Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Grittybeard posted:

The Chiefs extended 3rd safety/guy with a nickname Daniel Sorensen.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/840548503352967169

Not that they were really in it but this ought to put them out of the safety market for the next couple of years with Berry and Ron Parker locked up.

I love it. Parker and Sorenson are really solid safeties that make tons of impact plays. Eric Berry ain't bad either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Browns trying to get a 3rd round pick for Brock. Smoking that good poo poo in berea.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
If the Browns get out from under any amount of Brock's salary and get any pick for him their new front office can officially be called good

Intruder fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Mar 11, 2017

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

The Chiefs extended 3rd safety/guy with a nickname Daniel Sorensen.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/840548503352967169

Not that they were really in it but this ought to put them out of the safety market for the next couple of years with Berry and Ron Parker locked up.
Sorensen is a one trick pony on Defense and is more of a ST guy. Don't hate that they kept him, but Dorsey overpaid.

Too much overpaying is why they are in this poo poo cap situation today.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

If the Browns get out from under any amount of Brock's salary and get any pick for him their new front office can officially be called good

I think considering they can convert his salary to SB and the trade him as a solid backup QB making nothing, then yeah he has value.

That's like, a 5th at most though. Backup QB's aren't exactly valuetown. Like, as a free agent, Brock would get probably... $5-7m a year right now

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
even with some cap room it appears the steelers are just going to sit free agency out this year

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I'm kinda surprised the Steelers let Markus Wheaton walk - he's pretty good when healthy. But then it seems like they always pull a solid WR out of the middle rounds so *shrug*.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Durandal1707 posted:

I'm kinda surprised the Steelers let Markus Wheaton walk - he's pretty good when healthy. But then it seems like they always pull a solid WR out of the middle rounds so *shrug*.

Didn't he just miss a year because of Ganga?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I'm surprised the panthers didn't make a move on Wheaton.

I guess Charles Johnson was just an afterthought.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Durandal1707 posted:

he's pretty good but he also missed almost all of last year and there are younger guys on the roster that fill the same role as him so he was expendable

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Flikken posted:

Didn't he just miss a year because of Ganga?

That was Martavius Bryant, I believe.

Roasted Donut posted:

he's pretty good but he also missed almost all of last year and there are younger guys on the roster that fill the same role as him so he was expendable

Ah, that makes sense.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Saints gave back a 4 which is pretty high for a 4, so they got like 9 spots value so I'm confused why the Saints turned down #18? That had to be bullshit

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Roasted Donut posted:

quote:

After leaving the Bears, Muhammad told Sports Illustrated Chicago is "where wide receivers go to die."

:rip:

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
WR Kendall Wright signs a 1 year deal with Chicago for 4m.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Demon Of The Fall posted:

WR Kendall Wright signs a 1 year deal with Chicago for 4m.

That seems like a terrible deal for him on multiple levels, wow.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Intruder posted:

Basically it all depends on if they can actually pick any good players with all their draft picks. They did the part where they purged veterans and got tons of picks and cap space in 2016, now in 2017 we'll see if they can actually do the re-building part of "tear it down and re-build."

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

R.D. Mangles posted:

After leaving the Bears, Muhammad told Sports Illustrated Chicago is "where wide receivers go to die."
:rip:
Can confirm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7uLb6GdCi0

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

sean10mm posted:

That seems like a terrible deal for him on multiple levels, wow.

gonna get those stats up when neck osweiler is tossing balls 3 yards in front of him

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
if chicago allows him to freelance he will be amazing for them

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Happy we got Kendricks, I thought he looked good on the Rams, they just didn't use him much.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Is there something about next year's free agency that's causing all these one year deals? Like is it super weak or something

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Worst injury I've ever seen.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Blitz7x posted:

Is there something about next year's free agency that's causing all these one year deals? Like is it super weak or something

Players realize they realistically only have one shot at a giant contract, so, if you're not getting those offers for whatever reason, and they're under like 28, instead take that 1 year $8m deal instead of a 3 year $24m, to try and get another contract year and turn that around into a 3 year $34m next year due to longer top production + increased salary cap.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Durandal1707 posted:

He's really not. He had 2 good games in his 4 year tenure (NE and Seattle both in 2015), and was otherwise injured or invisible. Maybe he'll end up like Emmanuel Sanders who had a similar tenure in Pgh, but he's thus far unrealized potential

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/840702976662593536

In related news, that really hot girl you met last night will tell you tomorrow whether she'll see you again

Don't call her, she'll call you

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I remember badly wanting Kendall Wright and the Titans snagged him and the Texans got Whitney Mercilus instead

Heh, I'm clearly no GM

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

shirts and skins posted:

https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/840702976662593536

In related news, that really hot girl you met last night will tell you tomorrow whether she'll see you again

Don't call her, she'll call you

The smart money is on him going to the Lions right?

I mean I'd love for him to stay in GB, but we've got more pressing needs to fill if other teams are willing to drop a huge payday.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Texans re-signed Ryan Griffin 3/9 with 3.2 guaranteed

Two reactions: one, I'm shocked they retained him for so little. Two, I'm shocked they bothered at all with how deep this TE draft is and how CJF emerged

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Mike Garafolo& #8207;Verified account @MikeGarafolo
OT DJ Fluker agrees to a one-year deal with the Giants, source says. Former 11th overall pick gets a chance to reset his career.

He'll either play RT or RG for the Giants. He's not great by any means, but in order to qualify as an improvement all he needs to do is clear a John Jerry or Marshall Newhouse sized bar.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

sorry to the giants for being bamboozled into signing a fake, non-existent football player, that's probably just the name of some guy's friend

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Abugadu posted:

Happy we got Kendricks, I thought he looked good on the Rams, they just didn't use him much.

Just don't remember expect to block and he has mental lapses and just drops everything for like 3 weeks. He is truly the poor mans Jared Cook.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

sorry to the giants for being bamboozled into signing a fake, non-existent football player, that's probably just the name of some guy's friend

I had forgotten about that with Francesa, him having to own up to it now would be hilarious.

But instead he'll just continue to pretend like there was a bad connection and he couldn't hear the guy and he'll get a free pass for falling asleep on the air while becoming more and more senile.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

defaultluser posted:

I like all the raven's pickups so far, even Woodhead.

Flacco can't keep drives alive without a good dump-off back, for when the defense is tight downfield. We've sucked in that regard since we ditched Ray Rice.

Woodhead is no Rice, but he had more receiving yards in the last full year he played than BOTH Dixon and West did last year. Rice, Jr?
Rice Jr? C'mon son - White Rice!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kalli posted:

Patriots sign DE/DT Lawrence Guy from the Ravens, 4 years $20m

poo poo, he's a really solid rotational linemen. So yay for the Pats :(

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://mobile.twitter.com/PartyFowlNash/status/840594204136996864

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Hightower - Doubtful (terror shits)

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

God dammit you stay the hell away from him

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Since I'm hearing rumors he's going to re-sign with the Patriots, I'm going to get what would be my FA hot take out now re-Hightower.

He should get as much money as possible, because for as good as he is, he's been injured a bunch, and we saw what happened to poor Jerod Mayo after a few years of injuries.

He's won two superbowls with great defensive plays, dude deserves whatever he gets.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

He's signing with the Argonauts.

I would love this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/TJLang70/status/840749931824529408

https://twitter.com/TJLang70/status/840750091547824128