Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Hey guys what if the wall master deletes your saves hurf durf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I'd like to start out by saying that I have a genius level IQ (200+).

This game is MASSIVELY OVERRATED! It's easy, the story is recycled garbage, the art style makes me want to puke and it's just way too easy. Nintendo have done what they always do, make games with crap graphics and cashing in on nostalgia.

This game has NO HD RUMBLE, NO STEREOSCOPIC 3D and ISN'T 4K 144FPS. AWFUL. I could barely tell what was going on with this game's pathetic framerate. It's like watching a slideshow.

The dungeons are easy, the world is pretty much empty and the graphics are awful.

Nintendo needs to stop cashing in on nostalgia, make a good game (at least one that runs at 4K 144FPS) and stop paying for these artificial 10/10 ratings. It's pretty obvious Nintendo, stop it.

I have returned my copy and Nintendo switch.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

I want there to be a post-game souls-style soapstone message system.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Anyone think we'll see any kind of gameplay patch at all? Maybe fix the durability BS or atrocious cooking system

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Anyone think we'll see any kind of gameplay patch at all? Maybe fix the durability BS or atrocious cooking system

What durability BS?

Also probably not on cooking. It seems fine to me?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
What is wrong with either of those things?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zore posted:

What durability BS?

Sounds like someone's sore about losing their favourite weapon. The only thing I'd expect to see patched is the apparent Blood Moon bugs.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

As long as they also patch how incredibly empty the world is and the random enemy damage :argh:

is it getting old

e: speaking of patching, I'm surprised that I've spent so much time playing the game without encountering a single bug. I'm so used to thinking "eh, in a complex game like this there's bound to be bugs" when it comes to open world games, but this game is pretty darn solid. :3:

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Mar 12, 2017

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
the stealth yiga part sucks massive loving donkey balls and the game should've gotten 0.2 less just because of it. and im a nintendo fanboy.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Cojawfee posted:

What is wrong with either of those things?

Food balance is all out of whack I guess. It's far too easy to make full recovery + bonus heart meals, which rendered everything else obsolete.

e: Not exactly a game-killer, though.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Kawabata posted:

the stealth yiga part sucks massive loving donkey balls and the game should've gotten 0.2 less just because of it. and im a nintendo fanboy.

have you tried just murdering them.

Alternatively, did yoy use bananas

Honestly my guess for the hardmode DLC:

Food cooldown timer
1/2 the recovery from ingredients
Double all special power cooldowns
No fairies

That would make the game significantly harder even if everything else was untouched.

Zore fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Mar 12, 2017

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Zore posted:

have you tried just murdering them.

Alternatively, did yoy use bananas

yeah unfortunately the section is still loving poo poo cause nintendo doesnt know how to do stealth

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I just climbed the Central Tower while avoiding being shot at! Woo! It only took me a million tries.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Kawabata posted:

BANANAS

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Kawabata posted:

yeah unfortunately the section is still loving poo poo cause nintendo doesnt know how to do stealth

just use the sheikah stealth clothes from kakariko, you can walk right up behind the guys with all the pieces on

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Zore posted:

What durability BS?

For cooking I mean just being able to click ingredients and cook and not have to hold and drop everything etc. It's a small inconvenience but pretty drat annoying

I think the melee weapon durability is stupid low but guess I'm alone in these sentiments ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

For cooking I mean just being able to click ingredients and cook and not have to hold and drop everything etc. It's a small inconvenience but pretty drat annoying

I think the melee weapon durability is stupid low but guess I'm alone in these sentiments ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Better weapons last longer, and for every weapon you lose you're generally picking up three or four.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Sidon this, Sidon that. I say, where are all the Revali fans huh

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I think one thing people forget to mention about the weapon durability system is that every single enemy you fight drops their weapon. That's a big pretty big deal and makes the weapon durability work :v:

Find weapon, use it, throw it in a monster's face, pick up their weapon and kill their friend with it. The stronger and fancier weapons (like the elemental ones) last longer too, so you'll have plenty of time to pick up a bunch of more weapons before they break. I know it sucks when your sicknasty Edge of Duality breaks, but it's not like you have nothing to replace it with.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Sidon this, Sidon that. I say, where are all the Revali fans huh

Revali hardly shows up and his section is regrettably hardly there at all compared to the other three Divine Beasts. He's okay I guess for being basically Falco.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Just leave a weapon slot open. When you find a formidable enemy, use one of your weapons until you get their weapon. Use their weapons until they break. If you find an easy enemy, you can kill a bunch of them before one of your weapons breaks. The durability sucks at the beginning of the game but is fine once you've gotten a few hours in.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Man, the dungeons become comically easy if you spend a bunch of time gearing up/upgrading/getting hearts and stamina/master sword before you do them.

I've beaten 2 of the dungeons now and one of them I only lost a quarter of a heart

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Kawabata posted:

I was a little salty about it because I kept getting caught trying to kill those last three dudes in the second room, then just banana'd the one in front of the second door instead and that was that.

It wouldn't have been nearly so infuriating if they either voided you back to the start of the room, or let you actually kill the dudes in a fight if you hosed up, but the combo of "no save" + "you can fight and kill them but eventually someone's probably going to just one shot you through 30 hearts, 6 faeries and Grace if you miss a dodge" was such an amazing inversion of the rest of the game's "gameplay that's tough but fair" that it was surprising.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Cojawfee posted:

Just leave a weapon slot open. When you find a formidable enemy, use one of your weapons until you get their weapon. Use their weapons until they break. If you find an easy enemy, you can kill a bunch of them before one of your weapons breaks. The durability sucks at the beginning of the game but is fine once you've gotten a few hours in.

Yeah the durability only really "matters" until you have more weapon slots to be honest.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Autonomous Monster posted:

Same problem. Wallmasters- N64 wallmasters, at any rate- are pretty scary in the way they move and the way they look, but they're a lot scary because of what they do- knock you all the way back to the beginning of the dungeon. You see that little shadow and it frightens you in a way nothing else does because it can gently caress you up in a way nothing else does. But it's not a sort of harm that makes any sense in this game.

You spend half the game climbing walls. The scary thing would be them knocking you off or squeezing out your stamina. I'm envisioning them actually coming out of walls like the original Zelda instead of dropping from the sky.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
you can use Stasis+ to set up for stealth kills, especially in conjunction with the Sheikah set.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Zore posted:

Food cooldown timer
1/2 the recovery from ingredients
Double all special power cooldowns
No fairies

That would make the game significantly harder even if everything else was untouched.

Is this really fun to people. Lol @ it being "DLC"

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

TFRazorsaw posted:

does anyone else wonder how Hyrule even knows what an elephant looks like?

Or a camel for that matter?

There are rhinoceroses in Hebra and ostriches in Eldin. Maybe there are elephants and camels just over the edges of the map.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

And cook multiples of something at once.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

Where do I find a Goron with son in his name

In an area south of Goron city called south mines or something. It's the one place I needed a spoiler for

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I dunno if this has been brought but because I'm not reading most of the thread out of fear:

If you kill blue Chuchus with an elemental weapon, the jelly they give will be of that type UNLESS it is raining. Then they stay blue.

I went to Gerudo for my third beast and it is clear that you're supposed to go Zora - Goron - Rito - Geurdo. I say this because of how the armor upgrades with material from the previous zone.

Speaking of, I just go the third fairy fountain and am I correct in assuming that set bonuses do not increase? I've only done the sneaking suit so far and it didn't give any indication that it was somehow improved.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

electric chu chus and a thunderstorm during a brawl on eventide sure made me dead PRETTY QUICK

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Ishto Soh Shrine - Bravery's Grasp: So I solved this by placing two bombs on opposite corners of the crystal switch, getting as far up into the staircase as that would get me, and then using octo balloons to get more bombs over the wall to keep blasting the switch. I knew in my heart of hearts that was not the intended solution but I didn't care. I beat it. So I decided to look up what the intended solution was. YOU CAN loving PICK UP THE LASER, ARE YOU SERIOUS, WHAT THE HELL. :doh:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Eventide Island is not a joke. Jesus. I'll come back to that and the shrine in the ocean, uh, later.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Inzombiac posted:

I dunno if this has been brought but because I'm not reading most of the thread out of fear:

If you kill blue Chuchus with an elemental weapon, the jelly they give will be of that type UNLESS it is raining. Then they stay blue.

I went to Gerudo for my third beast and it is clear that you're supposed to go Zora - Goron - Rito - Geurdo. I say this because of how the armor upgrades with material from the previous zone.

Speaking of, I just go the third fairy fountain and am I correct in assuming that set bonuses do not increase? I've only done the sneaking suit so far and it didn't give any indication that it was somehow improved.

Set bonuses are fixed, yes. Also the "best" order is Rito/Zora - Gerudo - Goron, because the last two face some real challenges just getting to the local cities.

Bogart posted:

Eventide Island is not a joke. Jesus. I'll come back to that and the shrine in the ocean, uh, later.

You can reach that shrine from the same clifftop you used to reach Eventide.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Does the painter dude show up anywhere to give a hint for the bottom right album picture, the one in a forest? I can't find him.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I did Gerudo first and it was pretty drat hard. No regrets though, cause it has the best fashion. Plus now I can be lightning proof whenever I want.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Does the painter dude show up anywhere to give a hint for the bottom right album picture, the one in a forest? I can't find him.

He shows up at a stable on the eastern side of central Hyrule. Just follow the roads around until you find him.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of lightning, the playthrough I'm watching is at the trail up to Zora's Domain now and... drat, it seems pretty brutal. The cutscenes with Sidon are adorable, but I'm kinda glad I just skipped that section :v:
annoys me to heck that Vinny has played for so many hours and still doesn't understand that crouching doesn't make him invisible though. Stop trying to sneak in plain sight!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I can tell you where that actually is; it's just to the West of the words "Hylia River" on your map, south of the Wetland Stable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

You know after beating Ganon I thought I wouldn't enjoy playing anymore but unlike OOT there's so much poo poo to do, the 18% completion rate just made me want to play even more.

Also the Twilight bow is legit fun to use, glad I save scum med my Zelda amiibo for it.