Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Starshark posted:

If you leftie fuckwit betacucks didn't keep calling Hanson racist all the time, you wouldn't have gotten the massive victory she's enjoying today. Protesting just gives her more oxygen - keep it up! Bad day to be a leftist.

please dont post scrunty petes facebook here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
The Greens preferenced Daylight Savings Party ahead of a lot of other parties, including Labor, but it would be interesting to see a government buy a vote by introducing Daylight Savings, something WA emphatically voted against multiple times.

There's also the possibility they'll negotiate legislation with the Nationals is exchange for a mining tax. Because the WA Nationals well and truly hate the WA Liberals now and would probably jump at any opportunity to both stab them in the face and also see their mining tax become a reality, then they can turn around next election and say to their electorates 'See, even when Labor's in government, the Nationals get things done for regional West Aussies'.

The future looks to be an interesting time.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
It'd be interesting to see a modern, progressive Labor govt working with the Nats and Greens to deliver consensus-based policies that account for the needs of both urban and regional citizens.

2017 sure is weird.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

I don't think the WA Nationals will actually do something that will genuinely gently caress over the Liberals. The Federal Nationals have too much skin in the game for them to accept that course.

The Liberals will probably not go an do a preference deal with One Nation in QLD, and that will be the bigger story.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
ALP should just put through a mining tax without their help then and stuff the Nats that way. Then with their newfound wealth spend like it's boom time and enjoy a 1000 year reich.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
So many posts So little worth. Looks like I belong here.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Meanwhile in Sydney

#fakeswaggie
#fakesquatter
#fakehipster

Don Dongington posted:

Didn't it used to have one or two token tories..
They get all butt hurt and don't post when their team gets a flogging. Buying ridiculous avatars of the hurt buttocks is their chosen field of conflict. The SA forums equivalent of the coward punch.

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Also no-one can ever compare WA to QLD again.
Well till next time a Western Australian is outted as a blantant racist, an indigenous person dies/is cooked/beaten to death in custody, anyone actually leaves Perth and has a look at say Kalgoolie, but most tellingly, the next election.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Missed the concession/victory speeches last night, but they're on YT now-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii0OY-yb9K4

You can hear the last bit of "TNT", the mad man actually did it-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdZHpMo33Ms

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Cartoon posted:

coward punch.

:commissar:

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

quote:

She also said she was proud of her party's efforts in spite of the result.

"For a 50-day campaign, we have done extremely well here," she said.

"I've got to thank all the supporters, we've had a fantastic effort.

"We didn't have the resources here in this state as what we have in the eastern states — I am so pleased with the vote that we have got."

So Hanson obviously hasn't learned from her 1998 campaign. BE READY

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Starshark posted:

So Hanson obviously hasn't learned from her 1998 campaign. BE READY

And with Ashby running things and pissing off or sacking the old One Nation staff, it's going to explode big time when the QLD state election happens.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Don Dongington posted:

It'd be interesting to see a modern, progressive Labor govt working with the Nats and Greens to deliver consensus-based policies that account for the needs of both urban and regional citizens.

2017 sure is weird.

God it would be fun to see a bunch of improvements made to the state with the libs yelling and screaming from the sidelines, unable to do anything about it.

fake edit: does any counting happen on sundays?

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

The ABC posted:

Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has brushed off questions about the federal implications of the Liberal Party's catastrophic performance in the West Australian election, saying the result had been "expected for quite some time".

Mr Turnbull scoffed at the Opposition's argument West Australian voters were partly influenced by their distaste for the Federal Government.

"I think Colin [Barnett] summed it up very well when he said overwhelmingly it was the 'it's time' factor," he said.

The Nationals Leader Barnaby Joyce took aim at the preference agreement when it was first revealed — and this morning he said the deal "was a mistake".

He said One Nation had "a bit of a shocker" in the election, and the Liberal Party had over-estimated popular support for the anti-immigration party.

But Mr Turnbull said he had nothing to do with preference decisions, and would not be drawn on the party's preferences strategy for the next federal election.

"Preferences are the matter for a relevant division of the party — they're always entered into with the intention and objective of maximising the vote and representation of the Liberal Party" he said.

"The next federal election is more than two years away and all preference decisions will be considered by the party organisation closer to the election."

Can't even rule PHON out now Mr Speaker.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Schlesische posted:

I don't think the WA Nationals will actually do something that will genuinely gently caress over the Liberals. The Federal Nationals have too much skin in the game for them to accept that course.

The Liberals will probably not go an do a preference deal with One Nation in QLD, and that will be the bigger story.

Have you met Brendon Grylls? He'd gladly knife the Liberals in the back and gently caress their skull.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Konomex posted:

Have you met Brendon Grylls? He'd gladly knife the Liberals in the back and gently caress their skull.

He's not a shoe-in to stay in Parliament.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
can't wait to see bill leak's take on this defeat!!!

because he is dead, haha

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
A good cartoonist died :(

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Every kiwi on earth seems to be in mourning

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Clawtopsy posted:

because he is dead, haha

The Deadly Hume posted:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Clawtopsy posted:

because he is dead, haha

Just frame a picture of his rotting corpse titled "LNP future"

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The Deadly Hume posted:

I'd love to see a count of how many papers eulogise Murray Bell vs Leak.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Guess people are going to do drugs . Maybe just work on having safe access rather than making criminals out of people for stupid reasons.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Taking drugs at festivals is very fun

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Actually nah it's more fun to wait in line for 15 minutes for a $10 can of Hahn Super Dry 3.5%

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I'd love to see a count of how many papers eulogise Murray Bell vs Leak.

Ah poo poo, I grew up reading Footrot Flats. As a kid I just assumed it was Australia cos I didn't really understand that New Zealand was a separate place.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

I'm legit sad about Murray Ball, I sent them an email a few months ago because we were in the area and would have stopped in but his son replied saying he can't really speak to anybody these days. Now I know why :smith:

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Wait, what? 3 is 300% of zero? gently caress, I've been doing math wrong this whole time.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

BlitzkriegOfColour posted:

Wait, what? 3 is 300% of zero? gently caress, I've been doing math wrong this whole time.

You obviously haven't been using scientific math, instead just the regular fake liberal kind.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 33 hours!

Bogan King posted:

You obviously haven't been using scientific math, instead just the regular fake liberal kind.

Empirical evidence

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Empirical evidence

*Pulls out giant bulging folder covered in three hundred post-it notes*

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
I think you'll find 0 is an invention of the muslamic hordes and has no place in our judeo-christian society.

Yes, I'm aware it's actually Indian.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 33 hours!
I would rather drink the garbage juice from an ibis's dirty beak than drink coopers again after what you just did. gently caress you, gently caress the Bible society, and gently caress the Liberals. Catch me next to a Sydney bin this week bargaining with an ibis for a drink out of his filthy mouth; I sure as poo poo won't be ordering any bloody coopers.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I'm sure there is a beverage other than those to choose (also what did coopers do)

Zenithe fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Mar 12, 2017

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Zenithe posted:

I'm sure there is a beverage other than those to choose (also what did coopers do)

The Sydney Morning Homosexual posted:

Two colleagues debating marriage equality over a couple of beers is not unusual. Throw in a Bible, TV camera and a parliamentary lawn, and things start getting a little, well, strange.

Federal Liberal MPs Tim Wilson and Andrew Hastie are the unlikely stars of a debate sponsored by the Bible Society of Australia and Coopers Brewery.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
They're also massive liberals donors. Drink piss Cooper's.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

What the gently caress :stare:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Oh man. I LOVE Coopers Extra Stout

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Thankfully Melbourne is awash in microbrews

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Anidav posted:

Oh man. I LOVE Coopers Extra Stout

Guinness does a decent extra stout too, until they become problematic like everything else in life.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Wait, so the person responsible for sparkling ale is a puritanical gently caress :wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

https://twitter.com/jameswstill/status/840887913109966849

nooo Coopers (drinks last pale ale).

• Locked thread