Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

that's a trash backsquat.

Lets see you squat 500lbs, front or back :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Crotch Bat posted:

How would you like that situation to have been handled exactly?

Shoulda shot him obviously.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Probably didn't have to tackle him into a concrete wall, he wasn't going that fast

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

KKKLIP ART posted:

Lets see you squat 500lbs, front or back :colbert:

A good 442

https://youtu.be/uUai5qcjeIc

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

NCAA Offseason: post yr gainz

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

It's a pretty pedestrian number for someone who's an elite D-1 athlete but I'm guessing stuff like his 40 time and vertical jump is a lot more impressive.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
When do we get to see your high school football film

Anything we can do to help you relive the dream

To be fair to Nick, the article says nothing about that being his best rep and he was working out with high school students.

vikingstrike fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Mar 11, 2017

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

*squats a 1/2 pound burrito*
Yeah 500lbs no big deal right guys, not impressive

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

KKKLIP ART posted:

500 lbs is not a ton for a 230lb D-1 athlete you baby.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

that's not even a real squat. he only goes halfway down and has a safety bar.

the 335 power clean double is pretty though.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
regardless of whether or not it was a lot hearing a bunch of goons critique a D1 athlete's weightlifting is pretty funny

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

regardless of whether or not it was a lot hearing a bunch of goons critique a D1 athlete's weightlifting is pretty funny

I've got friends that can squat 500 and I drat sure make fun of those assholes all the time. But the critique is actually of people who are so out of touch with physical activity that they think that a 500 pound squat for a top tier college football player is super impressive.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Instead of chasing tail on spring break? I do.

Also people can be into physical activity and not weight lifting.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
A star RB at a football school chases tail like we chase down a pizza.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

KKKLIP ART posted:

he didn't squat 500 pounds

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
What was the game last year that happened in the hurricane?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Waroduce posted:

NC State/Notre Dame

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

NC State/Notre Dame

Or really any game that happened in NC that day

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

NC State/Notre Dame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JOynLpcfmk

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Waroduce posted:

Virginia Tech @ UNC too

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
My girlfriend has bridal poo poo to do for her friend tonight I am going to watch some college footballs starting with that game.

What were other great games this year. I'm good with amazing defensive games like lsu Bama or crazy bullshit pac shootouts. Anything entertaining

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Waroduce posted:

My girlfriend has bridal poo poo to do for her friend tonight I am going to watch some college footballs starting with that game.

What were other great games this year. I'm good with amazing defensive games like lsu Bama or crazy bullshit pac shootouts. Anything entertaining

The one that Alabama lost

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Waroduce posted:

The Rose Bowl and Michigan-Ohio State

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Waroduce posted:

LSU Alabama is trash

Texas Notre Dame was cool. FSU Ole Miss was cool, so was FSU Michigan. Tennessee App State was almost really awesome

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Waroduce posted:

The Famous Idaho Potato bowl. But only if you want to see absurd levels of scoring.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Alabama Tennessee was the best game

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Waroduce posted:

Scrappy underdog Texas beats Top 10 powerhouse Notre Dame for the greatest upset of the year.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Waroduce posted:

Michigan/FSU was insane.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Frinkahedron posted:

Virginia Tech @ UNC too

Which UNC fans referenced nearly the entire rest of the season until it was clear VT was better in or out of a hurricane.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

PostNouveau posted:

Scrappy underdog Texas beats Top 10 powerhouse Notre Dame for the greatest upset of the year.

Both teams ended up sucking but this was genuinely an awesome game to watch.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Waroduce posted:

As much as it pains me to say this: UGA vs. Tennessee

E:

Strobe posted:

Both teams ended up sucking but this was genuinely an awesome game to watch.

Texas vs. Notre Dame is also a really, really great answer

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Crotch Bat posted:

Which UNC fans referenced nearly the entire rest of the season until it was clear VT was better in or out of a hurricane.

They could beat georgia tech.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

FizFashizzle posted:

And they beat us with our starting quarterback and center, too. Beating VT with three freshmen on the o-line while running two plays was one of the highlights of the season for me.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Rose Bowl ruled

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

tactlessbastard posted:

I love the excessive violence. A guy could get killed or brain damaged getting slammed against a wall like that.

Cops can't enter VATS to target a suspect in slow motion, nor is it necessarily wise for an officer to be gentle with an uncooperative drunk. Ugly hit, though.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hot take: gently caress rutgers

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
GT UGA was one of my favorites.

I recall Oklahoma Houston being a good one to start the season?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

But not Duke or NCSU.

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy

Waroduce posted:

Arkansas @ TCU was fairly entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Watching Ohio state get dumpstered by Clemson was a good game

• Locked thread