone could take a still image of it for this.

The amount of effort, polish, and finish involved in not JUST the pictured level, but ESPECIALLY the Wall of Guardians Mural tells me this might not just be some assets that got left behind.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Almost beat a team using wol bubbles and ice breakers. loving cunts. Oh and they were all using skorris

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

hey guy wat going on

https://twitter.com/1337_5CR4BBL3/status/840724109281624065

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I like the posts

I find them interesting but BOY HOWDY Wounded Unicorn never ever do hallucinogenics. Your head will explode when you realize the meaning of life is related to organizing your fridge.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Wounded Unicorn posted:

Cap point

another cap point

Congratulations, you've discovered cubemaps.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

xzzy posted:

Congratulations, you've discovered cubemaps.

poo poo is NEAT. I gotta say. Check out this analysis of its applications in GTA5. I'm told it's how Rockstar is able to do great FoV detail, and how they're able to do realtime reflections:

http://www.adriancourreges.com/blog/2015/11/02/gta-v-graphics-study/

Captain Log posted:

I find them interesting but BOY HOWDY Wounded Unicorn never ever do hallucinogenics. Your head will explode when you realize the meaning of life is related to organizing your fridge.

Whoo doggie. Morning glories once taught me that the best way to apply humanity's infinite capacity to conjure meaning from raw pattern is, "carefully."

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Mar 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Replenish and exhumed on a primary drop lol

• Locked thread