Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Just put my amFilm on and I really got to say it's a good screen protector. Went on easy and it turned out pretty flawless. Looks great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

zenintrude posted:

Voez is really great and any anyone who likes music/rhythm games would be silly not to pick it up.

Lmao yeah, ok... one second pal. Lemme just stop playing Zelda... NOT!

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I haven't played Shovel Knight since it rereleased on my Wii U. Do I have access to Plague Knight and the newest expansion for free?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

This whole console is really loving cool. It's very obviously what Nintendo wanted to do with the Wii U but couldn't. Only complaint is that the - and + buttons are a little hard to press, and it's hard to not press buttons and gently caress things up while pulling the Joycons out of their rails.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Wildtortilla posted:

I haven't played Shovel Knight since it rereleased on my Wii U. Do I have access to Plague Knight and the newest expansion for free?

Yup.

edit: Actually, not the new one till April, since it's a timed Switch exclusive.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Mar 12, 2017

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

This whole console is really loving cool. It's very obviously what Nintendo wanted to do with the Wii U but couldn't. Only complaint is that the - and + buttons are a little hard to press, and it's hard to not press buttons and gently caress things up while pulling the Joycons out of their rails.
Yeah the next Nintendo system is going to be a large battery gaming iPad with a myriad of comfortable wireless i/o devices.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I drove to the stores today. No Switch consoles at Target or Best Buy. The Nintendo sections looked like the bread aisle at a grocery store before a snowstorm. If this were Christmas shopping season I would be less surprised, but this is March.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Does anyone have a problem with the B button either not working or thinking it's aways pressed? In Zelda, there are time where Link will run until the stamina goes away and then if I press the + symbol, I can't exit the menu. I'm thinking there's a flaw with the Joy Con but if there's a fix short of actually buying a whole new set, I'll do that.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

After owning and liking the wiiu. Its nice that nintendo is selling well again. With mario in the chamber for holiday season, things are looking well. Hopefully it continues.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Teenage Fansub posted:

Yup.

edit: Actually, not the new one till April, since it's a timed Switch exclusive.

Follow up to this, I bought Shovel Knight for the 3DS when it first came out, do I also get it "free" on the Switch?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

LODGE NORTH posted:

Does anyone have a problem with the B button either not working or thinking it's aways pressed? In Zelda, there are time where Link will run until the stamina goes away and then if I press the + symbol, I can't exit the menu. I'm thinking there's a flaw with the Joy Con but if there's a fix short of actually buying a whole new set, I'll do that.

First I've heard of this one, might be worth it to get into contact with Nintendo's customer support.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Another shortcoming of the Switch's hardware has been found

it involves butts

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Mar 12, 2017

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Another shortcoming of the Switch's hardware has been found

it involves butts

Well, there goes my plans for the night.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Louisgod posted:

Follow up to this, I bought Shovel Knight for the 3DS when it first came out, do I also get it "free" on the Switch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

There's definitely going to be a game drought through next month. Until Mario Kart 8.

Weather the storm goons. It will be worth the wait so hard.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

ChocNitty posted:

There's definitely going to be a game drought through next month. Until Mario Kart 8.

poo poo I might be done with Zelda by then

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LethalGeek posted:

poo poo I might be done with Zelda by then

Lol

I can see "beating" it and making the credits roll, but done?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I created my Japanese Eshop account and downloaded the Puyo Puyo Tetris demo. Why isn't this a launch title? Some of us want to do something other than play Zelda.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

ChocNitty posted:

Lol, yo, I'm playing Zelda and I am Setsuna. now, got Dishonored 2 and Nier Automata on deck, going to pick up Mass Effect, Horizon Zero Dawn and Persona 5 in the coming weeks.

What drought? I'm drowning over here.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

FireMrshlBill posted:

I am also kinda mad that you cant use single joycons to play Blaster Master, maybe when they do the Pro Controller support?

I think I read somewhere earlier in this thread that you can do this if you connect the Joy-Cons as single controllers instead of a pair in the home menu, there's just not an in game option for it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dehry posted:

I created my Japanese Eshop account and downloaded the Puyo Puyo Tetris demo. Why isn't this a launch title? Some of us want to do something other than play Zelda.

Localisation takes time

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Infinitum posted:

Localisation takes time

They could probably localize what's in that game in a long weekend

What's more likely is this is part of what Reggie meant when he said they would have consistent big releases throughout the Switch's lifetime rather than dumping all the games out at holidays and having huge gaps in the release schedule

They're drip feeding games out on purpose so you have a big-ish game to look forward to every month

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Louisgod posted:

Of course not!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I splurged and got a Guardian amiibo at Target today. It's rad, I think I am going to have to track down the rest of the line.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Green custom Joycons

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

I want this

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/PotooBrigham/status/840279758743076864

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

The best switch case by far is the special edition Zelda one and I'm glad I bought it on Tuesday at my local Walmart. Has enough room for 12 games, earbuds and the strap grips, and the console. Only shame is you'll need to carry the grip in your bag. It's also really sturdy, has a nice metal zipper grip, and is entirely rubber she'll isn't painted but molded so it doesn't wear poorly.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm going to be a huge sucker and buy the inevitable NES themed Joycons.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I think I read somewhere earlier in this thread that you can do this if you connect the Joy-Cons as single controllers instead of a pair in the home menu, there's just not an in game option for it.

I think that is how I had it set up, but will try it again. I hate how it doesn't remember control configurations after coming out of sleep. If you are using a single joycon while playing Fast RMX, don't put the console to sleep (or pause so long that it goes to sleep), because controls are hosed up at that point and it recognizes joycons in vertical mode. So if you have the left one, then you have to go fetch the right joycon to use the home screen button and reorient them.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I splurged and got a Guardian amiibo at Target today. It's rad, I think I am going to have to track down the rest of the line.

The horse rider is kind of bad looking due to no face and bokogoblin is meh looking too, but Zelda and Archer Link are nice figures.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

The Puyo Puyo Tetris game the US is getting came out in like 2014. The one on the Japanese eShop is "Puyo Puyo Tetris S" and I guess has new stuff. The 2014 one certainly could've been a launch title, but eh, I'll live with the demo for a month.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Hace posted:

I want this

Not translucent enough for my purple controller preferences, needs that atomic treatment. Still awesome!

Tons of grey joycons everywhere and can't find a neon set... and this happens to a neon set? Looks good though

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Mar 12, 2017

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'm going to be a huge sucker and buy the inevitable SNES themed Joycons.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Also, if anyone still needs a Pro Controller, PM me as I still have an extra from my backup preorder. Just looking to get what I paid for it after shipping/PayPal, unless you are in the VA/MD/DC area.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

hell yeah amazon is still giving 25 bucks for tradeins of the wii u MK8, that'll make the upgrade to the switch version pretty cheap

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Hace posted:

I want this

Same, but the instant I think "I could do that" I follow that thought with "even if you get them disassembled, painted to look that nice and reassembled, the tactile feel of them spray painted is probably going to be poo poo and you're going to end up buying another pair for normal use anyways".

Re: MicroSD cards, is there a good brand to aim for? A quick amazon search shows prices ranging from "I can deal with that, I guess" to "Way too good to be true", and it's been awhile since I've needed to hunt down SD card reviews.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

deadwing posted:

hell yeah amazon is still giving 25 bucks for tradeins of the wii u MK8, that'll make the upgrade to the switch version pretty cheap

drat that is tempting... If I traded in that would mean I only paid $24 ($36 w/ DLC) for the game, plus got a free copy of Pikmin 3

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Same, but the instant I think "I could do that" I follow that thought with "even if you get them disassembled, painted to look that nice and reassembled, the tactile feel of them spray painted is probably going to be poo poo and you're going to end up buying another pair for normal use anyways".

Re: MicroSD cards, is there a good brand to aim for? A quick amazon search shows prices ranging from "I can deal with that, I guess" to "Way too good to be true", and it's been awhile since I've needed to hunt down SD card reviews.

Can't you Semi in a polyurethane finish?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

deadwing posted:

I was about to be excited, but then I remembered that I downloaded the game. :(

• Locked thread