Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
In south florida 420 get hit by a geezer erry day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

lite_sleepr posted:

Pizza hut is legit good and you are dumb if you dislike stuffed crust

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

not caring here posted:

In South Florida 420 ride motorcycle erryday

yes but you live in florida, id rather be dead than in fl

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I maintain that south Florida is legit, but I have the same reaction to North Florida, which might as well be Georgia or Alabama as far as I'm concerned.

However,

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Is the loving truth.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Hello

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

lite_sleepr posted:

Pizza hut is legit good and you are dumb if you dislike stuffed crust

Pizza Hut is fine hot out of the oven, but is one of the worst leftover pizzas I've ever had.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

not caring here posted:

I maintain that south Florida is legit, but I have the same reaction to North Florida, which might as well be Georgia or Alabama as far as I'm concerned.

However,

Is the loving truth.

Edit: OH GOD NO. GENOCIDE TENDENCY MADE SOMEONE UPSET BECAUSE FLORIDA SUCKS

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Mar 11, 2017

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Being below West Palm and spending basically all my time below West Palm, that Spanish thing is blatantly untrue, and sounds kind of racist dude.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Edit: Never mind.

I'll just remove it so some crybaby gently caress doesn't keep bitching because I hurt his feelings about a poo poo hole state.

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Mar 11, 2017

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
No, I "cried racism" because you said some racist poo poo.

Don't be racist dude, it's a good rule for life.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

not caring here posted:

gently caress you.

ReverendCode
Nov 30, 2008
yeah, Florida is a cesspool, but it sucks because of a lack of culture. I would argue that the vibrant latin culture is one of the few redeeming qualities in the area.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Genocide Tendency posted:

Also go gently caress yourself for crying racism because someone who lives in Florida is willing to remind everyone that its a loving blight on the planet.

Because Spanish-speaking people live there? 🤔

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Well, okay? Say racist poo poo and get mad at people for calling you out on it?

That's obviously working out for you in life so keep up the good work.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Because Spanish-speaking people live there? 🤔

How mad does it make you not being a mod anymore and can't probate people for a month because you are a gigantic bitch?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
You've all been idiot bitches lately fighting over idiot bitch poo poo

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Genocide Tendency posted:

How mad does it make you not being a mod anymore and can't probate people for a month because you are a gigantic bitch?

:allears:

At least I'm not a racist.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Anyway, back to normal dad chat

Post your sunny day rides

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Blood for the blood god

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

not caring here posted:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

How much is co-signing going to gently caress my credit? I'm a financial newb, but have good credit. Never made a payment on a car or house etc. My score floats around 770+

Long story short, I'd be co-signing for my mom for a vehicle. I know, terrible idea don't do that even though she's family etc. There's more details but that's the gist of it. Looking at about a $20k vehicle.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
They do a hard pull of your credit report like they do with any loan.

If you can't pay for her monthly payments right now, or you won't be at any point before the car is paid off, don't do it.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Well, if you've never had an installment loan or a mortgage, and then your mom misses a payment, now you've got a history of not paying 100% of your installment loans on time.

If something were to go wrong, it could be a substantial hit. Especially if you're credit history is youngish.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

How much is co-signing going to gently caress my credit? I'm a financial newb, but have good credit. Never made a payment on a car or house etc. My score floats around 770+

Long story short, I'd be co-signing for my mom for a vehicle. I know, terrible idea don't do that even though she's family etc. There's more details but that's the gist of it. Looking at about a $20k vehicle.

Yeesh. Well consigning in of itself doesn't hurt your credit. If they make their payment on time and all that it can help your credit. If they don't...

I'm not going to pry but does your mom need a $20k car? Can she afford it? What's your/her gameplan if something happens (loses her job, etc.)

TBeats posted:

If you can't pay for her monthly payments right now, or you won't be at any point before the car is paid off, don't do it.

This is good advice.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

not caring here posted:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Oh poo poo that motto guzzi is rad as hell

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Oh ok I thought co-signing had a negative impact (assuming payments are made) aside from the credit pull

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, don't go loving your credit on that. If you must co-sign, steer her to a cheaper car, something like the guys above me said and keep it within your ability to pay if needed. And don't you dare let her buy a chrysler product.

You should never let family you care about buy one of those pieces of poo poo. Friends, yes, because we all need someone to laugh at, but never family.

Edit: I don't mean anything as a dig at your family. But my family has never hesitated to gently caress me over, so tread cautiously if she has a history of missing payments. It won't effect you negatively unless that becomes an issue. Oh, and keeping it insured.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 12, 2017

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Ahhh, I see you have been blessed/cursed with an italian moto.

I had a Ducati M620 years ago, and whilst mine was oddly reliable, it was... eccentric. Very eccentric.

And I nearly bought an 821 instead of my indian because I still have fond memories of that mental as poo poo 620.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Goddamn that Guzzi is a beauty of a bike.

If I had money I would love to get an old Italian or British bike, but :homebrew:

I had a late 70's Yamaha for a few years. I loved that stupid bike to death.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
The only cool Ducati guy I've ever known is in his third year of having his knees rebuilt after getting creamed by an idiot driver and medically retired. :(

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Honestly that Guzzi is my first road bike, and was the result of drunkenly submitting a financing request to the dealer and somehow being approved.

It's amazing and I fuckin love it. 2014 and only 4 miles on it when I picked it up. Northern IL winter meant it stayed in the garage for a while but I managed to ride it through most of November (including a sub-freezing trip to see Buddy Guy) and even got some mild days in February, so I didn't even have to winterize it.

I wanted a standard and I'm a glutton for punishment so a wacky shaft drive Italian bike sounded like a good idea, and surprisingly I wasn't wrong.

Motorcycles are seriously the best "frivolous" purchase.

Also, that Indian is fuckin dope; I'm not much of a cruiser guy but those new Indians get me all bubbly.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

not caring here posted:

So is not having opinions or worldviews.

Godholio posted:

The only cool Ducati guy I've ever known is in his third year of having his knees rebuilt after getting creamed by an idiot driver and medically retired. :(

During a morale building ultimate frisbee event the contracting squadron (autistic tryhards) brought a free agent from MSU. This guy was shirtless, wore the stupid vibram toe shoes, and took his ultimate frisbee *very* seriously. He was a tool shed but we all watched in amusement as he laid down his 999 in the lovely parking lot next to the field we were in.

Good times.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Mar 12, 2017

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, I am not really a cruiser guy either. But I took a ride on one and it just worked. It's about 200 pounds lighter than a sportster, and about a third more power, and revs like banshee up to 8800 rpm. So it's fast, but the main thing is that it's got torque for days and it's nimble. The footpegs have a few marks on the bottom now. All of that makes it so much fun to ride it's become my daily driver. My wife has so much fun on the back she now wants a scooter.

I've got a few gripes about it though. The front brakes is only a single disc. It hasn't been a problem but I'd just feel better with a double. The gearbox can tend to be a bit rough, but the gears inside have some serious meat so that's the tradeoff I guess. But the biggest thing is the 3.3 gallon tank. I'd really like something around the 5.something, but she always gets over 40mpg so I can't complain too much.

I'm 6 feet tall and got long legs and arms, so I had to get the extended reach seat, and I may ended up springing for the extended reach foot pegs.

I see yours and I lust after them. There isn't a moto guzzi dealer near me so I didn't get to ride one. I also toyed with the idea of a Ducati Scrambler but the test ride on the Indian was just too much fun, and they gave me a screamer of a deal because it was 3 days before the end of the year. I don't know what it is with these old school looking bikes, it must be the :member: berries or something.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

The supply chief on my boat had a Ducati. A Monster, I think. He bought it fresh out of the crate and had it a few years. One of the junior enlisted guys bought it from him... you know where this is going. Fucker laid it down the first day he had it.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Honestly if I were in the market for a daily round town bike, I'm pretty sure I would get an Aprillia Mana. No good reason, except they are fairly comfortable, they don't really do anything another bike can't do better, but I like them.
I like the theory of a Ducati, but I don't know if I would like owning one.
I would like a Kawasaki dual sport, but my secret most lusted for bike is a Yamaha TW200

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Professor Bling posted:

Honestly that Guzzi is my first road bike, and was the result of drunkenly submitting a financing request to the dealer and somehow being approved.

It's amazing and I fuckin love it. 2014 and only 4 miles on it when I picked it up. Northern IL winter meant it stayed in the garage for a while but I managed to ride it through most of November (including a sub-freezing trip to see Buddy Guy) and even got some mild days in February, so I didn't even have to winterize it.

I wanted a standard and I'm a glutton for punishment so a wacky shaft drive Italian bike sounded like a good idea, and surprisingly I wasn't wrong.

Motorcycles are seriously the best "frivolous" purchase.

Also, that Indian is fuckin dope; I'm not much of a cruiser guy but those new Indians get me all bubbly.

Buddy Guy is loving dope.

Got to see him and the Foo Fighters at RFK last year as part of the Foos 20th anniversary, first time I've seen either after both acts being in my top 5. Great loving day. Also turned me on to Gary Clark Jr, which was awesome.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Also latest NAM12km model run for northeast :)

[This will depend on track of coastal low, but there are features in place that mimic the storm that dumped 30" here in the Harrisburg region last year]

e: tropicaltidbits is awesome btw. Great aggregator for all of the main model runs. Most universities with a Meteo department have a similar setup if you google their forecasting wall. PSU obviously comes to mind, as Accuweather is based in State College.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Mar 12, 2017

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Now that I posted my German motorcycle, please someone do the needful and post their japanese motorcycle for the trifecta. tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Buddy Guy is loving dope.

Got to see him and the Foo Fighters at RFK last year as part of the Foos 20th anniversary, first time I've seen either after both acts being in my top 5. Great loving day. Also turned me on to Gary Clark Jr, which was awesome.

Spotify suggested Gary Clark Jr to me after I binged a bunch of Buddy Guy, but when I saw Guy live he had Johnny Lang open for him, and that white boy does a mean fuckin rendition of Lie To Me that started off acoustic before the entire band walked back out and joined in.

I swear, that whole concert was as close as I'll probably ever get to a religious experience.

Edit: ^^^^ my roommate rocks a Subaru project car and I've got the Mazda in my avatar, so I've been pushing him to buy a BMW bike so we can have the Axis powers in the garage

• Locked thread